NoMoreNever

Dec 31, 2021
I have a hard time choosing distortions, can anyone suggest distortion plans for my chosens and explain why?

Do I prioritize their jobs and what dmg types can get them stronger? Or do I base their distortions on what would make them all friends so that I could get an obedience bonus for their training?

corruption.png jobs.png

PsyTurtle

Jan 16, 2022
Potentially dumb question, but is it possible to use Forsaken and import a team of Chosen in the same play through? If so, how?

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
I have a hard time choosing distortions, can anyone suggest distortion plans for my chosens and explain why?

Do I prioritize their jobs and what dmg types can get them stronger? Or do I base their distortions on what would make them all friends so that I could get an obedience bonus for their training?

View attachment 2704950 View attachment 2704952
So, in general, forsaken starting stat's are based on their vulnerabilities + tier breaks. So, for instance, a minor dignity is going to have more disgrace than a core dignity chosen, even if they both have the same level of dignity breaks. So, we can kind of guess at what the forsaken will look like.

Additionally, I find it's best to not mix opposing distortions. Trying to do Temptation-Aversion or Rampancy-Negotiation at the same time is a lot more difficult than any other combination of distortions. Aversion-Rampancy is also a bit more difficult, but still reasonable to do if you shoot for triggering the aversion distortion first.

Now, on to the specifics;

Oracle - Not really a good trainer, as they start with a pre-broken dignity. they should start with ~52 disgrace. each additional break is +10 disgrace, so we are probably looking at 62-72 starting disgrace as a forsaken. That's going to be a relatively weak forsaken. Now, for the distortions - we can only do temptation or rampancy. I think temptation benefits a bit more from their low obedience (core confidence) and I've always liked a good low EE cost tempt forsaken to break T1 expo/plea. On the other hand, rampancy might be a good alternative. With a forsaken this weak, they might make good sacrifice fodder.

Iris - Their punisher's don't really stand out - so we don't particularly need to pay attention to what their final stats are. While we can perform any distortion on them currently, their two core stats are going to make any distortion much harder to perform. It looks like their starting disgrace is 11, with +40 that'd put us at 51 - close to the sweet spot of 58 disgrace. (see this post). Honestly, I'd probably not bother with distorting this one. But, if I was going to, I'd probably do temptation, alongside also tempting Oracle. Dealing with two rampancy distortions seems like a bit too much trouble, and this chosen seems like they'd make a decent forsaken if we can break T4 dignity. The other two distortions would result in a low enough disgrace that we'd be spending a lot of time training this one to get a more reasonable cost.

Dragonfly - Victum hate damage, no dignity breaks? Basically a trainer candidate. I'd prefer a HATE/PLEA combo trainer, but we'll take what we can get. For a trainer, I like to go with a negotiation or aversion trainer to prevent any chance of a late-game T3 dignity break. The + own damage is also quite nice, particularly for a low disgrace forsaken. Now, we probably have a choice here - a negotiation forsaken fits better with the +damage bonus we have here. However, we need a high hostility to be able to perform the impregnation punisher - and that doesn't fit with the negotiation ability. So, assuming I don't already have a HATE trainer, I'd probably go with aversion on this one - with a higher priority than the previously discussed chosen

So, in summery - For training:
Dragonfly - Aversion
Oracle - Rampancy
Iris - None/Temptation? - Temptation is more rewarding, but I'm thinking it'd be a bit more difficult to pull off than I'd like.

For damage:
Dragonfly - Negotiation
Iris - Temptation
Oracle - Temptation/None/Rampancy/ - Temptation is the safe route, rampancy is a lot more difficult, but might fit better with using oracle as a cheap commander early on, then sacrificing latter.

Side note on relationships - for tempt and rampancy chosen, you do generally want them to have a friend, as unlocking their defiler bonuses can be a bit hard without the relationship bonus. This bonus is not important at all for negotiation and aversion, as drain does not require consent. I'm not too sure how exactly distortions factor into this, but going for too many distortions at once can cause problems on this front. But at worst, it's a minor training setback that can be mitigated later by converting family members into forsaken.

Last edited:

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I see though I am still a bit confused over how downtime actions are decided.

I was checking out the comment system and there seem to be something wrong with it. It stops writing on day 2 of the loop. I also tried importing the day 1 comments and it got stuck here:
View attachment 2689873

Doesn't look like people use the comment system though.

Other than that i got a crash here after starting a ~28 turn orgy.I couldn't continue or close the game. View attachment 2689879

Also a minor thing but the color of Edge's text should be green here. View attachment 2689888
The comment system was originally coded back in Release 4, and I haven't been paying much attention to it since campaign mode was implemented, because a lot of minor factors (like family member generation) initially weren't seeded, and making the comment system also save Forsaken training would've required a lot of new code. But I suppose if people are interested in using it to share replays, it wouldn't be too hard to make it work properly again.
My current issue is that I don't really get what I should be aiming for. For instance, the tutorial system in place currently gives you good goals in regular gameplay(and then as the player, you expand on that). But for Forsaken, it's system piling up over each other (training, deployment cost, position, expertise...), with split documentation (and almost nothing in game, unless I missed it) which makes it hard to determine a proper goal and plan for it.
Thanks for the feedback. The eventual expansion to the guide goal system probably should focus on Forsaken mechanics.
Got a bit curious after reading Nobody032's post about chosen being weaker than commanders, and figured I'd share what I find out. - By decompiling the java source code.... again. To establish a baseline, I'll re-share the 3 types of commanders damage progression. Basically, commanders deal damage to trauma and circumstance in a step-down fashion, similar to surround actions. All damage is additive.

Suppressor:
Trauma - 100,75,50,25
Circumstance - 200

Defiler:
Trauma - 200,100,50,25
Circumstance - 300,150

Punisher: (Net damage * punisher effectiveness)
Trauma - 1000,300,100,30
Circumstance - 3000

Now, for Forsaken, damage gets a bit more complicated.
First, we need the forsaken's power constant (PC)- this is the chosen's listed reputation strength (200-2*disgrace) * any additional modifiers to base damage
  • Species/Boss modifiers (does not include shattered soul debuff, that gets applied after all other bonuses to actual damage)
  • Knowings Target Intimately +50%
  • Knowings Target Personally Or obsessed with target +25%
  • Defiling - (300-disgrace*2)/100, or (100 + PC) /100
Once we have that value, we can calculate the base trauma and circumstance damage.
Trauma - PC * punisher trauma applied equally to all Trauma's.
Circumstance - PC * 5 * style modifier - damage is applied equally, but only to style specific circumstances. Additionally, several modifiers can further increase this damage, with some effects also applying to Trauma damage.
  • Defiler bonus damage -
    • Normal - *2 additional damage to specific circumstance.
    • Tempt - Change style, and apply temp effect if possible. (side note, if tempting, style becomes a unique 1000% PLEA/EXPO style - but trauma damage is set to 0)
    • Traumatize - Base trauma damage becomes PC * 10 for DISG and PAIN, before other modifiers. Circumstance damage becomes 0.
  • EXP multiplier
  • Distortion bonuses
  • Punisher circumstance bonuses
  • Dissociative Identity (Shattered Soul) - 20% damage reduction after all other modifiers, to Trauma and Circumstance. (assuming it's effect is active)

So, what does all that mean? Well, let's take a basic 58% disgrace forsaken - That'll cost 18 EE to deploy, and has a reputation strength of 84. So we can expect them to deal 84 base trauma. As for circumstance, they can deal a base damage of 4200, 420, 63, or 12~13 to 1,2,3, or 4 circumstance types.

How does that square up against a 5/3 defiler commander? (Same EE cost, average truama of 93.75, average circumstance of 225 to 2). The defiler wins out in terms of trauma damage (average 93.75 damage). It deals a bit higher average damage, though the forsaken will deal more damage to the demons weaker attributes. In terms of circumstantial damage though? The forsaken wins, by a pretty high margin, if they are targeting 1-2 circumstances. The single target chosen can even beat out a defiler type demon, with under 400% efficiency.

Lets go a bit higher - What about a disgrace of 54%, or 28EE cost? That's comparable to the above demon, with an added suppressor. With a reputation strength of 92, that's going to be a base trauma of 92, and 4600, 460, 69, 14~13. Vs the demons average of 156.25 trauma damage, and ~216 avg. circumstance damage? Again, Trauma goes to the demon, but circumstance? Yes, a forsaken targeting 2 vulnerabilities will deal more average damage, but overall a demon targeting 3 will hit for harder than a comparable chose, for 3. That is, of course, assuming we aren't fielding a 5/5 or 6/5 commander to deal with T3 vulnerability breaks.

So, let's do that. A 5/5 defiler/suppressor commander is 58 EE. We don't have a 58 EE chosen, closest is a 41% disgrace for 59EE. At that level (118 rep), they'll be dealing 118 base trauma, and 5900/590/89~88/18~17 circumstance damage, based on style. Well, those numbers didn't improve - Much better when targeting 2 traits, worse when targeting 3-4. I'm noticing a pattern here....

In conclusion, a baseline chosen will deal less trauma damage than a demon of a similar cost, while dealing much more circumstance damage. Provided, of course, they are targeting only 1-2 circumstances. Otherwise, the demon commander scales better for targeting 3-4 circumstances. Which suggests that in order to use a 3 target chosen successfully, they'll need to have multiple damage modifiers stacked on to match a comparable cost demon.
Very nice analysis! The only thing I'd add is that some of those damage multipliers become increasingly easy to get on your Forsaken as you go further into campaign mode. Demon commanders should always have their uses, but making your Forsaken better is the main tool you're given in order to keep up with the difficulty modifiers of later loops.
Yes, the Fosaken will use them. At some point I'll get around to commissioning some vignettes that call for them for Chosen.
I'd like to properly integrate them into the base game as well at some point. Nine expressions was probably a bit too few to cover all the different faces characters should make. It's just that it'll require going through the code for the whole game and manually deciding whether each instance of a lewd or joyful face should be replaced by a smug or used one.
I remember that at some point CSdev said he would change the fact distorting a core vulnerability of a chosen always gave progress toward rivalry unless the chosen with the minor vulnerability already had the same distortion, but I didn't see it in any of the changelogs, is it still planned?
I wouldn't say it's a firm plan, but it's something I'm open to. My current thought is that when two Distortions share an unbreakable Vulnerability, having a Core/Minor matchup on that Vulnerability could result in a positive scene between those two Distortions. But under that system, matchups with no common Vulnerabilities (Temptation/Aversion and Rampancy/Negotiation) would still be always-negative, so that might not be a flexible enough solution.
I beat the classic "Single Play" mode to get back into the game but my first go at the final battle left me with only two of the three Chosen. I went back and tried it again, but this time I lost and only nabbed one of the chosen - coincidentally the one I'd missed the prior time. I had all three chosen in the forsaken menu, but I wanted to try to figure out the final battle. I finally captured all three, but I ended up with duplicates of all the girls in the forsaken menu.

Can I safely prune the duplicates, or will that piss off the characters due to them all having unbreakable bonds with each other?
You should be able to safely delete them. (And if not, then it's a bug.) Deleted single play Forsaken aren't saved in the same way as deleted campaign Forsaken are, so the remaining Forsaken won't "remember" them.
Is this a bug, or expected behavior? Aversion distortion, triggered during an orgy before evacuation was complete. So, by the rules, both chosen should be surroundable after they recover. But... that's not the case.
View attachment 2702888
View attachment 2702889

Included a save for easy testing - C1-Ongoing. Finally got annoyed enough about this to report it.
That is indeed a bug. They're getting put into the special "surroundable only this turn" state which flying Chosen normally get put into when an ally flees the battle, but that puts them into the flying state after it expires. It definitely doesn't make sense to "punish" the player like that for triggering Aversion. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
That's... not really what I was talking about. For normal surrounds, chosen will fly if they were captured after evacuation has finished. For aversion-orgy surrounds however, they fly if extermination is complete after they recover from the surround, with no regard to the normal rules. I'd almost say that they treat the "open for surround" turn as if they were surrounded, but that isn't the case either - in my example, evacuation was still ongoing. So I'm not sure what's going on there. It seems like a bug, but maybe the chosen break the established rules if one of their numbers flee the battle.

Side note - Why do catatonic chosen still contribute to the extermination meter? I wanted to see what happened if you had 3 aversion distortions in the same battle. And it's basically nothing. Maybe there could be a bonus amount of EE generated, if you mind-break all there chosen at the same time? Maybe proportional to the extermination left?
There actually is a special bonus for making all three of them go catatonic, but I suppose the game doesn't really call your attention to it beyond the post-battle text talking about how they basically just stay laying on the street after the battle is done. When all three Chosen pass out like that, their Aversion progress is immediately set to max, meaning that future orgies only have to be 1 turn long in order to trigger it in the future. I thought about having it give you the option to just turn them into Forsaken right then and there, but I was afraid of the bugginess it might cause. Still might be worth going back and adding that, though.
Maybe one could be about abducting one of the chosen's loved one (either a non-powered family member or just a friend) then using them to Blackmail the chosen?
Like, you'd need to use the Retreat action from the Causal Projection upgrade and if the energy you'd get from that is above a certain threshold you can abduct their loved then have the Chosen do something sinful in exchange for relasing the loved one. You'd probably corrupt said loved one a bit each time, explaining why they get easier to capture each time (assuming there is a "it gets easier each time" mechanic like most other distortions have)
I would think this would make more sense as the morality/innocence distortion as this would fit well with the loss of hope theme of the confidence break line, and a broken dignity makes for some easy demands to give to the chosen
It's been nice to see the ideas for the other Distortions posted here, and I think this one is particularly clever. It fits very well with the way the existing Distortions work, and the framework has recently been put in place for civilian loved ones to appear in-game. The only odd point is that it explicitly requires the Causal Projection upgrade to be bought, but practically speaking, you won't generally be achieving Distortion against the Chosen until you're past the 5 EE upgrade tier anyway.

Alternatively, I might just make the Retreat button available even before you can get EE from it. After all, there are already edge cases where you'd prefer to end the battle early.
Thanks

I'm imagining either you'd have to bring the total (current) surround turns high enough then you'd obtain an action to one-shot them (similar to what Temptation does). Or you could gain an action that you can use to deals damage to a chosen that scales of their current surround turn amount/the total surround (possible divided by five like the Retreat action does)

The issue with the first idea is the case where you have two different chosen undergoing the blackmail distortion, if the action beats one chosen then it'd be hard to get the second one (since the first wouldn't count for the total anymore). The alternatives are to make the one-shot action works for all valid chosen, which can pose some balance issues, or to have the beaten chosen somehow still count for this action, which will be weird on the UI side of thing
Thanks

This would be a

There is a bit of it in the vignettes, there's one on the innocence break path where someone shows a recording of them servicing the thralls and threaten to release it to the public
For what it's worth, defeated (and even killed) Chosen are still counted for the purpose of EXPO bonuses, so it wouldn't be unprecedented to have their surround turns saved (and it could even save the turns for other defeated-while-surrounded Chosen, i.e. Temptation and Aversion).
Been thinking about what the next two distortions could be like - and definitelly get why it's difficult.

The current distortions are sort-of based on "what does a chosen do, without X tactic". Without violence, the chosen fall to temptation. Without service, the chosen cannot understand the violations inflicted on them. Without Hiding, the chosen seek another way out. Without Begging, the chosen display their power without restraint.

But for a Morality/Innocence, or Confidence/Dignity distortion, that doesn't work. Due to the overlapping T1 traits, either of those pairs can trigger all 4 of the current T1 breaks..... So, mechanically, these distortions can't follow the current formula. The distortions would either need to be accessed by not allowing two of the specified T1 breaks (Without violence and service, or begging and hiding), or.... something else. I've got two ideas about how to do that.

First, what about introduce "wild card" T1 tactics - A pair of tactics, where they'd either replace violence/service, or begging/hiding. (maybe four tactics in total, two for each distortion?) The distortions would be about activating of these alternative tactics. Though, this approach might be a bit complicated to implement, and I'm not sure how well it'd play with existing system if it could be used by other distortions.

Second, what if there was a way to "shatter" T1 vulnerabilities? To allow a chosen to break, but then render that tactic completely ineffective? morality/innocence - a chosen whose body and confidence has been broken, whose reputation is in shambles, and now can no longer fight back? Dignity/Confidence - a chosen whose discarded their morality, one who knows the pleasure of the demons, and now cannot avert their eyes from what is being done to them? I wonder if this concept would work for the next distortions.
Adding more T1 Vulnerability mechanics is something I've considered, but I'm not currently leaning in that direction. The reason that each Distortions forbids a T1 break is so that they force you to play "carefully." There are other ways to present that sort of challenge which don't explicitly involve T1 breaks. For example, I've considered having one of the Distortions require you to achieve some goal while keeping the subject below a certain ANGST sum (although that sounds like it could be really annoying, so it's not currently my plan).
Potentially dumb question, but is it possible to use Forsaken and import a team of Chosen in the same play through? If so, how?
If I'm understanding you correctly, it should be possible by default. The Forsaken management menu should show up as soon as you buy the Focus upgrade.
I know how to play the game but I am asking if I can actually skip playing from loop 3 above just to get to the boss since I've already played the game tons of times and most of the time save games from previous updates don't work on the new ones so I have to start over again and now I have to get to Loop 10 to get into the new content. If there is no other way aside from grinding again then I guess I'll just wait for more updates when there is more content between the bosses aside from what I already have grinded a year ago.
I didn't reply to this last time because I wasn't sure how to fix this problem, but I've been putting some thought into it, and I do have an idea now. The current roadmap for the campaign structure looks like this.

Loop 1 - First loop
Loop 2 -
Nothing special
Loop 3 - First Superior Chosen
Loop 4 - Nothing special
Loop 5 - First Animalistic/Undead
Loop 6 - First (Whatever you didn't face in Loop 5, optionally)
Loop 7 - First battle against Reign (recurring boss which hasn't been implemented yet)
Loop 8 - Nothing special
Loop 9 - Nothing special
Loop 10 - First boss
Loop 11 - First (Species unlocked by beating the boss you picked)
Loop 12 - Introduction of Objective system
Loop 13 - Nothing special
Loop 14 - Second battle against Reign
Loop 15 - Second boss
Loop 16 - Another species unlock
Loop 17 - Nothing special
Loop 18 - Nothing special
Loop 19 - Nothing special
Loop 20 - Third boss
Loop 21 - Third fight against Reign, and maybe a new species depending on boss pick order
Loop 22 - Nothing special
Loop 23 - Nothing special
Loop 24 - Story route branching point
Loop 25 - Fourth boss
Loop 26 - Another potential species unlock
Loop 27 - Nothing special
Loop 28 - Fourth fight against Reign
Loop 29 - Nothing special
Loop 30 - Fifth boss
Loop 31 - Another possible species unlock
Loop 32 - Nothing special
Loop 33 - Nothing special
Loop 34 - Nothing special
Loop 35 - Final Final Battle

So, the leadup to Loop 10 will get a bit more interesting once Reign is implemented, but there are still a lot of loops with nothing special, which will probably be boring for a lot of players who like to start a fresh campaign in each release. Those loops are there in order to give players a chance to shop for Forsaken to fill out their teams, but I can see how players who are happy with their current team would just want to skip them.

I'm currently thinking about adding a series of "warp pipes" (definitely not what they'll be called in the final release) which allow you to skip loops and gain a little bonus in exchange for the Forsaken and achievement progress you're missing by doing so. These warp pipes can be unlocked by doing something special in a loop that's normally followed by nothing special. For example, the Loop 1 warp pipe would be unlocked by purchasing Imago Quickening on Day 30 or before, and it would lead you directly to Loop 3. Then, the Loop 3 warp pipe might have some condition related to the Superior Chosen, and it would lead you directly to Loop 5.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Soooo kinda like the secret routes in Super Mario Bros 3? :unsure: No clue if those are still a thing, don't think I've touched a Mario game since the NES.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
How would a repeat boss even work? The chosen runs away before any T3 breaks? Or is it going to be an entirely diffrent kind of loop, where the final battle isn't the objective?

PsyTurtle

Jan 16, 2022
I kinda wanna make an image pack. I can draw but I'm rusty. Very rusty. Fortunately, a certain 3D program aimed at 2D artists has gotten a lot of new default assets since it left beta. Hm...

Anyone9999

Jul 11, 2021
So I found an Error no one else is going to find unless you are trying to code a game in this vein yourself...

When you resize the Window width to something that is smaller than a certain size (Methinks your default size), Buttons disappear. Works on the title screen and Ironically enough makes the next battle button disappear first! To fix, you can add a .setMinimumSize Call to your JFrame. I mean, no one is going to notice this because why wouldn't you hit full screen immediately, but...

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Time for another round of speculation about the remaining 2 distortions. Last time I speculated about how the mechanics of triggering them could work, but this time I’ll go from the opposite direction – looking at what the psychology of the chosen might be, and speculating on how the distortions will work from that perspective. So, first, let’s outline the current distortions, based on the T2 breaks they trigger.

Temptation, Innocence and Dignity. Temptation is all about seeking their own pleasure, no matter what the rest of the world feels about them. So innocent causes pleasure seeking behavior. Dignity, on the other hand, is how much the chosen care about their reputation. So a chosen that seeks pleasure above their reputation? They are perfectly willing to indulge their pleasure in battle – if the thralls let them.

Negotiation, Innocence and Confidence. Negotiation is about losing hope, and choosing to seek pleasure from the demon lord directly. So, Innocence is the same as temptation, pleasure seeking behavior. Confidence then, is hope. When broken, the chosen loose hope in being able to actually fight the demons. So a chosen without hope, and a willingness to seek pleasure? They find a third path to survive.

Aversion, Morality and confidence. Aversion is about shutting down, being unable to muster the will to fight back, and eventually being overtaken by their shadow. So, confidence is still about loosing hope. Morality, seems to be about ignoring the chosen’s duty. So, when the situation turns hopeless, the aversion chosen shut down – abandoning their duty to fight the demons in order to protect themselves.

Rampancy, Morality and dignity. Rampancy is about losing sight of why they fight the demons in the first place, and lashing out at everything around them. Without morality, they no longer care about protecting those who they have a duty to protect. Without dignity, they no longer care about how the public sees them. Without those restraints, a chosen uses their power to kill demons without any regard for others.

Now, let’s put all that together and begin the speculation.

Morality/innocence – broken confidence, broken dignity. A chosen who no longer has any hope for victory and that no longer cares about how the public see them. That sounds like a recipe for a chosen who’s completely given up on fighting the demons. So…. Perhaps a traitor? A chosen willing to sabotage the ongoing efforts – for better treatment after they inevitability lose?

Confidence/Dignity – broken morality, broken innocence. A chosen who no longer cares about fulfilling their duty, and exhibits pleasure seeking behavior. Well, that’s an… interesting… combination. Is this the “rape” distortion? Driving a chosen to the point where they are willing to take what they want from another chosen… even during a battle against the demons? Perhaps this would interact with the “observe” mechanic? Or, I could see it as something triggered automatically during battle. Like joining an ongoing defiler+ action as a participant (instead of as a victim).

Scepticism

May 5, 2020
Confidence/Dignity – broken morality, broken innocence. A chosen who no longer cares about fulfilling their duty, and exhibits pleasure seeking behavior. Well, that’s an… interesting… combination. Is this the “rape” distortion? Driving a chosen to the point where they are willing to take what they want from another chosen… even during a battle against the demons? Perhaps this would interact with the “observe” mechanic? Or, I could see it as something triggered automatically during battle. Like joining an ongoing defiler+ action as a participant (instead of as a victim).
I posted something similar a couple of pages ago, and I'm glad you agree with me on the CON/DIG distortion. I think rapist would make the most sense, no? My only question is how much of their dignity would need to be broken? Probably T2 since they are actively hindering their team (dignity is tied to public opinion somewhat too).

The raping chosen can probably justify it with "we can take care of the thralls quicker this way", since according to the game, ejaculating thralls are no longer a threat to the public. If their ally have to take a little rape for that to occur then them's the breaks. It's only fair, since the chosen themselves were raped (inseminate/force orgasm action). In fact, they should be happy that they can help the public and get pleasure out of it at the same time.

So if they help with defiler actions, the distorted chosen would probably masturbate while watching, since they only care about satisfying their own sexual desires, regardless of what happens to others. We could probably tie it (gameplay-wise) to resolve loss on turns spent observing/masturbating or perhaps resolve loss from DISG the more they have raped/watched others, similar to negotiation distortion.

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
For morality/innocence I'd like to imagine something like the chosen becoming a rapist. Considering humanity their enemies them and being addicted to pleasure the chosen would see it justified to take what they want from those who deserve it. This distortion would of course require some dignity loss as this is pretty deviant and almost no confidence break as they don't fret away from these evil actions. Maybe they'll even turn into an extreme sadist, pursuing sexual pleasure and thrill from mercilessly torturing/killing citizens of the city?

As for confidence/dignity you might consider some sort of bully victim. Not being able to stand up to the demons violence/threats of hurting innocent humans, they are forced to engage in humiliating actions such as sexual slavery, paraded around naked in town in animal cosplay or perhaps being forced to act as a propaganda agent for the demons to demoralize the rest of the chosen/humanity?
First...yeeeeeessssssss.
Second...YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS.

ALSO had a sudden idea of tieing distortions to the approach/negotiation system currently in place to perhaps get around the current 4-6 distortion system limit. Basically have the inital 4-6 distorts be the default ones that will occur without player intervention (or encouraged), and have any additional occupying the same 'spaces' require (I don't know) the hope/despair (or sub/dom) bar be filled. I don't think this hypothetical system needs to be overly complex, small enough to be an easy every turn thing (the bunny demon lord laughs at the chosen despair increases...) while providing ways for more distorts to be handled.
Course this is needless if the distort system never exceeds maximum, but an idea is an idea so I might as well slap it down here.

.........maybe a new sub menu named "distortion tuning" that appears on aproach........:unsure:

taggerforce

Dec 1, 2018
Hi, im new to this game, I got +100k unresolved disgust but still couldn't go through tier 3, am i missing something?

1688080396904.png

also should i focus on bringing down core vulnerabillty or minor vulnerabillity?

Last edited:

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Hi, im new to this game, I got +100k unresolved disgust but still couldn't go through tier 3, am i missing something?

View attachment 2733574

also should i focus on bringing down core vulnerabillty or minor vulnerabillity?
T3 breaks start outside of battle, with the chosen generally chosing one vulnerability to break per day (and increasing the requirment for the next break by 10x). Once they've decided to break a T3 vulnerability, you then need to trigger it's activation requirement. Morality and Dignity should require the other chosen to be surrounded, Innocence needs a high PLEA level, and Confidence will need to be captured by a non-basic commander.

As for core/minor focus; it's up to you. Core's are hearder to break than Minors, but both should yield bonus EE generation in scenes after the battle. The main effect though, is on chosen relationships. Breaking a core vulnerability before a minor is broken will, generally, worsen the relationship between both chosen. On the other hand, breaking a core after it's minor has been broken, will strengthen the relationship. The chosen's relationship effects many diffrent elements of the game; Friends arrive sooner as reinforcements, take less damage in orgy and defiler+ surrounds, Empathy also makes it impossible for chosen with an unbreakable friendship to kill eachother unless they fall below 50% resolve. Rivals, on the other hand, take the full 2x damage for orgies and defiler+ surrounds, arrive later as reinforcements, and Antipathy reduces their resolve by 10% for each rival, and 20% for each Bitter Enemy. I seem to also remember it causing the chosen to hesitate one round before killing their rival, but I'm not seeing that anywhere.

Two more factors to consider; EE generation from relationship changing events is higher when the relationship worsens, so you'll get more one-time bonus EE from breaking core before minor vulnerabilities. On the other hand, Forsaken receive a bonus training concent modifier, if their friends have also fallen. (This modifier is based on both chosens obedience, and also applies to any family members captured via bait.) So it can be important to have at least one pair of chosen that are friends going into the final battle.

Reactions: taggerforce

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017

View attachment 2733574

100k is 100,000
100M is 100,000,000

Currently, you're too low by a factor of 1000, meaning you're at about .1% of the trauma you need. To get this trauma up, you will need to do the same Defiler (10k+ Circumstance action) to two Chosen at the same time.

Reactions: taggerforce

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
New update out!

On a related note, my game bugs out at the end of a battle, presumably some kind of vignette-related thing. You can just load the most recent one and immediately retreat to see it.

EDIT: Except for Divinity, apparently. Which makes sense, since she's the one I edited and removed the restrictions on before the campaign.

EDIT: Nevermind, all good now!

Last edited:

Scepticism

May 5, 2020
Campaign Custom single chosen currently is not working?
Going to need a bit more info if we are to help you, chief.

I have a ton of custom chosen in my campaign and some show up on starting a new game more than others.
If you have multiple custom chosen, make sure your chosen are viable to partner with as many other custom chosen as possible. If they don't, the game will generate new random chosen to partner with them, but I believe it prioritizes custom chosen over random generated.

If you only have a single custom chosen, they should be part of the team in loop 1, unless they are superior, animal-like or undead (those show up in later loops). If not, they might be in loop 2 or later ones. If you really want them part of loop 1 and they are not a different race, just restart until you find them.

Make sure that the game actually allows your cutom chosen. By default, the game only chooses females, so if your custom chosen is a futa or male, they won't show up until you change compositions in the options menu. Also, if your chosen is a different race, let the game draw from those as well (should be on by default). Lastly, as I previously stated, Superior, Animal and Undead chosen shows up in later loops.

Last edited:

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Thank you CSDev for another great update, this is one of my top favorite games to play and the care you put into making it absolutely shows. Cheers to you good Sir/Madam, amazing work as always!(y)

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
If their partners aren't being averted or under some other distortion that causes a similar effect, they should be acting as normal. As far as the flying, there may be another factor involved, what is the status of the other task the Chosen have to do in each battle when they start flying?

I actually haven't seen this, I have never gotten a Chosen team that could be triple negotiated, I'll have to try that one when I get back in (waiting on the upgrade to approach scenes before I try to gather another batch of distortion and total break saves, my previous set wouldn't load even to the main menu). My only triple was an aversion because the team I had was only eligible for aversion all at the same time.
So don't know if you know this but if you are facing issues of having too many saves then you can just make a new save file. To do this just load your latest save then rename the "saves.sav" file to something else (like saves1.sav). If you save after renaming It will create a new saves file.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
The comment system was originally coded back in Release 4, and I haven't been paying much attention to it since campaign mode was implemented, because a lot of minor factors (like family member generation) initially weren't seeded, and making the comment system also save Forsaken training would've required a lot of new code. But I suppose if people are interested in using it to share replays, it wouldn't be too hard to make it work properly again.

Thanks for the feedback. The eventual expansion to the guide goal system probably should focus on Forsaken mechanics.

Very nice analysis! The only thing I'd add is that some of those damage multipliers become increasingly easy to get on your Forsaken as you go further into campaign mode. Demon commanders should always have their uses, but making your Forsaken better is the main tool you're given in order to keep up with the difficulty modifiers of later loops.

I'd like to properly integrate them into the base game as well at some point. Nine expressions was probably a bit too few to cover all the different faces characters should make. It's just that it'll require going through the code for the whole game and manually deciding whether each instance of a lewd or joyful face should be replaced by a smug or used one.

I wouldn't say it's a firm plan, but it's something I'm open to. My current thought is that when two Distortions share an unbreakable Vulnerability, having a Core/Minor matchup on that Vulnerability could result in a positive scene between those two Distortions. But under that system, matchups with no common Vulnerabilities (Temptation/Aversion and Rampancy/Negotiation) would still be always-negative, so that might not be a flexible enough solution.

You should be able to safely delete them. (And if not, then it's a bug.) Deleted single play Forsaken aren't saved in the same way as deleted campaign Forsaken are, so the remaining Forsaken won't "remember" them.

That is indeed a bug. They're getting put into the special "surroundable only this turn" state which flying Chosen normally get put into when an ally flees the battle, but that puts them into the flying state after it expires. It definitely doesn't make sense to "punish" the player like that for triggering Aversion. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

There actually is a special bonus for making all three of them go catatonic, but I suppose the game doesn't really call your attention to it beyond the post-battle text talking about how they basically just stay laying on the street after the battle is done. When all three Chosen pass out like that, their Aversion progress is immediately set to max, meaning that future orgies only have to be 1 turn long in order to trigger it in the future. I thought about having it give you the option to just turn them into Forsaken right then and there, but I was afraid of the bugginess it might cause. Still might be worth going back and adding that, though.

It's been nice to see the ideas for the other Distortions posted here, and I think this one is particularly clever. It fits very well with the way the existing Distortions work, and the framework has recently been put in place for civilian loved ones to appear in-game. The only odd point is that it explicitly requires the Causal Projection upgrade to be bought, but practically speaking, you won't generally be achieving Distortion against the Chosen until you're past the 5 EE upgrade tier anyway.

Alternatively, I might just make the Retreat button available even before you can get EE from it. After all, there are already edge cases where you'd prefer to end the battle early.

For what it's worth, defeated (and even killed) Chosen are still counted for the purpose of EXPO bonuses, so it wouldn't be unprecedented to have their surround turns saved (and it could even save the turns for other defeated-while-surrounded Chosen, i.e. Temptation and Aversion).

Adding more T1 Vulnerability mechanics is something I've considered, but I'm not currently leaning in that direction. The reason that each Distortions forbids a T1 break is so that they force you to play "carefully." There are other ways to present that sort of challenge which don't explicitly involve T1 breaks. For example, I've considered having one of the Distortions require you to achieve some goal while keeping the subject below a certain ANGST sum (although that sounds like it could be really annoying, so it's not currently my plan).

If I'm understanding you correctly, it should be possible by default. The Forsaken management menu should show up as soon as you buy the Focus upgrade.

I didn't reply to this last time because I wasn't sure how to fix this problem, but I've been putting some thought into it, and I do have an idea now. The current roadmap for the campaign structure looks like this.

Loop 1 - First loop
Loop 2 -
Nothing special
Loop 3 - First Superior Chosen
Loop 4 - Nothing special
Loop 5 - First Animalistic/Undead
Loop 6 - First (Whatever you didn't face in Loop 5, optionally)
Loop 7 - First battle against Reign (recurring boss which hasn't been implemented yet)
Loop 8 - Nothing special
Loop 9 - Nothing special
Loop 10 - First boss
Loop 11 - First (Species unlocked by beating the boss you picked)
Loop 12 - Introduction of Objective system
Loop 13 - Nothing special
Loop 14 - Second battle against Reign
Loop 15 - Second boss
Loop 16 - Another species unlock
Loop 17 - Nothing special
Loop 18 - Nothing special
Loop 19 - Nothing special
Loop 20 - Third boss
Loop 21 - Third fight against Reign, and maybe a new species depending on boss pick order
Loop 22 - Nothing special
Loop 23 - Nothing special
Loop 24 - Story route branching point
Loop 25 - Fourth boss
Loop 26 - Another potential species unlock
Loop 27 - Nothing special
Loop 28 - Fourth fight against Reign
Loop 29 - Nothing special
Loop 30 - Fifth boss
Loop 31 - Another possible species unlock
Loop 32 - Nothing special
Loop 33 - Nothing special
Loop 34 - Nothing special
Loop 35 - Final Final Battle

So, the leadup to Loop 10 will get a bit more interesting once Reign is implemented, but there are still a lot of loops with nothing special, which will probably be boring for a lot of players who like to start a fresh campaign in each release. Those loops are there in order to give players a chance to shop for Forsaken to fill out their teams, but I can see how players who are happy with their current team would just want to skip them.

I'm currently thinking about adding a series of "warp pipes" (definitely not what they'll be called in the final release) which allow you to skip loops and gain a little bonus in exchange for the Forsaken and achievement progress you're missing by doing so. These warp pipes can be unlocked by doing something special in a loop that's normally followed by nothing special. For example, the Loop 1 warp pipe would be unlocked by purchasing Imago Quickening on Day 30 or before, and it would lead you directly to Loop 3. Then, the Loop 3 warp pipe might have some condition related to the Superior Chosen, and it would lead you directly to Loop 5.
Well I was just thinking of sharing how I play loop 1 along with some explanation to help new players. It doesn't exactly look like people are interested in sharing replays to me, so you can take your time

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes