CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I keep getting a morality break before or at the same time as a confidence break, any help?
The first Morality Break is tied to using either Grind or Pummel, so as long as you aren't using Grind or Pummel, it will never break. If you are using Grind or Pummel, then the target looks at both HATE and INJU when deciding whether to break or not, regardless of which move you're using. So, if HATE is close to reaching 10k, then using Pummel will still cause Morality Break, and if INJU is close to reaching 10k, then using Grind will still cause Morality Break.
I think another thing that trips me up is the vocabulary. Each term is similar sounding and and has a somewhat similar gameplay effect. I would sorta like a mod that replaces the main currencies with Gold, Wood, Stone, and Food :p
Well, the Thralls definitely do enjoy giving the Chosen plenty of wood.
For real though- perhaps a sidebar with all the currencies and stats would be good. This is a RPG right? Then wouldn't it be nice to be able to see the most important stats and numbers laid out conveniently at most times?

View attachment 1389683
Interesting mockup. On my own little laptop screen, one turn's flavor and damage report barely fit at once, and dividing the screen up further would just make things worse. Of course, that could be solved by using the space more efficiently (e.g. compact damage bars instead of lines of text), but it'd involve changing a lot of little things. There will also need to be space for portraits once those are in. I've been looking into using mouse hovering to change what's displayed in a window, so that might provide a solution.
Retreating on the first encounter in cheat mode makes the game hang. I was trying to skip through to having three chosen to test some things.

Also, as somebody who has trouble remembering which chosen is which, I think some minor UI tweaks would go a long way in helping me differentiate them over the course of the fight.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Note that the reference to Void by Axiom is not colored, but references to specific chosen by the narrator are.

If this is too colorful for people, I think it'd be easy enough to have an option to use the old mode or this one.

Similarly, I think a colorblind mode that replaces the colored highlighting with Bold, Italic, and Underlined might be appreciated by people who are colorblind. I'm not though, so if a colorblind person says that'd be awful listen to them instead.
Thanks for the bug report. It should be fixed next version. However, note that the first appearance of the second and third Chosen are based partly on the number of combat rounds elapsed, so quickly retreating each day isn't necessarily the fastest way to make them show up.

I like your mockup as well. I think that it shouldn't come across as too overly colorful as long as more subtle versions of the speech colors are used. It's going to require rewriting a whole lot of old code, but I'll look into implementing something like this.
Managed a successful run on my third serious attempt, one tempted femboy and one taunted futa. Basically just came down to EE management and not buying frivolous things so that I could afford the Hypno/Broadcast/Anger commander in the end. Which is good, it's good that you have to make decisions on what direction down the tech tree you want to go and can't just buy everything. The balance rework has ended up being a positive change in basically every way it can be.

Been thinking a bit about other alternate paths. I'm sure PLEA/INJU being a masochist path is one you've already thought of; I think for HATE/PLEA it'd be interesting if it was a full-on reverse rape scenario where you loosen up on the surround but the chosen forces the issue and starts fucking the thralls herself.

I'm less confident (and, admittedly, less interested) in ideas for combos that don't involve pleasure, but I could see HATE/INJU as going full on doomsaying though I don't know how that would translate into a surround type.
Congrats on the successful run! And I like that idea for the HATE/PLEA route. However, note that not all of the distortions are going to be based around surround types. There's going to be a lot of asymmetry in how they work, and I want them to feel very different from each other.
Oh Lord, Tempt is EXACTLY what hits my fantasy, and it has some good teasing lines and normal anal sex!

Typically Demons are generally regarded as powerful and evil, but this Distortion ability let's us play the rare trope where they manipulate/seduce heroines/victims against their nature and win them over instead.

Not sure how many people heard of Urotsukidouji and LaBlueGirl, but in those hentai, the demons were terrifying to enemies but seductive to Human women. Demons needed corruption and sexual energy to open gateways to other worlds and what better way than to have willing female mortals as a permanent partner/conduit? Heck, one of the protagonist is a half demon herself! Naturally, there are other clans of Demons who find non-rape, distasteful but that's anime/hentai for ya!

Pretty surprised to see lots of fans who enjoy corrupting chosen who are still technical virgins too!

You're a GOD, CsDev, watching the panel more!

P.S There must be a way to Tempt Core Innocent Chosens, they make the sweetest moans!
Those are some real classics. I feel flattered by the comparison.

I do want to add a "Virgin Killer" trait for Forsaken who enjoy defiling the purehearted, where they deal bonus PLEA damage to innocent Chosen. Each Forsaken should have something they're especially good at in order to give them more personality, and it'd also allow for unconventional playstyles depending on which traits you end up with.
Is there a way to increase the UI? it is tiny and I don't see an option in the settings
I'm working on fixing this, but in the meantime, another user was mentioning a similar problem and this post apparently helped them.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
It sucks that I can't make any progress in the game, as it looks quite good. I can never break anyone.

I do look forward to seeing more progress on the game, though.

Last edited:

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Interesting mockup. On my own little laptop screen, one turn's flavor and damage report barely fit at once, and dividing the screen up further would just make things worse. Of course, that could be solved by using the space more efficiently (e.g. compact damage bars instead of lines of text), but it'd involve changing a lot of little things. There will also need to be space for portraits once those are in. I've been looking into using mouse hovering to change what's displayed in a window, so that might provide a solution.
well, if progress bars etc were part of static UI that'd slightly decrease round text volume
maybe openings too
I do understand that implementing more complex UI at all would be lot of work tho

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
It sucks that I can't make any progress in the game, as it looks quite good. I can never break anyone.

I do look forward to seeing more progress on the game, though.
This game has a weird difficulty curve, where it's most difficult in the early mid-game, rather than the most difficult parts coming at the end.

It's easy enough to traumatize the girls into minor sinful actions, but getting that second break can be very difficult. The real key is trying different combinations of moves on each girl, finding what works best and deals the most damage, and realizing that keeping them pinned longer can be extremely valuable for keeping your extermination relatively low.

My advice is to hold back on threatening girls for the first pin - some girls are vulnerable to it but it doesn't do anything unless you have another girl pinned. It's also not useful to try to go for more than 4 turns for the first pin, regardless of the stage of the game.

EXPO is your best friend, for that first pin too. EXPO multiplies damage on the other girls (not the one you pinned though!) so going for Humiliate first can help you get other girls pinned quicker, helping that extermination bar. PLEA and HATE also multiply damage, this time on the girl they're inflicted on, so if you have the chance try going for Humiliate, then Caress or Grind, and if you don't have anything else to do lumping on whatever inflicts INJU/ANTI in your game.

The goal is to inflict EXPO, PLEA, HATE, and INJU/ANTI. The traumas at the top are only relevant in so far as they allow you to do that. And remember that the advanced actions like Inseminate or Force Orgasm only inflict two of the above, and will break core vulnerabilities. They're really good for inflicting further trauma, but you don't always want to break a core vulnerability right at that moment, so it may be worth holding back on them.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
This game has a weird difficulty curve, where it's most difficult in the early mid-game, rather than the most difficult parts coming at the end.

It's easy enough to traumatize the girls into minor sinful actions, but getting that second break can be very difficult. The real key is trying different combinations of moves on each girl, finding what works best and deals the most damage, and realizing that keeping them pinned longer can be extremely valuable for keeping your extermination relatively low.

My advice is to hold back on threatening girls for the first pin - some girls are vulnerable to it but it doesn't do anything unless you have another girl pinned. It's also not useful to try to go for more than 4 turns for the first pin, regardless of the stage of the game.

EXPO is your best friend, for that first pin too. EXPO multiplies damage on the other girls (not the one you pinned though!) so going for Humiliate first can help you get other girls pinned quicker, helping that extermination bar. PLEA and HATE also multiply damage, this time on the girl they're inflicted on, so if you have the chance try going for Humiliate, then Caress or Grind, and if you don't have anything else to do lumping on whatever inflicts INJU/ANTI in your game.

The goal is to inflict EXPO, PLEA, HATE, and INJU/ANTI. The traumas at the top are only relevant in so far as they allow you to do that. And remember that the advanced actions like Inseminate or Force Orgasm only inflict two of the above, and will break core vulnerabilities. They're really good for inflicting further trauma, but you don't always want to break a core vulnerability right at that moment, so it may be worth holding back on them.
I thought EXPO only multiplied the circumstance damage? I didn't think it helped with pinning. I'll try my best to follow along with the rest of your advice, though.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
The first Morality Break is tied to using either Grind or Pummel, so as long as you aren't using Grind or Pummel, it will never break. If you are using Grind or Pummel, then the target looks at both HATE and INJU when deciding whether to break or not, regardless of which move you're using. So, if HATE is close to reaching 10k, then using Pummel will still cause Morality Break, and if INJU is close to reaching 10k, then using Grind will still cause Morality Break.

Well, the Thralls definitely do enjoy giving the Chosen plenty of wood.

Thanks for the bug report. It should be fixed next version. However, note that the first appearance of the second and third Chosen are based partly on the number of combat rounds elapsed, so quickly retreating each day isn't necessarily the fastest way to make them show up.

I like your mockup as well. I think that it shouldn't come across as too overly colorful as long as more subtle versions of the speech colors are used. It's going to require rewriting a whole lot of old code, but I'll look into implementing something like this.

Congrats on the successful run! And I like that idea for the HATE/PLEA route. However, note that not all of the distortions are going to be based around surround types. There's going to be a lot of asymmetry in how they work, and I want them to feel very different from each other.

Those are some real classics. I feel flattered by the comparison.

I do want to add a "Virgin Killer" trait for Forsaken who enjoy defiling the purehearted, where they deal bonus PLEA damage to innocent Chosen. Each Forsaken should have something they're especially good at in order to give them more personality, and it'd also allow for unconventional playstyles depending on which traits you end up with.

I'm working on fixing this, but in the meantime, another user was mentioning a similar problem and this post apparently helped them.
I wanted to really thank you for the options/preferences for content. Being able to have femboys/crossdressing guys, and a girl or two, is fantastic, and being able to change all the attacks to tickling is amazing, too.

Reactions: Arachnofiend

Mosthra

Feb 17, 2018
I didn't realize how many times I'd played Corrupted Saviors over and over again. Probably 10 times more. And it will fascinate me.
The way things happen in the game is very varied, from the version "Release9" until now every time I think it's perfect, it gets richer and more novel after each version.

Tevildo77

Dec 23, 2017
So I have played this game for hours, and used the cheat mode to get a better idea of how combat works, and read that massive walkthrough guide by Goblin and followed their first 15 days method but... I just cannot achieve a first break on any of the girls, no matter how closely I try to fit the guide or adjust my strategy to fit I just cannot pull it off. On day 12 I have a four round duration commander, and I target the only girl out of the group with no pre-broken stats (I need the EE and one of the girls has her stats in such a way that the only one that could be in theory easy to break is her two distorted stats that cannot be broken, and the other is just a badass.) So the totally innocent wholesome moral girl is by far the weakest of the trio.

She has a core vulnerability in morality, innocence, and a significant vulnerability in shame, her only minor is pain which I obviously opted to try and break, but I just cannot do it and despite having her pinned for four turns when she gets away I cannot immediately surround her again without first surrounding one of her teammates to trigger her fear stat, and when I do surround her again I can level injury, exposure, and hate up but I cannot cause a break and then the moment she gets away I am immediately killed. Now maybe this isn't that bad and I can continue from here but I really feel like I'm missing some core element here that I won't be able to succeed without.

Reactions: Kalloi

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
So I have played this game for hours, and used the cheat mode to get a better idea of how combat works, and read that massive walkthrough guide by Goblin and followed their first 15 days method but... I just cannot achieve a first break on any of the girls, no matter how closely I try to fit the guide or adjust my strategy to fit I just cannot pull it off. On day 12 I have a four round duration commander, and I target the only girl out of the group with no pre-broken stats (I need the EE and one of the girls has her stats in such a way that the only one that could be in theory easy to break is her two distorted stats that cannot be broken, and the other is just a badass.) So the totally innocent wholesome moral girl is by far the weakest of the trio.

She has a core vulnerability in morality, innocence, and a significant vulnerability in shame, her only minor is pain which I obviously opted to try and break, but I just cannot do it and despite having her pinned for four turns when she gets away I cannot immediately surround her again without first surrounding one of her teammates to trigger her fear stat, and when I do surround her again I can level injury, exposure, and hate up but I cannot cause a break and then the moment she gets away I am immediately killed. Now maybe this isn't that bad and I can continue from here but I really feel like I'm missing some core element here that I won't be able to succeed without.
I'm still trying to just figure out the point of specialized Commanders. They seem pointless, as they're not good in any capacity. They just kill multipliers and do nothing else.

Anbard

Oct 13, 2018
Gotta admit I'm having issues with the difficulty as well. A few months ago I was able to at least get a couple of breaks in but now I can't even get to level 2 traumas in most cases. I re-read the guide.txt and tried following some of the walkthroughs that people have posted here but by day 20 I still haven't broken any vulnerabilities. I'm stacking EXPO, trying to use commanders and going for the most vulnerable heroes but either I'm unlucky or there's something that I'm just not getting.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
Gotta admit I'm having issues with the difficulty as well. A few months ago I was able to at least get a couple of breaks in but now I can't even get to level 2 traumas in most cases. I re-read the guide.txt and tried following some of the walkthroughs that people have posted here but by day 20 I still haven't broken any vulnerabilities. I'm stacking EXPO, trying to use commanders and going for the most vulnerable heroes but either I'm unlucky or there's something that I'm just not getting.
The only way I've found to do much of anything is to focus on anti/hate first, then expo. That then allows you to go for higher pleasure for spamming surrounds.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
really liked the game that time I played it long ago, good to see it going forward, but ngl looking at those difficulty comments I think I'll wait a bit more until at least early game is more approachable for dumbasses like me :p

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019

If confidence is her minor vulnerability then raising that with a suppressor commander like Anger (INJU) should be a good starting point, I don't know the other two chosen you have for this run but try that and see what her numbers look like,

from there its more of a matter of timing and choosing which chosen to attack first, sometimes its better to target a chosen besides the one you actually are aiming for the day so you can get a favorable situation ready before she arrives,

the 15 day guide goblin made is a bit outdated now that the multipliers has been rebalanced a bit, EXPO and INJU is a bit nerfed but both are incredibly useful and should be taken into consideration when trying to raise circumstance damage
PLEA is good for raising trauma to get longer breaks and ANGST but if used too early then you risk the multipliers being useless
HATE is good overall for trauma and circumstance

Don't be afraid to reload a save a couple of times and see what could work for that day, target different chosen and try different combinations and if all goes to shit, just refund your commander and try to build up EE for that day and work towards a upgrade that will help you most with what youre trying to do!

If one of your chosen has a big weakness towards EXPO try to factor her in your strategy either by seeing when she arrives to help your targeted chosen or go after her first and just raise it for later when your target arrives

I hope at least some of this helps! :D

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
really liked the game that time I played it long ago, good to see it going forward, but ngl looking at those difficulty comments I think I'll wait a bit more until at least early game is more approachable for dumbasses like me :p
I think most of the difficulty comes from people not factoring in the other chosen in their plan and not changing things if their plan doesn't turn out like they'd hope, or ignoring a particular stat since its not what they're aiming for at the moment, all of which is really understandable to be honest!
And on top of that the new update does require a bit of rethinking of previous strategies since some multipliers but personally I like the change since PLEA has become far more useful for making longer surround turns and ANGST

The game is really tight mechanic-wise and rewards you for planning things and being methodical with how you do it, once you start winning its hard to actually lose unless you are brazen with your EE, how you spend your days, or not looking at all of your chosen properly in a run. But the curve for understanding the mechanics is really high since its so tight in the first place

I found the best way to learn and understand the mechanics of the game is to just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks haha, the cheat mode is a great way to get acquainted with how the game flows and learn how the everything plays off of each other

It still does however; leaves some gaps you have to fill in for yourself, its only after this update I was able to appreciate the Defiler commander and synthesis upgrades as they were really helpful for getting the new distortion mechanic on both of my chosen for my past two runs, so out of the 20 or so runs I've done I learned something new! :D

Since a run can vary greatly depending on the chosen generated and even the order they appear, it feels like understanding the core game mechanics is integral more than anything else

If you still have reservations about the game I understand but I highly recommend giving the current release a try despite comments about the difficulty, I don't know how long since you played but any experience will still be helpful in some way and the new vignettes makes multiple playthroughs fun to try imo

Reactions: tpk

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
I'm still trying to just figure out the point of specialized Commanders. They seem pointless, as they're not good in any capacity. They just kill multipliers and do nothing else.
As someone that has a medium understanding of the game, they indeed feel useless. The only useful ones are the last ones you get.

Asbeoth

Apr 8, 2021
Also, to the dev, despite my struggles, I still want to make sure you know that your game is a great experience. I almost quit a few times, but the lewd mechanics and characters kept me going. That and plenty of help from your fans. :p

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
As someone that has a medium understanding of the game, they indeed feel useless. The only useful ones are the last ones you get.
Personally their usefulness depends on the kind of run you have so far and the chosen that are generated imo.
They also depend on what kind of goal you have in mind for a run as well

I've had runs where I used them almost exclusively when I unlocked even the first tier and some I didn't use them at all until the final tier were beginning to be unlocked

In my first run after the recent update I was trying to get two characters to the new alternative corruption option and since they require not breaking morality at all and only having confidence at tier 1 the options for surrounding and raising multipliers are limited

I cant use grind and/or pummel in most situations at the risk of breaking tier 1 morality, so the only way to reliably raise things like INJU and HATE are the commanders with the help of EXPO from the other chosen. Especially once I got versality to stack two suppressors on one commander. I believe I also used synthesis defiler/suppressor commander capable of making the chosen force orgasm

The second run I really had to rely on the defiler commanders since one chosen I was aiming for distortion had innocence as her core and the other one I was going to all break on had dignity as her core and getting dignity broken first was a priority to ruin her relationships and make her downtime more sinful as soon as possible, and the last chosen I wanted to leave untouched for the run so she could be forsaken I could train well.

Using defilers at the very end of the battle once I raised their multipliers as high as I could got the results I wanted

I think as the Dev adds the other alternative corruption paths the utility for specialized commanders will only increase, which I'm all for since its a good way to keep runs fresh and unique from each other as I decide what my focus will be for this run and so forth

And suppresor commanders by themselves are really good at breaking a core vulnerability early as possible, one time I believe I broke it as early as Day 11 or 12?

Also I discovered some time ago that using a defiler to break a chosen's tier 2 for the first time will have her reference the demon lord specifically in her profile section so a fun challenge I made for myself was to see if I could break all of chosen's tier 2s with commander only and that was a really dope playthrough lol

Anyways sorry for the rambling but I hope my examples helped or at very least that the commanders will feel more useful to you as you do more runs and want to do specific goals for runs! :D

catcherintherye

Mar 22, 2020
Tried this game a few times now. Both time I poured at lest a few hours, first going through the tutorial and then going into the game. Both times I got stuck around the 10 EE unlocks unable to progress. The thing is there were times when I did bad and did not understand why. And then there were times I seemed to do good but still did not understood why. I really tried to love this game but there are fundamental issues about obscure mechanics that I seemed to unable to grasp by only looking at the stats. Some goals do not do anything if reached. No idea about the angst mechanic even after hours of experimentation. Why commanders default to first round capture?

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Tried this game a few times now. Both time I poured at lest a few hours, first going through the tutorial and then going into the game. Both times I got stuck around the 10 EE unlocks unable to progress. The thing is there were times when I did bad and did not understand why. And then there were times I seemed to do good but still did not understood why. I really tried to love this game but there are fundamental issues about obscure mechanics that I seemed to unable to grasp by only looking at the stats. Some goals do not do anything if reached. No idea about the angst mechanic even after hours of experimentation. Why commanders default to first round capture?
Did you read Goblin's 12 day intro? I was kind of confused when I dove right in, and I picked up some bad habits (like using specialty commanders instead of generalists) but following his guide got me in a position to win easily.

If you're hitting the girls with good damage and getting those breaks, the angst (and corresponding EE actions) will flow pretty naturally.

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes