Exterant

Aug 6, 2022
Now that I've finally found time in my busy schedule, I've finally had the opportunity to play the latest update. The story has great potential, but it's easy to see that it severely lacks direction and pacing. As of now, the characters are distant and lack any real emotional connection between the MC, making every "emotional" conversation feel like a facade. On the other hand, I find the UI to be refreshingly good and the free-roam navigation to be well done. The presentation/detective aspect isn't fully integrated yet, but it gives me Ace Attorney vibes and I am here for it. I'm glad that Rathieu is accepting community feedback about the minigame, it is undoubtedly flawed and requires urgent correction. The highest score I achieved was 7 customers and that wasn't enough to reach perfect status, which left me sorely disappointed. There's a lot of room for improvement here but with careful planning and consideration, it could become a worthy successor to Mist.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

DwingF9

May 7, 2020
I'm curious, after getting blown by Moran, Enna says that the Main Character was resurrected via a Lust Pact (rather than Rage, Envy or one of the other deadly sins) - that's why the MC needs to have sex with her to survive.

But she doesn't show interest in having sex with the MC, only doing so out of neccessity, which begs the question - why didn't she ressurrect the MC with one of the other deadly sins?

If she doesn't have any interest in sex AND she's trying to kill a certain character,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
then why did she create a 'Lust Zombie' MC rather than a 'Wrath Zombie' MC?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I'm curious, after getting blown by Moran, Enna says that the Main Character was resurrected via a Lust Pact (rather than Rage, Envy or one of the other deadly sins) - that's why the MC needs to have sex with her to survive.

But she doesn't show interest in having sex with the MC, only doing so out of neccessity, which begs the question - why didn't she ressurrect the MC with one of the other deadly sins?

If she doesn't have any interest in sex AND she's trying to kill a certain character,
That is a great question, beside the obvious answer that it is needed for an Adult game, one explication come to mind. Maybe it is precisely because she isn't so much interested in sex that she made a lust zombie. Maybe if she made an other type of zombie she would have been afraid to be "consumed" by the sin or emotion in question to the point of loosing her goal. Also it might be the easiest type of feeding to hide. No massive movement of goods money or even no murder to try to hide. the feeding can happen in a more private setting.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DwingF9
Feb 21, 2023

Well, aside from the obvious reason that it's a lewd game....

I suppose Wrath Zombie could mean the subject going full 28 days later at random times or after a while instead of unbearably horny? Seems a little harder to control for the long time her schemes seem to require.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Man, the story would be so much better if the MC was a demon Enna made a pact with to kill her sister.
A demon has his own motivations to accept a pact with a witch to kill someone for sex, then some random corpse she found somewhere in a ditch.

Also, the demon would accept the pact out of his own will. The beginning, like it is, is bullshit for a game that claims not to be a femdom game.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

Hello everybody, I wanted to let you know that I'm back from my vacation and started to work again. For now I'll just do my thing and keep progressing with the new version. Next Monday, I'm gonna post a more detailed post on what is planned for this update and also a few slight changes I'm gonna be doing with my release schedule.

For those who can't wait, here the short version: I'm gonna try to deliver more frequent, shorter releases that won't always feature advances in story content, so I can make sure the quality of the gameplay and story stays consistent with smaller gaps between releases.

There's a few other aspects going into this too, but more on that next Monday. For now I wish everyone a nice week and you'll hear from me soon!

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
untitled (2).jpg

After five days of non-stop fiddling with my hardware I can proudly say that my PC is running once again. So, let's not dwell on the past and look forward. I've already teased that I'd be changing the way I handle updates a little, let me explain what exactly I mean.

Until now, I've always developed my games in a linear fashion. I simply advanced the entire plot, mechanics and individual character routes at the same time. For example: A new update in MIST typically featured a few new quests, a few new hangout events with the girls, and a few new rooms in one of the explorable areas. I advanced all the individual elements of the game at the same time. Basically every update was like a new episode in a TV show.

I had planned to do the same for Children of Morn, but with the last two updates I noticed a problem. With the increased care I put into every element of Children of Morn, the increased amount of renders and custom backgrounds, the improved sound design, the new UI, every mechanic and even the way I pose the character now, take more time than they did before. Add to it, that the gameplay for Children of Morn will be a bit different than MISTs.

MIST basically had one large story where everyone participated and a few hangout events with the girls. Children of Morn is gonna be a bit different. While you still have the overarching main story of the game that involves all the characters, the individual characters will now get more room for their personal plots. You already saw a glimpse of that with Ennas first date event. These individual stories will be quite important for the main plot too, so they will be more substantial than MISTs hangout events.

But what does that mean for my update schedule? To make it simple, Children of Morn has too many different plots to develop them all at the same time. Releases would be very slow and you'd get maybe a single date event for every girl and a little chunk of main story with every update (Remember that Enna and Moran won't be the only girls in the game). That's why I'll have to switch to a slightly non-linear update schedule, where I focus on individual strands of plot bit by bit. An example: In update A, I focus on Ennas Dates. In update B, I focus on Morans Dates. In update C, I keep advancing the main plot. In update D, I only add new gameplay mechanics and fixes.

What are the benefits? Doing it this way allows me to deliver content more quickly while still keeping plots coherent. I'm planning to do releases every 2-3 months this way, instead of the 4-6 months we had before. And because all individual stories will tie back into the main plot at the end of every chapter anyways, you can still enjoy the story in it's chronological order when playing every single update and if you only play every other update, you might not even notice the change. Another huge benefit is that I can get feedback more quickly. Developing half a year without any outside feedback can make it really difficult to accurately judge what you are doing. I become blind to my own work and it's frustrating. That's why I'm also looking forward to getting more direct feedback, making it a lot easier to do changes and adjustments.

In summary: Updates will be more focused on advancing one plot at a time until they tie back together to be in chronological order at the end of every chapter. This will allow for more frequent releases and feedback. While playing new releases you won't have to worry about missing content or playing out of order and if you don't play every new release you might not even notice the change.

I'm hoping this change will be good for everyone. With more frequent, high quality updates that can still be played without any worries towards missing or skipping content and the chance for me to get more direct feedback and not having to drop the quality I'm going for because of time constraints.

Let me know what you think about this change! I'm eager to see how it will work out and make adjustments accordingly. That's it from me, I'm off to work on the game again. Have a nice week everyone and you'll hear from me soon!

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update_94.jpg

Two weeks have passed since my PC decided to not work anymore. I've since been able to get it running again and am back in business. Let's talk about what I accomplished in the past 14 days and what the next update will bring to the table.

Everything new:

I planned and modeled a bunch of new environments for the next update. That includes coming up with the designs, looking for the fitting reference, creating a bunch of assets and textures and putting them together into the environment. This way I created:
The theater as seen from the outside.
Several rooms within the backstage area of the theater.
The main stage of the theater.
An outside location at a river that will be used in the next mini game.
And the first room of the first dungeon that needs to be explored.
I also invested a lot of time into planning out the first dungeon. Room layouts, gameplay elements, visuals etc.
And even more time went into further detailing the dates you'll have with Enna and Moran, as well as the accompanying sex scenes.
As you might be able to tell, most of the effort went into fleshing out the plots and gameplay elements in theory, as well as building the new environments that will be needed for the next update. A lot of preparation before the actual developing happens, but it's necessary to move forward. This week I'll be able to start with the actual writing, rendering, animating etc.

Which brings me to the next topic, what kind of content will the next update include? I already mentioned in a previous post that I'm planning to deliver shorter, but quicker updates going forward. This will be the first of those. What I'll be focusing on is:

The introduction to the first dungeon
Adjusting the old minigame.
Adding the second minigame that is tied to Morans dates.
And adding a good chunk of Morans dates for the first chapter. Which means 3-4 events with 1-2 sex scenes.
Writing this down I realize that it is still plenty of work and maybe not actually a shorter update, but that's what I planned and what I'll try to do. If I can add more, I'll add more. If it's too much, I'll do a little bit less.

And that's it for this Monday Update. I wish everyone has a great week and you'll hear from me again!

bygonemyths

Mar 19, 2023
View attachment 2885231

Two weeks have passed since my PC decided to not work anymore. I've since been able to get it running again and am back in business. Let's talk about what I accomplished in the past 14 days and what the next update will bring to the table.

Everything new:

I planned and modeled a bunch of new environments for the next update. That includes coming up with the designs, looking for the fitting reference, creating a bunch of assets and textures and putting them together into the environment. This way I created:
The theater as seen from the outside.
Several rooms within the backstage area of the theater.
The main stage of the theater.
An outside location at a river that will be used in the next mini game.
And the first room of the first dungeon that needs to be explored.
I also invested a lot of time into planning out the first dungeon. Room layouts, gameplay elements, visuals etc.
And even more time went into further detailing the dates you'll have with Enna and Moran, as well as the accompanying sex scenes.
As you might be able to tell, most of the effort went into fleshing out the plots and gameplay elements in theory, as well as building the new environments that will be needed for the next update. A lot of preparation before the actual developing happens, but it's necessary to move forward. This week I'll be able to start with the actual writing, rendering, animating etc.

Which brings me to the next topic, what kind of content will the next update include? I already mentioned in a previous post that I'm planning to deliver shorter, but quicker updates going forward. This will be the first of those. What I'll be focusing on is:

The introduction to the first dungeon
Adjusting the old minigame.
Adding the second minigame that is tied to Morans dates.
And adding a good chunk of Morans dates for the first chapter. Which means 3-4 events with 1-2 sex scenes.
Writing this down I realize that it is still plenty of work and maybe not actually a shorter update, but that's what I planned and what I'll try to do. If I can add more, I'll add more. If it's too much, I'll do a little bit less.

And that's it for this Monday Update. I wish everyone has a great week and you'll hear from me again!
Will there be incest? Incest is what made The Mist exciting and thoroughly enjoyable even though there is just the sister. Incest is usually what drives people to play adult visual novels these days and it really feels good. My suggestion is to have a wonderful first time sexual encounter between a bro-sis that is a really long scene where they explore everything together and enjoy it. A girl like sister in the Mist was awesome. I definitely disliked the skinny and flat girl with black hair in the Mist andshe was really annoying. I hope there is no one like that here or at least optional, but then again I understand it's for diversity.

Reactions: Morho

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Will there be incest? Incest is what made The Mist exciting and thoroughly enjoyable even though there is just the sister. Incest is usually what drives people to play adult visual novels these days and it really feels good. My suggestion is to have a wonderful first time sexual encounter between a bro-sis that is a really long scene where they explore everything together and enjoy it. A girl like sister in the Mist was awesome. I definitely disliked the skinny and flat girl with black hair in the Mist andshe was really annoying. I hope there is no one like that here or at least optional, but then again I understand it's for diversity.
You have to ask to the dev, i don't know his plans

Rampersandy

Jan 28, 2023
Wait, who was MC's sister in The Mist? The scientist Lily? Thought she was a childhood friend. Played a long time ago so might remember wrong.

However, Mia, the flatter brunette - yum-yum gimme sum!! There are people with different tastes so diversity in body shapes is important.

Reactions: bygonemyths

bygonemyths

Mar 19, 2023
Wait, who was MC's sister in The Mist? The scientist Lily? Thought she was a childhood friend. Played a long time ago so might remember wrong.

However, Mia, the flatter brunette - yum-yum gimme sum!! There are people with different tastes so diversity in body shapes is important.
Yeah Lily is MC sister but due to steam or patreon reasons, they can't add incest directly. Also, it probably is for those who don't like incest. That's why Lily is so reluctant to do it with the MC and needed to give in. Mia is garbage and annoying. I really don't like seeing a skinny body among the other plump ones, but yeah diversity so.

Reactions: Rampersandy
4.10 star(s) 37 Votes