Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
See, here's where I think the disconnect is. Fans writing for characters is the gas that keeps the train moving.

CoC, TiTs, and CoC2 are community collaborations. They always have been. All of the writers currently writing this are just that - fans who wrote a bunch of stuff. Any writer in the future will be exactly the same thing. That's an intended function of process these games use, and it's what keeps content flowing in.

People writing content for characters they want to see more of isn't a bug, it's a feature.
Well that still doesn't address my problem that this "feature" creates in the game. And that is the jarring writing from having multiple writers work on the same character. A character's characterization isn't something that should be changed haphazardly. If people are going to collaborate on something they need to be in communication, and have some level of agreement on the direction a character is going to take. They would need this for character interactions as well.

Now I'm not trying to shit on the fans who want to continue developing abandoned content, commission writers or people that support the project. As I said I think it's great that fans want to be involved. But Savin and Co needs to do a better job of managing how this content is curated and developed. I know they have rules for submissions, but there honestly not good enough. The quality is all over the place. And this is why imo Wsan's content stands out as some of the stronger content. Not because their some sort of writing god. (I personally think their content is average.) But at the very least their content is mostly consistent. With only expectation being Elthera getting breed by Brint imo.

Edit: All this has lead to is a bunch of one off characters who start off interesting, but thats it. They play no greater role in the story and they hold no real meaning. It's like watching the first episode of a show that talks about how a character is going to go on this grand adventer that ends with them leaving their home-town and then... nothing. No second episode. No continuation in a larger series. Just nothing.

Jun 1, 2017
Yeah boy! You know whats up!
just finished over 7000 words for the elfboy dock but decided to cut back until I finish Estus, the Wasp boys and Mino guards. But Estus is close to 1/2 done and so are the guards so I who knows, maybe he will be finished next year... Or not, since I do have so many things I want to work one.

How about a harem made out of northern Minos? Eh, eh! 3 subby twinks, femboys for you to plow or get plowed by.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I dunno, it's just difficult to get past to me, of their degree of control for it. Not the basic, ya know, can't write extreme stuff for a vanilla or vice versa, or if your writing's full of errors or you veer extremely off course of a character's voice, but you could do anything and then be told "everything about this is no" or something. Could write for hours or more and then it all be wasted or be told to just erase over half of it. Could write an original character then be ignored and have to chuck it in the fire or just kinda wait around like "any day now".

Which most of that's par for the course writing and all, just if you're completely writing characters from the ground up, or writing scenes yourself for characters, it just seems to me like you'd be better off writing your own fan fic or story or something instead of all that work for like a 25/75% chance of getting in, and if it doesn't then it's just almost a total waste of time and effort. I dunno, if I ever just really didn't want to have to talk to tobs or bubble lord or savin, and wrote an expansion in a couple weeks or something for my favorite character/s, and it was given a "lol no" or was a character off limits for some reason I'd probably be fairly unhappy.

I'd love to tinker with kazuo, but wowee does the prospect of dealing with all that *and* actually having to communicate with tobs in his highly controlled subtext filled kinu story time sound great

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
why are most of them sexable?
So that you could fuck them. I get what you are suggesting, but a one of NPC with one off scenes (sexy or otherwise) are just there.
I mean that's just picking and choosing at that point but sure I'll bite. Aside from maybe Evergreen, Evelynn, and Valencia, they're all pretty damn similar to me. Big egos, big dicks, almost always doms - and barring Evergreen, Kaina, Klemaia, and Valencia - seems like all of them just treat you like a hole to fuck. Sure you can get into the nitty gritty about how Arona is more humiliating and a hard dom while Orlaith is more centered around serving her, but they all follow the same template if you ask me. There's no tsundere one, no cute submissive one(barring pupper who only has like 2 scenes), no insecure one, yadda yadda, you get the point.
Well, here goes.
Evergreen has her whole, dominant, mommy shtick.
Evelyn is a high class dom.
Arona, the sub version, is a dom that acts like a sub for your benefit and learns to love it.
Ryn as a pure sub that you can either abuse or lift up to a cheerful girl that loves lovely dovy sex.
The demon lovers have their whole "we love each other but we also fucking love you being in the lead and showing us our place."
Lyla is full on sadist.
The Dog futas have their whole working/family angle going on.
Klemaia is calm and collected dom with a harem to spice up her scenes.
Agni is a competitive little shit that I absolutely love.

And maybe there are some I forgot but yeah, most of them are different enough to justify their place in the game. Sure, it is kind of lame that most of them are doms, but that is what people apparently like. I do want more subs personally.

Having a reasonable amount of them, sure I can agree with your sentiment. But the game has so many to the point where it's taking time away and opportunities away from more substantial characters that would be much better with that time and effort gone to them instead. Or at the very least if they're going to have this many characters, start being more original and varied with them. Aside from maybe a handful, I can't even fucking recall most characters from the game.
True. But frankly, there are only really handful of NPCs that I think deserve constant updates. Primary ones are companions of course and secondary NPCs depend on the set up. Now, I am not sure which you feel are in dire need of an expansion, but I can only think of few. Those being Brihaus, Agni, Kas, Evergreen and Atugia. Maybe add Carmen to that small pile. Rest are just a nice bonus.

Yes but again, that is a lot of luck for it to actually happen. For this to go through it would require:
  1. Someone to care enough and have enough motivation to write the character.
  2. It would have to be high enough quality to actually get into the game.
  3. It would have to get passed by the devs once they've read it, which they could just reject outright.
  4. The devs have to give you the okay to even work on the character in the first place(doubt that's happening for a ton of characters)
I mean yeah it's possible but I'm sure as hell not holding my breath waiting for old characters to get picked up again.
I mean, it never hurts to ask if there is interest. But really, most of the NPCs (besides ones that go unfinished because of RL circumstances like what happened with Strawberry) are technically feature complete. Future updates will just come of as a bonus if someone writes them
Besides, who do you think deserves more content?

I dunno, it's just difficult to get past to me, of their degree of control for it. Not the basic, ya know, can't write extreme stuff for a vanilla or vice versa, or if your writing's full of errors or you veer extremely off course of a character's voice, but you could do anything and then be told "everything about this is no" or something. Could write for hours or more and then it all be wasted or be told to just erase over half of it. Could write an original character then be ignored and have to chuck it in the fire or just kinda wait around like "any day now".

Which most of that's par for the course writing and all, just if you're completely writing characters from the ground up, or writing scenes yourself for characters, it just seems to me like you'd be better off writing your own fan fic or story or something instead of all that work for like a 25/75% chance of getting in, and if it doesn't then it's just almost a total waste of time and effort. I dunno, if I ever just really didn't want to have to talk to tobs or bubble lord or savin, and wrote an expansion in a couple weeks or something for my favorite character/s, and it was given a "lol no" or was a character off limits for some reason I'd probably be fairly unhappy.

I'd love to tinker with kazuo, but wowee does the prospect of dealing with all that *and* actually having to communicate with tobs in his highly controlled subtext filled kinu story time sound great
If they get rejected, they get rejected. It is not like I spend my every waking moment writing this stuff. Besides, I am writing mostly male content, so it is not like I writing something most of the community or writers have stake in. So as long as I deliver a passable text, it should be good.

Last edited:

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Arona, the sub version, is a dom that acts like a sub for your benefit and learns to love it.
Ryn as a pure sub that you can either abuse or lift up to a cheerful girl that loves lovely dovy sex.
The demon lovers have their whole "we love each other but we also fucking love you being in the lead and showing us our place."
Lyla is full on sadist.
So dom, dom, sub, sub/dom, even bigger dom and sub. And lets not forget about SICK SMOKING STYLE too.

I mean, yes, there are difference between all of them, but it minuscule for most of them, in sense of...emotions?? not in the word count. After spliting on dom/sub sets, I mean.
"Im gonna call you a bitch"
"Call me a mommy"
"NO CUMMING ON MY DUTY"
"Im gonna fuck you now and then you gonna fuck me, ok!?"
Pffff...thats it?! Im pretty sure thats it.

Yes, there are also "elf poosie", "how to garden using only dick", "totally not a corrupted demon, yes-yes" and
1663057616172.png
but its still the same ice cream...but now with the hint of SALTY CARAMEL!!!! HYYYYPEEEEEeehhhh?????

Fred the Red

Mar 9, 2017
To be honest, futas with egos somehow even bigger than their dicks are precisely what I want from CoC (and TiTS), either as NPCs or as PC domming (reluctantly) subby NPCs. Still, even I would prefer fewer NPCs with more content each. Instead of 23 dommy dickgirls with 3 scenes each I'd rather have 1 mistress who over the course of 69 scenes uses all of the PCs holes and goes through an arc of dominating, humiliating, enslaving, transforming, and/or impregnating the PC, ideally plus optionally inducing others into her harem.
Of course if that one dommy mommy turns out to be a purple demon chick, players who absolutely wanted that red dragon dick are kinda SoL but I don't think that’s worth the tradeoff, and besides you could even write some customizability into a dominant NPC by having the PC beg for it, make a terribly onesided bargain or fluff it as her granting a favor to her very favorite cocksocket.

Last edited:

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
I guess if you want to split them all into either sub or dom and ignore any of the details then that's true, there are only two flavors of futa in this game. It's somewhat reductive though and even within that list I can point to characters I revisit often but also characters whose content I've never gone back to.

Reactions: M0nte

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
I mean, yes, there are difference between all of them, but it minuscule for most of them, in sense of...emotions?? not in the word count. After spliting on dom/sub sets, I mean.
"Im gonna call you a bitch"
"Call me a mommy"
"NO CUMMING ON MY DUTY"
"Im gonna fuck you now and then you gonna fuck me, ok!?"
Pffff...thats it?! Im pretty sure thats it.
If we are talking in emotion.
Arona is little tsundere about being your sub.
Evelyn is somewhat classy dom that likes to keep it personal and private.
Ryn is Ryn.
Evergreen is corrupt mommy dom that does not hide that she is a corrupt mommy dom.
The demon lovers are cucks.
Lyla is almost uncaring, ungrateful bitch and that is why people love her.
Agni is not really a dom, she is a switch. And playful about it.
Hashat is overexcited girl with pension for elves.
I do not like every futa. I do not like every dom. I like specific ones for specific fantasies and nuances. My favourites futa/dickgirl is Agni, then subArona, then Ryn for example. And only first one can be considered somewhat a dom.
Saying that every futa is the same because they are doms is like saying that Cait, Atugia and Brienne are same because they are all subs. You are just being reductive at that point.

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
....a dominant NPC having the PC beg for it, make a terribly onesided bargain or fluff it as her granting a favor to her very favorite cocksocket.
I cannot remember any character doing this and this is what I'm trying to find. Give me a domme that knows you value her highly and will have you jump through hoops just to please her. No more dommes where you just click "submit" and you suck her off, have Evelyn make me find ten pieces of Winterstem and have the PC suck her off as a "reward" or something. I'd want a capital D, Domme with actual dominant power over the player not a kink dispenser.

Reactions: Fred the Red

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
I cannot remember any character doing this and this is what I'm trying to find. Give me a domme that knows you value her highly and will have you jump through hoops just to please her. No more dommes where you just click "submit" and you suck her off, have Evelyn make me find ten pieces of Winterstem and have the PC suck her off as a "reward" or something. I'd want a capital D, Domme with actual dominant power over the player not a kink dispenser.
While I agree that this would kind of fit I'm glad they don't do this. It would only add to the scene the first time you had to do it and would make revisiting the content frustrating, especially if there ended up being scene variations that you might have to progress to see.

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
While I agree that this would kind of fit I'm glad they don't do this. It would only add to the scene the first time you had to do it and would make revisiting the content frustrating, especially if there ended up being scene variations that you might have to progress to see.
Yeah it would make some scenes harder to do (which for me means there should really be a way to replay unlocked scenes in the game) but I just want a domme with actual consequence and power outside the sex scene. Something like Lane from TiTS where she yoinks 500 credits from me everyday as "Taxes" or Ardia's perk that either makes you more or less resistant to Lust attacks depending on how long since she jizzed inside of you.

Fred the Red

Mar 9, 2017
I do love subs working to earn the privilege of serving but I was referring to customizability there, i.e. PC begging paying and agreeing to idk 24h nonstop cockworship or something, all to get mistress to take a transformative.

Reactions: Walk Cycle

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
I do love subs working to earn the privilege of serving but I was referring to customizability there, i.e. PC begging paying and agreeing to idk 24h nonstop cockworship or something, all to get mistress to take a transformative.
That will be good too, anything where I would see at least some of my submissiveness payout or affect me in anyway.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I guess if you want to split them all into either sub or dom and ignore any of the details then that's true, there are only two flavors of futa in this game. It's somewhat reductive though and even within that list I can point to characters I revisit often but also characters whose content I've never gone back to.
I mean, almost all futa sex scenes contain/implies dom/sub relations.
Its not 'call me a mommy while sucking me off' for a evergreen its 'Im you mommy now, suck me off', roughly speaking.

If we are talking in emotion.
Arona is little tsundere about being your sub.
Evelyn is somewhat classy dom that likes to keep it personal and private.
Ryn is Ryn.
Evergreen is corrupt mommy dom that does not hide that she is a corrupt mommy dom.
The demon lovers are cucks.
Lyla is almost uncaring, ungrateful bitch and that is why people love her.
Agni is not really a dom, she is a switch. And playful about it.
Hashat is overexcited girl with pension for elves.
Yes, but almost all of it goes out in the window in sex scenes. Im I lack T-shirt with 'sex expert' on it, but I know that person in bed and in real life, most of time, is a two big difference, as we commonly say here.
But here its just...

Saying that every futa is the same because they are doms is like saying that Cait, Atugia and Brienne are same because they are all subs. You are just being reductive at that point.
I was saying that almost all of them could be filtered in two groups subs and doms. And inside of each group content sex content are pretty similar, you or fucked to unconsciousness or fuck to unconsciousness. 'Flavors' are not making big enough difference here IMO.
Again on evergereen example, IIRC there are no "suck my milk (breast milk, I mean), call me mommy, cuddle with me, kiss me, let me sew soft trousers for holding you big dong warm, you dick is so swell, its unhealthy for you let me jerk you off my little child" or something like that, dunno, I dont have mommy fetish. Its, again IIRC, low grade "Im you mommy, you little BITCH...now get onto a bed!!!!!" sub/dom roleplay.
"Well yes, shes corrupted witch that lived for >9000 years, what you have expected from her?" Why than attach this fetish to her in the first place?? Arch cum witch that steals mans semen in the dead of the night, which is why she have conflict with foxes (there can be only one Macleod!!!) why deepwoods are uninhabited (no semen -> no pregnancies -> local scaled extinction) and so on... MOM GET THE CAMERA, IM SEWING CHARACTER INTO A WORLD!!!!! But we deranges from 'why futas in coc2 are bad' topic to 'why coc2 are bad'.

So again
yes futas have...okay not two dimensional personalities (kinda false, but thats was not the line of thought that led us here)
but their sex scenes are too bland, in terms of kinks that are implied by their personalities, outside of 'basic' sub/dom kinks.

In other words, they are only for a big 'insert futa implied fetish name' lovers that able to get off only on that specific fetish. For all others its like a droplet of jam on a gigantic butter sandwich. It feels, but it still a butter and bread.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Lyla is full on sadist.

And maybe there are some I forgot but yeah, most of them are different enough to justify their place in the game. Sure, it is kind of lame that most of them are doms, but that is what people apparently like. I do want more subs personally.
I'm moreso talking about their general attitude, behavior, and personality than the fetish they provide. Most are very assertive, not very caring, never falter with their extreme confidence, etc. Basically just take an annoying stereotypical "alpha male" character and give em tits. I'm extremely fucking sick of it because it was(and still is) a problem in TiTS and really any media that features girls with dicks. Even just disregarding my tastes, I'd love to see some actual fucking variety with them. As is, they feel like caricatures rather than people I'm supposed to give a shit about. You want a good example of what I'm talking about, go read "Son for Hire" by Grimbous. A futa that actually feels like a real person with depth. The milf in that is what Evergreen should have been.

True. But frankly, there are only really handful of NPCs that I think deserve constant updates. Primary ones are companions of course and secondary NPCs depend on the set up. Now, I am not sure which you feel are in dire need of an expansion, but I can only think of few. Those being Brihaus, Agni, Kas, Evergreen and Atugia. Maybe add Carmen to that small pile. Rest are just a nice bonus.
Besides, who do you think deserves more content?
I don't think any one character deserves more content objectively besides maybe Atugia or Agni since they stand out due to not having enough. Regardless of that, I'm not asking for NPCs to get constant updates; I'm just asking for them to actually be well-rounded characters rather than gimmicks to jerk off to. Have Evelynn question her life up to the exile, let Arona feel like an actual person with flaws sometimes, have Cait be more than just happy-go-lucky cat whore. Just do anything even remotely interesting with these cardboard cutouts they call characters. That's all I'm asking for. And judging by the characters/depth ratio so far, I don't think that's changing.

If you want examples of characters actually feeling like people in the game: Rags, Aileh, Drifa, Serena, Valencia, Ryn(even as schizo as she is), or hell, even just any character that isn't just trying to fuck when they see you. Honestly, if they toned down the ridiculously casual sex and the gratuitous amount of it with so many different characters that would help a lot on its own. Which wraps back around to my point of less being more here.

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
Was gonna reply to this, in-depth but Quin beat me to it. The problem with the dom/sub/futa content is its very shallow. As Quin put it their basically a flavor of ice cream (mostly vanilla) but with some sprinkles on it. Personally of the dom characters Evlyn was my favorite (at first) but none of these characters ever developed much. It basically goes like this Champ meets futa/Futa talks about their penis/ Champ has sex with futa/ may have option to do quest for futa/ character is labeled feature complete. Evlyn at least unlocks the foursome scene with Cait and Ryn, but besides that there is nothing going on with these characters. No arc, no conflict (despite Evergreen not liking the Kitsune and Evlyn being exiled) But none these characters really progress beyond how they are initially are characterized.

They could be interesting. There is room for an actual conflict. The people who exiled Evlyn could come looking for. Evergreen could escalate the conflict between the Kitsunes. Wonder-woman with a cock could be companion or do something. But nah, they'll just stay in their specific area and never pursue their goals.

Of these characters Arona is the best imo, and it is due to her being a companion, so she actually develops. You get to see some occasional flavor text and unique interactions. Made me warm up to her despite disliking the character at first. But that's because some degree effort went into the character.

Having 200 characters doesn't really mean anything if they're so shallow I can walk through them without getting my feet wet.

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
"Son for Hire" by Grimbous. A futa that actually feels like a real person with depth. The milf in that is what Evergreen should have been.
Eh, to each their own. I lost interest in that one because it got too drawn into the dynamic, less about actual sex and more about him becoming a fetishised version of her son. Not to say I think they're a bad writer, really enjoyed their "Slave Girl" story, but it's also not one I'd revisit for the erotic content because similarly it was more about the character dynamics than the sex.

The other issue is how much time to devote to characters, especially those like Evergreen who are mostly filling a side role. To take your own example "Son for Hire" is currently a little over 158k words and still going, most people (writers and readers) are probably not willing to go through all that for every character even though it would lead to much better characters overall.

I guess it mostly comes down to what you're looking for, I wouldn't object to more depth but at the same time I've got other sources for that who have more creative control over the stories they want to tell.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes