Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
can you capture 3 forsaken in one run given that you can get 1000% vulnerability or you can only keep one in the end?
Yep! in the final battle you just need to get their resolve damage to 0 with one the late game abilites like Attack +, Slime +, etch and the forsaken will be yours, picking up antipathy and making them hate each other also makes it easier to get all 3 or if you have a distortion on some of them that also helps

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
oof, I'm definitely rusty. I did a campaign and barely got to loop 3 xD

I was thinking about making a community guide, but it will have to wait until I get the grasp of the game again xD

Also, when I negotiate it doesn't increase the % resolve damage.
Lmao I can definitely get that sometimes when I work on my portrait pack too long I end up not playing as much as I used to so every update half the week is me relearning my strats xD

But I look forward to when you get your groove back! More community guides to help people out always sound good to me!

Reactions: tpk

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
can you capture 3 forsaken in one run given that you can get 1000% vulnerability or you can only keep one in the end?
If I understand what you meant to say, yes.

As long as you get them in any last tier of corruption, I recommend trying with hate and pleasure, as in my experience they are the ones that get the damage easier

Reactions: Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
ah damn I got 1 but the other chosen killed the other because she hates her :mad:
Fuck that sucks to hear, if you have an early enough save it wouldn't hurt to roll it back and see what you can do in that time frame,

I try to get all 3 myself but sometimes in the later loops I just end up cutting my losses after reloading over and over, it definetly gets easier tho! you'll be getting all 3 in no time :D

Reactions: Edger and tpk

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
btw, this new path is really good in early loops.

You get to actually make it easier to defeat one of the chosen as you just wait a day for EE.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
btw, this new path is really good in early loops.

You get to actually make it easier to defeat one of the chosen as you just wait a day for EE.
I like it as well! It really changes up the formula of loops and days you were going to do training for your forsaken anyway, if not motivate people to train their forsaken more often.
And I like the trait from it that balances out the high obedience and low hostility, I got a chosen where her core was morality and her minor was confidence and as a forsaken she's recovering 60+ stamina despite being at 80% obedience, traumatize is pretty good too as a defiler

This path is definitely my favorite so far :D

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
What kind of whacked logic do you operate on? Its 100% obediance. "compliance with an order, request, or law or submission to another's authority.". You can be 100% obediant in real life. Many dogs are. Do they recover 1% of their stamina compared to a feral dog per day? No. Because they don't think about the person they're obediant to 100% of the time to the point they literally degrade to the point of being objectively inferior to a regular person (and those are dogs, not super-human immortal women so strong they completely trivialize the women who are supposed to be the peak of humanity in this).
What you're describing is mania. Not obediance. If its mania, logically, it should be called mania.

What part of this design adds literally anything fun to the game? I can just train another girl as much as I want with no reprucisions at all (as with everything in this game) to skip infinite days if I really want to. Its not something I'd ever want to do. Except to deal with the baffling confusing to charge me stamina and obedience (among other things) to use a girl at all, but then also have stamina get hurt by obedience, and obedience almost instantly shoot up if you do any of the actions that you need to in order to get the girls to do any of their actions this update is about, on top of also needing massive obedience to do half of those actions to begin with, to the point I can max obedience in literally 2 actions on a completely fresh girl. 2 actions. With seemingly no way to lower it.
Its just even more padding the game with endless repetitions of the same few actions, except now you can permanently screw up with insane ease.
In the context of the game yes it is.

I mean you really think draining their fucking soul on a constant basis after converting them to your side after they were actively trying to blow themselves up from the abuse that you instigated in the first place that they’re going to still be right in the head? Like really? Like I said, if you're talking in terms of the value name as "obedience" than I can understand that a little, but the rest just I don't agree with at all

Many dogs are. Do they recover 1% of their stamina compared to a feral dog per day? No. Because they don't think about the person they're obediant to 100% of the time to the point they literally degrade to the point of being objectively inferior to a regular person
And outside of the context, using your same logic. if you’ve trained the dog through abuse and domination, the dog would do what you wanted and that dog would be obedient but also that dog would be so fucked up from that abuse that you wouldn’t expect it to be functional or know what to do when you’re not around right? So fucked up it wouldn't know what to do with the stress and couldn't relax right?

(and those are dogs, not super-human immortal women so strong they completely trivialize the women who are supposed to be the peak of humanity in this).
What you're describing is mania. Not obediance. If its mania, logically, it should be called mania.
And using your same logic with the supernatural immortal women? Why do they trivialize themselves with mundane things in the first place? They don't need to breathe with their bodies as evidenced in the text with certain commanders? It's almost as they were normal people before they became these super powerful women. People. People have psyches no matter how powerful they are and those psyches are susceptible to the very things you exploit as a demon lord.

The point is they’re so abused and fucked up they don’t know what to do when you’re not around. They will follow your orders, they are wholly obedient, but after all they've experienced you think they'll be alright in the head just because they're immortal? Their mentality may change once they became chosen but from literally playing the game you can see they still normal human being, you corrupt them with those very same aspects. If anything they're stability should crack even more considering they feel pain despite not dying from any of it.

Calling mania isn't right because what if they're on the low-end of the obedience values? It won't make any sense that way either, obedience is following orders they wouldn't normally do but they do so because you ordered them to and what limits their tolerance of it is their personality themselves, which coincidentally goes away the more their obedience rises, something you notice when you ask the forsaken about herself or her philosophy at that stage.

Design-wise it makes sense because it's a deterrent from trying to defeat the team of chosen the same way and making the game boring, you want a specific type of forsaken? corrupt the team in a certain way and go from there, it's the next difficulty curve after the initial one, where the objective was to simple win a loop and convert your chosen to forsaken, to now, how can you convert them the way you want/need to?

Stamina and Motivation costs are understandable since they're designed as characters, unlike commander bodies and gameplay-wise they're better than the commanders in terms of flexibility, utility, duration, and number of times they can capture a chosen, of course there needs to be some drawbacks to consider, otherwise you would never need to use more than one or two forsaken or have to resort to using commander bodies ever again

If I want a forsaken at 100% obedience then I'll use the negotiation distortion and keep her hostility low, trying not to break morality too much as a chosen. What if I don't want to do it that way and I don't want to do negotiation? Instead maybe aversion or just breaking everything on that forsaken? Now I can use the forsaken punishers to offset the those drawbacks from having high values now or increasing her stamina regen or max stamina. If I want to avoid raising her obedience with training I need to? Then I make sure she develops friendships with her team so I have more leverage of her.

And to me that's fun because the difficulty no longer is in if I understand the mechanics and corrupt the chosen enough to win and now the difficulty is in how well I know the mechanics and how can I get the chosen just the way I want them as forsaken.
And that's why I've been playing the game for almost a year now and I don't get tired of it.

And it flows back into the main concept of the game, plan your actions out.

I get it if you don't like it, not every game is for everyone, but that doesn't make the design choices bad simply because they're not suited for you. I'm not even saying your reasoning is flawed in terms of what obedience means. Some games maxing out a stat or value is the desired outcome no matter what.

But in this game that's what obedience means in that context and you can call my logic whack or whatever but I understand what it means and the context around it, otherwise it would have been brought way more and way earlier than this.

But that's just my piece on this, if you feel this way so emphatically, be my guest, I don't give a shit to the point where it's my mission to convince you. I just enjoy the erotic video game where I corrupt mah magical girls

DrHojo123

Mar 20, 2021
If you mean you want to use one of the portrait packs for custom chosen names you can either rename one of the names already in the pack to the one you want or the better option is to just duplicate the one you want and rename it that way :D
Am I missing something? I copied the folder renamed it Poison Mask and changed the images but nothing is showing up still is it because I made the character before the pack or is it because you can't have spaces in the name?

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
How do I use Friendship to gain obedience, I have a +3 bonus at most with one but the other friend have a +20 bonus.
They look at each other's Obedience scores in order to determine how big a bonus they get. If one Forsaken has very high Obedience, then her friends will decide that you're abusing her, and the bonus will get lower or go negative.
I may be a bit late but I agree!
Karnewarrior Tempting them all at once is a good idea, or at least doing it to the one that is having a relationship event from it. I don't know have the specifics down on which distortion will have relationship events with which chosen but I do know if the event functions similarly to vulnerability break events where it will be a positive event if the who causes the event is distorted last and it will be a negative event if the one who causes the event is the first one to have the distortion
I can add a bit more information here. The Distortion scenes work just like the regular Vulnerability Break scenes except that they fire when either of the related Vulnerabilities are Core. So, because Tempt is the Morality/Confidence Distortion, it results in a scene when the subject has either Core Morality or Core Confidence, and the second Chosen will be the one with the corresponding Minor Vulnerability. If the subject has both Core Morality and Core Confidence, and if Minor Morality and Minor Confidence belong to two different partners, then the scene will involve all three Chosen.
So minor bug, male Chosen has a clit.
Thanks for catching this, it's fixed in the current release.
how do I make my custom choosens appear in campaign?
If they show up under the "Custom Chosen" heading when you start the campaign, they're guaranteed to show up eventually, and at least one will show up in every loop. However, because of the rules that ensure a balanced team, they might not be able to show up all together in the same loop. Also, Custom Superior Chosen won't show up until loop 3.
What kind of whacked logic do you operate on? Its 100% obediance. "compliance with an order, request, or law or submission to another's authority.". You can be 100% obediant in real life. Many dogs are. Do they recover 1% of their stamina compared to a feral dog per day? No. Because they don't think about the person they're obediant to 100% of the time to the point they literally degrade to the point of being objectively inferior to a regular person (and those are dogs, not super-human immortal women so strong they completely trivialize the women who are supposed to be the peak of humanity in this).

What part of this design adds literally anything fun to the game? I can just train another girl as much as I want with no reprucisions at all (as with everything in this game) to skip infinite days if I really want to. Its not something I'd ever want to do. Except to deal with the baffling confusing to charge me stamina and obedience (among other things) to use a girl at all, but then also have stamina get hurt by obedience, and obedience almost instantly shoot up if you do any of the actions that you need to in order to get the girls to do any of their actions this update is about, on top of also needing massive obedience to do half of those actions to begin with, to the point I can max obedience in literally 2 actions on a completely fresh girl. 2 actions. With seemingly no way to lower it.
Its just even more padding the game with endless repetitions of the same few actions, except now you can permanently screw up with insane ease.
Being able to mindbreak the heroines until they're nothing but breeding stock seems like a pretty important element of the genre.
oof, I'm definitely rusty. I did a campaign and barely got to loop 3 xD

I was thinking about making a community guide, but it will have to wait until I get the grasp of the game again xD

Also, when I negotiate it doesn't increase the % resolve damage.
Thanks for the bug report, it's fixed in the current release.
Am I missing something? I copied the folder renamed it Poison Mask and changed the images but nothing is showing up still is it because I made the character before the pack or is it because you can't have spaces in the name?
I can confirm that spaces in the names work, at least on Windows. Are the default portraits working?

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Yes the default ones work is their anything spefic I need to do the get them work?
Could you post a screenshot of the name of the character in-game and the folder with pack? It would be helpful to see if there is
any difference in the name, when I'm testing character designs I typically highlight the name in the game and copy it and rename the folder that way in case I can't see the naming difference myself until then haha

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
I can add a bit more information here. The Distortion scenes work just like the regular Vulnerability Break scenes except that they fire when either of the related Vulnerabilities are Core. So, because Tempt is the Morality/Confidence Distortion, it results in a scene when the subject has either Core Morality or Core Confidence, and the second Chosen will be the one with the corresponding Minor Vulnerability. If the subject has both Core Morality and Core Confidence, and if Minor Morality and Minor Confidence belong to two different partners, then the scene will involve all three Chosen.
Woah, all three? I've never gotten that before.

...Damn, dude. Now I've gotta see it.

Reactions: Kalloi and tpk
Apr 24, 2020
I've got a pregnancy themed expansion in the works. I have a major professional exam in April, so between exam preparation and work I have very limited time that I want to set aside for this atm, and probably won't have any release until May. Those who are very curious can follow along here:
Seems like that's live now, another tag to the game?

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
Being able to mindbreak the heroines until they're nothing but breeding stock seems like a pretty important element of the genre.
And this has... what to do with what I said? Nothing in the game right now implies a 100% obedience girl is 'nothing but breeding stock'. If that's all I wanted, in-universe, there are plenty of non-superpowered women to use. You're raising obedience to use them to fight. That's the entire point of this system the last 5 or so updates focussed on. That can become basically unuseable in as little as 2 (two) actions.
Its not fun, it makes no sense and it'd be cool if you'd at least read my post before responding.

Name36346

Oct 27, 2021
And this has... what to do with what I said? Nothing in the game right now implies a 100% obedience girl is 'nothing but breeding stock'. If that's all I wanted, in-universe, there are plenty of non-superpowered women to use. You're raising obedience to use them to fight. That's the entire point of this system the last 5 or so updates focussed on. That can become basically unuseable in as little as 2 (two) actions.
Its not fun, it makes no sense and it'd be cool if you'd at least read my post before responding.
Again, you cling to literal meaning of the word and ignore everything written in the guide and earlier answers.
Read.The.Freaking.Manual. It answers what that (and others) stats do. It clearly states that raising corruptions comes with detriments. You raised. Detriments appeared. What are you crying about?
This is an already coded mechanic and not going to change because of your opinion on stats name. Script has priority over wishes. It same as crying that characters from TV show didn't do what you wanted them to.
And if you actually read everything but still clinging to your wrong interpretation - thats nobody but yours fault. How about arguments, just why dev need to change working things on a merely singular whim? Since nobody else ran into such misreadings and game already had plenty of players, including new ones.
And if you think its an important issue and want to be constructive instead of harassing, give us example of your term, that, in your eyes, properly reflects in-the-guide meaning. So far you just making a fool of yourself.

Reactions: Kalloi and tpk

Niyebe

Jan 27, 2021
Dang, saw how personality changes each Forsaken Punisher effect and now I’m tempted to remake my main Forsaken.

An Investigative Hypnotist could be very fun for messing around long term.

If I could get a line of Redeeming Publicists somehow I could make some absurdly powerful Forsaken. Would take quite awhile and some luck to pan out.

ninjafire2788

Jan 10, 2020
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in an attempt to learn the game, I downloaded Kallois portrait pack, and saw the tutorial with the imported save. Imported the save, started up, and as soon as I finished the first encounter, no matter what, I would click continue and be have no options at the bottom of my screen unless I resized the window, where I could once again choose what upgrade I wanted. However, upon choosing any upgrade, but in this case physic reading, and clicking confirm, I can again no longer click any option at the bottom of the screen, one is blue and neither are clickable. Upon trying the same resize the window trick, It got rid of the continue and cancel button completely, and I was unable to do anything with my window to get any button back. On a normal campaign however, I can get past day 1 easily and buy upgrades no problem. I think there's something wrong with importing or exporting saves.

Niyebe

Jan 27, 2021
Welp, started a campaign with 6 Redeeming Publicists and my main Forsaken. If I can’t get the minimum Disgrace I can at 6 RP then I’m gonna scream.

Though honestly I have a feeling I severely underestimated how many I needed.

• Haha
Reactions: tpk and Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in an attempt to learn the game, I downloaded Kallois portrait pack, and saw the tutorial with the imported save. Imported the save, started up, and as soon as I finished the first encounter, no matter what, I would click continue and be have no options at the bottom of my screen unless I resized the window, where I could once again choose what upgrade I wanted. However, upon choosing any upgrade, but in this case physic reading, and clicking confirm, I can again no longer click any option at the bottom of the screen, one is blue and neither are clickable. Upon trying the same resize the window trick, It got rid of the continue and cancel button completely, and I was unable to do anything with my window to get any button back. On a normal campaign however, I can get past day 1 easily and buy upgrades no problem. I think there's something wrong with importing or exporting saves.
Just tried to replicate what you were talking about and I got the same issue as you, I'll message CSdev over on subscribestar about the issue.

Also ty for trying out my portrait pack and my guide! I'm working on the next release of it soonish, although I have already uploaded a 4.5 version to accomadate the name changes in the latest release haha

Reactions: ninjafire2788
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes