Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
The game only ever looks for a portrait that fits one of the nine emotional states which are used for every situation: Anger, Fear, Focus, Joy, Lewd, Neutral, Sadness, Struggle, Swoon. The function which displays the portraits doesn't actually know which action is taking place - it only knows which of those nine portraits it's being told to retrieve.
Ah, okay. Just wanted to know if there was a catch in there somewhere for additional portraits - such as for some scene if it checked for cry.png but found nothing and so fetched sadness.png instead.

In that case I'll focus efforts towards civilian, bestial, forsaken, etc. portraits.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
New update is out. 8 items are included according to the patch notes.

I started a few playthroughs to get all the items, because I didn't see them listed in the patch notes. It's possible that the .txt files have this info somewhere, but I don't know where it would have been put. Spoilers in case someone wants to find out themselves.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All of these have special text when viewed in the Archive menu.

Small oversight/bug--the hint relating to what is "random" is no longer correct, as your starting item is now also randomized.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Minor bug encountered (though it completely locks the game).

If you enable cheats, start a new campaign, cheat all the upgrades for yourself, then examine the first Chosen's data sheet, it locks everything up. I assume it's a UI thing of looking up a character you haven't encountered yet.

Speaking of, normally campaigns immediately start with a battle, but if you enable cheat mode first then that is not the case, why is that?

EDIT : Apparently happens even if I've encountered them.

Last edited:

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
Minor bug encountered (though it completely locks the game).

If you enable cheats, start a new campaign, cheat all the upgrades for yourself, then examine the first Chosen's data sheet, it locks everything up. I assume it's a UI thing of looking up a character you haven't encountered yet.

Speaking of, normally campaigns immediately start with a battle, but if you enable cheat mode first then that is not the case, why is that?
Same reason you don't immediatly start with a battle when you start a new loop with a sacrificed forsaken: you might want to do some things before the start of the battle

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
This game really has the potential to become the next erotohk of text based games.

It's super good.

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
This game really has the potential to become the next erotohk of text based games.

It's super good.
That would mean that you could play as a female character with ALOT of customization, since eraTohoK allows you to pick quite alot of different traits and stuff for your character.

Plus alot of content focused on your single character, who can just roam around and slut herself away on events without using other characters inbetween rounds.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
That would mean that you could play as a female character with ALOT of customization, since eraTohoK allows you to pick quite alot of different traits and stuff for your character.
Well this game is still In development and even if it only only stays as male protag it can still have the potential with the way its going imo. Still though it would be tough to get to those heights. This game is quite fun though and hope to see it get even better.

Jul 14, 2018
Trying out the medium level of violence, there are still some refferences to broken bones:

brokenbones.png

and a typo:
(force orgasm+, medium violence)

typo3.png

Last edited:

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Release 36:
  • Content: The default violence option now contains less extreme content. The old content remains accessible in the new high violence setting.
  • Content: When starting a new game in campaign mode, the player will be granted one of eight items, each with its own gameplay-affecting ability. Previously-seen items can be viewed using the Archive on the main menu.
  • Content: Added new introduction scenes for Chosen who start a loop with Core Vulnerability Breaks.
  • Content: Replaced the old default portraits for Crown, Basis, and generic horsegirls. The old portraits can still be found in the Legacy pack linked in the blog sidebar.
  • Content: Added one new vignette.
  • Interface: A new sidebar has been added which displays Chosen combat stats during combat. Once Psychic Reading has been purchased, the sidebar will display overall corruption status while out of combat.
  • Interface: The F11 key can now be used to toggle borderless fullscreen for the game.
  • Other: Returning Chosen in campaign mode who suffered a Core Distortion during a prior loop will now go through the Core Distortion post-battle scene with their new team as well.
  • Other: Added information about the bonuses of Distorted Forsaken to the Forsaken reference file.
  • Bugfix: Chosen who start a loop with Core Vulnerability Breaks will now immediately gain the proper relationship points with the corresponding Minor Vulnerability Chosen.
  • Bugfix: Using the Forsaken Tempt action during the final battle will no longer improperly reset the target's HATE and INJU before the PLEA defeat threshold has been reached.
  • Bugfix: Cheating to change a Forsaken's species will no longer get stuck on Superior.
  • Bugfix: Changing an existing campaign custom Chosen's species will no longer cause all changes starting at that point to fail to be saved.
  • Bugfix: Returning Chosen from previous loops in campaign mode will no longer be counted twice for achievement purposes.
I might need to go back and re-review CS if devs keep making changes I called for.
Keep it up

atheistcanuck

Oct 16, 2017
apparently managed to break a t2 vulnerability without the t1 being shown as broken?

Save file attached if it helps?

Jul 14, 2018
apparently managed to break a t2 vulnerability without the t1 being shown as broken?
Working as intended, as previously mentioned in the thread.

Unless I'm mistaken, the tiers have specific requirements and you can get the next one without having had the previous one.

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
Working as intended, as previously mentioned in the thread.

Unless I'm mistaken, the tiers have specific requirements and you can get the next one without having had the previous one.
Except for T4 which require the girl to use their T3 action multiple times. (also breaking the T3 of a core vulnerability will break the T1 and T2 of both the girl with said core vulnerability and the one with the associated minor vulnerability)

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Items are certainly an interesting bonus. It's going to be interesting seeing how they work during the campaign. I think Inferno Pepper might be the most game-changing one, as it basically lets you field a 2 turn, single capture commander for free. I'm not sure how useful it'd be, but I can imagine that the boosted angst would be helpful early on.

I'm not sure how useful the once-per cycle 10k damage ones will be, but I can imagine that they could be extremely helpful against advanced species of chosen.

Unicorn Lard could also be interesting. New chosen typically join in on day 3, and day 7. But with Unicorn Lard, and Forsaken, you can skip day 4, and trigger a new chosen early on day 5. Which lets you start getting EE generation from all three a lot earlier than normal. Plus an extra point or 2 of bonus EE early on could be interesting.

Inevitability is an interesting one. Trading 1 EE generation for an extra 10x damage with your basic actions. That's basically a guarentied 4 turn surround on at least one chosen per combat, possibly 2 if you get enough time to do it. I'll have to experiment to see if that's worth it.

Tomorrow's Newspaper is perhaps the least interesting of the items. Being able to field a 3/2 commander early on could be interesting, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Might be worth it, but I tend to want to save my points for the full 4/2 commander on day 12. Not sure an earlier commander that's likely only to result in one 3 turn surround and a few more 2 turn surrounds is worth it.

Aug 27, 2020
Why does this game actually require me to use my brain to get to the sexy bits? I was expecting to get off not actually make strategies on how to beat magical girls as badly as possible

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes