alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
To go to the next loop so I can actually fight the boss. I usually lose steam after 3 to 5 loops
You get to day 50 and beat the Chosen at the end in some way, then the option to choose the next city should appear either at the end of that day or in a few days after. Also, keep in mind the earlier you go into the final battle, using a certain option to start the final battle early, the longer it takes to get the option as you do need to go through all 50 days in a loop.

Is there any way to cheat on the campaign im a beginner at cheat engine, i can add more days on single play but not the campaign
Look at the options on the main menu, there should be a cheat option, which should let you cheat in campaign.

ShadowBlaze94

Aug 22, 2018
So, I finally made it to the endgame of my first loop and have tried a few times to see if I can end it early while capturing all 3 Chosen. I'm able to capture 2 fairly consistently but either Tyrant or Whisper get away each time. I wanted to upload my save just in case anyone here had any tips for this particular scenario (I tried going for all to be Bitter Enemies but Whisper had pre-broken vulns that caaused me to accidently make her friends with Tyrant)

The relevant save is named "Continuation"

Edger

May 30, 2017
You get to day 50 and beat the Chosen at the end in some way, then the option to choose the next city should appear either at the end of that day or in a few days after. Also, keep in mind the earlier you go into the final battle, using a certain option to start the final battle early, the longer it takes to get the option as you do need to go through all 50 days in a loop.
I know how to play the game but I am asking if I can actually skip playing from loop 3 above just to get to the boss since I've already played the game tons of times and most of the time save games from previous updates don't work on the new ones so I have to start over again and now I have to get to Loop 10 to get into the new content. If there is no other way aside from grinding again then I guess I'll just wait for more updates when there is more content between the bosses aside from what I already have grinded a year ago.

Last edited:

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I know how to play the game but I am asking if I can actually skip playing from loop 3 above just to get to the boss since I've already played the game tons of times and most of the time save games from previous updates don't work on the new ones so I have to start over again and now I have to get to Loop 10 to get into the new content. If there is no other way aside from grinding again then I guess I'll just wait for more updates when there is more content between the bosses aside from what I already have grinded a year ago.
You can play against the bosses in single play mode. I think It's actually easier in single play than in campaign mode because the other two chosen are normal in single play.

Even if you could skip I wouldn't recommend facing Victory without going through the loops. Other than single play you could just cheat in Campaign mode and just keep buying the quickening upgrade to reach the bosses.

Saves files from v41 should be compatible in v42.

Edit: I think the starting story doesn't play in single play mode for bosses.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
So, I finally made it to the endgame of my first loop and have tried a few times to see if I can end it early while capturing all 3 Chosen. I'm able to capture 2 fairly consistently but either Tyrant or Whisper get away each time. I wanted to upload my save just in case anyone here had any tips for this particular scenario (I tried going for all to be Bitter Enemies but Whisper had pre-broken vulns that caaused me to accidently make her friends with Tyrant)

The relevant save is named "Continuation"
I was able to get all three. I had Tyrant be friends with both of them while others were bitter enemies.Here's how I did it:

1.By using the commander on the "Final" save target tyrant then barrier till it runs out.
2.Capture Rebel.
3. Surround tyrant and use a defiler action.
4. Whisper should have 1 opening, surround her and Caress+ Pummel(Doesn't really matter).If she doesn't then just barrier one turn, she should have one opening now.
5. Do not surround Whisper after she comes out, instead barrier till Rebel comes out and start a defiler+ action with her.
6.Capture Whisper and barrier till she is out
7.Surround and start and orgy with her and then just wait.
8.Surround Tyrant when she comes out.
9. Use taunt on Whisper, her resolve should break.
10. Wait till Tyrant gets out and then surround Rebel.
11. Attack Tyrant till her resolve breaks.
12. Threater Rebel when she gets out and you have won.

The main way of breaking resolve of 3 unbreakable friendships is by getting one of them close to 50% resolve but not lower. And then starting an orgy while making sure you can surround the ones resolve you have damaged and one more of them,then using these surround to break them one by one

One a side note,did my strategy help you? If you can replicate similar results in your next loops you can start getting orgies after your every chosen is making 5 energy by saving up for networked consciousness and determination.

I recommend you go for a triple distortion next time if you are feeling confident enough. Temptation and Aversion cause instant resolve break when triggered. To trigger temptation you will need 10x pleasure than normal in final battle(Easy with good commanders). Rampage deals resolve damage based around hate and prevents battle from being over regardless of relationships. For negotiation you will have to skip a few days for truces to get enough appeal damage.

Fer978

Mar 13, 2021
I like the overall project, but I have a few gripes with it, mainly early game is slow (until day 10/15, I feel like) and that a lot of information is obfuscated. It's however oddly deep and complex (and actually fun, once you get what you're doing), with different paths, decisions, etc.

Early game:
Early game with objectives is fine on first loop, when you're discovering the game, but it feels like a waiting game until you get able to deploy a commander with some skills on subsequent games. I might be playing wrong, but this is how it feels.

Proposed solutions:
Sped up early EE generation: increase EE generation early game by adding a new lower tier of extra EE generation at low Angst (for instance for chosen that comes with "pre-broken" vulnerabilities) or flat bonus +1 EE for first time core vuln reaches Lvl 1. Something doable pre day 10, ideally.

Faster tech acquisition: Keeping X tech from previous loop. Would allow you to quickly deploy commanders which is where the fun starts. A way to do it, influence could allow you to purchase various bonuses like tech, early commander with 2 or 3 uses...

Early game, low tech objectives: Removing "psychic reading" on subsequent loops, and add a "mini-game" to replace that. For instance, capture for 3 turn and use a special action to get access to a chosen specific intel, reach 1000 Angst, reach level 1 on 2 circumstances in the same battle, have 2 chosen captured at once... A lot of things are possible and it would give early game goals.

Information clarity:

The game is deep, and, even in mid game battle, every decision matter. However the information to make those decisions is obfuscated, a lot of time.

Issue 1: How much damage a basic action will do (threaten, atack...): Should be shown on hovering the action once information about the chosen have been obtained.

Issue 2: Less annoying compared to previous one, but still useful: How much damage the Circumstances actions should do for the current surround duration (while saying it's an estimate since a lot can have it change)

Issue 3: Explainig clearly how much Extermination/Evac will be generated with a differently colour coded warning when evac are done that Extermination will ramp up now. This information missing is especially annoying late game where you have to plan tightly the surround windows. Bonus would be a round estimate based on current unsurrounded chosen of how long before extermination is complete and an alert on the last turn before extermination finishes.

Issue 4: Basic information in combat window are missing, and you have to check in the guide. Putting them in combat would be nice

Proposed solution:
Code:
Traumas: (extra text shows up only if not contributing to opening - so if not purple text currently. An option would exist to enable/disable it. Off by default, with a reminder it exists in a tutorial text at some point and in tips, to avoid overwhelming new players)

FEAR:     0 [Lv 0] Need another chosen captured

DISG:     0 [Lv 0] Up to [max (floor(Defense/2), 1)]

PAIN:     0 [Lv 0] Need Lv>(previous defence level)

SHAM:     0 [Lv 0] Only grant bonus opening level

Circumstances: (extra text shows up only if Circumstances Lv =0)

HATE:     0 [Lv 0] x2 all damage per level, or x4 for FEAR

PLEA:     0 [Lv 0] x4 all traumas per level, or x8 for DISG

INJU:     0 [Lv 0] x3 all circumstances per level, x2 PAIN

EXPO:     0 [Lv 0] x2 all ally circumstance damage per level, also x2 own SHAM

Balance suggestion: Networked consciousness is such a comfort tech that I wish it came earlier. Or that a "suppressor less" commander got access to it early at least (for 2 or 3 EE, with a tech cost of 5?).

Forsaken training: I have not tried it much, but I don't get what I should aim for. You also "lose" days which... eh. And it's irreversible. As a side note, some kind of "induction" training for new Forsaken could be interesting to at least act as tutorial. Also, suggestion, physical transformation along their training (like Forsaken-y break) could be cool, but a lot of work, I guess.

PS: Looking at the decompiled code, either decompiler messes with me or you're mad and definitely working alone on it. Anyway, it's fun and quite robust, so who am I to complain. Monkey see big numbers go up. Neuron activation.

voidsocks

Aug 29, 2019
Legit amazing. Which AI and prompts did you use? and would you consider doing the rest of the Chosen?
Yep I'm planning on adding some every now and then. Not sure how long it would take to replace all of them, time will tell haha.

For prompts I use something like this as a base:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit: also the real secret is to not use Euler A sampling unless you're going for photo realistic images, produces worse results in my experience. Use something like DPM++ 2m Karras or DPM++ SDE Karass

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018
Should I remove it? New to ai generating
Leaving it in is the gentlemanly thing to do, as it allows people to learn from you or easily modify, as long as they get ahold of the same model.

I am not a gentleman. I strip the metadata.

As for prompting I've done a bunch of tests and found that things like "masterpiece, 8k, professional artwork" don't do anything constructive and leave them out. You also probably want to change (short blonde hair) to just (short hair). You've already said you wanted blonde and using terms that the models are trained on is much more effective, assuming it's also trained on gelbooru.

Might get better results if you ease up on the low quality to 1.2 instead of 1.4

Strong terms positive or negative can have some bad results that are not intentional and in my own testing that happens somewhere between 1.3 and 1.7 depending on the term.

Just my experiences. It's all a blackbox so nobody knows these things for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: voidsocks

AricTriton

Jan 14, 2019
Can someone explain to me how to read the symbols under Vulnerabilities (ie: I have one that reads: Fear ----=|===-- Hate and another that reads DISG ===#|==== PLEA) or next to actions (ie: INJU [~~~~-] or FEAR [---`]. I couldn't find any definitions for what the -, =, #, ~, etc actually signify in the documentation. Thanks!

jamnkick

Jan 29, 2018
Reporting missing test descriptions for this commander. It's the Suppressor: Lust and Punisher: Impregnation combo. 1686372676045.png

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
Can someone explain to me how to read the symbols under Vulnerabilities (ie: I have one that reads: Fear ----=|===-- Hate and another that reads DISG ===#|==== PLEA) or next to actions (ie: INJU [~~~~-] or FEAR [---`]. I couldn't find any definitions for what the -, =, #, ~, etc actually signify in the documentation. Thanks!
The current chosen has a fear weakness of 6 and a hate weakness of 8. What this means in general is that it is hard to raise fear levels but inversely easier to raise hate levels (this is based on an unbroken chosen, which this chosen appears to not be). The symbols are effectively increases of the previous in the series, ie - means an adding value of 1 so, = means 2, ~ for #, etc.
So the current chosen has a fear weakness of 6 levels and hate weakness of 8 levels; disg vulnerability of 9 and plea vuln of 8 and so on.

For the action portion, every level requires a symbol change, ie I raise Reaper's INJ to level 1 which reads visually as
"INJU [-----]". To raise their injury to level 2, I need "INJU [=====]" which is 10x the amount of level 1.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I understand the realities and difficulties of it. When I wrote it I was thinking of some renpy-tier "dev-mode = on" type deal where you change parameters directly, with all the jank and instability that it would cause. For some purposes I would definitely prefer the instability of 50% chance it causes fatal errors or ruined save games over an extra 90 minutes to be able to test a specific use case. I recognize that is inbuilt in that engine and can be done for any renpy game more or less, and you're building stuff from the ground up. Whether it's worth it or not, is up to you. Just voicing a pain point I keep running into.

But even aside from the more dev-oriented need, try asking any new person if they can figure out how to turn on and use the cheat/easy mode for a new run. There is a subset of people that have 0% interest in the challenge. And I find myself having to take quite some time to find where exactly you turn that on whenever I come back to the game. I find myself going through documentation, the thread, search engine to figure it out each time I get back to it (with months in between).

It's easy to miss how other people experience systems that you're intimately familiar with. I might be alone in this, but I think it might be a broader issue that some of the startup menu deal is not that transparent what does what and what options there are to starting a new game.

Anyways I just wanted to voice those 2 issues. Up to you how it rates in importance to other things you're working on for corrupted saviors.
To some degree, the obfuscation of the cheat setting is intentional. It's very useful for me to be able to see people come to the thread after their first time playing the game and immediately give feedback about how it went. But in the past, I've gotten balance feedback from people who clearly always play with cheats on, and it poisons the well in terms of being able to collect legitimate feedback about how the game plays normally. After the game is more complete, this won't be a concern anymore, so I'll be able to make the setting more accessible.

I have similar reasons for not just letting the player go full devmode while cheats are on. In the past, there have been cases of people directly editing their saves and causing a gamebreaking bug further down the line, and when they report that bug to me, I end up wasting development time trying to reproduce whatever happened to them. So, this is another thing that I'll be able to improve once the game is closer to completion.
My bad, thought you were looking to rework those upgrades, so i suggested reworks for the upgrades(Not extra effects). Didn't really think about boss fights and antipathy.I guess you could just make them both into a common upgrade which changes depending on relationship or maybe make it so if you buy both you can choose to "combine" one of the upgrade to increase or add another effect to the one you want. Don't know how good these suggestions are.

Btw I am really confused by this(Version42b,Check pain values both are the same day but played differently).
What's happening in your screenshot is that because Aurora had such low ANGST at the start of the day, she goes into the downtime phase thinking "I should join my partner's downtime action in order to help her resolve her higher ANGST." Basically, she doesn't realize that she's the one who needs better trauma resolution until after the decision is already made. I agree that it probably shouldn't work like that, so I'll take a look at improving the code there.
View attachment 2674975

Third paragraph. "She doesn't think of sex as something important anymoreever".

----

View attachment 2675145

Got a little spaced period there, at the end of the first sentence.

----

On another note, I have a request, CSdev !

I like using an Ambassador who has ties to whatever Chosen I'm Negotiating with if at all possible, and I was wondering if it would be possible to make Ambassadors behave more like Concubines in the sense that you would check them off as 'Ambassador y/n?', and when put into practice it'd be more like 'Approach, Send Ambassador, Choose Ambassador, Choose Location'. Not sure how many people this would even be relevant for, but I have this massive clan of Chosen spanning several generations and branch families (with an ancient undead founder to boot!) plus another ever-expanding family tree thanks to an early Chosen I took a liking to frequently being used as bait, so I often end up-

I don't even know why I'm explaining all this, my point is that it would make my experience a bit easier. Doable or not, thanks in advance.
Thanks for the typo catches. Regarding the Ambassador position, my original intent was to save the player clicks by letting them just select the Forsaken once. But I see how it would actually increase the number of clicks if you want to use different Forsaken for different Chosen. Maybe I'll make it so that each Chosen can be assigned an individual Ambassador, and there'll be an easy option to just assign that Ambassador to everybody if you want.
Weird bug I'm having: the game asks me to do a 10k inju break, yet doing it isn't acknowledged
For some reason, I had the goal check happen when you selection an action, rather than when you select a target, so if you just skip the turn without selecting anybody, the goal completion won't be acknowledged. This will be fixed in the next update.
So apparently, total morality break causes the chosen to die if you don't forsaken them?
Thought it'd be interesting roleplay to let chosen escape and manipulate them into killing their allies every time we cross paths again, but she got iced immediately after the fight. Guess rampancy distortion's a no go for that. Oh well.

Side note, are there any plans for more distortions? like innocence/morality, confidence/dignity or single-morality distortions?
Any Total Break causes the subject to somehow become unsuitable for continuing to fight as one of the Chosen. You can still give them Rampancy, but you just have to not go any further than T3 breaks for Morality and Dignity.

I would like to implement Morality/Innocence Distortions and Confidence/Dignity Distortions, but I'm not 100% settled on how they'll work yet.
What should we do when we get duplicate chosen? I.e I have a forsaken Named "Bob" and in this round there is a chosen "Bob" again
Because you can rename Forsaken, I'd recommend giving the old Bob a more sinister-sounding name, like "Robert."
'Portraits without sidebar' in the options doesn't seem to work, as it will force sidebar anyway whenever I opt in the portraits
It looks like a problem with the code that changes an existing save file's sidebar setting. This should be fixed in the next version.
Found this particular interaction decisively.... odd.
View attachment 2684526
Shouldn't Stiff already know what being dead is like... After all, she's already a zombie.

Side note - How am I supposed to store up enough EE to purchase Image Quickening? She's already draining 120 EE per round at the moment, unless this stops she's going to be draining my entire stockpile every day.
Oops, when I went through the death-related text to try to make it fit better for Undead Chosen, it looks like I missed that one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Regarding getting Imago Quickening on an Undead loop, it becomes pretty much impossible on later days unless you have a relevant item or Forsaken Punisher effect. So, all you can really do is train your current Forsaken while waiting for the natural end of the loop.
What if "psychic reading" was replaced starting from loop 2 with having to deal a certain amount of damage/angst or trapping a chosen for X total turn (like 1 to 3)? Like, early loop is a bit of a pain, since it feels mostly like waiting for EE to get some techs (increased battle length and commanders tech), so it would at least give some goals.
I like the overall project, but I have a few gripes with it, mainly early game is slow (until day 10/15, I feel like) and that a lot of information is obfuscated. It's however oddly deep and complex (and actually fun, once you get what you're doing), with different paths, decisions, etc.

Early game:
Early game with objectives is fine on first loop, when you're discovering the game, but it feels like a waiting game until you get able to deploy a commander with some skills on subsequent games. I might be playing wrong, but this is how it feels.

Proposed solutions:
Sped up early EE generation: increase EE generation early game by adding a new lower tier of extra EE generation at low Angst (for instance for chosen that comes with "pre-broken" vulnerabilities) or flat bonus +1 EE for first time core vuln reaches Lvl 1. Something doable pre day 10, ideally.

Faster tech acquisition: Keeping X tech from previous loop. Would allow you to quickly deploy commanders which is where the fun starts. A way to do it, influence could allow you to purchase various bonuses like tech, early commander with 2 or 3 uses...

Early game, low tech objectives: Removing "psychic reading" on subsequent loops, and add a "mini-game" to replace that. For instance, capture for 3 turn and use a special action to get access to a chosen specific intel, reach 1000 Angst, reach level 1 on 2 circumstances in the same battle, have 2 chosen captured at once... A lot of things are possible and it would give early game goals.

Information clarity:
The game is deep, and, even in mid game battle, every decision matter. However the information to make those decisions is obfuscated, a lot of time.

Issue 1: How much damage a basic action will do (threaten, atack...): Should be shown on hovering the action once information about the chosen have been obtained.

Issue 2: Less annoying compared to previous one, but still useful: How much damage the Circumstances actions should do for the current surround duration (while saying it's an estimate since a lot can have it change)

Issue 3: Explainig clearly how much Extermination/Evac will be generated with a differently colour coded warning when evac are done that Extermination will ramp up now. This information missing is especially annoying late game where you have to plan tightly the surround windows. Bonus would be a round estimate based on current unsurrounded chosen of how long before extermination is complete and an alert on the last turn before extermination finishes.

Issue 4: Basic information in combat window are missing, and you have to check in the guide. Putting them in combat would be nice

Proposed solution:
Code:
Traumas: (extra text shows up only if not contributing to opening - so if not purple text currently. An option would exist to enable/disable it. Off by default, with a reminder it exists in a tutorial text at some point and in tips, to avoid overwhelming new players)

FEAR:     0 [Lv 0] Need another chosen captured

DISG:     0 [Lv 0] Up to [max (floor(Defense/2), 1)]

PAIN:     0 [Lv 0] Need Lv>(previous defence level)

SHAM:     0 [Lv 0] Only grant bonus opening level

Circumstances: (extra text shows up only if Circumstances Lv =0)

HATE:     0 [Lv 0] x2 all damage per level, or x4 for FEAR

PLEA:     0 [Lv 0] x4 all traumas per level, or x8 for DISG

INJU:     0 [Lv 0] x3 all circumstances per level, x2 PAIN

EXPO:     0 [Lv 0] x2 all ally circumstance damage per level, also x2 own SHAM

Balance suggestion: Networked consciousness is such a comfort tech that I wish it came earlier. Or that a "suppressor less" commander got access to it early at least (for 2 or 3 EE, with a tech cost of 5?).

Forsaken training: I have not tried it much, but I don't get what I should aim for. You also "lose" days which... eh. And it's irreversible. As a side note, some kind of "induction" training for new Forsaken could be interesting to at least act as tutorial. Also, suggestion, physical transformation along their training (like Forsaken-y break) could be cool, but a lot of work, I guess.

PS: Looking at the decompiled code, either decompiler messes with me or you're mad and definitely working alone on it. Anyway, it's fun and quite robust, so who am I to complain. Monkey see big numbers go up. Neuron activation.
Thanks for all the feedback. I do have some plans to buff some of the starting items in order to make it a bit less tedious to get through the early days while you're still getting the first upgrades, but I don't want to innately speed up those upgrades because I think it's important to reward players who figure out ways to either get the energy quickly or make good use of those days. It's intended that training your new Forsaken is part of what those days can be used for, on Loops 2 and up. The Reset option during training is meant to make it less punishing to figure out how exactly that works.

Your interface suggestions are interesting. I don't want the game to provide too many estimates for things that can't be known for sure, because players will just get angry and complain when those estimates are wrong. But using the blank space that normally shows multipliers in order to provide beginner information makes a lot of sense. I'll experiment with it and see how it looks.

And I do, in fact, work on the game alone. But it never would've reached this point without all the ideas and bug/typo/weirdness reports from all of you. So, thanks for that.
Reporting missing test descriptions for this commander. It's the Suppressor: Lust and Punisher: Impregnation combo. View attachment 2687158
The reason that the description is missing is that this commander isn't a valid one. You can't deploy a Punisher-Suppressor commander without a Defiler as well, so I didn't write any flavor for it. But I suppose that just having the text start mid-sentence isn't a good way to deal with that. I'll make sure to write something more descriptive for that situation in the next update.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
To some degree, the obfuscation of the cheat setting is intentional. It's very useful for me to be able to see people come to the thread after their first time playing the game and immediately give feedback about how it went. But in the past, I've gotten balance feedback from people who clearly always play with cheats on, and it poisons the well in terms of being able to collect legitimate feedback about how the game plays normally. After the game is more complete, this won't be a concern anymore, so I'll be able to make the setting more accessible.

I have similar reasons for not just letting the player go full devmode while cheats are on. In the past, there have been cases of people directly editing their saves and causing a gamebreaking bug further down the line, and when they report that bug to me, I end up wasting development time trying to reproduce whatever happened to them. So, this is another thing that I'll be able to improve once the game is closer to completion.

What's happening in your screenshot is that because Aurora had such low ANGST at the start of the day, she goes into the downtime phase thinking "I should join my partner's downtime action in order to help her resolve her higher ANGST." Basically, she doesn't realize that she's the one who needs better trauma resolution until after the decision is already made. I agree that it probably shouldn't work like that, so I'll take a look at improving the code there.

Thanks for the typo catches. Regarding the Ambassador position, my original intent was to save the player clicks by letting them just select the Forsaken once. But I see how it would actually increase the number of clicks if you want to use different Forsaken for different Chosen. Maybe I'll make it so that each Chosen can be assigned an individual Ambassador, and there'll be an easy option to just assign that Ambassador to everybody if you want.

For some reason, I had the goal check happen when you selection an action, rather than when you select a target, so if you just skip the turn without selecting anybody, the goal completion won't be acknowledged. This will be fixed in the next update.

Any Total Break causes the subject to somehow become unsuitable for continuing to fight as one of the Chosen. You can still give them Rampancy, but you just have to not go any further than T3 breaks for Morality and Dignity.

I would like to implement Morality/Innocence Distortions and Confidence/Dignity Distortions, but I'm not 100% settled on how they'll work yet.

Because you can rename Forsaken, I'd recommend giving the old Bob a more sinister-sounding name, like "Robert."

It looks like a problem with the code that changes an existing save file's sidebar setting. This should be fixed in the next version.

Oops, when I went through the death-related text to try to make it fit better for Undead Chosen, it looks like I missed that one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Regarding getting Imago Quickening on an Undead loop, it becomes pretty much impossible on later days unless you have a relevant item or Forsaken Punisher effect. So, all you can really do is train your current Forsaken while waiting for the natural end of the loop.

Thanks for all the feedback. I do have some plans to buff some of the starting items in order to make it a bit less tedious to get through the early days while you're still getting the first upgrades, but I don't want to innately speed up those upgrades because I think it's important to reward players who figure out ways to either get the energy quickly or make good use of those days. It's intended that training your new Forsaken is part of what those days can be used for, on Loops 2 and up. The Reset option during training is meant to make it less punishing to figure out how exactly that works.

Your interface suggestions are interesting. I don't want the game to provide too many estimates for things that can't be known for sure, because players will just get angry and complain when those estimates are wrong. But using the blank space that normally shows multipliers in order to provide beginner information makes a lot of sense. I'll experiment with it and see how it looks.

And I do, in fact, work on the game alone. But it never would've reached this point without all the ideas and bug/typo/weirdness reports from all of you. So, thanks for that.

The reason that the description is missing is that this commander isn't a valid one. You can't deploy a Punisher-Suppressor commander without a Defiler as well, so I didn't write any flavor for it. But I suppose that just having the text start mid-sentence isn't a good way to deal with that. I'll make sure to write something more descriptive for that situation in the next update.
I see though I am still a bit confused over how downtime actions are decided.

I was checking out the comment system and there seem to be something wrong with it. It stops writing on day 2 of the loop. I also tried importing the day 1 comments and it got stuck here:
Capture1.JPG

Doesn't look like people use the comment system though.

Other than that i got a crash here after starting a ~28 turn orgy.I couldn't continue or close the game. Capture-2.JPG

Also a minor thing but the color of Edge's text should be green here. Capture.JPG

Fer978

Mar 13, 2021
It's intended that training your new Forsaken is part of what those days can be used for, on Loops 2 and up. The Reset option during training is meant to make it less punishing to figure out how exactly that works.
My current issue is that I don't really get what I should be aiming for. For instance, the tutorial system in place currently gives you good goals in regular gameplay(and then as the player, you expand on that). But for Forsaken, it's system piling up over each other (training, deployment cost, position, expertise...), with split documentation (and almost nothing in game, unless I missed it) which makes it hard to determine a proper goal and plan for it.

Reactions: fun_bot

Edger

May 30, 2017
so is Rampancy just increasing the times they rampage or is there an end goal in their corruption?

Scepticism

May 5, 2020
so is Rampancy just increasing the times they rampage or is there an end goal in their corruption?
Higher rampancy=faster hate/exposure gain, which in turn increases fear/disg/pain/shame gain.
In short: the higher the rampancy, the more easily you can break their resolve in the final battle.

Reactions: Edger
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes