NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
SUPPOSEDLY, when Tychris drops, there's going to be a vendor who sells the tomes for every stealable power. Not sure if that'll include companion powers, but who knows.
Really? I hope so, if it happens then AWESOME! my goddamn completionist streak will finally be at peace.

P.S: I really, REALLY wanna see what kind of mental gymnastics Savin will do for Tychris, considering the dude hates giving the MC anything resembling a "Power Fantasy" yet by the own lore (yes, I care for this game's Lore) Nareva's chosen are BORN, changed while still in the High Priestess' womb, the fact our char can be turned into a Black Salamander/Astrida by giving our soul to Nareva would make us the FIRST "chosen champion" that is MADE since the Gods' War.

So what will it be? Finally give us some sort of unique importance and make people treat us special as a God's Chosen kinda how Kitsune do if you accept Keros' proposal? (hah!)

Retcon the lore so Astridas can ALSO be made and aren't just born? (most likely)

Somehow magically seal Tychris as soon as we become a Black Salamander so we can't interact with everyone who would know how much of a huge fucking deal is?

Tsubuhaza

Sep 28, 2020
Idk man, "Savin sucks a ton" seems weird. I know there are problem in finding partner but surely there are other man/woman that worth more than "anal loving cat whore glazing lizard"
You're forgetting the key part of the predicative, "ton of dicks". As in a quantibly high amount of penises. My example does not refer to his writing, it refers to the recreative activity of dick sucking.

So, even with the cleanup of "bad reviews"(the negative ones) the game is still only worth 2,5 stars?
I don't think there was any cleanup. Maybe one or another review got the boot (specially the positive ones) but that's about it.

I don't get this post. Are you upset or confused as to why "orc warrior" doesn't get as much content as the first companion you encounter in the game?
Wasn't this a post to enlist the characters that could be removed from the game since they didn't have a lot of content and it'd still be around the same thing?

Reactions: Wrynn13

Cerneu

Nov 9, 2017
Wasn't this a post to enlist the characters that could be removed from the game since they didn't have a lot of content and it'd still be around the same thing?
Indeed, which is why it's weird that faceless mooks whose only purpose is to be stomped into the ground by the MC were listed by him. Those mobs aren't supposed to have much content, if any, by design.

Reactions: GokutheG

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Really? I hope so, if it happens then AWESOME! my goddamn completionist streak will finally be at peace.

P.S: I really, REALLY wanna see what kind of mental gymnastics Savin will do for Tychris, considering the dude hates giving the MC anything resembling a "Power Fantasy" yet by the own lore (yes, I care for this game's Lore) Nareva's chosen are BORN, changed while still in the High Priestess' womb, the fact our char can be turned into a Black Salamander/Astrida by giving our soul to Nareva would make us the FIRST "chosen champion" that is MADE since the Gods' War.

So what will it be? Finally give us some sort of unique importance and make people treat us special as a God's Chosen kinda how Kitsune do if you accept Keros' proposal? (hah!)

Retcon the lore so Astridas can ALSO be made and aren't just born? (most likely)

Somehow magically seal Tychris as soon as we become a Black Salamander so we can't interact with everyone who would know how much of a huge fucking deal is?
There's no need to retcon any lore. This is clearly being set up for the game's first unbirth scene.

Cerneu

Nov 9, 2017
I think he copy-pasted the wiki section for non-party characters, tbh.
I figured so. I even called him out for how lazily made his list of names was, but he instead went on another rant and then cried about me "dodging his questions". As if he was entitled to get serious responses for his bad faith posts. :KEK:
Still pretty funny post though.
Meltdowns are always funny. It's why I love this thread so much.

Tsubuhaza

Sep 28, 2020
I figured so. I even called him out for how lazily made his list of names was, but he instead went on another rant and then cried about me "dodging his questions". As if he was entitled to get serious responses for his bad faith posts. :KEK:
To be fair, he probably did that because he knew you'd keep the snark even if he didn't. It's more or less the only thing you've done here so far, right?

I kinda prefer the people who give out about the game because it's actually easier to agree than "heheh Savin is a rich fucker and you're all losers", specially when the game itself is kinda wank anyway.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
All this Savin nonsense aside, the point did have a singular merit of highlighting the ocean of abandoned characters, concepts and content. The game does try to play itself off as quite wide but if you poke even a finger in, its an inch deep. If you aren't into whatever fetish happens to being propped by the regular update cycle, you are sort of shit out of luck, even then chances are a new character will be introduced rather then additional content for a preexisting one you might happen to like.

Despite years in dev, despite all the writers that have come and gone, I wouldn't be amazed if much like the prior COC, this one ends off with with the better part of a couple dozen incomplete characters.

Forgerte

Mar 4, 2022
All this Savin nonsense aside, the point did have a singular merit of highlighting the ocean of abandoned characters, concepts and content. The game does try to play itself off as quite wide but if you poke even a finger in, its an inch deep. If you aren't into whatever fetish happens to being propped by the regular update cycle, you are sort of shit out of luck, even then chances are a new character will be introduced rather then additional content for a preexisting one you might happen to like.

Despite years in dev, despite all the writers that have come and gone, I wouldn't be amazed if much like the prior COC, this one ends off with with the better part of a couple dozen incomplete characters.
I feel like if people stop being snarky and nitpicky toward the clearly hyperbolic statement, they would realize that this is a genuine problem

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Honestly I think "abandoned" and "incomplete" are being tossed around way too much. A character not getting any more content isn't necessarily either of those things.

Like say...Clementine. Do I want Clem to get more content? Yeah, obviously. But is she incomplete?

Nah. There's no hanging plot threads, no unfinished arc. She's as fleshed out as a side character needs to be.

There are clearly some things still hanging - any of Bubbles' plotlones, characters we put in jail from Ryn's adventures, Evergreens story - and I'd call those incomplete if they never got worked on.

But, like, the pups on the farm in Harvest Valley? They're just...done. They don't NEED any more content. They may get more, but they're not unfinished by any means. Same with most characters on that list.

Most of the actually "unfinished" characters have stuff planned for them, there's only a few I'd actually call incomplete and abandoned (for instance, the Marked Mercs plotline).

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Honestly I think "abandoned" and "incomplete" are being tossed around way too much. A character not getting any more content isn't necessarily either of those things.

Like say...Clementine. Do I want Clem to get more content? Yeah, obviously. But is she incomplete?

Nah. There's no hanging plot threads, no unfinished arc. She's as fleshed out as a side character needs to be.

There are clearly some things still hanging - any of Bubbles' plotlones, characters we put in jail from Ryn's adventures, Evergreens story - and I'd call those incomplete if they never got worked on.

But, like, the pups on the farm in Harvest Valley? They're just...done. They don't NEED any more content. They may get more, but they're not unfinished by any means. Same with most characters on that list.

Most of the actually "unfinished" characters have stuff planned for them, there's only a few I'd actually call incomplete and abandoned (for instance, the Marked Mercs plotline).
Kinda this. Even the first CoC had a bunch of characters that had like, one, maybe two scenes, and a couple interactions in other scenes, and that was it. There are times in this game where it definitely feels like with some characters, they try too hard to make it feel like they'll have importance after their specific events, but it winds up being "you get a new big tiddy bitch to impregnate with a bunch of nameless children". Some characters are just simple and don't need extra content to make them more interesting.

If there was one thing I wished would be more impactful on not only story elements but also gameplay, is transformative related stuff. And that's not even exclusive to this game either, that's also a TiTS thing too. Like you can get a full on humanoid dragon transformation with various scale colors, wings, and a tail, but you're telling me I can't have a dragon breath of different elements or a tail sweep? It's just there to make Daliza piss herself from how horny she is over scalies? Lupines have claws but can't use them in battle, yet NPCs like Garrett and Gweyr are literally designed to have powers using them?

Like, the only genuine impact transformatives have truly had in gameplay and narrative outside descriptors for sex and the like was in CoC1 where the mirror at end-game would either be like "you still look human despite everything" vs "damn, you look like shit after all the abuse your body took".

Sep 2, 2018
I'd argue the unfinished NPCs are mostly the fault of the writers who fall off the face of the earth. Hugs and Bubble throwing their shitfits and quitting are the best examples of that, but a lot of other writers have done their "Part 1"s and disappeared. I can't really fault the dev team for leaving their scrapheaps unfinished when (reliable) community writers are so scarce.

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
I'd argue the unfinished NPCs are mostly the fault of the writers who fall off the face of the earth. Hugs and Bubble throwing their shitfits and quitting are the best examples of that, but a lot of other writers have done their "Part 1"s and disappeared. I can't really fault the dev team for leaving their scrapheaps unfinished when (reliable) community writers are so scarce.
I can't comment on Hugs but pretty sure BubbleLord just straight up vanished without a trace; not cuz of some tantrum.

PixelLewd

Jan 31, 2022
Guess which reviews Savin cares more about.
Do you never get tired of slobbering on Savin's balls for free? Like I get some to most people on this thread have had bad and shit takes, but come on now, why do you swing so hard on this idiocy of acting like some reviews matter more than others? Like we all know Savin doesn't give a SHIT about what ANYONE thinks, be it his supporters, his writers, or whoever else, so there's no need for you to go so hard in his "defense"

But hey, if that's what gets you off or entertained I guess.
nice-cock(smol).gif

2.80 star(s) 103 Votes