Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Honestly, I'm kinda skeptical about that whole remark.

It kinda seems like she's painting not building the temple as it's own path when...well, that path doesn't really exist. There's no difference besides not having the temple, no actual content, and no real confirmation of any upcoming content, ever. Kinda feels like Alypia was just spitballing there to make an argument.

Just feels like reach, or at least something g very unlikely ever to come to fruition.

Reactions: yuzuyo

yuzuyo

Jan 31, 2022
Cait is probably what Savin is into. She's almost exactly like Anno, another character made by him. I guess HE could think of them as waifu, but most people wouldn't.

Cait is constantly affectionate and has some sweet scenes, but she's still a harlot that sleeps around. Having some cute moments doesn't cut it for me nearly enough to consider those as mixed signals.

If it's anything Skandranon said, though, that reinforces my idea of her not being anything near a waifu.

But then again, waifu is not an objective term by any means.

Last edited:

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Cait is probably what Savin is into. She's almost exactly like Anno, another character made by him. I guess HE could think of them as waifu, but most people wouldn't.
Blasphemy.

Anno is a MUCH better character than Cait. By far. Every aspect of her is handled better, including her relationship with the PC. Pretty sure everyone wants to marry Anno, its one of the most requested developments Ive seen since TiTs started.

And I don't even dislike Cait really, I just think she's a bit boring, but they are pretty different, certainly quality wise.

Last edited:

yuzuyo

Jan 31, 2022
I like her too. She's extremely similar to Cait in how she handles sleeping around, though. That's what I think Savin likes specifically.

She's not tied to religion, so at least there's something to work with and move forward. I don't think she'll ever dump Kaede, though, so anyone hoping for something vanilla will probably never receive.

And while Cait IS boring, I think she's more affectionate than Anno. Granted I haven't played the game properly ever since they binned Flash, so I may not be remembering that correctly.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I like her too. She's extremely similar to Cait in how she handles sleeping around, though. That's what I think Savin likes specifically.

She's not tied to religion, so at least there's something to work with and move forward. I don't think she'll ever dump Kaede, though, so anyone hoping for something vanilla will probably never receive.

And while Cait IS boring, I think she's more affectionate than Anno. Granted I haven't played the game properly ever since they binned Flash, so I may not be remembering that correctly.
I think the big difference is that sleeping around isn't the main (or only) aspect to Anno's character. Anno is a science nerd, forst and foremost, and that comes through pretty strongly.

Cait is supposed to be really into history, I think? And magic? But that never comes across. She rarely has any aspect to her personality besides "friendly" and "slutty".

And Anno shows she can handle relationships. She has a girlfriend she's very happy with and we see then together. Kaede is clearly thinking about getting them married. We're also shown, from her parents, what a healthy relationship with Ausar can look like.

Cait just wasn't written with any nuance. Anno is a character that happens to be also be slutty, Cait is a slut with some character traits tacked on.

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Honestly, I'm kinda skeptical about that whole remark.

It kinda seems like she's painting not building the temple as it's own path when...well, that path doesn't really exist. There's no difference besides not having the temple, no actual content, and no real confirmation of any upcoming content, ever. Kinda feels like Alypia was just spitballing there to make an argument.

Just feels like reach, or at least something g very unlikely ever to come to fruition.
Hey, I'm all willing to believe the staff is just blowing smoke up our asses about our relationship with Cait being deeper than fuckbuddies, but obviously this isn't something that the audience just made up on our own. At first she was just the resident slut but then they add things like her apparently saving her anal virginity for someone special as if she wouldn't have had that blown out years ago, this whole temple nonsense, cringeshit like thanking her father for having her, and having groping her as the "corrupt" action. They want their cake and to eat it covered by strangers' semen too.

• Haha
Reactions: yuzuyo

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Hey, I'm all willing to believe the staff is just blowing smoke up our asses about our relationship with Cait being deeper than fuckbuddies,
Point of order: Alypia isn't staff. "Just" a community writer, like B. I'm not sure how much she actually knows about future plans.

It's why I pointed out earlier Savins lack of response and talking about an actual Cait marriage: Alypias words don't hold quite as much weight, I think.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
While we're comparing slutcats and slutdogs I think Savin is into THICCNESS considering Leothran Cait and Huskar Anno are relatively easy TFs the player can choose for both characters (not that I'm complaining mind you, infact I tend to always TF those two in every playthrough I do.)

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
View attachment 3183183
Seems someone isn't aware of the planned marriage content for Cait or the general thinking behind her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so to paraphrase what devs say about cait
paraphrasing devs on cait said:
If you love a woman and want to marry her. Make sure to keep her poor so she can't follow her dreams of becoming a whore.
My sides are in orbit

Its not like you convince her or corrupt her into running a temple brothel. You just allow her to have enough money to follow her dreams.

Also... brothel? what happened to it being a TEMPLE.
Because remember cait is a victim of the groomer religion in the game. And believes herself to be a priestess of whores.

Last edited:

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Point of order: Alypia isn't staff. "Just" a community writer, like B. I'm not sure how much she actually knows about future plans.

It's why I pointed out earlier Savins lack of response and talking about an actual Cait marriage: Alypias words don't hold quite as much weight, I think.
Potayto, potahto. She's prolific enough and outspoken enough on behind the scenes stuff to not be immediately disregarded simply because it's convenient. If her claims were that wild, I doubt Savin would stay mum about all the stuff she says on the regular. Hell, Savin liked that specific post of hers so obviously he's aware of it and agrees with it.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Potayto, potahto. She's prolific enough and outspoken enough on behind the scenes stuff to not be immediately disregarded simply because it's convenient. If her claims were that wild, I doubt Savin would stay mum about all the stuff she says on the regular. Hell, Savin liked that specific post of hers so obviously he's aware of it and agrees with it.
Why wouldn't he? It's a post defending the staffs work.

Maintaining the idea that some paths are going to be built out at some nebulous point in the future by not saying anything concrete about them is what they've done for the length of the whole game. Letting Alypia say it and not weighing in gives him plausible deniability when it inevitably doesn't happen.

I think non-staff members are clearly on a different level of treatment than staff. See also: Brihaus getting pushed through (Savin didn't even read it he claims) and B's genie sitting in the review queue for 9 months (and B's been around far longer than Wsan OR Alypia).

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Maintaining the idea that some paths are going to be built out at some nebulous point in the future by not saying anything concrete about them is what they've done for the length of the whole game. Letting Alypia say it and not weighing in gives him plausible deniability when it inevitably doesn't happen.
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 21-56-12 Your gripes with CoC II.png
Want to try again? I know you're the resident advocate for them, but sometimes it really boggles me the lengths you'll go to excuse their shenanigans. You're basically saying "they've made false promises before, so you shouldn't expect shit!" You're right, but I'm still going to call them out for it.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
View attachment 3183909
Want to try again? I know you're the resident advocate for them, but sometimes it really boggles me the lengths you'll go to excuse their shenanigans. You're basically saying "they've made false promises before, so you shouldn't expect shit!" You're right, but I'm still going to call them out for it.

Advocating for them? How did you get that at all?

I said was Alypia probably doesn't know what she's talking about, and Savin is willing to let people believe whatever and will probably not flesh out an alternate path, because they rarely do.

How do you flip-flop that into excusing them for anything?

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Honestly Cait sluttery could have zero impact on her relationships with player, if handled properly.
Consider this sequence
Cait spent her entire life in sex temple, learning how to pleasure pp -> got into a this game (hard pressing F) -> lost sister -> meet player -> step on the road of adventures, to put down demons and their supporters -> remembered that she was sent here to built a temple of sex (thats not the actual reason why shes there, IIRC, but whatever) -> after building is built she goes inside for a usual, for her, activity -> spends there X time -> slow realization that player cares about her more than just a piece of meat with a hole in it, like everybody else in the temple (agreed to help her get he sister back, built temple, general 'people become closer to each other after passing trials of fate together') -> expresses her feelings to player (optionally after Y time, with some/lots of reflection) -> 'but Im a SLUT, anonname!!!!! what do you think about that????' -> roundabout crossroad here

'Yes, you are slut, but you MY slut' -> vanilla path, she drops her semi regular sluttery but shes still is a highly professional slut (means kinky, messy sex)
'Yes, are are slut, but its hot and spicy' -> she keeps going on a regular gangbangs on CD, but player now can be included in them and/or her pussy now is players personal property and/or player impregnates her to and/or lots of other variants
'Yes, and thats a problem!!!!! Hard pass for me!!!!!' -> kittycat is still with player but thats the end of her path

I spent like ten minutes on it. Does that mean Im better writer than a semi professional smut writer with 40K benjamins income?

Last edited:

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Advocating for them? How did you get that at all?

I said was Alypia probably doesn't know what she's talking about, and Savin is willing to let people believe whatever and will probably not flesh out an alternate path, because they rarely do.

How do you flip-flop that into excusing them for anything?
By you beginning all of this by trying to "uh ackchyually" use Alypia's status as a community writer to downplay what she said and coming up with this goalpost move that Savin didn't personally say it, which I just invalidated as well. Either it's you trying to excuse Savin or being a pedantic asshole. I don't know which one you prefer.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Question about Brints marriage: does it present the champion overtly feminine?

And how is Briennes for that matter?

glygoch

Apr 27, 2017
Question about marriage: Why is this concept even in the game? It has quite literally no meaning. At least not in any way for which marriage has historically evolved.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes