Yllarius

Dec 13, 2017
So I've tried a few times and i'm still one of those people that don't 'get it'.
I followed the guide posted earlier.
I started with the 10k INJU item. I used it day 2 to force a t2 break on girl 1. (Prayer)
I mostly attacked generating trauma and built up EE till day 13.
So here I am on day 13, with a 2x4 commander and I cannot seem to get anywhere near 10k.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So here's what i'm working with. Overall their trauma vulnerabilities are fairly low, with Prayer resistant to shame and Hate mostly, with a dab of pleasure. Pain resistant mainly to disgust and injury. and Honey easily traumatized but with very good resistance to circumstance damage.

So my thought process was to mostly leave Honey alone, leaving her for last. Between Prayer and Pain, Prayer has a higher vulnerability to exposure, so I figured by targetting her first, her high exposure could help the multipliers on Pain.

Except, try as I might I can't seem to get anywhere near 10k. I can capture Prayer early, then when Pain comes in, capture her and surround prayer. But by the end of this surround I'm out of turns. I could spend a few turns setting the capture on Pain, then surround Prayer, but usually by then the extermination has started and I can't get another surround on Prayer.

Maybe it's not even possible to hit 10k given my current setup. Or maybe i'm just playing wrong. Would it be better to try and break Honey's lower tier vulnerabilities? I also understand that unresolved trauma builds up base damage, but i'm unclear as to how helpful that actually is in the long run.

I'll include the save if anyone wants to take a crack at it, I enabled cheats because after 3 games of 40-45 days and not breaking a single vuln I decided I needed some more help, but I havn't used them and would like to avoid it, this as much progress as I feel i've made.

(Also if there's a way to pull a single save IDK how, so I just deleted the excess so it's the only save here.)

EDIT: For further clarifaction, I have all of the upgrades listed in the aforementioned guide: " Psychic Reading, Wide Deployment, Fast Breeders, Enhanced Polymorphism, Coordinated Deployment, Focus, Eager Breeders, Weakness Sense, Perception, Cunning, Patience, Persistence"

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
Prayer has a higher vulnerability to exposure, so I figured by targetting her first
Most of the time you should target the girl you want to work on 1st. So if you go for Pain then target her first, she's an ok target. Why would you break minor vuln on Prayer though? Should have broken her core. But anyway. Start with Pain, inju-hate-plea-expo by the looks of it, but you if you can't get enough openings on her for next surround may need to hate 1st. For Prayer try plea-inju-expo if that manages to bump plea to rank 1, if not, just expo-inju.

I managed to break T2 core avoiding annoying INN minor vuln on Pain in one go. So it's definately possible.
I have no time to make a full step by step rn, maybe later if interested. Your commander was on ambush for some reason btw, don't do that.

Last edited:

eidalac

Mar 23, 2020
Here is a bit of a puzzle, may not be solvable but I'm curious.

Day 23? Pretty much won, just have to break T4 stuff on 2 of the girls, but one is a bit of an issue

Chosen:

Capture.PNG

Spice is my first Superior Chosen and I'm doing Rampage Distortion.

Working nicely for EE generation, as I can get her to give 30 EE for rampaging plus 15 base.

Issue I'm having is Rampage triggers if Hate > Injury during a capture/surround and I can not seem to keep her Injury level up - ie if I start a surround with her at 0 hate, 3 injury and do Grind once, her hate jumps 1-2 levels every round so she's on a Rampage in 2 rounds.

This is largely due to her only being weak to Hate and very strong vs Injury.

spice.PNG

If I avoid any hate generating actions I get really low generation of trauma overall, but if I get ANY hate she'll rampage and dump it all for 30 EE.

Is there anything I can do to keep Hate from spiking out of control, or should I just grind up the 100M shame slowly while I work on T4 for the others and give up on breaking morality on Spice?

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
Question, what do I do on "downtime" days?

I'm on day 17 of my first playthrough and want to save some EE so that I can break all remaining t2's with a 6 turn 3 capture commander. This means I'll have to save up for a couple of days to get versatility and determination, plus the cost of the commander itself. I have the inferno pepper item, so I can get a "free" basic commander but I doubt I can do much with it.

Is it okay to have days when you just mess around, saving up for a commander/upgrades? Or should I be riding the EE bonuses from vuln breaking, using the influx of EE to break even more and gain even more EE?

Was it a bad idea to go for nursery hives and human collaborators instead of getting more commander upgrades?

Yllarius

Dec 13, 2017
Most of the time you should target the girl you want to work on 1st. So if you go for Pain then target her first, she's an ok target. Why would you break minor vuln on Prayer though? Should have broken her core. But anyway. Start with Pain, inju-hate-plea-expo by the looks of it, but you if you can't get enough openings on her for next surround may need to hate 1st. For Prayer try plea-inju-expo if that manages to bump plea to rank 1, if not, just expo-inju.

I managed to break T2 core avoiding annoying INN minor vuln on Pain in one go. So it's definately possible.
I have no time to make a full step by step rn, maybe later if interested. Your commander was on ambush for some reason btw, don't do that.
OH, I see what I was doing wrong essentially. I hadn't counted in the concept that later breaks are far longer. I was attempting to lengthen combat by using the second capture on another girl, or setting one up for a surround.

By simply capturing Pain -> Surrounding Pain -> Capturing Prayer and humiliating-> Surrounding Pain in the order you already mentioned, the last turn of surround was 12 turns, so even though she was only at ~1k for each (though with a 18x multiplier), the massive amount of turns she was surrounded for was enough.

I appreciate the help.

Finally the last question for now. I'm not sure I understand the 'highest circ' penalty. I was under the impression it was caused by having one circumstance a lower level than the others. But at one point I had level 2 in all traumas and 1 in all circumstances but still suffered the penalty.

Is this penalty simply unavoidable as circumstances rise?

Last edited:

Eski

Jun 25, 2018
Either I'm stupid or I ran into a bug.

I don't see a button to continue to the next battle in my latest save, named "interfere_2". I had just finished Meeting up with a Chosen on the Negotiation path, named Cheer.

Luckily I have another save just before this day so I haven't lost that much progress, but it's still annoying.

By the way, if the dev is reading this, here's a minor issue that happened during this campaign. I'm on Loop 2 and both my Loop 1 and 2 have a Chosen named "Cheer". Different real names so they're both different people. I imagine it's because I put a Forsaken in the "Bait" position after my first loop victory and the Loop 2 Cheer is the Forsaken's little sister so the game logic of not having "duplicate" Chosen doesn't apply.

EDIT: I just realized something. I was trying to do Temptation and Negotiation but you need a shit ton of angst to do negotiations. Once you tempt, angst goes down to 0. How am I supposed to progress in the Negotiation path? Do I do Negotiation first or try to do massive orgies every turn and build back angst again (assuming I even can)?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I am a double idiot. Negotiating with a chosen means I can't battle for the day. And I can build up Angst back up just fine, but I guess it just gets immediately drained after a Tempt action? Is that how it works?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018
By the way, if the dev is reading this, here's a minor issue that happened during this campaign. I'm on Loop 2 and both my Loop 1 and 2 have a Chosen named "Cheer". Different real names so they're both different people. I imagine it's because I put a Forsaken in the "Bait" position after my first loop victory and the Loop 2 Cheer is the Forsaken's little sister so the game logic of not having "duplicate" Chosen doesn't apply.
same i had two edges in loop 2 and 3 and i didnt use any bait

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Here is a bit of a puzzle, may not be solvable but I'm curious.

Day 23? Pretty much won, just have to break T4 stuff on 2 of the girls, but one is a bit of an issue

Spice is my first Superior Chosen and I'm doing Rampage Distortion.

Is there anything I can do to keep Hate from spiking out of control, or should I just grind up the 100M shame slowly while I work on T4 for the others and give up on breaking morality on Spice?
It's not really unsolvable but it will be a bit difficult. I do think you have a good chance since you should have most the needed upgrades, available (networked consciouss, passion release, soul resonance)

I would use what tools you have available to get an orgy going, ride the orgy out until the turn just before she rampages, (as soon as her HATE overtakes her INJU, and retreat before she rampages, it might be a bit hard since her Innocence and Confidence are core vulnerabilities. So it might be good to use defiler + suppressor commander possibly Spite + Lust and and ambush her teammate for some EXPO damage, or just ambush her first if that causes a T2 confidence break.

It may add a couple of days to your loop but the orgies will greatly help! And congratulations on wrapping things up so quickly! :D

Eski

Jun 25, 2018
Okay, this time I ran into something that I'm sure is a bug.

I got the "Tempting Negotiations" vignette and it was the Negotiated Chosen interacting with the Negotiated Chosen. The Tempted Chosen was nowhere to be seen.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Either I'm stupid or I ran into a bug.

I don't see a button to continue to the next battle in my latest save, named "interfere_2". I had just finished Meeting up with a Chosen on the Negotiation path, named Cheer.

Luckily I have another save just before this day so I haven't lost that much progress, but it's still annoying.

EDIT: I just realized something. I was trying to do Temptation and Negotiation but you need a shit ton of angst to do negotiations. Once you tempt, angst goes down to 0. How am I supposed to progress in the Negotiation path? Do I do Negotiation first or try to do massive orgies every turn and build back angst again (assuming I even can)?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I am a double idiot. Negotiating with a chosen means I can't battle for the day. And I can build up Angst back up just fine, but I guess it just gets immediately drained after a Tempt action? Is that how it works?
From looking at your save I believe things are working as intended, since both of those cheer's have different vulnerabilities than each other despite having the same name, this is a little behind the scenes but how chosen get their names is when their vulnerabilities are generated their name is based on those vulnerabilities in a weighted system. I have the document from CSdev that has all the names and what vulnerabilities combinations they're weighted towards for chosen designing. To keep things simple for explanation purposes. The chosen's name "Cheer" is usually given to chosen with the Highest Innocence, Lowest Dignity, Significant Morality, and Confidence that alternates between Minor and Significant.
Could be wrong in interpreting the changelog but I think when CSDev said it's significantly less likely to come across the same vulnerability arrangement they mean exact same.

frankensteiner316, If the Edge you came across had slightly vulnerablities as well, the same explanation is applicable there of it being how the naming system works, if they do have the exact same vulnerabilites though, then it's definetly a bug so it would be helpful to upload your save for CSDev to take a look at it

Hope this helps! :D

I got the "Tempting Negotiations" vignette and it was the Negotiated Chosen interacting with the Negotiated Chosen. The Tempted Chosen was nowhere to be seen.
That Definitely is a bug and I'm going to message CSDev in a bit about something so I'll include this in the message, if you could upload your save for this one as well I definitely would appreciate it! :)

Jul 14, 2018
Issue I'm having is Rampage triggers if Hate > Injury during a capture/surround and I can not seem to keep her Injury level up - ie if I start a surround with her at 0 hate, 3 injury and do Grind once, her hate jumps 1-2 levels every round so she's on a Rampage in 2 rounds.
What's the issue? Once you've reached target for rampage, the goal should be to let rampage every time you can for the EE. Sometimes delaying it a bit to have more time to achieve goals on the others (and hence, not grinding to keep hate low).

Question, what do I do on "downtime" days?

Is it okay to have days when you just mess around, saving up for a commander/upgrades? Or should I be riding the EE bonuses from vuln breaking, using the influx of EE to break even more and gain even more EE?
Yes. I train forsaken or I just skip. 50 days, about 50 vulnerabilities to break total. There are going to be turns where you don't break any and turns where you break multiple.

Reactions: Sinistrem

923pr

Jul 2, 2018
Okay, I think I might be running into a bug here. Or maybe I bugged the game out instead.

I have three custom chosen in my campaign that i've set up to be three sisters going from eldest to youngest. All animalistic. Two are standard horsegirls "Wild Horse Cantor" and "Enduring Horse Driver", while the third is a modified horsegirl "Noble Horse Champion" with Core, Minor, Significant, Core.

I ran into "Noble Horse Champion", and because I didn't realise how Bait worked, I set her up as bait. Then I ran into "Enduring Horse Driver" afterwards, but turns out she has no relation with "Noble Horse Champion". Instead, "Flawless Princess Edge" runs up demanding I hand back her older sister, "Champion". Whoops.

I go back and load the save I made after beating "Noble Horse Champion", taking her off the bait position, and this time, both "Flawless Princess Edge" and "Enduring Horse Driver" have no relation to "Champion".

At this point, I go back to the save with "Edge" being the younger sister of "Champion" and capture "Driver" and "Edge". I put "Champion" in the bait position because I'm thinking of just cheating "Edge" into being "Driver".

In the next team that shows up, "Whisper" shows up demanding I hand back her best friend "Champion" and "Cantor" has nothing in her info or introduction about me having "Champion".

I just want my horse-girl sister pussy, man.

Edit: Oh, and when I ask "Champion" and "Edge" who each other are as forsaken, "Champion" calls "Edge" her younger sister, while "Edge" calls "Champion" a really great pal.

tetrisedris

Jul 1, 2017
Tried the game but damn have a hard time understanding what happen most of the time
i think nobody really gets it, except for the dev and the few people who have ever won a dwarf fortress map.

honestly just try it out with cheats, you do learn some basics by doing, and once you find something that works, the readme in the game folder will help you from there.

But in general, the new Interface is a big improvement alreay, with the stats to the side, i'm super happy about that

Last edited:

Eski

Jun 25, 2018
That Definitely is a bug and I'm going to message CSDev in a bit about something so I'll include this in the message, if you could upload your save for this one as well I definitely would appreciate it! :)
Here it is but I'm not sure which save is relevant. It's probably one of the ones in slots 4-7.

Reactions: Kalloi

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
Is this penalty simply unavoidable as circumstances rise?
Yes, every time any circ reaches next tier, dmg to all circs lowers by 50%. So when you get to lvl 1 it's 1\2, at lvl 2 it's 1\4 and so on. You can't avoid it, so it's better to level circs close to each other, otherwise circs that a girl is weak against will pull ahaed and it will be even harder to lvl circs she's strong with.

i think nobody really gets it
It's not really that hard when you make an effort to understand. It's just raw numbers and text only, and that seem to scare a lot of people nowadays.

I noticed that with DnD based games.
- What the hell is 3d6+2?!!
- It's 3 rolls of 6 sided dice plus 2 bonus, so that will be 5-20 range.
- But why won't they just say 5-20? That's so convoluted!
- No it's not, that's a very basic formula and provides clear distinction between base and bonuses.
- But I have to multiply 6 by 3!!! It's like I'm back to school!
:FacePalm:

Last edited:

eidalac

Mar 23, 2020
I would use what tools you have available to get an orgy going, ride the orgy out until the turn just before she rampages, (as soon as her HATE overtakes her INJU, and retreat before she rampages.
Yeah, I ended up giving up the distortion on the other chosen to be able to get an orgy. Due to the types the only option that wouldn't break was... hate.

The other distortion was negotiation, so that was pretty dead in the water since you need alot of angst on all the chosen to negotiate.

Not sure if I can get her to T4 on anything before the final fight, since it'll be a while to get her more weaknesses and that hate weakness is so huge it's hard to dance around, but we'll see how close I can get in the last 20 days.

Beroxxus

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah, I ended up giving up the distortion on the other chosen to be able to get an orgy. Due to the types the only option that wouldn't break was... hate.

The other distortion was negotiation, so that was pretty dead in the water since you need alot of angst on all the chosen to negotiate.

Not sure if I can get her to T4 on anything before the final fight, since it'll be a while to get her more weaknesses and that hate weakness is so huge it's hard to dance around, but we'll see how close I can get in the last 20 days.
If you are doing Orgies, getting the Angst for Negotiation will be easy. Orgies greatly multiply the amount of damage the girls take. This is one of those games where you struggle and then all of a sudden you know what to do and it becomes easy. Then you start trying the hard part of pulling off multiple distortions for challenges.

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes