Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
hmm when you say upgrades for the commander to apply all kinds of dmg you mean the suppresor upgraders?(Or the other ones which the name escapes me...Defiler?)

Plus even if its general advice i am grateful
There's 2 stages of that Upgrade
1st one is Synthesis on the same level as Networked Consciousness (20EE) and allows you to use both Suppressor and Defiler upgrades at the same time. (you can make commander that deals 2 different kinds of daamge, and this can be usable to a degree but not that much)

2nd one is Completion (100EE) and is a big deal but it's at the end of the line and allows Suppressor + Defiler+ Punisher for 4 kinds of damage. Sorry if mentioning that gave you some hope. iirc you get to that level of EE spending after you break all T3

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
There's 2 stages of that Upgrade
1st one is Synthesis on the same level as Networked Consciousness (20EE) and allows you to use both Suppressor and Defiler upgrades at the same time. (you can make commander that deals 2 different kinds of daamge, and this can be usable to a degree but not that much)

2nd one is Completion (100EE) and is a big deal but it's at the end of the line and allows Suppressor + Defiler+ Punisher for 4 kinds of damage. Sorry if mentioning that gave you some hope. iirc you get to that level of EE spending after you break all T3
yea lmao.Where ill try playing around with the upgrades that give me extra turns before the battle ends and try to minimize my skill issue.But i also want to ask.After i get my 5EE commander online(day 12 roughly) do ijust use him 1 time (with an item or without) to get some tier breaks and then just save up for network and the other classic upgrades or do i use him every day to get as many minor-signi and hopefully t2 breaks as i can?

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
yea lmao.Where ill try playing around with the upgrades that give me extra turns before the battle ends and try to minimize my skill issue.But i also want to ask.After i get my 5EE commander online(day 12 roughly) do ijust use him 1 time (with an item or without) to get some tier breaks and then just save up for network and the other classic upgrades or do i use him every day to get as many minor-signi and hopefully t2 breaks as i can?
First of if you play campaign - best acceleration you can do is getting item that corresponds to your 1st character core and use it right away on turn 1. with proper that will deal enough damage to the first girl that she'll be producing 2EE every turn from the get go.
And when you'll get your 3rd girl around turn 7 - she will instantly trigger enmity/friendship event providing huge boost of EE. Enough to start using 5EE commander by turn 8. 5EE commander is used to break T1 mostly. when you switch to T2 - 5EE can still be used with extreme skill, but you probably want to get longer capture time which will be 7EE and should be enough for t2 breaks.

For your skill-check - there is an interview at day 15, depending on how many broken cores girls have - it turns into absolute disaster and provides EE. For best result you need to have all t2 cores broken by that point. And yes it is possible even without item And with item should be 100% achievable.

And for the core question - You are always should be using your commander. every day. you have only 50 Days to beat the loop. you will need things that cost 100+ EE to win So breaking as fast and as efficient as possible is the main core of the game

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
First of if you play campaign - best acceleration you can do is getting item that corresponds to your 1st character core and use it right away on turn 1. with proper that will deal enough damage to the first girl that she'll be producing 2EE every turn from the get go.
And when you'll get your 3rd girl around turn 7 - she will instantly trigger enmity/friendship event providing huge boost of EE. Enough to start using 5EE commander by turn 8. 5EE commander is used to break T1 mostly. when you switch to T2 - 5EE can still be used with extreme skill, but you probably want to get longer capture time which will be 7EE and should be enough for t2 breaks.

For your skill-check - there is an interview at day 15, depending on how many broken cores girls have - it turns into absolute disaster and provides EE. For best result you need to have all t2 cores broken by that point. And yes it is possible even without item And with item should be 100% achievable.

And for the core question - You are always should be using your commander. every day. you have only 50 Days to beat the loop. you will need things that cost 100+ EE to win So breaking as fast and as efficient as possible is the main core of the game
So i can break all t2 before day 15 using a 5EE to 7EE commander.Thats very interesting.Well ill try doing that and keep improving(hopefully lmao)

Appreciate it

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
yeayea all core t2
Another reminder - initial 3 chosen appear based on amount of turns you had in your fights, so you want to prolong early fights as much as possible to get all 3 chosen ASAP. that can get you an extra turn to break cores.
Additionally possibility of making early breaks depends on resistance of your chosen. -/--- Core Is easier to break than /---- and even then there's difference in how much they actually resist. if you ever attempted to make a custom chosen - you would know that stats that determine Core/Significant/Minor are all number based. So girl with Core 80 is much easier to break than Core 97.
How strong is the core is easy to determine by using normal action correspondig to core and see how much trauma damage it does - closer to 100 - Stringer the core and vice versa

Reactions: Kalloi

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Another reminder - initial 3 chosen appear based on amount of turns you had in your fights, so you want to prolong early fights as much as possible to get all 3 chosen ASAP. that can get you an extra turn to break cores.
Additionally possibility of making early breaks depends on resistance of your chosen. -/--- Core Is easier to break than /---- and even then there's difference in how much they actually resist. if you ever attempted to make a custom chosen - you would know that stats that determine Core/Significant/Minor are all number based. So girl with Core 80 is much easier to break than Core 97.
How strong is the core is easy to determine by using normal action correspondig to core and see how much trauma damage it does - closer to 100 - Stringer the core and vice versa
Ive actually noticed how chosen spawn too huh.But i actually didnt know about the whole numbers things on Core/minor/sig so thats nice.Ill check it out and see how it goes

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Might as well chime in here - Don't ignore defiler+ actions when trying for an orgy. They deal a lot more damage than the base defiler actions, and they deal it to an additional circumstantial damage type.

I'm going to delve a bit into the underlying mechanics here, there's some interesting multipliers to keep in mind that aren't in the guide. We'll call the amount of damage done by your basic actions the "baseline" surround damage. All actions have a basic damage "profile" - they deal max damage to their designated trauma, 1/2 to secondary, 1/4 to tertiary, and 1/8 to the final trauma (80-40-20-10). The same setup is applied to circumstantial damage. (100-50-25).

Basic actions compound damage, but that damage is also reduced by the chosen's tactics. x0.6 with one applicable, x0.4 with both.

Defiler and Defiler+ actions deal 2x baseline damage. They are unaffected by the chosen's tactics. Additionally, Both Defiler and Defiler+ actions receive a 2x damage bonus if the target chosen has a T2 break in the secondary circumstantial damage type, and is currently at Lv3+ in that circumstance type. Defiler+ actions receive an additional x2 bonus damage for fulfilling the same requirements on their tertiary damage type. Finally, Defiler+, being a group surround action, receives a scaling damage modifier based on the target chosen's relationship. (x1.2 -> x2 | the worse the relationship, the higher the multiplier | There's an item that lock this to 2x, regardless of relationship).

Orgies operate on a completely different damage system. First, it deals the same base circumstantial damage of a defiler action to every damage type, including trauma. So it deals more damage to trauma than a standard defiler action. Next, orgies benefit from the same 2x modifier for past T2 breaks, with current circumstantial damage, that defiler actions benefit from. so max x16 damage from that. Additionally, as a group surround action, they receive a further scaling bonus based on their relationships. Same rules as above, applied for both chosen.

A consequence of this is that some distortions are inherently stronger against specific defiler actions. Temptation and Aversion forsaken cannot benefit from the T2 x2 bonus damage of a defiler action. Rampancy can only benefit from the Broadcast bonus, and negotiation can only benefit from Force Orgasm bonus.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
I knew I wasn't crazy and something was bugged. Thanks for the info CSDev, I'll switch to some more expensive forsaken for now.

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
Haha, I found a fun bug. You can create some really invalid chosen by doing direct input personality settings and abusing cancel. It still sets all the personality values before you start cancelling, so you can have a team of chosen with all 0s, all 50s, and all 80s.

edit: You can play then but it's super buggy.

Last edited:

Tir

Apr 16, 2017
Finally got through my first playthrough... And turns out its impossible to do a triple distortion (Temptation, Aversion and Rampancy) together. Ended up getting temptation and rampancy to succeed.

Is it intentional that if the chosen is rampaging, it only happens in a single turn, and they don't sync up their breaks. so I would do a inseminate on the aversion, try to link the rampancy, but the aversion chosen would get the bonus for a single turn and the rampancy chosen doesn't get their duration shortened. (or vice versa).

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Finally got through my first playthrough... And turns out its impossible to do a triple distortion (Temptation, Aversion and Rampancy) together. Ended up getting temptation and rampancy to succeed.

congratulations on your first win!! And a distortion based win at that, that’s really impressive in my opinion :D

As for your problem with trying for that triple distortion combination, it is possible, albeit at the cost of it being very tricky. Distortions with the opposite vulnerability focuses tend to synergize well together, Aversion - Temptation/ Negotiation - Rampancy but are a little bit more difficult when you try to add a different third distortion into the mix. A Temptation/Aversion/Rampancy combination in particular is one of the hardest imo since your defiler + options are far more limited and you have to deal with the rampancy chosen rampaging at the drop of a hat.

Aversion + Rampancy chosen are a bit difficult to win the final battle since their requirements are opposed to each other, Aversion chosen rely on being able to make orgies and rampancy chosen will inevitably break up orgies on their own with their rampaging so you can see why that would be difficult in the final battle. it’s more manageable if the final chosen in the team is undistorted so you can just use her as a link to form orgies through something like sodomize + and a drain commander.

In my personal experiences, if you want to involve a rampancy chosen in an orgy with an aversion chosen, especially for the final battle, you need to avoid raising the HATE of the rampancy chosen as much as you possibly can, this is easier if you trained forsaken in your roster or nowadays certain items but on the first loop it really requires paying attention to the team dynamic and whittling down the aversion requirements for that distorted chosen.

I don’t know your specific team dynamic but from the distortion combination standpoint for the final battle, I would use a parasitism commander with multiple charges, start with the temptation chosen, move on to the rampancy chosen, before capturing the aversion chosen, all the while I raised the INJU on the rampancy chosen as much as I can, avoiding raising HATE since the orgy would eventually make it surpass INJU anyway. EDIT: And use broadcast + on the temptation and rampancy chosen, this is more manageable since the HATE increase is less intense compared to inseminate (at least before 10k hate)

Since this is your first play through I would advise playing and experimenting a bit more before doing triple distortion victories so you can grow more accustomed to distortions and the final battle in general, it would help you strategize even better than you currently are.

As for your last question, I’m a bit confused what you mean by “bonuses” and not synching up breaks, since the only time I associate breaks is with vulnerabilities. So apologies that I can’t help out with this part too much haha. I need to go to work soon but if you explain that part a bit more I’ll try to help once im home though, hope you continue to have fun with the game! :D

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Is it intentional that if the chosen is rampaging, it only happens in a single turn, and they don't sync up their breaks. so I would do a inseminate on the aversion, try to link the rampancy, but the aversion chosen would get the bonus for a single turn and the rampancy chosen doesn't get their duration shortened. (or vice versa).
As Kalloi said, it is possible, but it does require that all three Chosen are capable of the same distortion. With the ability to generate pre-broken Chosen comes ineligibility for whatever distortion their pre-broken vulnerabilities would disqualify if they were broken in game instead. For example, in 39, I had a triple aversion, but every other distortion run had at least one Chosen ineligible for the distortion I chose to go after from the start. If they are eligible, it will be listed under "distortion plan" and what you would want to look for, once you have all three Chosen, is for a distortion that appears there on all three.

Tir

Apr 16, 2017
Thanks, this was the earliest start snapshot i had:

I cleared it by starting with faith and did
1x capture; then threaten+, letting stigma rampage
once captured, run edge down for Temptation
Tricky part was faith was bitter enemies with both stigma and edge, so they would kill each other given the chance.

1682054781221.png
and I ended it in this:
1682054855277.png

"As for your last question, I’m a bit confused what you mean by “bonuses” and not synching up breaks, since the only time I associate breaks is with vulnerabilities. So apologies that I can’t help out with this part too much haha. I need to go to work soon but if you explain that part a bit more I’ll try to help once im home though, hope you continue to have fun with the game! :D "
Ah, i am probably using the wrong terminology, sorry. I think you did answer it though:

when the Aversion is in inseminate mode at X turn (say 5)
If I try to link the Rampancy chosen up with Inseminate+ with 8 Turns,
What happens is that Rampancy will go on a rampage instead with 8 Turns
and Aversion gets the Inseminate+ for a single turn.

Turn 5:
Aversion Inseminate -5
Action: Rampancy Inseminate -8

T5 Results:
Aversion - Inseminate+ (Relationship bonus applied)
Rampancy - Rampage (No bonuses applied)

Turn 6:
Aversion Inseminate -4
Rampancy Rampage -7

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
For real, I think relations should have a hard cap of sorts. Right now my headcanon explanation is that those 10+ siblings some of mine had are non-blood related, but I got nothing for 8 offsprings.

Actually, could Chosen stop aging at one moment (like, when they got power or something), which would give them a time to build a big family?
I haven't implemented a hard cap, but I have significantly toned down the odds of very large families showing up.

The Chosen do, in fact, stop aging once they get their powers. And their innate protection against pregnancy doesn't apply to sex with their one true love. Once it becomes possible for Chosen to be married to each other, I suppose that should mean that you should be able to get them pregnant by turning their spouses into Forsaken... But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Haha, I found a fun bug. You can create some really invalid chosen by doing direct input personality settings and abusing cancel. It still sets all the personality values before you start cancelling, so you can have a team of chosen with all 0s, all 50s, and all 80s.

edit: You can play then but it's super buggy.
Drat, I found this bug as well while working on this update, and I was hoping it wouldn't get noticed before I got the fix out. The good news is that the next version will allow you to legitimately make Chosen like this, and it hopefully shouldn't be buggy.
Thanks, this was the earliest start snapshot i had:

I cleared it by starting with faith and did
1x capture; then threaten+, letting stigma rampage
once captured, run edge down for Temptation
Tricky part was faith was bitter enemies with both stigma and edge, so they would kill each other given the chance.

View attachment 2561785
and I ended it in this:
View attachment 2561789
Oh, this isn't related to the rest of your post, but it looks like you ran into a bug with the Distortion Plan system. It shouldn't be letting you set Faith on the Aversion Distortion Plan when she has an Innocence Break. I'll make sure to fix that in the next version.
Ah, i am probably using the wrong terminology, sorry. I think you did answer it though:

when the Aversion is in inseminate mode at X turn (say 5)
If I try to link the Rampancy chosen up with Inseminate+ with 8 Turns,
What happens is that Rampancy will go on a rampage instead with 8 Turns
and Aversion gets the Inseminate+ for a single turn.

Turn 5:
Aversion Inseminate -5
Action: Rampancy Inseminate -8

T5 Results:
Aversion - Inseminate+ (Relationship bonus applied)
Rampancy - Rampage (No bonuses applied)

Turn 6:
Aversion Inseminate -4
Rampancy Rampage -7
This is an interesting edge case. Strictly speaking, it isn't the Inseminate+ that's making the Rampancy Chosen rampage - it's just that her HATE level was high enough. This triggers at the start of her turn, so she never properly gets hit by Inseminate+, so she doesn't get her surround duration shortened either. Because it's an ambiguous situation, it seems like it should be resolved in the way that's more favorable to the player, but it's really situational whether you'd prefer to have her rampage longer (in order to take more damage from future Rampages) versus having her stop sooner (so that she can be targeted again).

Tir

Apr 16, 2017
I definitely benefited from it, although having to keep using a commander to keep her rampaging was a limitation.
I was expecting either no relationship bonus applied to both or relationship bonus applied and turn drop, but yeah.

Interestingly, that reminded me. Is it intentional that the round ends when you do nothing on the turn when both evac and ext is at 100% and rampancy is still in the sky? (I would still have another capture for example, intending to continue the rampage once she comes down.)

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
So in the final battle: Aversion is instant KO with a long enough orgy reduced baced on how many times the chosen was comatose in the current loop, Negotiation damages resolve with the special action and is boosted by repeated negotiations, Temptation relies on hitting a pleasure target and using the distortion action to KO which is reduced similar to aversion distortion.... The only one that confuses me is Rampancy since it does resolve damage per turn in rampage but I've never managed to get the damage in a singular turn to increase from 4 or whatever value it was. Is this on purpose with the focus being to send the chosen in a long enough rampage to break them? If so what does the rampancy % actually do for the player?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I definitely benefited from it, although having to keep using a commander to keep her rampaging was a limitation.
I was expecting either no relationship bonus applied to both or relationship bonus applied and turn drop, but yeah.

Interestingly, that reminded me. Is it intentional that the round ends when you do nothing on the turn when both evac and ext is at 100% and rampancy is still in the sky? (I would still have another capture for example, intending to continue the rampage once she comes down.)
If both are 100%, only a surround or capture can stop the battle from ending unless it is the final battle of a loop, in which case the other Chosen can kill the captured or surrounded Chosen with differing probabilities based on how close they are in relationship.

ellestar

Dec 24, 2019
Drat, I found this bug as well while working on this update, and I was hoping it wouldn't get noticed before I got the fix out. The good news is that the next version will allow you to legitimately make Chosen like this, and it hopefully shouldn't be buggy.
Oh interesting. FWIW I would have also preferred personality changes not resetting a bunch of stuff like name and family. Was working on homage characters and had to redo those a lot x_x

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes