Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Tried playing thia again and now I forgot how to play xD

Guides/Walkthroughs here are kinda confusing so if I get it right, first you want the to deal highest trauma to chosen, then the corresponding consequences or core vulnerability?

Afterwards, Beeline to Network Conciousness and Reality Sealing.

Anyways why should we avoid Minor Vul? So Chosens would "fight" with others with Core Vul of the same Circumstance?

I remember there was a guide before, now it's more of a "quest" though so was kinda confused.
Also how does "approach" work? Or it mainly works after designated Distortion is done?

Also yeah, feel like Suppressor and Defiler Commanders sucks lel. I mean I think if you deal decent circumstance damage, you can use the Corresponding Vulnerability attacks on the chosen even if you don't have those on your commander, or maybe I'm just confusing them lel.

Anyways getting a "perfect" start up is hard in campaign lel. Can't get that 21 ee on Day 9 :/

Also Main Menu doesn't work after every Campaign failure, also is it possible to make an "undo battle" button or you just really either finish the day then reload or close the client and reload lel.

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
Do you get new stuff as you progress negotiation path? I've met her 3 times already and it seems the same, is there any reason to meet again apart from increasing resolve damage from "appeal" (whatever that means)? So far it seems like just a reset of all trauma/angst for barely any return.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Can Chosen who were generated with broken vulnerabilities that I can't break myself without sacrificing the distortion still get a distortion that needs the vulnerabilities that are pre-broken?

This is what I am working with and my goal is aversion:

Untitled.png

Do you get new stuff as you progress negotiation path? I've met her 3 times already and it seems the same, is there any reason to meet again apart from increasing resolve damage from "appeal" (whatever that means)? So far it seems like just a reset of all trauma/angst for barely any return.
Resolve damage is the damage dealt in the final battle of a loop that determines how much longer they will stand against you. If it hits 0, they join you as Forsaken, though there is a chance they may be killed by other Chosen from their own team instead depending on the relationships among the Chosen.

Appeal is a move specific to the negotiate distortion that does resolve damage dependent on how much negotiating you do with the specific Chosen it is used on and can even be a one hit win against a Chosen with high enough development of the move through negotiating. Appeal is basically the negotiation distortion version of tempt, which can be developed with the temptation distortion and does basically the same in battle.

As for what you get, most of it comes when they become Forsaken, which then gives them benefits based on the distortion that was used to bring them to your side. Not sure if you get new stuff during their time as Chosen, I only ever cleared a loop on just breaking their vulnerabilities and am only just now looking at doing a distortion run with aversion distortion on all three as my goal.

Last edited:

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
Yay just won my first loop, captured 2 chosen and distorted the last one, almost felt like a pushover compared to breaking t3/t4 vulns lol. Also antipathy op af, now I want to get all of them to hate each other.

My final battle was basically capture with commander -> use the "command +" twice to break the chosen, wait until the next one shows up, do the same, appeal to the final chosen to instantly break resolve -> win.

Is there anything I should do with the forsaken in particular? Since the later loops get progressively harder I don't want to mess up with managing forsaken and fall behind the curve.

Last edited:

Eski

Jun 25, 2018
I'm on Loop 5 and this is the first time I've gone past Loop 2. By the way, what's the highest loop you guys have been in?

Any general tips on how to deal with Animalistic Chosen? The whole cycling weaknesses thing almost seems like cheating and a pain to get around. My impression of the game is that it rewards keeping damage more or less balanced between the types but how the hell am I supposed to do that when 3/4 of my CIRC attacks are doing 1/10 damage? Am I supposed to just heavily stack EXPO on the other Chosen?

I'm having trouble getting anywhere with the Animalistic one. You can see my roster attached if curious.

I've been going heavy on Negotiation in this campaign and I lucked out extremely well by picking up 2 items:
  • Schwerer Guison: Once per loop, the target Chosen at the start of battle will begin with 10k INJU damage.
  • Propaganda: When one of the Chosen first becomes a valid target for the Negotiation Distortion, deal 1 billion ANGST to the entire team. Also, on truce days, all active Tier-3 breaks gain 50% Punisher progress.
After I got all my Chosen (see attached) I saw an immediate opportunity. The Animalistic Chosen, Updraft automatically came with prebroken INN. So I used my INJU item to immediately break her CON vulnerabilities and made her eligible for Negotiation on just Day 8. This instantly gave the entire team 1 Billion ANGST and I could deal 29-30 Base Damage to all the Chosen.

However I can't Negotiate with Updraft because she immediately removes ANGST beneath the Negotiation threshold but even then, I'd probably wouldn't Negotiate right away. It would set her ANGST spiraling down to zero and it would take forever to build it back up again.

My plan is to get Updraft to the Billion ANGST threshold, Negotiate with her, then Negotiate with another Chosen to activate my free ANGST item again. However, even with 999M ANGST on Updraft I can't get her to 10K CIRC to do any defiler actions. Hell, I'm struggling to do even 1K. Any insight?

Reactions: Kalloi

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Dem, having a decent "first loop" chosen is hard. Why do I keep getting ones with T2's already broken and sometimes 2 of them with 2 T2 broken lel.

Also forgot that Item Name but it rocks, the one with -1 Energy for 10x Trauma xD

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
how do you trigger that
When I started negotiation path with one chosen, another one instantly called her out as a traitor, turning them from friends into bitter enemies. Also I think the general "break core vulnerabilities before breaking similar minor vulnerabilities on other chosen" advice still works. I assumed it only worked for the first few breaks, but after breaking a t4 core innocence on one of my chosen, another one with only t2 minor innocence approached her and decided that she is too far gone and must be put down, becoming bitter enemies too. So I had 1 chosen with 20% resolve and 2 with 60% resolve, meaning I could break them one by one before the others managed to show up. Although honestly just straight up letting them murder each other is probably even easier once everyone hates everyone.

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
The whole cycling weaknesses thing almost seems like cheating and a pain to get around.
I haven't fought them yet, but I remember reading that the cycling thing doesn't happen if you have managed to break a vulnerability on the previous day. So you probably want to focus on corrupting other chosen until the best vulnerability becomes available on the furry and then either try to break their legs vulnerabilities with expo support from other chosen. That or maybe it's an attempt to make the defiler/suppressor commanders more viable since they have a much more focused output, allowing you to just drill one vulnerability on the furry while you are busy doing normal surrounds on other chosen.

Reactions: Eski and Kalloi
Jul 14, 2018
How do I apply the image pack?
There is a folder called "portraits" in the game folder. Inside that there is a folder for each inbuilt chosen.

If you want to apply a conversion portrait pack, you simply overwrite the folders and files from the portrait pack.

If you want to apply custom portraits, you can add the new folders to the portraits folder. Then in the game, you have to actually create a chosen with the same name as that folder to include the new custom chosen.

Eski

Jun 25, 2018
I haven't fought them yet, but I remember reading that the cycling thing doesn't happen if you have managed to break a vulnerability on the previous day. So you probably want to focus on corrupting other chosen until the best vulnerability becomes available on the furry and then either try to break their legs vulnerabilities with expo support from other chosen. That or maybe it's an attempt to make the defiler/suppressor commanders more viable since they have a much more focused output, allowing you to just drill one vulnerability on the furry while you are busy doing normal surrounds on other chosen.
Your suggestions actually made me experiment with the Forsaken I had on my bench and they turned out to be the breakthrough I needed. Maybe Defiler/Suppressor commanders would've worked fine as well but I was itching to find an actual use for my Forsaken.

I was lucky enough to have a Superior Forsaken from my last loop that was surprisingly cheap and who focused on PLEA/EXPO. I wasn't really interested in the EXPO since I was focusing on PLEA orgies but it still worked out nicely. Like you said, the much more focused output was the key to brute forcing my way through. It was annoying having to wait for the Animalistic Chosen to cycle to a PLEA weakness, but I suppose the tortoise beat the hare in the end. Once I racked up enough EE I gambled on one of my more expensive Forsaken and managed to get just enough ANGST to start my Negotiation plans.

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
I've only finished the first loop so far, and after being bombarded with all the info on Forsaken I just threw them into an oven for a permanent +2 EE at the start. Since I'm nearing the end of loop 2 maybe I should try to get a superior chosen corrupted on loop 3.

Assuming that distortions are always superior, which distortion is the best for forsaken?

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Your suggestions actually made me experiment with the Forsaken I had on my bench and they turned out to be the breakthrough I needed. Maybe Defiler/Suppressor commanders would've worked fine as well but I was itching to find an actual use for my Forsaken.

I was lucky enough to have a Superior Forsaken from my last loop that was surprisingly cheap and who focused on PLEA/EXPO. I wasn't really interested in the EXPO since I was focusing on PLEA orgies but it still worked out nicely. Like you said, the much more focused output was the key to brute forcing my way through. It was annoying having to wait for the Animalistic Chosen to cycle to a PLEA weakness, but I suppose the tortoise beat the hare in the end. Once I racked up enough EE I gambled on one of my more expensive Forsaken and managed to get just enough ANGST to start my Negotiation plans.
I was going to reply to your earlier post after I got off work but glad you got a good strategy going! You’ve already figured what I was going to recommend but the best way to deal with animalistic in the beginning is a bit similar to superior chosen where you focus on their teammates and weaken them early on in the loop and use those weaknesses for concentrated attacks on the superior/animalistic chosen. In your case, updraft will be a bit difficult since she has core morality and core confidence. So you’ll have to rely on big EXPO multipliers from her teammates and exploiting her minor innocence to rack up a lot of angst and long surround turns when she’s in heat

Forsaken that deal in Two or one damage types I find are really helpful for animalistic chosen since they’re only susceptible to one at a time. And with the extra damage, another benefit of superior forsaken comes into play when the animalistic chosen starts their t3 breaks since you can capture and release the animal Chosen to raise a lot corruption % even on their off cycles,

I hope the rest of your run goes well!

EDIT: I forgot to say my highest loop completed but I believe it was loop 8 on two separate occasions, the first time was back when rampancy was introduced I believe and the second was when animalistic chosen were introduced, I keep wanting to go farther but when a new update comes out I always feel more motivated to start a new run instead haha

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I've only finished the first loop so far, and after being bombarded with all the info on Forsaken I just threw them into an oven for a permanent +2 EE at the start. Since I'm nearing the end of loop 2 maybe I should try to get a superior chosen corrupted on loop 3.

Assuming that distortions are always superior, which distortion is the best for forsaken?
Distortions each has their own utility and weaknesses so it’s hard to say which is the better one, The best thing to do is figure out a role for your forsaken ahead of time and if a particular distortion makes them fit that role even better then go for that one. I wrote a post about detailing this some time ago so instead of saying the same thing again I’ll give an example of this kind of thinking

in my current playthough I came across a chosen that had a punisher ability that raises her trauma damage each time she parasitize a chosen, which made me think she’d be great as “boss forsaken” or one I can use in some final battles. So I thought about what distortion would be best for her, I came to a conclusion that negotiation is the best since she can get the traumatize defiler and maximize that trauma damage even more

There is some merit to not put any distortions on a forsaken if you have enough forsaken punishers available to you in a run, it really depends on the kind of forsaken you want to make for your team

Reactions: Sinistrem

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
I'll add that a really cheap (2 EE), temp forsaken with EXPO combat style is a really useful early game forsaken. You can hit hard on two circumstances, EXPO and PLEA - without compromising on damage output.

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
Thanks guys! Well since I've yet again managed to get all 3 chosen captured and I don't think that sacrificing them all again will be worth it, maybe I should try to train some of them as a forsaken.

There aren't any other uses for them apart from combat training and sacrificing for extra starting EE, right?

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Forsaken are best thought of as niche commanders. At low EE costs, they can deal more damage and capture chosen for longer than your demon commanders. But at high EE cost's, I think the more flexible demon commanders end up being better for damage. The more damage types a demon does, the more powerful it becomes overall. On the other hand, the more damage types a forsaken goes for, the less powerful they become. Additially, sometimes it's advantagious to only send out a commander for 4-5 turns, which isn't an option for forsaken. Forsaken capture duration is between 5-8 turns (4 might be possible, but I've not seen it get that low). They also can't ambush, so it'll typically be between 6-9 rounds before they become available to capture again, assuming you capture ASAP, and we aren't factoring in detonate. On the other hand, Forsaken can potentially capture more during a battle than a demon could, considering they have no capture limit. That might only be useful for getting drain % though, as capturing 3 times per combat should be all you need.

Forsaken can also be assigned to "punisher" positions, which allows them to perform a punisher action on a valid chosen, and apply a unique effect for doing so. These effects vary between different forsaken, based on their vulnerabilities as a chosen. You can find a full list in the "forsaken refrence.txt" doc. But, in general, they can be grouped into four categories of bonuses; Trainer, Empowerment, Breaker, and misc. Trainer effects confer various bonuses or buffs to the affected chosen when they fall (damage upgrades, stamina/willpower modifiers, EE cost reduction). Empowerment effects buff the forsaken performing the punisher (damage and stamina/willpower modifiers). Breaker effects harm chosen resolve during the final battle (initial resolve reduction, resolve damage increase). Misc. effects don't fall into any of the other categories, so things like bonus EE or easier punishers.

So High EE cost "Training" forsaken can be used to produce powerful forsaken. Empowerment forsaken can make themselves even stronger by punishing chosen. Breaker forsaken can shatter the chosen's will to fight - making the final battle easier. Keep in mind that all effects are permanent (as far as I can tell). The majority of effects are scaled based on disgrace, so higher cost forsaken will have a greater % effect than lower cost forsaken. Only one forsaken can be assigned to a punishes at a time, and demoting a forsaken will reduce their willpower by 50%. I'll also say that the wording on some of the effects could be clearer. So just ask on the form is something seems a bit confusing.

Last edited:

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Dem, just realized why I keep failing. I keep on clicking the wrong options since the game thinks I double click for some reason

Wish every button has a shortcut key and Do Nothing/Barrier and Retreat are at the Far Right.

1 misclick and I have to re-do a day lel.

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
Dem, just realized why I keep failing. I keep on clicking the wrong options since the game thinks I double click for some reason

Wish every button has a shortcut key and Do Nothing/Barrier and Retreat are at the Far Right.

1 misclick and I have to re-do a day lel.
I think the Dev mentionned they intended to add an "Undo" button at some point?

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes