Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
not available on mega anymore.
That is an old post back when I needed a new link for every time I uploaded the pack, now I have it so the link is the same all the time, here's the post with the most recent update :

Okie! Time for the newest release of my portrait pack!! Technically this came out two days ago but writing this post sometimes feels like the hardest part of the process. . . wait nevermind this couldn't come close to the hardest part because I remember the hell I went through last release :BootyTime:

Also I believe the stickied post on the first page chekhov made for all the portrait packs has this new link as well!
You're just in luck since I recently uploaded the split-download version of the full pack as well

Last edited:

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
For future reference, how often does this game get updated(v39 to v40) on average and are saves transferable from version to version? v20 save to v40 as an extreme example?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
ah so practice makes perfect once more ey?Anyways i also wanted to ask.I dont supposes theres a disc server dedicated to this game or similar?
I wouldn't say it's Practice make it perfect. More like learn the rules - then practice. Like chess - if you have no idea what the game is about and how pieces move - you wont be able to play no matter how you move your pieces.
General advice to every newbie - Get 4 turn 2 capture commander ASAP (without any damage type upgrades). And learn to use it (usually doable by turn 11-12). after that you can experiment with whatever you want. (i mean there are good patterns and paths but not going to mention them as you seem to be exited to explore things so i give just a bare minimum necessary to start )

Anyone9999

Jul 11, 2021
I just found out about this game and HOLY my brain is expanding.One question i want to ask(for now at least) is this.Is it a skill issue if i have a very hard time playing the game without cheats or does the game just have that big of a skill celling(Since my monkey brain still is having a lot of difficulty managing CIRM dmg and trauma dmg and upgrades and bla bla bla)

You already got some tips thrown at ya, and if you haven't checked the guide someone made (Or are not using the ingame guide goals), some general pointers:

0. Save Often

1. Your first priority is to get all three chosen to spawn and to get 1 EE from each one of them. Depending on your start item, your strats will vary a bit (Unicorn lard start, for example, can end this phase insanely quickly, by like day 6-7 on loop 1 and gets more EE overall during this period, and then can, if enough trauma has been inflicted, gain additional EE where other starting items can't. IMO the safest starting item, but scales rather poorly during and with later loops. Just make sure you get EE from all currently available chosen before you skip a day.)
Apparently their spawn battle depends on how many combat turns you have taken, but I never bothered to optimize it with extra surrounds. Just grab the battle extension upgrades first, skip Focus and grab the ability that increases Trauma damage. The most important part is to get enough trauma on the chosen who newly arrive to immediately gain EE from them. (Roughly 200.)

2. Get all the upgrades to build a 5EE Commander and grab the 2EE Extermination and Evacuation requirement items. If you have tommorrows newspaper, you get to skip the final two upgrades for now. The commander will capture for 4 turns and capture twice, and will be your bread and butter for the next 7 to 10 days. You should be here by roughly day 12.

3. Save often, especially from here on out.

4. Use your Commander to get a Tier 2 Core break at least and as many non minor tier 1 breaks as you can get. If you have any of Barrier Jammer, Orgasm in a can, Schwerer Gusion or Desintegration Vapor, it may be wise to target the chosen with the associated core Vulnerability. Note that I assume you don't want them to be friends because it makes the final battle more complicated, and try to make them unfriendly as soon as possible. (Technically it is better to draw their final friendship break out as far as possible by breaking Minor -> Core -> Core -> Minor, but that's more complicated). When breaking a core vulnerability before the minor vulnerability of other chosen, you get a small amount of EE. If at all possible, you want to break all Core tier 1 breaks before day 15 to gain additional EE.

For the battle itself, start the battle with the chosen captured and get all their circumstances to lvl 1. Retry until you get all their circumstances to 1 at the end of the first 4 turns. (Your battle plan is going to look different if you use the above mentioned items, usually grabbing Tier 1 break + Tier 1 break + tier 2 Break. Disintegration vapor is special in the way that you use it to grab the breaks and THEN try to get another Chosens breaks.)
Your goal is to get 1 Circumstance to 10K and use the associated yellow marked skill by getting a third surround on the first chosen for roughly 10+ turns. So, The usual way I do it is to start the battle by grabbing chosen, getting all Circ level to 1, grabbing a non-Dignity core chosen when she arrives, focusing pleas and Dig (Pleas, simplified, increases your surround duration, Dig increases damage to all other chosen.), grab the first chosen before the evacuation requirement is reached (To ensure third surround), doing all four actions, grab second chosen again, trying to reach 1000 Dignity (For an additional 4 times multiplier on the first chosen), Grab first chosen, get to 10K and as many significant breaks along the way as possible.

5. Your next goal is to get the 5 EE Battle extensions (Extermination and Evacuation requirements) and networked consciousness while breaking additional vulnerabilities. Don't worry if certain Tier 2 breaks seem ridiculous right now, networked consciousness makes it A LOT easier by giving you essentially an additional surround turn and action for free. Your 5EE Commander is going to work fine for most of this. Also note that each tier 2 break makes extra breaks even easier.

6. When you have broken the majority of vulnerabilities, buy some upgrades to make your commander better. You want at least a commander with 3 captures and 6 turns of surround for the next step.

7. The next big milestone is to surround all three chosen, while they have 10K in the same circumstance, and start the same yellow action. This will cause an orgy and deal millions of trauma damage, required for the next step. You want an orgy of at least 4 turns, 5 being a good number and 6 to be safe. After the battle, you will be notified in the EE Screen that they may do something desperate. You want these things to happen for their tier 3 break. Your goal is to get all core tier 3 breaks before day 25 to get additional EE.

8. Increase Punisher Effectiveness to 1000% and use the appropriate punisher commander. You want to get all core breaks by day 45 at the latest. Usually you will be done LONG before that with all breaks. Just as a tip, grab your first core break as soon as you can to get access to the final EE gain upgrade. That goes a long way to facilitate the rest of your loop.

9. Win the final battle. Try to get an absolute victory and make all three chosen surrender.

Really, Once you get the hang of 5EE Commander and three Capture EE Commander for their duties, most of your Loop 1s are going to fall into place by themselves. You have more tools and threats on higher loops that make further tips pointless, and these should give you a general overview of what to do. Also, it never hurts to experiment a bit. (Except when it comes to networked consciousness. That is the single most important upgrade in the game, and once your 5EE commander is online, that is your most important goal.)

Also note that I have no fucking clue on how to use the item that increases your trauma damage but reduces your EE by 1 and the item that gives you 1 EE for deploying a commander. I think you use the former to help with surround during orgy attempts and the latter just gives you a nice 1 EE discount, but not sure.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
You already got some tips thrown at ya, and if you haven't checked the guide someone made (Or are not using the ingame guide goals), some general pointers:

0. Save Often

1. Your first priority is to get all three chosen to spawn and to get 1 EE from each one of them. Depending on your start item, your strats will vary a bit (Unicorn lard start, for example, can end this phase insanely quickly, by like day 6-7 on loop 1 and gets more EE overall during this period, and then can, if enough trauma has been inflicted, gain additional EE where other starting items can't. IMO the safest starting item, but scales rather poorly during and with later loops. Just make sure you get EE from all currently available chosen before you skip a day.)
Apparently their spawn battle depends on how many combat turns you have taken, but I never bothered to optimize it with extra surrounds. Just grab the battle extension upgrades first, skip Focus and grab the ability that increases Trauma damage. The most important part is to get enough trauma on the chosen who newly arrive to immediately gain EE from them. (Roughly 200.)

2. Get all the upgrades to build a 5EE Commander and grab the 2EE Extermination and Evacuation requirement items. If you have tommorrows newspaper, you get to skip the final two upgrades for now. The commander will capture for 4 turns and capture twice, and will be your bread and butter for the next 7 to 10 days. You should be here by roughly day 12.

3. Save often, especially from here on out.

4. Use your Commander to get a Tier 2 Core break at least and as many non minor tier 1 breaks as you can get. If you have any of Barrier Jammer, Orgasm in a can, Schwerer Gusion or Desintegration Vapor, it may be wise to target the chosen with the associated core Vulnerability. Note that I assume you don't want them to be friends because it makes the final battle more complicated, and try to make them unfriendly as soon as possible. (Technically it is better to draw their final friendship break out as far as possible by breaking Minor -> Core -> Core -> Minor, but that's more complicated). When breaking a core vulnerability before the minor vulnerability of other chosen, you get a small amount of EE. If at all possible, you want to break all Core tier 1 breaks before day 15 to gain additional EE.

For the battle itself, start the battle with the chosen captured and get all their circumstances to lvl 1. Retry until you get all their circumstances to 1 at the end of the first 4 turns. (Your battle plan is going to look different if you use the above mentioned items, usually grabbing Tier 1 break + Tier 1 break + tier 2 Break. Disintegration vapor is special in the way that you use it to grab the breaks and THEN try to get another Chosens breaks.)
Your goal is to get 1 Circumstance to 10K and use the associated yellow marked skill by getting a third surround on the first chosen for roughly 10+ turns. So, The usual way I do it is to start the battle by grabbing chosen, getting all Circ level to 1, grabbing a non-Dignity core chosen when she arrives, focusing pleas and Dig (Pleas, simplified, increases your surround duration, Dig increases damage to all other chosen.), grab the first chosen before the evacuation requirement is reached (To ensure third surround), doing all four actions, grab second chosen again, trying to reach 1000 Dignity (For an additional 4 times multiplier on the first chosen), Grab first chosen, get to 10K and as many significant breaks along the way as possible.

5. Your next goal is to get the 5 EE Battle extensions (Extermination and Evacuation requirements) and networked consciousness while breaking additional vulnerabilities. Don't worry if certain Tier 2 breaks seem ridiculous right now, networked consciousness makes it A LOT easier by giving you essentially an additional surround turn and action for free. Your 5EE Commander is going to work fine for most of this. Also note that each tier 2 break makes extra breaks even easier.

6. When you have broken the majority of vulnerabilities, buy some upgrades to make your commander better. You want at least a commander with 3 captures and 6 turns of surround for the next step.

7. The next big milestone is to surround all three chosen, while they have 10K in the same circumstance, and start the same yellow action. This will cause an orgy and deal millions of trauma damage, required for the next step. You want an orgy of at least 4 turns, 5 being a good number and 6 to be safe. After the battle, you will be notified in the EE Screen that they may do something desperate. You want these things to happen for their tier 3 break. Your goal is to get all core tier 3 breaks before day 25 to get additional EE.

8. Increase Punisher Effectiveness to 1000% and use the appropriate punisher commander. You want to get all core breaks by day 45 at the latest. Usually you will be done LONG before that with all breaks. Just as a tip, grab your first core break as soon as you can to get access to the final EE gain upgrade. That goes a long way to facilitate the rest of your loop.

9. Win the final battle. Try to get an absolute victory and make all three chosen surrender.

Really, Once you get the hang of 5EE Commander and three Capture EE Commander for their duties, most of your Loop 1s are going to fall into place by themselves. You have more tools and threats on higher loops that make further tips pointless, and these should give you a general overview of what to do. Also, it never hurts to experiment a bit. (Except when it comes to networked consciousness. That is the single most important upgrade in the game, and once your 5EE commander is online, that is your most important goal.)

Also note that I have no fucking clue on how to use the item that increases your trauma damage but reduces your EE by 1 and the item that gives you 1 EE for deploying a commander. I think you use the former to help with surround during orgy attempts and the latter just gives you a nice 1 EE discount, but not sure.
I appreciate you helping me bro but heres the thing.I fr dont know half of what you said(especially the items portion.(Like those exist?And how can i check my starting one?) So i will read the guide and other nice txt file info and will try to understand what how and where and will come back once i have more questions.Still appreciate your input though

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I wouldn't say it's Practice make it perfect. More like learn the rules - then practice. Like chess - if you have no idea what the game is about and how pieces move - you wont be able to play no matter how you move your pieces.
General advice to every newbie - Get 4 turn 2 capture commander ASAP (without any damage type upgrades). And learn to use it (usually doable by turn 11-12). after that you can experiment with whatever you want. (i mean there are good patterns and paths but not going to mention them as you seem to be exited to explore things so i give just a bare minimum necessary to start )
Huh so it seems that my theory(from my very few hours played) that commanders are a cheat code was true.Very nice very nice.Anyways appreciate the help and yea ill try and first learn the rules of the game xdd and ask some questions when im back

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Inevitability, from how I've used it, is useful for upping accumulated trauma and angst by 10x the amount as well as boosting surround duration by a level (since the reqs increase by a factor of 10 per level).

Last edited:

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Kept trying, kept changing different things, even after getting them to lvl 4 INJU and capturing an ally, they refuse to use Frenzy. Doesn't matter if I capture an ally who will detonate or not, doesn't matter which of the two I try to get to Frenzy, doesn't matter if they are flying or not, nothing works.

Here's my save file if someone wants to give ambushing Spike a try and prove me wrong, but it seems like I've given many many chances where the ability should be used, and they just spam regenerate or rally instead. It doesn't seem like the ability use is working correctly. Or at the very least, nothing in the documentation mentions it being this hard, and I can't understand why.

Last edited:

Anyone9999

Jul 11, 2021
I appreciate you helping me bro but heres the thing.I fr dont know half of what you said(especially the items portion.(Like those exist?And how can i check my starting one?) So i will read the guide and other nice txt file info and will try to understand what how and where and will come back once i have more questions.Still appreciate your input though
After the battle on day 1, you get an item. It will be displayed in green text above your upgrade options. You can check what it does in Info -> Items. On day 1 of loop 1, you can change it there to any of the 8 starting items.

Some things mentioned in what I wrote that may or may not have been immediately clear:

5EE Commander = The Mentioned 2 Capture 4 Surround Commander.

Chosen Vulnerabilities are classified in Minor, Significant and Core for the 4 circumstance types, Hate/Pleas/Inj/Dig
All Vulnerabilities will be spread over all chosen so that there is exactly 1 Core weakness for each of those 4 types, with all chosen having at least 1 core weakness, and 1 having 2.
The same goes for all other types of Vulnerabilities.

Each of these vulnerabilities can be broken 4 times, as seen in the profile of the chosen.
1. You need to deal enough circumstance damage that the chosen would reach 10K in that circumstance. Using an Action (Which gets highlighted in green) will then cause the Tier 1 break. Note that you can use surround actions that do not actually affect the vulnerability you want to break. (Check profile, they will be listed.)
2. You need to reach 10K circumstance damage and use the new yellow marked attack option while the chosen is surrounded. Using that action causes a Tier 2 Break.
3. Tier 3 Breaks happen by themselves, and explain themselves when they become available in the chosen profile. For them to happen, you need to reach high enough accumulated trauma damage. That's what the Orgy is for, as it otherwise is nigh impossible to get the required Trauma values in a timely fashion.
4. Tier 4 Breaks are also rather self explanatory. Check the chosen profile after tier 3 break.

Each break makes inflicting trauma and circumstance damage for that type on that chosen easier.

The relationship between chosen is determined by the order of breaking Core and Minor Vulnerabilities of a type (For example, the relationship between your core morality and your minor morality vulnerability chosen is determined by those). (Significant don't matter). I Personally recommend breaking core vulnerabilities always first, it is the simpler and usually safer option later.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Beyond step 7 the game becomes self explanatory, IMO. My big hangup starting the game was getting past that point. And well, understanding the need of the 5EE Commander.

And again, grab Networked consciousness (the upgrade) as soon as you can. It is really, really good. I usually start the mad dash for it after my first 5EE Commander deployment.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
After the battle on day 1, you get an item. It will be displayed in green text above your upgrade options. You can check what it does in Info -> Items. On day 1 of loop 1, you can change it there to any of the 8 starting items.

Some things mentioned in what I wrote that may or may not have been immediately clear:

5EE Commander = The Mentioned 2 Capture 4 Surround Commander.

Chosen Vulnerabilities are classified in Minor, Significant and Core for the 4 circumstance types, Hate/Pleas/Inj/Dig
All Vulnerabilities will be spread over all chosen so that there is exactly 1 Core weakness for each of those 4 types, with all chosen having at least 1 core weakness, and 1 having 2.
The same goes for all other types of Vulnerabilities.

Each of these vulnerabilities can be broken 4 times, as seen in the profile of the chosen.
1. You need to deal enough circumstance damage that the chosen would reach 10K in that circumstance. Using an Action (Which gets highlighted in green) will then cause the Tier 1 break. Note that you can use surround actions that do not actually affect the vulnerability you want to break. (Check profile, they will be listed.)
2. You need to reach 10K circumstance damage and use the new yellow marked attack option while the chosen is surrounded. Using that action causes a Tier 2 Break.
3. Tier 3 Breaks happen by themselves, and explain themselves when they become available in the chosen profile. For them to happen, you need to reach high enough accumulated trauma damage. That's what the Orgy is for, as it otherwise is nigh impossible to get the required Trauma values in a timely fashion.
4. Tier 4 Breaks are also rather self explanatory. Check the chosen profile after tier 3 break.

Each break makes inflicting trauma and circumstance damage for that type on that chosen easier.

The relationship between chosen is determined by the order of breaking Core and Minor Vulnerabilities of a type (For example, the relationship between your core morality and your minor morality vulnerability chosen is determined by those). (Significant don't matter). I Personally recommend breaking core vulnerabilities always first, it is the simpler and usually safer option later.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Beyond step 7 the game becomes self explanatory, IMO. My big hangup starting the game was getting past that point. And well, understanding the need of the 5EE Commander.

And again, grab Networked consciousness (the upgrade) as soon as you can. It is really, really good. I usually start the mad dash for it after my first 5EE Commander deployment.
Thank you for the clarification but i am playing in classic mode so i dont see an item?So maybe this whole item shenanigans happen in a diff mode?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
ahh that makes sense.So i should start playing in campaign orrr keep playing in classic
Campaign is main mode of the game i would say and have more features. (i.e after winning the loop you progress into another city with increased difficulty, you can use Chosen that you have corrupted in your run(forsaken) as commanders, you get items etc) but play whatever you are comfortable with

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Campaign is main mode of the game i would say and have more features. (i.e after winning the loop you progress into another city with increased difficulty, you can use Chosen that you have corrupted in your run(forsaken) as commanders, you get items etc) but play whatever you are comfortable with
ohh so thats where the whole "loop" analogy comes from makes sense.Well ill play around with casual for now and when i understand the game better ill jump on campaign

Anyone9999

Jul 11, 2021
ahh that makes sense.So i should start playing in campaign orrr keep playing in classic
Just for full reference, Single play has items, but only on non classic and challenge starts, and these are usually not one of the 8 starting items.

Campaign is the same as single play mode, except after a victory you get to continue to another city, with your defeated chosen and difficulty enhancers (Loop two could be something like final battle on day 41 with a 2% compounding damage resistance, for example. You always get to choose between two options.). Speaking as someone who got used to the game through campaign mode and barely touched single play, I would say staying in single play classic is fine to get the hang of the game, however I would not recommend the advanced scenarios as the opponents in those are designed with Forsaken in mind, and the scenarios themselves would be either close to loop 10 or above. Can't say for certain because I haven't seen any loop stacked to the degree of the advanced scenarios in campaign yet, but my highest loop is also only 6. Just as a warning.

Also, Campaign offers a much gentler way of getting introduced to these advanced opponents as they will throw you for a loop the first time, guaranteed.

Btw, you can build custom scenarios in customize, if you so desire, so you could technically build a custom scenario in which you start with one of the 8 starting items (Those 8 Items being the first 8 in the customize menu when adding specific items.) or specific chosen.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Just for full reference, Single play has items, but only on non classic and challenge starts, and these are usually not one of the 8 starting items.

Campaign is the same as single play mode, except after a victory you get to continue to another city, with your defeated chosen and difficulty enhancers (Loop two could be something like final battle on day 41 with a 2% compounding damage resistance, for example. You always get to choose between two options.). Speaking as someone who got used to the game through campaign mode and barely touched single play, I would say staying in single play classic is fine to get the hang of the game, however I would not recommend the advanced scenarios as the opponents in those are designed with Forsaken in mind, and the scenarios themselves would be either close to loop 10 or above. Can't say for certain because I haven't seen any loop stacked to the degree of the advanced scenarios in campaign yet, but my highest loop is also only 6. Just as a warning.

Also, Campaign offers a much gentler way of getting introduced to these advanced opponents as they will throw you for a loop the first time, guaranteed.

Btw, you can build custom scenarios in customize, if you so desire, so you could technically build a custom scenario in which you start with one of the 8 starting items (Those 8 Items being the first 8 in the customize menu when adding specific items.) or specific chosen.
hmmm well ill try campaign and see how it is and will comeback with any questions.Appreciate it as always

Anyone9999

Jul 11, 2021
Hey CSDev (or rather CSDevs?), noticed something odd today with the save I send you a while back.

The Chosen who is a twin to all her family members, while they are older and younger siblings to each other, also has offspring. While my settings disable chosen motherhood. Something broke, I guess? Or is it related to the previous relationship glitch?

Save is attached just for easy reference, latest save. Chosen in question is Nightmare.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Btw from what ive read and from what i understand.
HATE 2x ALL my dmg per hate lvl
PLEA 4x my trauma dmg
INJU 3x my CIRM dmg
EXPO 2x the CIRM dmg of other chosen

So do i understand correctly

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes