Basty96

May 4, 2017
I recall that Wsan once mentioned that there would be new content for the dryads where we would get to dominate Orlaith or something. Whatever happened to that, does anyone have any information?

Some old posts from Wsan state that Evelyn and Orlaith are bound for an update but no new mentions. Then again the guy can't even get the fucking Brihouse shit done.
yes shit on the guy that's doing Khor Minos, Brihouse and other stuff alone

Gar1

Nov 5, 2017
yes shit on the guy that's doing Khor Minos, Brihouse and other stuff alone
I'll be honest I don't understand why wsan has this golden boy status on this site.
Of course opinions vary, but as a regular boring straight guy, the only two things he's written for KM that both appealed to me and that I liked in the last year and a half were Brihouse, which was good but short, blatantly unfinished and you can't even repeat the scenes there (and this has remained that way for a fucking year) + two thirds of Brihouses word count was spent on two different female PC routes; and the other was the milkbarn girls, which while the scenes were good, the characters themselves are just wasted potential since they're stuck in one of the cities three whorehouses (why did KM need a whorehouse, a bathhouse, and a milkbarn anyways when they're all functionally the same?).

I''ll give him credit for writing one of the handful of decent characters in the game in the form of brienne, but I'm also not gonna pretend his shit is gold. I know this is the hottest of hot takes here, but a good 90% of what he writes in general has zero appeal to me and while the following is definitely true to a lesser degree for him than some other people on the team, he's been as guilty of fucking up his characters for no reason (anyone remember eltharas 2021 mayternity?) and being an arrogant dickhead (just look at his response to the berwyn fiasco) like any other writer for this game, except for maybe some of the community writers.

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
Uh, yes, I'll actually do that. The guy can't make a priority list to save his life. I love wsan as much as the next guy but let's not deify him just because the rest of the savin team is so shit.
Coping mechanism
people still hoping that this game turn over a new leaf
that is why they keep clinging to a decent things on this fucking project

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
I'll be honest I don't understand why wsan has this golden boy status on this site.
Because he doesn't air his dirty laundry in public nearly as much as the rest while also writing things that appeal to multiple groups. Vanilla folks like Brienne, less vanilla folks enjoy his futa stuff. Speed is about the only thing to complain about but even then writing speed is a very variable thing even when it comes to more traditional authors and the project he's been given/chosen in the form of KM is pretty huge in scope. For reference I have 0 interest in any of his non futa stuff so his last update that was relevant to me was back in May (and even then the horse harem stuff didn't really grab me much, too gentle).

Last edited:

Gar1

Nov 5, 2017
Fuck....
U got a Proof for that m8?
I had to do some digging in the archives, but I found it. This is not to single wsan out btw, this was basically the response of most of the team who commented on it back when that update dropped.
I guess people getting angry at berwyn getting his long awaited update only to remove him as a companion unnounced in the same patch is unreasonable to them.

Gar1

Nov 5, 2017
Because he doesn't air his dirty laundry in public nearly as much as the rest while also writing things that appeal to multiple groups. Vanilla folks like Brienne, less vanilla folks enjoy his futa stuff. Speed is about the only thing to complain about but even then writing speed is a very variable thing even when it comes to more traditional authors and the project he's been given/chosen in the form of KM is pretty huge in scope.
Fair enough, I'm glad people that like futa have a guy that delivers for them.
But as someone who only just recently cought up with KM and realized that what most people seem to consider to be the best writer of the game wrote about 5-10k words worth of decent quality smut (half of which isn't even finished) that appeals to me in the last year and half is not something I'd personally praise the guy for.
But maybe the bar is actually that low for this game.

Reactions: Doran

Jötunn123

Aug 2, 2022
Well, Personally I would say that William is the best writer but he's more focused on TITS rather than COC2
The Laquines and the other pirates in Tits are great, but I think that William hasn't been posting anything actually substantial for a while now.

Edit: And even less for COC2

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
Fair enough, I'm glad people that like futa have a guy that delivers for them.
But as someone who only just recently cought up with KM and realized that what most people seem to consider to be the best writer of the game wrote about 5-10k words worth of decent quality smut (half of which isn't even finished) that appeals to me in the last year and half is not something I'd personally praise the guy for.
But maybe the bar is actually that low for this game.
I feel like you'd get on better with a more focused game or frankly just browsing an erotic fiction site like literotica. As mentioned previously most of the writers are splitting focus between multiple characters so expecting vast swathes of content specificially targeting your interests is somewhat naive.

Reactions: MoneyMan181

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
Of course opinions vary, but as a regular boring straight guy, the only two things he's written for KM that both appealed to me and that I liked in the last year and a half were Brihouse, which was good but short, blatantly unfinished and you can't even repeat the scenes there (and this has remained that way for a fucking year) + two thirds of Brihouses word count was spent on two different female PC routes; and the other was the milkbarn girls, which while the scenes were good, the characters themselves are just wasted potential since they're stuck in one of the cities three whorehouses (why did KM need a whorehouse, a bathhouse, and a milkbarn anyways when they're all functionally the same?).

I''ll give him credit for writing one of the handful of decent characters in the game in the form of brienne, but I'm also not gonna pretend his shit is gold. I know this is the hottest of hot takes here, but a good 90% of what he writes in general has zero appeal to me and while the following is definitely true to a lesser degree for him than some other people on the team, he's been as guilty of fucking up his characters for no reason (anyone remember eltharas 2021 mayternity?) and being an arrogant dickhead (just look at his response to the berwyn fiasco) like any other writer for this game, except for maybe some of the community writers.
Lowest common denominator, his stuff just comes without clause and i can freely enjoy it without dreading it being ruined down the road and/or having to brain damage myself into forgetting everything shitty about it. Low bar maybe, but really if that was the bar then saying this game would be way better than it is would be downplaying it.

Deeper dive, he also just embraces the power fantasy and putting the player character at the center of its narrative - be it to get fucked on by Evelyn or doing the fucking with Brienne and family - while also all around getting characters and the kinks they target (his own vanilla waifus obviously but even out of that just compare his Arona threesomes to Tobs', or even his dom chars to everyone else's).

Gar1

Nov 5, 2017
his stuff just comes without clause and i can freely enjoy it without dreading it being ruined down the road and/or having to brain damage myself into forgetting everything shitty about it.
I absolutely disagree with that, but I'm not going to go and try to sour people on stuff in a game they enjoy so I'm just gonna leave it there.

Reactions: Doran
Apr 5, 2021
Right, new day, new scene hunting. Finishing gathering the last of the companions before doing too many quests to see if they get referenced at all (Spoilers, they don't). Something I wish I had done was take note of who wrote the scenes that referenced Cait, I think they were fairly mixed but it would be interesting.

Also, side note, as I’m replaying ALL the content (save Kiyoko, and corruption as I want to make this my new main save) I’m noticing more things that are disturbing in hind sight. For instance, the cloister quest where you get a relic from the cultists? I didn’t notice that the relic is a weapon for mercy killing Sorra’s victims (it’s a spear used to kill people who’s souls were eaten by wraiths but didn’t die.) So instead of Sorra… you know… giving them their souls back in some form which is something they canonically can do so long as there’s enough soul left (see Mallach v Kas scene in slut temple) she has her worshippers murder them…

Also, the number of sidequests that could be solved with TF items is getting on my nerves, so far I’ve had; Ryn’s cage, female paladin that needed a ritual, Shar’s broken wings, Valencia’s wings/tail, Elyon’s eyes/clawhands, the centaur in the village who became corrupt because she wasn’t pretty enough. I’m not going to keep a counter on this but it’s still annoying.

Right onto the Cait stuff, still haven’t recruited or talked to her once:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At this point all I’ve done all of Harvest valley (save resuing Cait’s dad which I cannot do, that tile doesn't activate if she is not in your party) and all the Frostwood/Winter city. I think these Cait pop-ups are getting rarer the later the content gets. Now I still have all of Khorminos, Winter Wolf, and a whole load of small side content (I’ve not spent much time with the Orcs, or Evergreen’s girls.)

My main problem is realizing how pointless all the sex in the game is, I know that sounds dumb but follow with me. Very few of the characters with sex-scenes matter. Even more complex ones like Rags are pointless in the story, you have to go out of your way to repeat them (and it is repeating, not new content) and they don’t react to anything going on. Save the one-off pregnancy characters, and Kiyoko’s changing bust, having kids is just increasing a number, and the marriage characters are static after marriage.

I hope the Quinn dating that’s been teased and Brihaus will solve this, because it would be great if the more ‘complicated’ romances from these throwaway NPCs were applied to party members who persist with you through the game. How much better would it be if Ragnild was your orc companion? That you pick her up instead of Arona (who should be busy ruling) and her romance content came out during adventuring. Instead of saying "Right, I want to do the orc content, so I'm going to spam their tiles over and over" it would be part of just playing the game normally.
Anyway, I guess replaying this game makes me melancholy these days, tomorrow Khor Minos, Berwyn’s banishment, and maybe hunting down some fun sidecontent.

Last edited:

Kroenen12

May 25, 2020
I recall that Wsan once mentioned that there would be new content for the dryads where we would get to dominate Orlaith or something. Whatever happened to that, does anyone have any information?

Some old posts from Wsan state that Evelyn and Orlaith are bound for an update but no new mentions. Then again the guy can't even get the fucking Brihouse shit done.
it's planned, but wsan is very busy with brihaus...
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png
brihaus=Big
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_5.png

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Oh, so Evelyn and Dryad aren't abandoned. Good.

Thanks for bothering to find and put up the information, man.

On a side note, I quite despise how completely accepted it is that the coding pace of this game is utter dogshit. Finished content should not be left on the table, modders have already shown that it's not that herculean to write in already written content, but the game's update pace is horrible when it comes to written content building up.

Then again, I suppose it's more profitable this way.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes