Mark Loring

Jul 26, 2024
You are turning 50 not 80 calm down lmao
One of the main reasons why I stopped playing certain VNs (Being a DIK comes to mind) is because I knew it would be several, if not many, years for it to be completed. Stopped playing it after Ep. 8 dropped, which was what? 2 years ago now? Maybe a tad more? I didn't want to be in my mid to late 50s playing VNs when I knew my mental health was on the decline.

I've been in the psych ward more times than I care to admit or think about, so it is, to me, a reasonable concern. So while physically I will be 50, sometimes my mental health does make me feel older. Just how things are I guess.

Parmenion1405

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah, I know what you mean. I stopped playing some games of off the same reason. I do not blame the Devs, cos a lot of them are single Devs and do it in their (spare) free time. But if a game is intended to be this and that long, and there are only 2–5 Updates a Year and combined they make only 5-15% of the game when finished, it's difficult to keep up and be patient with the progress.

Regarding age! I was told it's only a state of mind. But if that is true, my age changes multiple times a day, sometimes inconsistent but some kind of status seems very consistent.

My Day and Age at given Time:

5:00 a.m. : Alarm goes off. I feel like 130–150 years old
5:45 a.m. : After a half liter of coffee, and a shower. Age: 30-35
6:45-9:00 a.m.: Fooling Around with colleagues at work. Age: 20
12:00 p.m: After Lunch and a bunch of Work. Age 65
3:00-4:00 p.m: End of Work, crouching home. Age 95
4:30-6:00 p.m: Surfing/Gaming or just chilling, knowing there is a household that needs attention. Age:5 (just don't want to do it, can I throw myself on the floor and cry?)
8:00 p.m: Household done, Dinner done, shower done: Age 60-80 (Falling asleep while watching news)
10:00 p.m: Wake with back pain, cos sleeping on couch isn't healthy, going to visit my bed... brain gets hyperactive: Age 15-18

And that is only a normal day, it may change depending on the Weekday the circumstances and so on. But generally that seems to be a good (even if incomplete) summary, lols

just my 2 cent (and some more rambling of an actually mid-40s guy)

Reactions: Mark Loring

ThaBoooB

Jun 24, 2023
My anticipation lies in my curiosity of seeing how I (THE MC) WILL SET FIRE TO RACHELS HAIR, DROP RACHEL FROM A HELICOPTER, STAB HER WITH A STAR WARS LEGO SET, FORCE HER TO WATCH THE BORDERLANDS MOVIE, USE HER AS ORCA BAIT, INJECT HER WITH STRYCHNINE, FORCE HER TO PUT THE BALL SHAPED OBJECT INTO THE SQUARE HOLE, MAKE HER WEAR SANDPAPER INSIDE HER UNDERWEAR, GROW BAMBOO ON HER LEGS AND ARMS, REMOVER HER NAILS AND FORCE FEED IT TO HER,THROW HER INTO A ELEPHANT STAMPEED, MAKE HER STAR AS CHINESE FACTORY WORKER INTO A LIVE LEAK VIDEO, GIVE HER SOGGY TOILET PAPER WHILE SHES IN THE BATHROOM...
Naw, that's way, way too much. So calm down.
She just needs to be tamed and put on a leach. The MC could always use another house cat. ^^

kunkunman3000

Aug 6, 2020
My anticipation lies in my curiosity of seeing how I (THE MC) WILL SET FIRE TO RACHELS HAIR, DROP RACHEL FROM A HELICOPTER, STAB HER WITH A STAR WARS LEGO SET, FORCE HER TO WATCH THE BORDERLANDS MOVIE, USE HER AS ORCA BAIT, INJECT HER WITH STRYCHNINE, FORCE HER TO PUT THE BALL SHAPED OBJECT INTO THE SQUARE HOLE, MAKE HER WEAR SANDPAPER INSIDE HER UNDERWEAR, GROW BAMBOO ON HER LEGS AND ARMS, REMOVER HER NAILS AND FORCE FEED IT TO HER,THROW HER INTO A ELEPHANT STAMPEED, MAKE HER STAR AS CHINESE FACTORY WORKER INTO A LIVE LEAK VIDEO, GIVE HER SOGGY TOILET PAPER WHILE SHES IN THE BATHROOM...
1724955297765.png

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
It has only been like a good few weeks since I last came here and I see a new face in the club lmao

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Just because it isn't sympathetic doesn't mean it isn't true. Staying fit and healthy physically can do wonders for mental health.
And poor mental health can do wonders for sabotaging fitness plans. Assuming the person is able bodied and actually physically capable of a consistent fitness regimen, it doesn't work well as an intervention in the vast majority of cases and is instead valuable as part of a mental health maintenance plan. Almost always someone in the throws of a deep depression isn't going to commit to a long term fitness plan without first successfully treating their depression.
Not to mention it won't do much at all to help if the issue is more along the lines of psychosis or other reality distorting mental health conditions. On a strictly mental health perspective it's really only useful for things like depression, anxiety, addictions and some sleep disorders.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
And poor mental health can do wonders for sabotaging fitness plans. Assuming the person is able bodied and actually physically capable of a consistent fitness regimen, it doesn't work well as an intervention in the vast majority of cases and is instead valuable as part of a mental health maintenance plan. Almost always someone in the throws of a deep depression isn't going to commit to a long term fitness plan without first successfully treating their depression.
Not to mention it won't do much at all to help if the issue is more along the lines of psychosis or other reality distorting mental health conditions. On a strictly mental health perspective it's really only useful for things like depression, anxiety, addictions and some sleep disorders.
If only I'd exercised my way out of my body disintegrating around me causing me to be medically retired from the career I'd spent my whole life working towards and for... Oh wait exercise is part of what contributed to that disintegration, because I have a genetic issue that makes my joints garbo and worked through the pain too much and too often.

Surely exercise would have also staved off the chronic depression that arose from seeing my entire identity evaporated overnight, with no ability to meaningfully change things.

I know I could exercise the asthma out of my lungs from the burn pit exposure! Or maybe I'll exercise the narcolepsy out of my brain from radiation exposure, that'll fix all my problems.

Idiots like them are so fucking frustrating as a chronic illness sufferer who was healthy and fit until I just fucking wasn't anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
If only if exercised my way out of my body disintegrating around me causing me to be medically retired from the career I'd spent my whole life working towards and for... Oh wait exercise is part of what contributed to that disintegration, because I have a genetic issue that makes my joints garbo and worked through the pain too much and too often.

Surely exercise would have also staved off the chronic depression that arose from seeing my entire identity evaporated overnight, with no ability to meaningfully change things.

I know i could exercise the astgma out of my lungs from the burn pit exposure! Or maybe I'll exercise the narcolepsy out of my brain from radiation exposure, that'll fix all my problems.

Idiots like them are so fucking frustrating as a chronic illness sufferer who was healthy and fit until I just fucking wasn't anymore.
Which is why I mentioned being able bodied and physically able to commit to a consistent fitness regimen. I've seen people spouting off that whole fitness mental health bullshit to people who were profoundly disabled. I remember seeing some fitness bro on facebook telling someone who's profile picture was them in a wheelchair that they wouldn't have depression if they went out for a run more often. A fucking wheelchair user needs to run if they don't want depression apparently.
I do remember you saying in probably another thread that you had I believe was either a joint disorder or a connective tissue disorder, which to be fair the person you quoted and the one I quoted probably wouldn't know that, but it's really telling to me when someone just assumes the person they're talking to is capable of the same things they are for absolutely no reason. It's an inherently ableist perspective, no other way to put it.

Even then. it's not some end all to mental health treatment. I was in the best shape of my life a little over 10 years ago, exercising 4-5 times a week, resting heart rate around 50, low blood pressure and for my (at the time) skinny frame I was as strong as an ox. What fucked it all up? Depression. If exercise treated depression that well then how did I get severe depression to the point I could barely get out of bed most days when I was exercising about 10-12 hours a week?

Reactions: TigerWolfe

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Which is why I mentioned being able bodied and physically able to commit to a consistent fitness regimen. I've seen people spouting off that whole fitness mental health bullshit to people who were profoundly disabled. I remember seeing some fitness bro on facebook telling someone who's profile picture was them in a wheelchair that they wouldn't have depression if they went out for a run more often. A fucking wheelchair user needs to run if they don't want depression apparently.
I do remember you saying in probably another thread that you had I believe was either a joint disorder or a connective tissue disorder, which to be fair the person you quoted and the one I quoted probably wouldn't know that, but it's really telling to me when someone just assumes the person they're talking to is capable of the same things they are for absolutely no reason. It's an inherently ableist perspective, no other way to put it.

Even then. it's not some end all to mental health treatment. I was in the best shape of my life a little over 10 years ago, exercising 4-5 times a week, resting heart rate around 50, low blood pressure and for my (at the time) skinny frame I was as strong as an ox. What fucked it all up? Depression. If exercise treated depression that well then how did I get severe depression to the point I could barely get out of bed most days when I was exercising about 10-12 hours a week?
It's a very, I've never experienced hardship, mentality on how to overcome hardship.
Like billionaires giving advice on living on minimum wage.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022

I agree with your example given... but you should really watch the Tucker Carlson interview with Calley and Cassy Means. Our food system is literally trying to keep us sick and depressed with toxic chemicals. It's profitable.

Reactions: EETPMC
4.70 star(s) 175 Votes