M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
The problem with most of the preg content in this game. Of course then you get the other end of the spectrum with Kinu and how they can fuck that up.
I do not mean full on kid NPC. Just simple stuff like carrasing your lovers pregnant tummy, kissing it, feeling the baby kicking from inside. Massaging your lover shoulders, speaking about the future, maybe some interactions between your baby and your partner.
Like what Cat Harem and Brienne have.

Also, speaking of Child NPC , I never did Aileh or Zo pregnancy so I do not know how they turned out). I do not even think that Zos child has a bust which is strange. Doesn't he grow up somewhat? And his mother does not have a pregnant bust now that I think about it.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020

-/-/-

Sep 12, 2022
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know where /cocg/ went? I remember the last thread a few weeks ago reaching bump limit and after that I haven't found any new thread ever since
The general died due to lack of interest in/the state of the game, and it was on life support barely hanging on for months if not all of 2022 before that. In the last /cocg/ thread before it died there were like half a dozen active posters left at best and even they all agreed that the game is terrible, has been terrible for a long time, continues to get terrible updates and, taking the planned content into account, will continue to be terrible until the day it dies and modding can maybe start salvaging it.

If you want to talk about the game on 4chan make a thread on /v/, but beware that they're pretty negative on the game to put it mildly. Last thread I've seen about CoC2 a week or so ago was basically just a hundred people dumping on CoC2 and the people working on it.

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
The general died due to lack of interest in/the state of the game, and it was on life support barely hanging on for months if not all of 2022 before that. In the last /cocg/ thread before it died there were like half a dozen active posters left at best and even they all agreed that the game is terrible, has been terrible for a long time, continues to get terrible updates and, taking the planned content into account, will continue to be terrible until the day it dies and modding can maybe start salvaging it.

If you want to talk about the game on 4chan make a thread on /v/, but beware that they're pretty negative on the game to put it mildly. Last thread I've seen about CoC2 a week or so ago was basically just a hundred people dumping on CoC2 and the people working on it.
Makes me want to find archives of the old threads and see the bantz they were throwing at the game.

Also weren't most of of the threads at /d/ or /vg/ at least? My memory is a bit fuzzy since I really haven't visited for years.

Reactions: Fred the Red

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Yeah that's definitely one of the biggest issues for me. I signed on assuming characters would be developed til the end of the game, but instead it's like 500 teaspoons of different ice cream flavors. You might've just wanted several scoops of a few favorites, but no, you get like "ok she has a sex scene, can get pregnant, and has one paragraph. K job done on to the next character." You get characters added at a speed where they might not even have busts for another month. I dunno I'd prefer old characters getting freakier shit or more dialogue instead of "baker lady" "pool woman a b or c" or straight up abandonware in text format.
Well, I do not think most of them meant to be more than one offs. Although, frankly, them being left alone allowa other writers to pick up the slack and write for them. Wasn't there one guy that wanted to do it for that sheep girl? I think he posted it here.

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
Well, I do not think most of them meant to be more than one offs. Although, frankly, them being left alone allowa other writers to pick up the slack and write for them. Wasn't there one guy that wanted to do it for that sheep girl? I think he posted it here.
If there is someone who wants to write for Clementine (the sheep girl) that's great imo, if it they actually go through/get approval for it. Its nice the fan base likes this content enough where they want to see it improved. I think the fan base at times is the best part about this game.

But this also just highlights the quality control problem. The fact that the fans are stepping in and try to continue developing a character who have abandoned (I think Clem's writer left for reasons) shows how unpolished this game is. I also think having some random fan step in and take over even if they have the best of intentions can ironically make Clem worse. Not because I think their gonna intentionally sabotage it. But because the writing style is most likely gonna be different, and the people who pay attention when reading are gonna find it jarring. It'll basically be Berwyn 2.0.

Best of luck to the person, if someone actually said they want to work on her though.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Well, I do not think most of them meant to be more than one offs.
That's the problem. Why are they making a text-based game if most characters are just meant to be one-offs? That completely disregards the strength of the medium and just makes so many characters have unnecessary overlap. It's not even like we get a ton of variety with these characters because the devs aren't even into a variety of things and don't want to go outside their comfort zone. We have like one actual femdom character in the game and that's it. In a roster of fucking 200.

We could be having deep, multi-layered, and nuanced characters, but no let's make Cait fat by scarfing down cum by the gallons.

Even if they don't want to actually do something interesting with their characters, they could at least introduce different routes to them. Let Cait have a romance and slut route, let Azy have a poly and mono route(fucking Phylla was fine with just having you in CoC1 and she was in the same social system), etc. A lot of time and effort goes into the dumbest shit just because they thought of it randomly and then just chuck it into the game.
Although, frankly, them being left alone allowa other writers to pick up the slack and write for them.
This doesn't work unless their creator leaves. Atugia has gotten nothing for, well, ever, and it's impossible to get someone else to write for her because of their own work system. Even if they're abandoned and the creator leaves, it's up to luck whether someone writes the content. It's also up to luck if it actually gets into the game.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
That's the problem. Why are they making a text-based game if most characters are just meant to be one-offs? That completely disregards the strength of the medium and just makes so many characters have unnecessary overlap. It's not even like we get a ton of variety with these characters because the devs aren't even into a variety of things and don't want to go outside their comfort zone. We have like one actual femdom character in the game and that's it. In a roster of fucking 200.

We could be having deep, multi-layered, and nuanced characters, but no let's make Cait fat by scarfing down cum by the gallons.

Even if they don't want to actually do something interesting with their characters, they could at least introduce different routes to them. Let Cait have a romance and slut route, let Azy have a poly and mono route(fucking Phylla was fine with just having you in CoC1 and she was in the same social system), etc. A lot of time and effort goes into the dumbest shit just because they thought of it randomly and then just chuck it into the game.

This doesn't work unless their creator leaves. Atugia has gotten nothing for, well, ever, and it's impossible to get someone else to write for her because of their own work system. Even if they're abandoned and the creator leaves, it's up to luck whether someone writes the content. It's also up to luck if it actually gets into the game.
BRB, adding dommy futa demon girl no. 6 to the game. And maybe a third harem that's composed of 1) a tall, curvy, dark-skinned girl, 2) an average busty chick, and 3) a smaller, more petite girl.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Mostly to add to the world. Not every NPC is supposed to be major, some are just there to fill space. Now, we can argue which NPCs deserve more content and which not but at the end of the day, it is all matter to individual.

I do agree that we hit to many same notes with different NPCs. Still, it is not as bad as some people say. For example, if you put the gun to my head and forced me to say what makes each futa in this game unique, ignoring the quadrupeds, I could do it in a heart beat.
Variety is something that I agree with, and I do believe that it is better to go for quality over quantity. But I do not think having many one offs like goo cat, milking ladies and all that is a problem in itself.

People can always ask if it is OK to work an NPC. I did for 3, elf boy, June and Mino guards of them and I got K for all. As long as there is a possibility exists, someone could ask.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
If there is someone who wants to write for Clementine (the sheep girl) that's great imo, if it they actually go through/get approval for it. Its nice the fan base likes this content enough where they want to see it improved. I think the fan base at times is the best part about this game.

But this also just highlights the quality control problem. The fact that the fans are stepping in and try to continue developing a character who have abandoned (I think Clem's writer left for reasons) shows how unpolished this game is. I also think having some random fan step in and take over even if they have the best of intentions can ironically make Clem worse.
See, here's where I think the disconnect is. Fans writing for characters is the gas that keeps the train moving.

CoC, TiTs, and CoC2 are community collaborations. They always have been. All of the writers currently writing this are just that - fans who wrote a bunch of stuff. Any writer in the future will be exactly the same thing. That's an intended function of process these games use, and it's what keeps content flowing in.

People writing content for characters they want to see more of isn't a bug, it's a feature.

• Sad
Reactions: Lord Kentus

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
#justiceforelfboy
Yeah boy! You know whats up!
just finished over 7000 words for the elfboy dock but decided to cut back until I finish Estus, the Wasp boys and Mino guards. But Estus is close to 1/2 done and so are the guards so I who knows, maybe he will be finished next year... Or not, since I do have so many things I want to work one.
BRB, adding dommy futa demon girl no. 6 to the game. And maybe a third harem that's composed of 1) a tall, curvy, dark-skinned girl, 2) an average busty chick, and 3) a smaller, more petite girl.
How about a harem made out of northern Minos? Eh, eh! 3 subby twinks, femboys for you to plow or get plowed by.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Is it? Maybe the fans should get a slice of that 30k a month, then.
They do already, you know?

People who write on commission are paid out of that same money.

William, Bubbles, Alypia, etc. None of them are staff iirc. They get paid through commissions from Savin and co.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
They do already, you know?

People who write on commission are paid out of that same money.

William, Bubbles, Alypia, etc. None of them are staff iirc. They get paid through commissions from Savin and co.
I thought you were talking about randos who submit stuff on the forums, whom Savin kindly asks to give up all ownership of their work, not regular contractors like the ones you just mentioned.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I thought you were talking about randos who submit stuff on the forums, whom Savin kindly asks to give up all ownership of their work, not regular contractors like the ones you just mentioned.
They're the same people though. The only difference is volume and time (possibly skill, that's debatable). You submit enough decent stuff, and eventually you get asked for more of it.

Heck, pretty sure Alypia's early Etheryn scenes weren't commissioned, just free stuff. B's genie he's working on between his regular stuff isn't commissioned. William has lot of non-commed stuff (and some of his comments are from other fans, not TiTs staff at all).

They're just fans who wrote a bunch of stuff and a lot of people liked it. That's it.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Mostly to add to the world. Not every NPC is supposed to be major, some are just there to fill space. Now, we can argue which NPCs deserve more content and which not but at the end of the day, it is all matter to individual.
If some are just there to fill space, why are most of them sexable? The only ones that aren't sexable are mostly shopkeepers IIRC. Like I get needing a decent amount of characters but there should be a limit, but 200 for only half-way through development with a world as underdeveloped as this just seems... wrong. I still feel like I'm not actually in the world, but just in the devs's playground. I'm pretty sure this game has more characters and a higher word-count than something like Fallout but it really doesn't feel like it. Instead of making something interesting with existing characters, they just keep adding more of these cookie cutter ones. Where is the interesting stuff like Marble's addiction from the first game? Or the evil witch in Tel'Adre? Growing your own waifu ala Ember? The only character that comes to mind to me and fits that same vein is Aileh.

For example, if you put the gun to my head and forced me to say what makes each futa in this game unique, ignoring the quadrupeds, I could do it in a heart beat.
ignoring the quadrupeds,
I mean that's just picking and choosing at that point but sure I'll bite. Aside from maybe Evergreen, Evelynn, and Valencia, they're all pretty damn similar to me. Big egos, big dicks, almost always doms - and barring Evergreen, Kaina, Klemaia, and Valencia - seems like all of them just treat you like a hole to fuck. Sure you can get into the nitty gritty about how Arona is more humiliating and a hard dom while Orlaith is more centered around serving her, but they all follow the same template if you ask me. There's no tsundere one, no cute submissive one(barring pupper who only has like 2 scenes), no insecure one, yadda yadda, you get the point.
Variety is something that I agree with, and I do believe that it is better to go for quality over quantity. But I do not think having many one offs like goo cat, milking ladies and all that is a problem in itself.
Having a reasonable amount of them, sure I can agree with your sentiment. But the game has so many to the point where it's taking time away and opportunities away from more substantial characters that would be much better with that time and effort gone to them instead. Or at the very least if they're going to have this many characters, start being more original and varied with them. Aside from maybe a handful, I can't even fucking recall most characters from the game.
People can always ask if it is OK to work an NPC. I did for 3, elf boy, June and Mino guards of them and I got K for all. As long as there is a possibility exists, someone could ask.
Yes but again, that is a lot of luck for it to actually happen. For this to go through it would require:
  1. Someone to care enough and have enough motivation to write the character.
  2. It would have to be high enough quality to actually get into the game.
  3. It would have to get passed by the devs once they've read it, which they could just reject outright.
  4. The devs have to give you the okay to even work on the character in the first place(doubt that's happening for a ton of characters)
I mean yeah it's possible but I'm sure as hell not holding my breath waiting for old characters to get picked up again.
Fans writing for characters is the gas that keeps the train moving.
A very slow, finicky, unreliable gas, but sure it makes enough sense.

Fuck sake I put too much time into these posts.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes