theirl

Jul 25, 2018
Why does this game actually require me to use my brain to get to the sexy bits? I was expecting to get off not actually make strategies on how to beat magical girls as badly as possible
u dont need to use your brain with u just use a guide for early game and save scum/brute force mid game
1669895178262.png

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Well, now that you mention it, could you list some of the stuff you're planning in the long run? Or short, for that matter? For example, I recall you mentioning undead but the phrasing made it sound as though that's not coming too soon, and you're already working on UI.

Soooooo, you know, whatcha got in the pipeline, if you don't mind me asking? I promise I won't take vague plans as promises for future content either!
I'll be going into more detail in my weekly SubscribeStar post, but the short version is that I want to add a bunch more items which can show up during campaign play and I want to further expand the custom sex scene system in preparation for threesomes and group sex in general. Undead Chosen also shouldn't be that far off - my target date for implementing them is the January 30 release. After that, I want to start adding "boss" Chosen.
I'll keep my eyes open for any other typos. It's pretty well written, so it isn't easy ;)
One thing I was wondering is whether chosen are pre-generated or generated on the fly. Like if you meet a Whisper, will she have the same stats/breaks or is different each time?
The way that random Chosen are generated is that they get a 0-100 score for Morality, Innocence, Confidence, and Dignity, and these scores affect how much trauma vs. circumstance damage they take. Minor is 0-33, Significant is 34-66, and Core is 67-100 (which means that even if two Chosen have all the same Vulnerabilities, they can actually be pretty different to fight). The names are picked by looking at which stat is highest, which is lowest, which of the remaining two is further from 50, and whether that one is above 50 or below 50. So, two Chosen with the same name can have different Core/Significant/Minor distributions, and two Chosen with the same Core/Significant/Minor distribution can have different names. But the name can sometimes tell you more than the Core/Significant/Minor distribution when it comes to how they should be fought (e.g. a Highest Confidence name will tend to be more resistant to INJU than another name, even if both have Core Confidence).
Weird bug report:

I also had a weird instance recently where I had a honey and axiom that used each other's portrait directories for some reason. I was able to rectify it, but I'm 100% certain it was like that (I was surprised to meet a honey with axiom portrait, but it was weird when the next revealed chosen was an axiom with honey portrait). I'm also 100% they didn't use other directories because all portrait directories are uniquely different, unlike base game.

It was a campaign run and I had 6 forsaken at that point, one of which was also honey (who was also bait, so honey was honey's sister).

May not be the most important bug, but may cause other issues in the future, so I thought I'd report it.
Were they twin sisters? This sounds like a bug in the code that tries to give the same portrait to twins. I'll take another look at it.
Ah, okay. Just wanted to know if there was a catch in there somewhere for additional portraits - such as for some scene if it checked for cry.png but found nothing and so fetched sadness.png instead.

In that case I'll focus efforts towards civilian, bestial, forsaken, etc. portraits.
The portrait system is coded so that it wouldn't be too hard to add extra portraits like that, but considering how hard it's been to even fill out the existing nine-portraits-per-personality-gender-species-Forsaken-transformation combination, I worry that it'd just end up as bloat.
Small oversight/bug--the hint relating to what is "random" is no longer correct, as your starting item is now also randomized.
Oops, good catch.
Minor bug encountered (though it completely locks the game).

If you enable cheats, start a new campaign, cheat all the upgrades for yourself, then examine the first Chosen's data sheet, it locks everything up. I assume it's a UI thing of looking up a character you haven't encountered yet.

Speaking of, normally campaigns immediately start with a battle, but if you enable cheat mode first then that is not the case, why is that?

EDIT : Apparently happens even if I've encountered them.
There are a couple of ways to get locked in the new version. You can't go back to main menu from "customize" either.
Customization is broken again, can't quit out of it.
Also I completed customization to the point where it created a save file and it broke all saves. Can't continue a game or load a customized team.
These should be fixed in Release 36b, which I uploaded to the blog last night. Saves which became unloadable should also start working fine again in 36b. In general, I'd recommend downloading the game from the blog, because that's guaranteed to always be the most up-to-date. There's a reason that I don't put it behind a paywall.
This game really has the potential to become the next erotohk of text based games.

It's super good.
Thank you for saying so! eragames were probably the biggest single inspiration when I was designing this. The custom sex scene system still needs work, but you can play as a female (with or without a penis) and the customization options are slowly being added.
Trying out the medium level of violence, there are still some refferences to broken bones:

View attachment 2205090

and a typo:
(force orgasm+, medium violence)

View attachment 2205108
Thanks for catching these. I skimmed the thread before uploading 36b last night and managed to get fixes to these included in that as well.
the inevitability item feels outrageously strong. I don't ever bother to turn it off
Items are certainly an interesting bonus. It's going to be interesting seeing how they work during the campaign. I think Inferno Pepper might be the most game-changing one, as it basically lets you field a 2 turn, single capture commander for free. I'm not sure how useful it'd be, but I can imagine that the boosted angst would be helpful early on.

I'm not sure how useful the once-per cycle 10k damage ones will be, but I can imagine that they could be extremely helpful against advanced species of chosen.

Unicorn Lard could also be interesting. New chosen typically join in on day 3, and day 7. But with Unicorn Lard, and Forsaken, you can skip day 4, and trigger a new chosen early on day 5. Which lets you start getting EE generation from all three a lot earlier than normal. Plus an extra point or 2 of bonus EE early on could be interesting.

Inevitability is an interesting one. Trading 1 EE generation for an extra 10x damage with your basic actions. That's basically a guarentied 4 turn surround on at least one chosen per combat, possibly 2 if you get enough time to do it. I'll have to experiment to see if that's worth it.

Tomorrow's Newspaper is perhaps the least interesting of the items. Being able to field a 3/2 commander early on could be interesting, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Might be worth it, but I tend to want to save my points for the full 4/2 commander on day 12. Not sure an earlier commander that's likely only to result in one 3 turn surround and a few more 2 turn surrounds is worth it.
Thank you for the feedback! I want to avoid commenting on the item balance myself for awhile, because I don't want to contaminate the first impression people have of which items are stronger or weaker. But I'm very interested in hearing people's experiences so that I can take them into account as I work on balancing these items and future items.

Microface

Aug 10, 2021
Idk what at I'm doing, when I deploy a forsaken they just seen like a worse demon. How do I use them effectively?

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
Thank you for the feedback! I want to avoid commenting on the item balance myself for awhile, because I don't want to contaminate the first impression people have of which items are stronger or weaker. But I'm very interested in hearing people's experiences so that I can take them into account as I work on balancing these items and future items.
Talking about item, it would probably be a good idea to write in Unicorn Lard's description that it gives a "pass time" button, especially considering it's the main reason it's useful in loop 1. You might also want it to signal that chosen still sin when you don't attack but that's less important

Jul 14, 2018
Idk what at I'm doing, when I deploy a forsaken they just seen like a worse demon. How do I use them effectively?
The advantage of a forsaken is that they have unlimited captures. The disadvantage is that they can't fly (different from suppressor/defiler/punisher) or do multiple simultaneous captures (same as suppressor/defiler/punishers).

It also depends quite a bit on the forsaken. When I first got forsaken, they seemed quite worthless. But then when I got my second team of forsaken, the new ones were great, so it was also a bit luck of the roll.

Things to look at:

Damage type strategy. I've had a lot better result with dual type compared to single or triple type.

You want something that helps set up trauma damage for future turns, which means you need at least hate or pleasure, and you want to set up higher circumstance damage, which means you need injury or expose. In my experience, though pleasure if great at building trauma, it ends up working as a nega on circumstance, so the ideal combinations are:

1. Hate/Expo
2. Hate/Injury

The ideal situation would be where the demon capture takes say, 5 turns against first target, whereas the second chosen shows up turn 7 and the third turn 9.

That way you can ambush the first, then surround the first. Then the second shows up and you can capture them. Then start circumstance damage against the first. Then when the third shows up you want to do an attack (slime/threaten/attack) and then surround, or two different attacks and surround(2). Depends on how long the others are going to be surrounded.

In the early game there are instances where the forsaken can give you access to a combined suppressor type attack that you wouldn't otherwise have access to. In the mid game it can give you access to more powerful (and expensive) demons that you wouldn't have access to. In the late game it can give you access to a special kind of punisher types if you've given them that role (I've got a forsaken that can break T4 innocence and confidence at roughly 300% lower than usual, so at 700% instead of 1000%).

There are times where forsaken are worth their cost and times when they're overcosted.

Last edited:

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
How to use the Forsaken depends a lot on their Disgrace, which is the stat that determines their cost. High disgrace = low cost. All of this was on the last patch and items may really change this up, I don't know.

Extreme low cost--extremely low damage. Talking 1-3 EE cost. The high number of surround turns you get on these can be used in the first days of a loop to get all Forsaken out early. If they focus on a single damage type they might be able to pay for themselves with a T0 bonus (+2 EE for core circumstance level 2), so try it. I used a PLEA-focused commander here in a loop, that had a rather insane Trauma modifier on it (see below).

Low cost (single digit, I aim for about 4EE)--low damage. So you'll need a damage multiplier to do anything useful with them. An easy damage multiplier is--focusing on a single type of damage, which is worth 1000% (10x). So your little tiny Forsaken need to be trained so that they give massive damage to one circumstance only. For similar EE, they compare very favorably to Demons with a Suppressor equipped for the same cost, since you aren't paying extra for turns or captures. Get them a lot of experience in a single type of damage. It's helpful to keep their Obedience low if that is an option for you. I don't worry too much about whether these have a bonus, but I'm not playing too deep into campaign loops right now--if I were, I'd try to eventually get Distorted Forsaken into these roles for the +50% bonus to Circ damage.

Medium cost--medium damage. These are Forsaken that cost in the 10-35 range (my most recent save used 12). I give these experience in 2 damage types. This is a range where it really is helpful to have a Distorted chosen because you can take advantage of both bonuses. Can be useful when you don't have the upgrades for multiple captures/many turns--often these are cheaper than various 3-capture basic commanders.

High cost--high damage. I'm thinking 35-125 EE cost here. I don't really find much use for Forsaken at this level, though they might be more helpful against the Superior/Animalistic Chosen, I honestly don't know. Does anyone out there use chosen in this range effectively? Can they get Orgies started with some savings over 3-capture long duration basic commanders?

Very High cost--Very High Damage, but that's not really what you care about. 125EE or more. I put these chosen into Positions and summon them only when I have one or (preferably) multiple Chosen ready for one or more T4 breaks. You can get some pretty extreme bonuses here, but since these depend on the minor/major/core of whatever Chosen show up, this may not be an option for you. The damage that these Forsaken do is not really the relevant part of what I use them for.
Just as a for instance:
Significant Innocence, Significant Dignity, Core Morality: Hardworking Publicist
Up to +1000% victim trauma damage as Forsaken
Core Morality, Minor Confidence: Timid Harvester
Up to -40% victim Obedience as Forsaken
One of my R35 saves has someone giving these bonuses out at over 800% for the first and over 30% for the second. Like, that Forsaken is insanely good at making little low-cost Forsaken that can be summoned over and over again in the early part of loops, generating multiple future surrounds, as long as she performs the relevant T4 breaks. I don't have the experience to tell you whether this works out well at say, loop 25 or whatever, but it works pretty well in early loops.

The big thing that you should be focusing on with Forsaken is finding things you can't do with a basic commander and then optimizing the fuck out of them. Like, for example, a 4EE Forsaken can be gotten well before day 12 (they don't require upgrades for multiple captures or duration) and with the right bonuses and and attack types, you can have a Forsaken that breaks, say, everyone's T2 INN, giving you an early rush of EE and breaking you out of the cycle where the game doesn't start until day 12. A 2EE Forsaken can very possibly bring all 3 Chosen to you the first day you send her out, which if you feed the Breeding Pit, can be day 1. See if you can get Forsaken that break the rules in these sorts of ways.

Reactions: unremark

Goldendice

Mar 11, 2019
Finished the first loop on campaign mode, but the game is freezing up on
Nagano - Day 51

It is time to choose your next destination.
The continue button kind of just freezes up and doesn't let me press it. If I remove focus from the game for a while, the action bar disappears entirely when I return. I've tried reloading my day 50 save and winning again but it happens every time.

Is there a way to fix this or is my run just completely bugged? Save file attached if that helps (edit: After building my parasite commander, I have Despair kill Moppet, then use taunt to get Despair's resolve to 0)

Last edited:

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Talking about item, it would probably be a good idea to write in Unicorn Lard's description that it gives a "pass time" button, especially considering it's the main reason it's useful in loop 1. You might also want it to signal that chosen still sin when you don't attack but that's less important
Both of those are good points. I'll rewrite its description for the next version.
Finished the first loop on campaign mode, but the game is freezing up on

The continue button kind of just freezes up and doesn't let me press it. If I remove focus from the game for a while, the action bar disappears entirely when I return. I've tried reloading my day 50 save and winning again but it happens every time.

Is there a way to fix this or is my run just completely bugged? Save file attached if that helps (edit: After building my parasite commander, I have Despair kill Moppet, then use taunt to get Despair's resolve to 0)
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've just now uploaded R36c to the blog, which should allow you to continue your campaign run without any more issues.

Reactions: Goldendice

Darin68

Jan 4, 2018
I downloaded the game, but when I click on the .exe it tells me that the download manager cannot find the source material. what am I doing wrong ?

Jul 14, 2018
does someone have a walktrouht or a guide?
there is a couple of txt files that come with the game that give a lot of good information.

If you're just getting started, don't read forsaken or training guide; those are things you run into after your first campain (50ish days)

Reactions: SettN

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
I'll be going into more detail in my weekly SubscribeStar post, but the short version is that I want to add a bunch more items which can show up during campaign play and I want to further expand the custom sex scene system in preparation for threesomes and group sex in general. Undead Chosen also shouldn't be that far off - my target date for implementing them is the January 30 release. After that, I want to start adding "boss" Chosen.
1669973260739.png

KuroSama

Mar 1, 2018
but the short version is that I want to add a bunch more items which can show up during campaign play and I want to further expand the custom sex scene system
Nice, this is what i have been waiting for, currently it feels like you can barely do anything in custom sex scenes, I really want more ways to interact with the girls as the demon lord.

Moodest

Jul 24, 2021
how to load?? i click the new save button on data nothing appear i click any resemble of new/save then quit and load but the load did not even work so how to load??? using lastest java which is 1.8.0_351

Adrian24

May 25, 2017
There are several picture packs to download. However, they are all anime. I wish someone made a real JAV actresses picture pack.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
To be blunt, every update I'm just looking to see if there have been Forsaken QoL improvements before I get back into this. Even as hard as the initial game was to get into, trying to understand Forsaken and their training feels completely impossible.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes