Jul 31, 2021
I swear I've seen maybe 2 or three threads in 4 different games that were arguing about this exact same nonsense. Why this is such a hot button issue I will never understand.

Both sides being children about it is nothing new either. It's almost never a discussion. I just hope this doesn't turn off the dev from wanting to further comment on here. I enjoy the status updates and when they reply to genuine feedback. Cheers.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Man: Hey woman, you should submit to me!
Woman: No thank you. Why would I?
Man: I'm an Alpha. And a dom. An Alpha Dom. I'm also superior to you. A Superior Alpha Dom. Yes! That is what I am. So you should totally submit to me because I'm so superior and alpha and dommy. Yes! Submit to me!
Woman: Erm... And what will you do if I say no?
Man: You! No one says no to me! I'm going to rant on twitter and internet forums. Then I'm going to cry the entire night. Take that woman!
Woman: o_O

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
I swear I've seen maybe 2 or three threads in 4 different games that were arguing about this exact same nonsense. Why this is such a hot button issue I will never understand.

Both sides being children about it is nothing new either. It's almost never a discussion. I just hope this doesn't turn off the dev from wanting to further comment on here. I enjoy the status updates and when they reply to genuine feedback. Cheers.
Don't worry I'm not going to abandon the thread, I like to think my skin is reasonably thick. I'm just not really interested in using my position as a dev to wade into these arguments.

Though I will say it does kinda amuse me when this plays out in some of the reviews, where some people think the MC is an evil misogynist woman beater, while at the exact same time others think he's spineless and too nice :ROFLMAO:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Don't worry I'm not going to abandon the thread, I like to think my skin is reasonably thick. I'm just not really interested in using my position as a dev to wade into these arguments.

Though I will say it does kinda amuse me when this plays out in some of the reviews, where some people think the MC is an evil misogynist woman beater, while at the exact same time others think he's spineless and too nice :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes agree to disagree falls to the wayside and it will take a moderator to start deleting posts to bring people back to the reality of this thread: talking about Cozy Cafe, the MC and the ladies that are part of his harem.

Please keep telling your story and let the mods sort out the increasingly hostile disagreements - we both have better things to do with our time than insert ourselves into this kind of debate.

While I don't know when we will get to see this, I am curious about how Sarah's mother will react when she sees Sarah wearing a new choker, especially if she has a meal at the MC's cafe where she can see that there are other women who are wearing the same kind of choker.

The family dinner will expand the cozy cafe story in a direction we have not yet seen and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out!

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Don't worry I'm not going to abandon the thread
I'm curious, it's been mentioned that at least the four big families practice polygamy as a matter of course. It seemed implied that at least their polygamous relationships were legal in order to legitimise their heirs. Is that correct? How common is it in the setting? Is it fairly common or just the wealthy or even just the big four? If legal polygamy is only practiced by the big four/the wealthy, do others practice de facto polygamy without the legal marriage? It occurred to me that it would be difficult to source wives if only the big four were practitioners, and maybe even if it was only those who held some type of wealth or power past a certain point, without a great deal of inbreeding. I was curious how polygamy figured into the culture at large

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
I'm curious, it's been mentioned that at least the four big families practice polygamy as a matter of course. It seemed implied that at least their polygamous relationships were legal in order to legitimise their heirs. Is that correct? How common is it in the setting? Is it fairly common or just the wealthy or even just the big four? If legal polygamy is only practiced by the big four/the wealthy, do others practice de facto polygamy without the legal marriage? It occurred to me that it would be difficult to source wives if only the big four were practitioners, and maybe even if it was only those who held some type of wealth or power past a certain point, without a great deal of inbreeding. I was curious how polygamy figured into the culture at large
Polygamy is legal, though uncommon for regular people outside of the big four. The main purpose of intermarrying between the families is to form political alliances (this will become more apparent in the coming updates), however that doesn't mean that all of the wives are from other founding families, in fact most of them aren't - many less influential women and their families want to marry into the founding families, for obvious reasons.

To give an example: Sarah's father has 4 wives, 3 are not from founding families, while one is clearly related to the headmistress and Hannah's family (some people have already figured this out). At the same time his sister is married to the head of one of the other families. So there are links there, but not every one is from another family.

Also the head of one of the families is a woman, though I won't go into that yet.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Polygamy is legal, though uncommon for regular people outside of the big four.
Is polygamous marriage uncommon or having multiple partners in general? People seem more open to the idea than I would've expected if it's so uncommon. I also had a weird thought that maybe Rachel's weird misandry might have something to do with a certain perception of polygamy (if it was accepted in society), since in some historic contexts polygamy was used as mechanism for making women property in various ways.

Speaking of Rachel, are we going to see how the group project turns out with trying to make a project out of the [redacted] version of what they find out about MC's grandfather? I'm anticipating that would be pretty amusing in some way or another, but I also understand it might be too tedious to have the actual report show up in the story from the player perspective.

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
Is polygamous marriage uncommon or having multiple partners in general? People seem more open to the idea than I would've expected if it's so uncommon. I also had a weird thought that maybe Rachel's weird misandry might have something to do with a certain perception of polygamy (if it was accepted in society), since in some historic contexts polygamy was used as mechanism for making women property in various ways.

Speaking of Rachel, are we going to see how the group project turns out with trying to make a project out of the [redacted] version of what they find out about MC's grandfather? I'm anticipating that would be pretty amusing in some way or another, but I also understand it might be too tedious to have the actual report show up in the story from the player perspective.
It's uncommon in wider society, but obviously in the places where the founding families hang out (like the school where their kids go) everyone is used to it - this is why it comes as a surprise to the MC who just moved there.

The source of Rachel's misandry is unrelated, and the group project will come to a conclusion eventually, though I don't have any exciting plans for the report itself - the journey is the main focus.

Apr 26, 2023
Draugo and breathing dawn why are you guys even here? You're quoting/replying to how people feel about characters and relationships in the game and shitting all over them unprovoked, but you're too cowardly to actually tell the dev directly how you feel about their game to actually respond to the posts by the dev that the people you're Ing are agreeing with in their posts. If you don't like the game, fine. But you're not posting in the thread like you just don't like the game. You're spamming and disrupting the thread with personal attacks on people and bigoted rants that you're only making superficial efforts at connecting to the game content. If you've got criticisms to make about the game, then make them and go away.
Why did you link 'Ing'? :KEK:

---

Just in case you are serious:

If a game features interesting topics its only normal to talk about those as well - in addition to the story itself. How you come to the conclusion that I don't like the game is beyond me. I think the only even slighly critical comment that I made about the game was about the low-res dick of the Honey Select engine and that I personally would enjoy it if the MC was even a bit less tolerant with Sarahs behaviour. Other than that its usually over the top praise from me since its my favourite game.

Other than that I mostly argue for more MC like behaviour in real life, since - if you believe it or not - many girls really enjoy it if you are a good hearted person with a dominant character. And it feels good for the man as well. By now girls say it even publicly that they enjoy being submissive and are tired of 50/50 relationships. My posts may sound like personal attacks but its compassion really, since I see everyday guys who accept being treated like a small dog by their wive/girlfriend and its impossible for me to believe that they enjoy it. And the girls usually do not enjoy it as well even though they do it. I cannot show proof of it but I had relationships like the one between MC and Lucy, and also one like the one between MC and Victoria, and they were very harmonious and happy for both sides. While the "modern" relationships of my friends/relatives are almost all drama - and unhappy for at least one of the spouses. Thats the reaon I sometimes argue here for traditional relationship roles and submissive girls. I don't get why that causes so much resistance and anger from some - especially in a thread of a game that precisely portrays that in a wholesome way. Maybe its the way I say it. So be it.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023

---

If a game features interesting topics its only normal to talk about those as well - in addition to the story itself. How you come to the conclusion that I don't like the game is beyond me. I think the only even slighly critical comment that I made about the game was about the low-res dick of the Honey Select engine and that I personally would enjoy it if the MC was even a bit less tolerant with Sarahs behaviour. Other than that its usually over the top praise from me since its my favourite game.

Other than that I mostly argue for more MC like behaviour in real life, since - if you believe it or not - many girls really enjoy it if you are a good hearted person with a dominant character. And it feels good for the man as well. By now girls say it even publicly that they enjoy being submissive and are tired of 50/50 relationships. My posts may sound like personal attacks but its compassion really, since I see everyday guys who accept being treated like a small dog by their wive/girlfriend and its impossible for me to believe that they enjoy it. And the girls usually do not enjoy it as well even though they do it. I cannot show proof of it but I had relationships like the one between MC and Lucy, and also one like the one between MC and Victoria, and they were very harmonious and happy for both sides. While the "modern" relationships of my friends/relatives are almost all drama - and unhappy for at least one of the spouses. Thats the reaon I sometimes argue here for traditional relationship roles and submissive girls. I don't get why that causes so much resistance and anger from some - especially in a thread of a game that precisely portrays that in a wholesome way. Maybe its the way I say it. So be it.
This game is obviously not for you. In a game with this description (relevant portion highlighted):
Your rough childhood is over, and you stand on the precipice of adulthood with a singular goal in mind: To become an exceptional restaurateur like your grandfather. But for now, you'll settle for building a modest cafe. Money is tight, and challenges abound balancing your dream with your final year of school, but with hard work and determination you know that you can build a life for yourself and the girls you meet along the way.

In Cosy Cafe you will develop romantic and increasingly sexual relationships with a number of girls, culminating in a harem that eventually becomes a family. There will be a particular focus on wholesome maledom, and of course, there will be a lot of loving and kinky sex!
you've spent the past three or four pages of comments complaining that the MC isn't abusive enough to his LIs. It comes across like you don't know where you are. You're complaining about one of the primary intended features. You've spent pages arguing with and insulting people who were quoting the dev and agreeing with them but not bringing up any of your apparent laundry list of issues with the game to the dev themself. You've also made many dubious comments about the ideal nature of male and female relationships that are merely misogynist at best. You've shown a fundamental lack of understanding of colloquial and site definitions for tags that this game has. In all seriousness, it seems like you came here expecting a drastically different game based on nothing in the description or tags and rather than just trying to find the game you want, you're taking it out on people who've played the game based on the tags and description and enjoyed it.

One of the primary focuses of the game are the wholesome relationships between MC and his future family, and you've continually asserted that the content is not misogynist nor abusive enough towards the LIs. I don't understand how between the two facts that 1) the game focuses on wholesome romantic relationships and 2) you want relationships to be abusive and demeaning that, you could delude yourself into thinking there's a way to shoehorn this game into your interests. They are diametrically opposed. Everything you've asserted should be in the game and insulted others for not wanting in it is incompatible with the dev's description of the content they're creating. Not unlikely to appear, completely incompatible with the game as the dev has stated they intend to make it. Yet you've repeatedly insulted people in the thread for pointing out it doesn't belong. If the kind of content you've asserted should be in the game is content you enjoy, this game is basically the opposite of the kind of game you'd want to play.

Other people in the thread have tried to explain this to you, but you were too busy making misogynist rants to notice. I'm actually surprised your response to my comment was remotely civil

Apr 26, 2023
This game is obviously not for you. In a game with this description (relevant portion highlighted):

you've spent the past three or four pages of comments complaining that the MC isn't abusive enough to his LIs. It comes across like you don't know where you are. You're complaining about one of the primary intended features. You've spent pages arguing with and insulting people who were quoting the dev and agreeing with them but not bringing up any of your apparent laundry list of issues with the game to the dev themself. You've also made many dubious comments about the ideal nature of male and female relationships that are merely misogynist at best. You've shown a fundamental lack of understanding of colloquial and site definitions for tags that this game has. In all seriousness, it seems like you came here expecting a drastically different game based on nothing in the description or tags and rather than just trying to find the game you want, you're taking it out on people who've played the game based on the tags and description and enjoyed it.

One of the primary focuses of the game are the wholesome relationships between MC and his future family, and you've continually asserted that the content is not misogynist nor abusive enough towards the LIs. I don't understand how between the two facts that 1) the game focuses on wholesome romantic relationships and 2) you want relationships to be abusive and demeaning that, you could delude yourself into thinking there's a way to shoehorn this game into your interests. They are diametrically opposed. Everything you've asserted should be in the game and insulted others for not wanting in it is incompatible with the dev's description of the content they're creating. Not unlikely to appear, completely incompatible with the game as the dev has stated they intend to make it. Yet you've repeatedly insulted people in the thread for pointing out it doesn't belong. If the kind of content you've asserted should be in the game is content you enjoy, this game is basically the opposite of the kind of game you'd want to play.

Other people in the thread have tried to explain this to you, but you were too busy making misogynist rants to notice. I'm actually surprised your response to my comment was remotely civil
Bro, if you find it abusive to tell a girl to tone down on calling you an idiot I don't even know what to respond other than calling you certain insults. I wish you best of luck in your future romantic endeavours. Lets not continue talking with each other.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Are we playing the same game? This is prime maledom without going to any extremes, Sarah is bit of a brat but at least for me she never crossed the line of breaking the immersion and I'm interested in her hidden fetishes (cosplay I guess) so I can't even begin to wonder why is she that hated.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023

---

The main issue is that you don't think a fictional character is respectful or obedient enough for another fictional character. Real life has nothing to do with it. You're taking Sarah's behavior personal.

Ultimecea

Dec 13, 2020
Polygamy is legal, though uncommon for regular people outside of the big four. The main purpose of intermarrying between the families is to form political alliances (this will become more apparent in the coming updates), however that doesn't mean that all of the wives are from other founding families, in fact most of them aren't - many less influential women and their families want to marry into the founding families, for obvious reasons.
i really dont understand why would people thought polygamy is illegal in first place
beta humans nowadays are too bound by silly rules of social acceptance
to even applying it to any part of artistic deliveries are a total blasphemy
this is how early scientist and inventors are put to death to so called "witchcraft"

To give an example: Sarah's father has 4 wives, 3 are not from founding families, while one is clearly related to the headmistress and Hannah's family (some people have already figured this out). At the same time his sister is married to the head of one of the other families. So there are links there, but not every one is from another family.

based on the age of sarah's mom, she's most likely to be the elder sister for the headmistress
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i hope i didnt spoilt their backstory, lol
Also the head of one of the families is a woman, though I won't go into that yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Ssato243
Apr 26, 2023
Are we playing the same game? This is prime maledom without going to any extremes, Sarah is bit of a brat but at least for me she never crossed the line of breaking the immersion and I'm interested in her hidden fetishes (cosplay I guess) so I can't even begin to wonder why is she that hated.
Nobody hates her, I think. Me and another guy wished we could be a bit more strict with her. Thats all. Some people blew it out of the water because its apparently bigotry to feel like that.

4.70 star(s) 163 Votes