Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
1694438355983.png

Once again two weeks have gone by and I've been steadily working on the game. This Monday update is all about progress, nothing else.

Everything new:

• Writing: I've completed my first writing pass for the entire update. That is a big chunk of work out of the way. Now it just needs the fine tuning I do in my second pass.
  • Renders: I've started rendering out the first few scenes of the next update. I'm at roughly 20%.
  • Animations: I've also made two smaller animations, one as a transition and one introducing a new character to the game.
  • The new Character: The first renders with a new girl are already done. You won't be seeing too much of her in the next update as her story will take some time to unfold, but you'll get a good look at her.
  • Sounds: I've recorded new sounds for the game and built a few new ambient tracks that you'll be hearing in the update.
And that is all I got done in the last two weeks. As you might be able to tell, progress is steady and I'm happy with how it's going. Getting that first writing pass done is especially crucial. Introducing a new character and the new areas to the game is a very big chunk of work which is slowing me down much more than I had originally planned, but the good thing about 3D graphics is that the initial effort might be pretty big, but once all the environments and characters are done, things get significantly faster.

Right now I'm at that very spot where things start picking up in speed. I think I'll be able to give you a rough estimate for the updates release window in the next Monday Update. But for now I just gotta keep working on it.

That's all I have to say, have a nice week and you'll hear from me soon.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update_96.jpg

September nears it's end and the development steadily progresses. Over the last two weeks I was rendering and rendering and rendering. Every single day, almost at least.

Everything new:

Renders: The last two weeks were all about the renders. I did almost nothing else and can now report that the renders for this next update are almost completely done. I'm just missing a few images that will be added later on because I need to do some other things first.
Organization: I finally took my time to sort a bunch of poses and expressions for the characters into an easily accessible library. I actually talked about this in an entire dedicated post last week, so if you want to know more, check that one out.
Code: I also added some code into the game to introduce Moran into the dating system and streamline the way Ennas dating code works.
UI: I added a little marker that lets you know whenever one of the girls is available for a date so you wont have to guess as much, not so important right now, but when the game gets larger and more characters and locations are introduced it'll be helpful.
Music: A new track has been completed and added to the game and it's a good one. I've been listening to it a lot while working and really enjoyed it.
Writing: I've also done some first changes and adaptions to the script while rendering, but nothing major. Most of that will come in the next two weeks.
Most of the annoying work, for me personally, is now out of the way. Except for the new fishing minigame that I need to make, all systems are also already in place. That means I can almost fully dedicate these next weeks to all the fine tuning and polishing and last few renders, as well as the sex animations. From now on the next update will really start taking shape.

Sadly, this updates development came with a few noticeable interruptions, first my vacation, then my hardware failure, now I caught some virus and have been staying in bed over the weekend. I'm still resting today, but I think I should be able to start working again either tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Still, I think with the current progress I can say that version 0.3 will be released before October ends. A bit later than I had wished for, but I simply couldn't get it done any quicker. I'll take the necessary steps to ensure the update after it won't take so long. I'm still adjusting to how much more time all the systems and renders need in comparison to MIST,

But that's future talk and right now only version 0.3 matters. I'll deliver it before the end of October and am pretty sure, that you'll enjoy it. It comes with a bunch of steamy scenes, more than I had in the last two updates. That's all, you'll hear
from me soon!

Last edited:

ArtMeat

Aug 30, 2021
I gotta say, I've played Tale of Eden & Mist and this now, 0.2, and really noticed a significant improvements with each game. Your skills are on that upward trajectory, which is awesome. Can't wait for the next release.

Last edited:

carting89

Aug 2, 2022
So we got Enna for Robin and Moran for Mia. Now all we need is our sister and a goddess (I am only joking).
I liked MIST a lot (it's kind of my favorite game on here) and I like CoM even more. The way your craft is improving soon you will be a top of the market dev. Even now MIST is on the first page of the Latest page when you either sort by Likes or by Rating. I am willing to bet this will beat the MIST's record based on just the quality and polish of the game. As for the story, we will just have to wait and see but I like it so far.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
1.jpg

Two weeks ago I announced the end of October as the release date for version 0.3, this week I sadly have to push that date back into early November. I apologize for the delay and want to explain why this is happening. Apart from that I got a massive amount of work done that I want to share with you.

Everything new:

• Renders: I finalized almost every single render for this update. Only the sex scenes are left to be completed.
  • Writing: I did another pass on the writing to ensure the quality is right, adding a bunch of sound effects and fine tuning the timings. Here too, only the sex scenes are left.
  • Shop mini game: I adjusted the shop mini game previously introduced in v0.2. I added much more visible buttons, added a better explanation for what exactly to do. Reduced the amount of items in the shop and increased the amount of customer stories, while reducing the amount of satisfied customers needed to get the +3 on Affinity. The mini game is now more about about listening to the customers story and selecting the fitting item, than about asking Enna for advice and memorizing the correct answers. More puzzle, less memorization.
  • Fishing mini game: I also added the next mini game that will be introduced with this new update. It's a fishing mini game that uses the same basic mechanic as the one in MIST did, only with a little more fine tuning. Right now it's still pretty simple and could potentially be expanded in future updates. After the last mini game didn't work out as intended, I decided to hold back on adding more complexity and first see your feedback.
  • Accessibility: I added a brightness slider to the menu for those who had problems with the images being too dark. Sadly, in Ren'Py it's not that easy to adjust brightness and there is no way to control gamma, but it's better than nothing and can help those who have darker monitors or play with stronger outside light.
  • Map: This next update also brings the over-world into the game for the first time, so you can now travel between places. Right now there aren't that many places to explore, but there will be more in the future.
  • Secret System: I also coded and made some tests with a new system that will be introduced soon. I can't say exactly what it is yet as it's possible that I'll have to push it back to the release of the next version, but I'm trying to get it done in time.
Now to the delay:

I really hate having to write this, but there's no way around it. I've mulled it over in my head time and time again and I simple can't find a schedule that would allow me to publish the update in time without having to completely overwork myself. Here's what happened.

After coming back from my vacation at the end of August, I struggled to get my head back in the game. With other IRL responsibilities piling up I was able to keep my usual work hours, but the quality of my work wasn't the same as usual. I did a bunch of work, that I ended up scrapping as it wasn't up to par with my quality standards. This cost me a lot of time. Paired with a week lost to hardware failures and a week lost to sickness, I'm now coming to the realization that I need a little bit more time. I apologize about this delay.

For some this might just be a standard thing, it's not like it's my first delay, but this one hits me pretty hard. I'm not gonna go into too much detail as I don't want to make any empty promises, but I plan to let this delay be a lesson for me and to increase my output in the next months and in 2024. An update every 3-4 months is too few for me. Children of Morn is a very complex game that naturally needs more time to make than MIST, due to the increase in renders and custom 3D Models, but I can still do this quicker than I'm doing it now.

But, that's for the future. I plan to proof my words with actions. That's gonna take quite some time, but I think I can do it. You'll hear from me soon and I wish everyone a great start to the week, please be patient with me : D

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The development has progressed quite a lot and I'm confident that you can soon get your hands on version 0.3. I can't name an exact date, as I don't want to rush my editor and thus don't know exactly when I get the files back or how long it'll take me to implement the adjustments, but it's not very far off anymore. I'm sticking with the release of version 0.3 in early November.

Everything new:

• Renders: All sex-scenes are animated and rendered. That means 3 full scenes, 8 animations in total.
  • Writing: The writing is almost completed. Now my editor has all the files to get rid of any errors and provide feedback.
  • Polish: A lot of polish. Soundeffects, UI elements, bug fixes etc, to make sure the update looks and feels good.
  • Repeatable scenes: I wrote a second set of dialog for all three sex scenes, as they are all repeatable.
  • Free roam: I also completed another riddle section. It's just a small peek at what's going to come in future updates but it took some effort to figure out the right implementation, which will be used not only for this section but for other sections going forward.
And that is everything I did over the past two weeks. The animations took most of my time, not only to actually animate them, but also to get all the rendering done. My PC hasn't had to work this much in quite a while.

That said, I'm back to polishing the update. There's still a good amount of work done and I don't want to slow down now. I wish everyone a great week and I'm sorry about missing Monday : D

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
The development has progressed quite a lot and I'm confident that you can soon get your hands on version 0.3. I can't name an exact date, as I don't want to rush my editor and thus don't know exactly when I get the files back or how long it'll take me to implement the adjustments, but it's not very far off anymore. I'm sticking with the release of version 0.3 in early November.

Everything new:

• Renders: All sex-scenes are animated and rendered. That means 3 full scenes, 8 animations in total.
  • Writing: The writing is almost completed. Now my editor has all the files to get rid of any errors and provide feedback.
  • Polish: A lot of polish. Soundeffects, UI elements, bug fixes etc, to make sure the update looks and feels good.
  • Repeatable scenes: I wrote a second set of dialog for all three sex scenes, as they are all repeatable.
  • Free roam: I also completed another riddle section. It's just a small peek at what's going to come in future updates but it took some effort to figure out the right implementation, which will be used not only for this section but for other sections going forward.
And that is everything I did over the past two weeks. The animations took most of my time, not only to actually animate them, but also to get all the rendering done. My PC hasn't had to work this much in quite a while.

That said, I'm back to polishing the update. There's still a good amount of work done and I don't want to slow down now. I wish everyone a great week and I'm sorry about missing Monday : D

thx, here is a nice picture that goes with the status update:love: (y)
Monday Update_98.jpg

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
oh wow how did I miss this? I loved MIST, one of my favorite games.
quick question if I may, concearning the future tags

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

will these be avoidable ( never happen as per player's choise)?

thank you for any and all info
happy gaming and a beautiful day to all.

Reactions: nyex117 and darlic

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
oh wow how did I miss this? I loved MIST, one of my favorite games.
quick question if I may, concearning the future tags

will these be avoidable ( never happen as per player's choise)?

thank you for any and all info
happy gaming and a beautiful day to all.
FemDom avoidable?
No ? :unsure: I mean you did not have a choice in Mist either, whether you wanted to get them pregnant, or not, let alone having sex with pregnant chick. Why would you have a choice whether MC gonna be ass fucked or not ?!:cautious:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 37 Votes