Ultimecea

Dec 13, 2020
I only play v0.3 at the moment, so everything I say is focused just on that content.
respectfull behaviour.
then you should clarify that when commenting
and please try not to comment when you're behind the story or there will be more of these instance

Cosy Cafe is still the most enjoyable game for me nonetheless. Heck, I spent countless hours on microsoft paint creating the shitty signatures you and I use lol :KEK:
hey, i appreciate what you did so thank you again
but when you're commenting on something that's not up to date
it will create inconsistencies

Reactions: LostKing
Apr 26, 2023
then you should clarify that when commenting
and please try not to comment when you're behind the story or there will be more of these instance

hey, i appreciate what you did so thank you again
but when you're commenting on something that's not up to date
it will create inconsistencies
glad you promote the game =)

I don't think it makes a big difference since the behaviour of sarah in v0.1 v0.2 and v0.3 is still there and the same, even if she might behave differently later. Also the guy starting the topic was still more early in the game so the conversation didn't just revolve around her most current behaviour.

But I agree, it would have been better to state what version I play. If someone played v0.2 half a year ago and v0.5 yesterday, he probably has mostly sarahs behaviour from v0.5 in mind and possibly already forgot about how she behaved in v0.2.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020

Hey guys, welcome to another short dev log!

First, the progress report: I've completed around 210 renders and 15 videos since the last dev log. That means the animation for 0.6 is now finished, and it puts the rendering at about half way done. I'm expecting the release date to be somewhere around the middle of next month, so you'll probably get one more dev log just before that.

Now on to a slightly more frustrating note - last time I told you that I was going to try to upgrade the quality of the MC's model to match the girls, and I spent a few days tearing all of my mods and software to pieces in an attempt to achieve that, but unfortunately I failed. Getting all of the shaders and textures to work together just proved to be a nightmare, with a lot of wild results:

Eventually I decided that the time I was spending on this simply wasn't justified, and that I needed to get back to producing the actual content for 0.6, so I reverted to my old software setup for now. That doesn't mean I've given up completely though, as just in the last week since all of this happened a new version of the shaders I use was released with some of the issues fixed, so I'm hopeful that eventually I'll be able to figure it out in a future update!

That's about it for this dev log, so until next time, thanks for all your support!
- Cosy Creator
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canes

May 27, 2018
Those big ass/big tits tags aren't kidding, holy shit. At least there's some variety, even if slight, and those future tags: Humiliation, BDSM, Pet Play and slave, will probably have me ignore everything else, anyway.

Keep up the great work Dev, you just got yourself a fan.

EDIT: I'm overanalyzing so not a big deal, but I'm trying to make sense of this sentence:

Clipboard Image.jpg
If I don't know it, how the fuck am I inner monologuing about it?

But hey, it's nowhere near as brain-dead as this one from a different game:

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023
Those big ass/big tits tags aren't kidding, holy shit. At least there's some variety, even if slight, and those future tags: Humiliation, BDSM, Pet Play and slave, will probably have me ignore everything else, anyway.

I'm so glad there are a few girls with small breasts. It's quite rare in honey select games.

The tags are golden. Even implemented in a based way. :BootyTime:

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022

EDIT: I'm overanalyzing so not a big deal, but I'm trying to make sense of this sentence:

View attachment 2957678
If I don't know it, how the fuck am I inner monologuing about it?

But hey, it's nowhere near as brain-dead as this one from a different game:
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

Inner monologue has brackets around it and the player name in the text box, that's narration.

Apr 26, 2023

Hey guys, welcome to another short dev log!

First, the progress report: I've completed around 210 renders and 15 videos since the last dev log. That means the animation for 0.6 is now finished, and it puts the rendering at about half way done. I'm expecting the release date to be somewhere around the middle of next month, so you'll probably get one more dev log just before that.

Now on to a slightly more frustrating note - last time I told you that I was going to try to upgrade the quality of the MC's model to match the girls, and I spent a few days tearing all of my mods and software to pieces in an attempt to achieve that, but unfortunately I failed. Getting all of the shaders and textures to work together just proved to be a nightmare, with a lot of wild results:

Eventually I decided that the time I was spending on this simply wasn't justified, and that I needed to get back to producing the actual content for 0.6, so I reverted to my old software setup for now. That doesn't mean I've given up completely though, as just in the last week since all of this happened a new version of the shaders I use was released with some of the issues fixed, so I'm hopeful that eventually I'll be able to figure it out in a future update!

That's about it for this dev log, so until next time, thanks for all your support!
- Cosy Creator
<3

Really glad to see that your game is getting supported.

Regarding the animations: I remember reading that the development time of another creator's game was largely consumed by making animations. So I just want to put it out there that I (regardless of the time component) prefer 15 good CGs with descriptive text to 4 looping animations.

And again, thanks so much for making the only AVN that I fully enjoy. (y)

Reactions: Cosy Creator

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
<3

Really glad to see that your game is getting supported.

Regarding the animations: I remember reading that the development time of another creator's game was largely consumed by making animations. So I just want to put it out there that I (regardless of the time component) prefer 15 good CGs with descriptive text to 4 looping animations.

And again, thanks so much for making the only AVN that I fully enjoy. (y)
The animations don't take me a super long time at the moment since most of them are pre-made, though that may change in the future when I get to making more customised ones. My current 2 month dev cycle is roughly split into: 2 weeks writing, 4-5 weeks rendering static CGs, and 1-2 weeks split between animation, sound, testing, and any other stuff I make like the gallery.

The real time sink for me is doing too many renders relative to the amount of text, up to one per line in some scenes, but I just do as many as I feel neccessary to make the scene how I want it, so I struggle to reduce it even though I probably should :ROFLMAO:

Apr 26, 2023
The real time sink for me is doing too many renders relative to the amount of text, up to one per line in some scenes, but I just do as many as I feel neccessary to make the scene how I want it, so I struggle to reduce it even though I probably should :ROFLMAO:
Its easy to forget how many CGs are made for renpy games. I usually can't believe it when I see the numbers listed.

Can only say that I enjoy it how it is. If there is just a conversation going on I would probably not mind if mostly the same CGs are used, but if the same ones are used for different occasions I think it can be immersion breaking since it starkly reminds one that we look at something artificially made.

I think your 2 month development time is excellent. The most overhyped game in existence has 9+ months and is not that much longer per update. Many others have 6 months. Since january 2023 Cosy Cafe has 97.000 words - the Harry Potter 1 book had only 76.977 words, took 5 years, and had 4740 CGs and 97 animations less lol

(y)

Reactions: Cosy Creator

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Since january 2023 Cosy Cafe has 97.000 words - the Harry Potter 1 book had only 76.977 words, took 5 years, and had 4740 CGs and 97 animations less lol
As Mark Twain said "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead."

If quantity was the main measuring stick of literature, (Chinese) webnovels would be at the pinnacle with some reaching ridiculous amount of words; .

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Personnaly this is the thing that make difference between a good game and a great one. Having renders really matching what is the text is the best, and having movement between each lines is awesome.

I doesnt' matter if you take double time you take to update your game, if it is to keep making it that good !

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Personnaly this is the thing that make difference between a good game and a great one. Having renders really matching what is the text is the best, and having movement between each lines is awesome.

I doesnt' matter if you take double time you take to update your game, if it is to keep making it that good !
It's a problem if it reaches Taken level of cutting where each image is from a separate angle and is meant for a couple of words of dialogue.

Apr 26, 2023
As Mark Twain said "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead."

If quantity was the main measuring stick of literature, (Chinese) webnovels would be at the pinnacle with some reaching ridiculous amount of words; .
"measuring stick of literature"

Reminds me of when I was a kid and bought a music album because I read in a review that it was really good - it sucked so hard. By now I think that any critique that does something else than "I do/don't enjoy it because of this, this and this" is basically almost useless. Its strange to me to try to objectively gauge the quality of things like that. Its usually just a "majority taste" imo.

I mean, this apparently sold for 300 million: 1695822420609.png lol

In the end for me its: Do I enjoy it? Yes? Than the more there exists of it the better. I also think the word count is a vague indicator of how much work has been put into it. Must be awesome to have 13000 chapters if its ones favorite novel lol.

Reactions: bacienvu88

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
It's a problem if it reaches Taken level of cutting where each image is from a separate angle and is meant for a couple of words of dialogue.
You're right, and nothing can be perfect if not every conversation would become an animation and the game would become pretty heavy in no time. Just having 2/3 renders with some elements moving between each line is already good. And it comes to the creator to decide where big changes should come or not.

Canes

May 27, 2018
Good content so far and if I was to give any feedback, besides what has already been said, it would be not to push Lucy so much. I have a feeling not everyone likes her like the dev does, and yeah, me included. I find her annoying and she kinda looks like a lizard, especially in some angles -- eyes too wide apart. Head too small in contrast to her behemoth tits/form.

But yeah, so far it's a pretty good slice-of-life story, well worth the read.

Last edited:

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I'm really enjoying the game so far. I only have one critique, and I'm only bringing it up because I've not seen it mentioned before. Is there an artistic or practical reason why the elbows and (to a lesser extent) knees are drawn the way that they are? I don't think I've seen them depicted the way that they are in this game before. They look very dry and cracked like they could maybe even be bleeding. Sometimes it can be a little distracting and even immersion breaking. It isn't the end of the world or anything, but I was curious if there was a particular reason behind it

Reactions: oceanbobo4
4.70 star(s) 157 Votes