PixelLewd

Jan 31, 2022
It's bit hard to say directly each one but I can give a general run-down based on my experience working on my portrait pack and drawing designs based on those personalities.

And I'll also include it in a spoiler warning for those who want keep the personality variations a secret and mystery to them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And if you want, I can also provide a list of the names and the vulnerabilites tied to them for you, this is the updated list CSDev gave me for the name generation change and so they are a lot more consistent than before. Combined with making custom chosen with direct input mode in the campaign mode menu it'll be easy to test out 3 different personality types at a time if you'd like
Thank you for taking the time to respond and providing what information you could. Also, would that list of the names and their respective vunerabilities be different to another one that is posted somewhere in this thread?

Reactions: Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to respond and providing what information you could. Also, would that list of the names and their respective vunerabilities be different to another one that is posted somewhere in this thread?
No worries! I'm just happy to help out :D

If it's the list I post on here last time and it should look something like this (Excuse some of the extra notation haha)

Then yes that is the old list, and names like "Vanilla" and "Chocolate are no longer present in the current name pool so that's probably a better indicator haha

The new list looks something like this.

Reactions: tpk and PixelLewd

Celebrius

Mar 7, 2019
Just want to pop in and say this game is actually pretty incredible. Soaked up several days for me. Took me a few tries but by the time I was finally figuring it out I got all 3 Chosen. Took a lot of early-game restarts and then just sticking with one until things clicked. Couldn't get any T4 breaks that one.

Next game was much more successful. Realistically I probably could have won on Day 46, and should have, but I didn't know the extra days are given to Training. Save scumming felt like it was pretty much a must. especially early/mid-game. Found myself doing it a lot from days 12-25. I just consider it using "time bending" powers to go back a day. After the first "orgy" though, completely obliterated angst. Made the last T3 breaks extremely chaotic but it was fun. Game becomes significantly easier imo the further along the corruption is.

Forsaken training is super confusing, though. Thanks for the write-ups Kalloi. Two of my chosen are double damage (HATE/PLEA) (PLEA/EXPO). Any advice on what to do with them? I'm not too sure what "Expertise" does. From what I can tell it just increases damage of a certain type and increases with training types, so if I'm reading it correctly I could turn my (HATE/PLEA) into (HATE/EXPO) with the right training?

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: tpk and Kalloi
Jun 21, 2020
Are all the fonts supposed to look like utter shit or is my java setup fucked somehow? They're nigh unreadable.

EDIT: Upon further investigation it appears that my java setup was, in fact, fucked. Disregard this. Actually disregarding things I say is a good policy in general.

PS: If your Java setup is also fucked, and you're running some *nix variant, try setting $_JAVA_OPTIONS to something like:
export _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=gasp"

I'll see myself out now.

Last edited:
Reactions: tpk

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Just want to pop in and say this game is actually pretty incredible. Soaked up several days for me. Took me a few tries but by the time I was finally figuring it out I got all 3 Chosen. Took a lot of early-game restarts and then just sticking with one until things clicked. Couldn't get any T4 breaks that one.

Next game was much more successful. Realistically I probably could have won on Day 46, and should have, but I didn't know the extra days are given to Training. Save scumming felt like it was pretty much a must. especially early/mid-game. Found myself doing it a lot from days 12-25. I just consider it using "time bending" powers to go back a day. After the first "orgy" though, completely obliterated angst. Made the last T3 breaks extremely chaotic but it was fun. Game becomes significantly easier imo the further along the corruption is.

Forsaken training is super confusing, though. Thanks for the write-ups Kalloi. Two of my chosen are double damage (HATE/PLEA) (PLEA/EXPO). Any advice on what to do with them? I'm not too sure what "Expertise" does. From what I can tell it just increases damage of a certain type and increases with training types, so if I'm reading it correctly I could turn my (HATE/PLEA) into (HATE/EXPO) with the right training?
Yay! I’m really happy you’re enjoying the game so far and congratulations on your victory as well! Getting the hang of the game is huge undertaking but you once you get the flow down, loops and what you need to do will feel much easier, and that’s when you’ll be able to plan out how you want your forsaken to be as soon as they all show up as chosen, especially since you managed to get an orgy off, getting one of those is the turning point in just about every loop imo so being able to do it consistently to teams is a good goal to shoot for next!

And I'm glad my write-up was helpful! I know training has learning curve almost on the same level as the core game so I want to my best to help out when I can

It’s really dope to hear that you have two forsaken with double damage as well! The main thing to note is the EE it costs to deploy them.

Fighting styles and the damage output scale with EE so the more it cost to send them out, the more damage they’ll do, including their defilers damage output and the bonuses from their punisher positions

However, having high EE cost will mean two damage fighting styles will be less effective for forsaken, meaning if those forsaken of yours cost a lot of EE to send out, it’s better to switch their fighting style to a 3-4 damage fighting style

I wouldn’t say I have a specific point for each but I found the recommended range of them doing good damage relative to their EE Deployment is something like this.

Below 5 definitely 1 Damage fighting style only

5-12 EE = 1-2 Damage fighting styles (3 damage fighting styles are slightly more okay if they are distortion/superior forsaken

12-30 = 2-3 Damage fighting styles

30-50ish = 3 Damage fighting styles only

50+ = 4 Damage fighting styles only

The last bit I’m still testing the minimum sweet spot where only 4 Damage fighting styles are the Best.

And yes you’ll be able to train your HATE/PLEA forsaken into HATE/EXPO no problem! (Unless she’s too horny lol)

Expertise does two things, increase the damage for that damage type on that forsaken and is how you change fighting styles.

The higher the expertise is the more damage it does and the higher the expertise of some damage types is compared to the others is what determines if the forsaken fighting style is and if it switches

So if a forsaken has like 50k Hate expertise, 30k Pleasure expertise, 25k INJU expertise, and 20k exposure expertise she would most likely have a Hate or HATE/PLEA based fighting style

And one thing with expertise is, if the expertise experience is too low for a training action to actually add expertise, what will instead happen is it will divert expertise from the stats not raised from the training action

Ie. If your trained forsaken has all of her stats at around 100k each then you do a low level training action, something like pheromone curse that’s HATE/PLEA iirc then instead of gaining expertise experience, it’s just going to divert the expertise from INJU and EXPO into HATE and pleasure.

This is still good if you want to change fighting styles since doing enough of certain actions over and over will divert enough expertise to make her change fighting styles

So two good things to remember:

At a certain point low tier training actions will stop giving you expertise and start diverting them from the expertise not apart of the training action

At a certain point Only high tier actions will give you expertise experience

So if you focus on training actions that give out a lot expertise experience and try to raise only her hate and expo expertise eventually she will switch to the an HATE/EXPO style, depending on how high her PLEA expertise she might switch to HATE/PLEA/EXPO before that but if you come up with a good routine that raises her HATE and EXPO more than anything else each training session then you should be good in the end.

And for training forsake out of fighting styles, one thing I recommend is ending the training early if you run out of training actions that increase the expertise of damage you want to raise especially for fighting styles. If you try to go beyond that, you may be giving yourself extra work by putting expertise into stats you don’t want or worse, diverting expertise from the stats you’re trying to raise in the first place, so try to keep it concise as much as possible, only doing 1-2 low stamina cost hostility actions before training the main stats you want since hostility based training actions adds a multiplier but also increase stamina costs for training actions, this is mostly for training stats that are a bit harder to raise like pleasure and one other that I can’t recall right now

For that forsaken try using the broadcast training action first if it doesn’t raise her corruption values outside the range you want her and prioritize raising EXPO up and avoiding PLEA when you can, INJU might be okay if it’s raising her EXPO but try not to do it as much as HATE/EXPO

If you’re able to do an final tier training action like Grand concert that could be good but beware it could raise her disgrace out of the range you want and the amount of expertise may change her fighting style to a 1-damage EXPO fighting style so save scum is your friend in testing that out haha

And try to find a specific set of training actions or routine so it won’t feel like you’re just doing random things because I did that in the past and I think that’s why it took me so long to get used to training forsaken haha

I hope this helps! :D

Last edited:

Celebrius

Mar 7, 2019
Wow thank you! This is a massive help, I didn't even think about the EE deployment and how it will relate to when I'll be able to send them out. I'm actually going to need to do some experimenting but I think now I can at least formulate a plan for what I want to do long-term. For example, my HATE/PLEA Forsaken is a 31 cost so I should work on getting her to around 3 (I think I'll do HATE/PLEA/INJU) but my PLEA/INJU one is only 9 cost. Also, the talk about training is huge, I didn't get it with how the guide was written but you helped me get the multi-training effects to click. I'll be back with results, I hope!

What's even more hilariously appealing to me is that training Forsaken adds another level of corruption onto the already massive corruption-based gameplay from actually fighting them. Definitely loving the double-down on it.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

cyborg73

Apr 27, 2017
Is there a way to disable pre-broken vulnerabilities (maybe by generating a specific team of chosen), or somehow overcome them and force a distortion?

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
Is there a way to disable pre-broken vulnerabilities (maybe by generating a specific team of chosen), or somehow overcome them and force a distortion?
well, you can create a custom team or chosen (in campaing), then select the vulnerabilities to be broken (or not, as that is what you want).

sadly, I don't think there is some way to make sure that ALL of the chosen don't spawn with broken vulnerabilities.

ninjafire2788

Jan 10, 2020
1654544352671.png I dont think ive seen it reported yet, but I got a typo in the total dignity break using parasitism. The second paragraph, when it talks about her infested garb. (herinfested)

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
Man, I am out of practice... Trying to do a campaign run after putting the game down for several months, and I haven't even gotten a Tier 4 break by day 45. At least I've gotten a Chosen onto the Negotiation distortion... On day 44... Woof.

zertyx23

Jan 16, 2020
I got this three forsaken after wining, Any advice on how I should train them ? The tempted was bitter enemy with the two others and the two others are best friends.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I got this three forsaken after wining, Any advice on how I should train them ? The tempted was bitter enemy with the two others and the two others are best friends.
Congratz on your win! :D What you should do with your forsaken depends on the forsaken you currently have in the campaign and what sort of things you're lacking in terms of early/mid/late game stage options for your forsaken

Hmm, the tempted one may a bit harder to work with , she doesn't have any friends you can use as leverage over her, you're going to have to raise her deviancy as much as you can to get her willing to do Install Fixation on her, and also raising her obedience as close as you can to the limit so you won't have the obedience penalty which happens at low obedience levels.

Luckily Drain Soul is a good way to instill obedience with the added perk of not needing her consent and it adding a defiler onto her (Torture) which is better than no defiler at all.

One thing I did discover recently was if you end up going past the 40% obedience requirement she doesn't lose her trait entirely, she loses the decreased motivation usage and damage buffs but she can still learn the tempt defiler action unique to tempted chosen, so if you want to have her a chosen that tempts chosen more than the buffs you can trade off that way.

Chosen 3 has a pretty good spread, her deviancy is pretty high so you might have to rely on using hostility-based training actions in the beginning of her training sessions to get some decent expertise experience from her, otherwise her fighting style is good for her disgrace range, I assume it costs maybe 30-100 EE to deploy her? if it's beyond 50 or so, try either getting her to a 4 damage fighting style or raising her disgrace to maybe the 60% range but not past it since the 70% since she'll be too cheap to keep 3 styles on her. HATE/INJU/PLEA is pretty good especially since you'll need to use hostility actions in the beginning anyway, if you have any other preferences at least try to keep one of the styles as HATE for this one. With her best friend as leverage you might be able to do a grand concert to get her disgrace down really low if you need to, otherwise broadcast and such should be good. Inseminate/Torture/ or Force orgasm would be good on her as defilers

And chosen 1 seems like a good range to use in the early parts of an loop from her high disgrace and INJU/EXPO style. And her stats are pretty good for recovery and getting proper expertise try to focus on getting her INJU and EXPO expertise and maintain that style while also raising her damage output, either Torture or Broadcast would be good defilers for her with broadcast depending the buff her obedience is getting from friendship.

Honestly try to keep keep her corruption values as close to what they are now with, maybe potentially lowering her disgrace to 70% if she's the only low cost forsaken you have in your run so far, since her mid-range obedience requirement means she'll get her stamina back pretty quickly and her mid-hostlity means her motivation cost is a decent level and her tantrums won't be as vicious.

And in terms of forsaken, it's good to have a variety in terms of their corruption values and their styles, different chosen personalities and teams might require different forsaken, INJU/EXPO is really good but against a chosen who has Confidence
as a core it might do almost nothing to her INJU-wise unless you target one of her friends first. And both INJU/EXPO and HATE/EXPO might be pointless against a chosen with both Morality and Confidence as a core so good to keep a wide variety of forsaken at different stages of the game.

Overall a good spread! I don't know the punishers you can have on those but keep them in mind if you increase their disgrace.
I hope this helps!

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Man, I am out of practice... Trying to do a campaign run after putting the game down for several months, and I haven't even gotten a Tier 4 break by day 45. At least I've gotten a Chosen onto the Negotiation distortion... On day 44... Woof.
Lol I wouldn't worry too much about it, once you get back into the groove of it I'm sure you'll be hitting those high points again! :D

And negotiation is a bit easier to hit once you can get an 3-4 turn orgy on the team, it varies but either using a forsaken or a HATE/INJU commander body with versality and 2+ capture charges helps me out at times. Some team combinations still fuck me up tho haha

Reactions: BerglorMan94

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
If this is campaign, I'd say sacrifice chosen 3 to get the +1 EE and mainly train the tempted one in expo.

I think you could raise the disgrace a bit (70% or 80%) to have an easy use, but I shouldn't risk it raising more from this.

for a bit of basic information:

Chosen 3 is already high in deviancy, which is considered bad for training. She is the one that is not that good in this batch.

Chosen 1 has a balanced corruption which allows you to transform her into any sort of commander you may need. I would recommend keeping INJU/EXPO, but just because I like more the specific damage forsaken.

And chosen 2, already has the trait, and the level of corruption is not that bad. the only bad side is the 3 type damage, but can fix it.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Wow thank you! This is a massive help, I didn't even think about the EE deployment and how it will relate to when I'll be able to send them out. I'm actually going to need to do some experimenting but I think now I can at least formulate a plan for what I want to do long-term. For example, my HATE/PLEA Forsaken is a 31 cost so I should work on getting her to around 3 (I think I'll do HATE/PLEA/INJU) but my PLEA/INJU one is only 9 cost. Also, the talk about training is huge, I didn't get it with how the guide was written but you helped me get the multi-training effects to click. I'll be back with results, I hope!

What's even more hilariously appealing to me is that training Forsaken adds another level of corruption onto the already massive corruption-based gameplay from actually fighting them. Definitely loving the double-down on it.
Sorry for the late response, I'm finishing up the last designs on my portrait pack as well a some extra bits to add to the full version but I wholeheartedly agree! It really recontextualizes how you look at loop and the chosen you're going up against, instead of looking at their vulnerabilities and thinking the best way to beat them, you're now looking at how those vulnerabilties and relationships will make them as forsaken. Instead of wanting to wipe the floor with them you want to act with more precision, making the game more challenging once the first learning curve is past you, and I'm glad to help! :D CSDev is thinking about some interface changes to the training that will hopefully be more intuitive in terms of fighting styles and training them so maybe that will help with making training objectives more definable and understandable. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know! Right now I'm writing up a little tutorial for training forsaken and I have an example forsaken and scenario created to highlight one of the benefits of a forsaken with a well matched-fighting style and the impact it can have on loops so hopefully it'll be helpful.

So yea! be sure to let me know your progress when you get comfortable with the training mechanics! It's really dope to see people here progress and get a better handle on the game so I'm always down to witness it :D

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
Lol I wouldn't worry too much about it, once you get back into the groove of it I'm sure you'll be hitting those high points again! :D

And negotiation is a bit easier to hit once you can get an 3-4 turn orgy on the team, it varies but either using a forsaken or a HATE/INJU commander body with versality and 2+ capture charges helps me out at times. Some team combinations still fuck me up tho haha
Yeah I started to lose track of the days after the interview. I got too sloppy and ended up wasting too many days. I at least captured Faith (the negotiation chosen) so it wasn't a complete wash. That said, they're completely unusable at a hefty 330 EE to deploy XD
Gonna see if I can tighten up my gameplay in loop 2. I need me a low cost forsaken and some time to train Faith into someone deployable. Or maybe I'll just crash and burn, who knows?

• Red Heart

Celebrius

Mar 7, 2019
Some team combinations still fuck me up tho haha
Loop 2 I'm with Midnight/Pain on the same team and omg this is so hard. Both of Midnight's cores are Pain's already broken minors. I'm struggling here but I did manage to get one of my low-cost Forsaken to HATE/EXPO. Third try on Loop 2. I will persist!

• Red Heart
Reactions: tpk and Kalloi
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes