Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Guys, I need help - I played a similar game with the same interface and mechanics, but I can't remember what it's called, there is some kind of war with the kingdoms, it's the same text, with character creation at the beginning, it's turn-based...
5 boardgame dollars say its EraTohoK. Or atleast based off the era engine. EraTohoK has an f95 thread dedicated to it so that's probs the easiest way to access it. There is a dedicated wiki which you... actually I have the site in a tab; Plop*
Since your looking at turnbased kingdoms, you'll probably be most interested in EratohoK, EraAL-K, and EraFGOK; all based on different IPs but the Touhou one probably has the most translation work done on it out of the 3 variants. Might be wrong since I only played tohoK but this should be good enough for an answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulRock

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
A list of the 3 Edit images made by the user Celerarity. Posting this mostly to make it a bit easier to track these as the thread gets more posts. And in case anyone who wants said images missed the innitial postings.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Has anyone looked into if it's better to boost extermination or evacuation first?
In my personal experience it depends a lot on the chosen that shows up first, it’s more important in the first section of the game where all the chosen haven’t showed up yet and you want to extend rounds to make them show up quicker. You want to upgrade extermination/evacuation based on what they’re less proficient at doing.

core morality seem to better at purifying thralls (evacuation) than while minor morality are worse based on their less pure hearts.

For extermination I found that core confidence chosen are stronger at exterminating Demons

You want to pay attention to the numbers when they evacuate or first begin exterminating and the description. And from there pick the upgrade based on what I stated above

after the first section of the game it matters less and you should just pick what’s available in your upgrade path

PaulRock

May 11, 2018
5 boardgame dollars say its EraTohoK. Or atleast based off the era engine. EraTohoK has an f95 thread dedicated to it so that's probs the easiest way to access it. There is a dedicated wiki which you... actually I have the site in a tab; Plop*
Since your looking at turnbased kingdoms, you'll probably be most interested in EratohoK, EraAL-K, and EraFGOK; all based on different IPs but the Touhou one probably has the most translation work done on it out of the 3 variants. Might be wrong since I only played tohoK but this should be good enough for an answer.
Oh man, exactly, you are absolutely right! Thank you so much!

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
That is a super cool link that I wish I had the time to explore and get set up. Maybe some time in the future after work calms down. Pretty cool that they even have Anything V3 in there too.

Roseys

Jul 24, 2017
Well, definitely was fun playing this for a bit before it felt a bit reptitive to me. I'll look on this again in a few months and cross my fingers for some more pregnancy content. Because the idea of chosen getting pregnant by thralls and/or the demon lord sounds awesome.

That's mostly my kink talking though, keep up the good work.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Celerarity, could I get some insight on the detail you put into your prompts?
Sure, I start with an image of the existing magical girl fed in to the img2img option in openart.ai, and I accompany it with some basic terms with a lot of freedom, with the goal of generating a new evil 'base' for the girl. The prompt at that point looks like:

Code:
dark magical girl, black latex bondage suit, red background, purple hair, evil, hair buns, collar, neutral expression, nsfw
I keep the original image's strength low (around 0.9) and the CFG scale can be pretty flexible here. I make sure to describe both new features I want added in (the outfit) and old features to keep (the hair color and style).

Once I have something that looks good as a base for all other images, I upscale it to 4x+anime and feed it into img2img, then it's time to start doing variants. This is going to involve cranking up the CFG scale up around 10+ and trying to micro-manage what the scene will look like. For shoulder-up portraits this is reinforcing info about eye color and accessories for consistency, while also adding details about the expressions you want. They also involve raising the strength up to 0.8-0.7 and the prompts look like

Code:
dark magical girl, black latex bondage suit, red background, purple hair, pink eyes, hair buns, collar, smug, smug grin, nsfw

dark magical girl, black latex bondage suit, red background, purple hair, pink eyes, hair buns, collar, yelling, fighting, struggling, angry, nsfw
For the civilian portraits if you want to do stuff like allowing position changes, you need to keep the img2img strength down around 0.9 and occasionally involve negative weighting and successive image hops. If hair color starts shifting off towards black you might need to add 'black hair' at the top of the negative weights, and you might need to take a bad image with a pose that looks good, then use it as a seed to generate a follow-up at slightly higher image strength. Those prompts look like

Code:
dark magical girl, smug, smug grin, black nun's robes, red background, purple hair, pink eyes, bare shoulders, hair buns, twin tail hair, black leather collar with gold buckle, hands on hips, nsfw

dark magical girl, blushing, aroused, holding breasts, black nun's robes, red background, purple hair, pink eyes, bare shoulders, bare breasts, hair buns, twin tail hair, black leather collar with gold buckle, drooling, panting, tongue out, hearts, nsfw, sexy, nipples

dark magical girl, happy, excited, thumbs up, black nun's robes, red background, bare shoulders, purple hair, pink eyes, hair buns, twin tail hair, black leather collar with gold buckle, nsfw
So in summary you let the AI drift around to decide what the evil version of the girl looks like, then describe the details it added back to it so it doesn't forget them while also telling it how to change her pose and expressions. Note that things like eyes and mouths don't always follow each other, so it's worth writing 'angry, glaring, gritted teeth' rather than just expecting it to know how to do 'angry' well.

Reactions: kalookalee

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Unrelated, but I can not figure out how to get animal forsaken to use Frenzy reliably. They just keep using Surrender To Instincts and spamming Regenerate, even if an ally is currently being attacked by a forsaken. Starting to wonder if it's bugged.

I have a fight with two animal forsaken I need to increase drain on, and repeating the fight over and over trying different things I can not once get one of them to use the move.

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I just found out about this game and HOLY my brain is expanding.One question i want to ask(for now at least) is this.Is it a skill issue if i have a very hard time playing the game without cheats or does the game just have that big of a skill celling(Since my monkey brain still is having a lot of difficulty managing CIRM dmg and trauma dmg and upgrades and bla bla bla)

kalookalee

Feb 21, 2020
Sure, I start with an image of the existing magical girl fed in to the img2img option in openart.ai, and I accompany it with some basic terms with a lot of freedom, with the goal of generating a new evil 'base' for the girl. The prompt at that point looks like:

Code:
dark magical girl, black latex bondage suit, red background, purple hair, evil, hair buns, collar, neutral expression, nsfw
I keep the original image's strength low (around 0.9) and the CFG scale can be pretty flexible here. I make sure to describe both new features I want added in (the outfit) and old features to keep (the hair color and style).

Once I have something that looks good as a base for all other images, I upscale it to 4x+anime and feed it into img2img, then it's time to start doing variants. This is going to involve cranking up the CFG scale up around 10+ and trying to micro-manage what the scene will look like. For shoulder-up portraits this is reinforcing info about eye color and accessories for consistency, while also adding details about the expressions you want. They also involve raising the strength up to 0.8-0.7 and the prompts look like

Code:
dark magical girl, black latex bondage suit, red background, purple hair, pink eyes, hair buns, collar, smug, smug grin, nsfw

dark magical girl, black latex bondage suit, red background, purple hair, pink eyes, hair buns, collar, yelling, fighting, struggling, angry, nsfw
For the civilian portraits if you want to do stuff like allowing position changes, you need to keep the img2img strength down around 0.9 and occasionally involve negative weighting and successive image hops. If hair color starts shifting off towards black you might need to add 'black hair' at the top of the negative weights, and you might need to take a bad image with a pose that looks good, then use it as a seed to generate a follow-up at slightly higher image strength. Those prompts look like

Code:
dark magical girl, smug, smug grin, black nun's robes, red background, purple hair, pink eyes, bare shoulders, hair buns, twin tail hair, black leather collar with gold buckle, hands on hips, nsfw

dark magical girl, blushing, aroused, holding breasts, black nun's robes, red background, purple hair, pink eyes, bare shoulders, bare breasts, hair buns, twin tail hair, black leather collar with gold buckle, drooling, panting, tongue out, hearts, nsfw, sexy, nipples

dark magical girl, happy, excited, thumbs up, black nun's robes, red background, bare shoulders, purple hair, pink eyes, hair buns, twin tail hair, black leather collar with gold buckle, nsfw
So in summary you let the AI drift around to decide what the evil version of the girl looks like, then describe the details it added back to it so it doesn't forget them while also telling it how to change her pose and expressions. Note that things like eyes and mouths don't always follow each other, so it's worth writing 'angry, glaring, gritted teeth' rather than just expecting it to know how to do 'angry' well.
Ah, thank you! I was familiar with how to do the descriptions but didn't think about img2img, and certainly not messing about with the weights and such still new to image generation. As for your question, I'm afraid I can't help with that yet as I'm still new to the game but I hope you get an answer soon.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
I just found out about this game and HOLY my brain is expanding.One question i want to ask(for now at least) is this.Is it a skill issue if i have a very hard time playing the game without cheats or does the game just have that big of a skill celling(Since my monkey brain still is having a lot of difficulty managing CIRM dmg and trauma dmg and upgrades and bla bla bla)
Everyone struggles at first, keep trying until it 'clicks' and playing low level loops without cheats will suddenly become very easy with the strats you learn.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Unrelated, but I can not figure out how to get animal forsaken to use Frenzy reliably. They just keep using Surrender To Instincts and spamming Regenerate, even if an ally is currently being attacked by a forsaken. Starting to wonder if it's bugged.

I have a fight with two animal forsaken I need to increase drain on, and repeating the fight over and over trying different things I can not once get one of them to use the move.
Frenzy is tricky. I found it easiest to raise with an INJU-focused Forsaken that could Release. I think you have to get INJU to level 2 or 3 before they'll consider using it IIRC. As you've noticed, they'll tend to cycle between two options and I'm still not quite sure of the logic of when they use this move, but they need INJU damage to start it off. As per my previous post:

Animalistic: (I have less experience here)
Wild Hunt: Seems like they use this whenever it's easier than Regenerating some Circ damage down. Deal some Hate damge, then do it again, as many times as you can. Capture and Release are very good for raising this up quickly.
Surrender to Instincts: Seems easy to break with a Forsaken that deals PLEA damage. Capture after they use it, then they'll probably use it again. I think it would work if you Capture/Release repeatedly with a Forsaken that deals this kind of damage, have not tested yet. The low increase on this one means it takes a while to break normally. [EDIT: Confirmed, it does work.]
Frenzy: I have a hard time figuring out when they use this move, honestly. I've had quite a few turns where based on my understanding of how they choose moves, they should be using this move, but then they instead Regenerate. Maybe you can get it easily by doing something like Surrender above with an INJU focused commander that can Release? This one was a real bitch to raise last time I broke it.
Mating Dance: Honestly, not too sure of this one. They won't use it while it's still active. I haven't had to worry about this one, generally--they use it often enough that this breaks in a reasonable amount of time.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Everyone struggles at first, keep trying until it 'clicks' and playing low level loops without cheats will suddenly become very easy with the strats you learn.
ah so practice makes perfect once more ey?Anyways i also wanted to ask.I dont supposes theres a disc server dedicated to this game or similar?

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Frenzy is tricky. I found it easiest to raise with an INJU-focused Forsaken that could Release. I think you have to get INJU to level 2 or 3 before they'll consider using it IIRC. As you've noticed, they'll tend to cycle between two options and I'm still not quite sure of the logic of when they use this move, but they need INJU damage to start it off. As per my previous post:
I've gotten INJU to 3 and left PLEA at 0, they still spam regenerate and surrender.

kalookalee

Feb 21, 2020
ah so practice makes perfect once more ey?Anyways i also wanted to ask.I dont supposes theres a disc server dedicated to this game or similar?
CSDev has said that he doesn't have time to moderate a server but he isn't against someone making one.

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Don't know about others but the margin for error for breaking vulnerabilities is... small when starting out. Reccomend looking at FruitSmoothie's guide up to day 25 to learn the general progression of a normal game and to save before every commander use. Also if you're having trouble understanding how mechanics circ and trauma interact with each other, there is a technical guide in a .txt document in the game directory. Also a tip is to combo surrounds off of multiple chosen.

Example being, using a 2x4: 2 capture 4 turn commander, I fully ambush and fully surround (all 4 moves) chosen A, capture and humiliate, and maybe pummel, chosen B, grab chosen A before exterm finishes and focus on A so I can grab A one more time. Prep C for a one turn surround If B can't be surrounded again before A escapes, grab A one final time and hope I can break a vulnerability during the aprox 10 turn surround I've built up on A. Chosen in the example are lettered in order of appearence btw.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes