vardock

Mar 20, 2019
I am trying out the game and so far I think the sound design is pretty well done. It certainly makes the game feel very mysterious. I am unsure what to think of the story yet since I am only a few scenes in, but we will see.

am kind of expecting some Fem-dom due to how the game starts, which is not really my cup of tea, but I think as long as it is not too extreme I will continue on since I have high expectations for the quality of the story as well as animations because of the last game that was worked on.

I look forward to seeing what comes of the game as it is developed.

Czubowna

Apr 15, 2023
Quite short release, but very high quality. Music fits, atmosphere is pretty good and I love journals/glossaries etc instead of a huge wall of text. Looking forward to new updates

One thing that concerns me: the developer written about how he expected more positive feedback. I just hope he'll make this game how he wants it to be and not listening much to people suggestions, cause it usually makes things worse. Dont compromise man and good luck.

Feb 21, 2023
Quite short release, but very high quality. Music fits, atmosphere is pretty good and I love journals/glossaries etc instead of a huge wall of text. Looking forward to new updates

One thing that concerns me: the developer written about how he expected more positive feedback. I just hope he'll make this game how he wants it to be and not listening much to people suggestions, cause it usually makes things worse. Dont compromise man and good luck.
I can pretty much second all of this. The animations and overall look of the game are mesmerizing. I don't have much experience with Point and Click in VNs, but this seems good so far. I cannot imagine where much negativity would be coming from here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It is pretty early in development, so I am personally gonna wait a bit more to see where things are going. But it looks to have a lot of potential and good luck to 395 for a successful game.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update_89.jpg

After a little vacation I'm back at my desk and working on the game. The next update will be version 0.1.1, the start of the first chapter of Children of Morn. So let's take a look at what I got done in the last week.

Everything new:

I've fully planned the next update out. That means I have a clear image of all the dialog, scenes, environments, renders and code I need to make for the update.
I've also started working on the environments I'll need for the update and have finished about 75% of them, the last 25% are gonna be completed over the next few days.
And I've kept working with my composer on the music and you'll be able to hear a few new tracks in the next update.
And that's it for now. It doesn't look like much, but getting the environments done is a big deal. When they are all finished I can start working on the renders and dialog and that's not all. The way I'm now making my environments and planning them out, every single one I build adds to my pool of 3D models. And the deeper the pool gets, the quicker I'll be able to produce high quality environments later on.

That's the curse and blessing of 3D graphics, especially when you make the assets all yourself and don't use premade ones. It starts of very slow, but continuosly ramps up in speed and later on I'll have all the assets and environments to just create the story without taking any breaks to model a ladder, a window or whatever.

And now it's back to modeling for me. I need to get that last 25% done. Have a good day, a good week and you'll hear from me soon!

Aug 1, 2021
I loved the MIST, and I was looking forward to Children of Morn. I'm just sorry that I don't have an .ipa version for iOS yet.

Last edited:

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update_90.jpg

Two weeks have passed once again. This time, my attention was all on the game, nothing else. So let's talk about the progress.

Everything new:

I've changed the attic that you saw shortly in 0.1 to be a bit more lively.
I also changed the magic shop you saw for two images a tiny little bit.
I've started on the writing and have completed about 30% of it.
Meanwhile I took some of the scripts from MIST and adapted the UI for traveling between rooms of the house to look better and to have great visual indicators for where other characters are currently at.
And I started work on the first minigame and almost completed it too. There are only a few finishing touches left and some balancing work.
I also made a new animated UI thingy for the switches between daytime and nighttime. Doesn't sound like much, but it looks good.
And I came up with a new technique for visible windows in indoor shots. In the past I was trying to just fake backgrounds or omit the view entirely, now you can actually see the backyard, or street, or whatever I imagine to be beyond the window.
The progress is really steady and some big hurdles where cleared. Especially the minigame. The coding for it went a lot more smoothly than I thought it would and it shows me that my Ren'Py and Python knowledge has definitely increased. The other minigame ideas I have for the future of the game now seem very possible to me, while I was previously afraid I wouldn't be able to code them.

Apart from that the writing is progressing and I made some critical decisions on design problems I was avoiding until now. I barely ever mention those because they are too small, but sometimes a little question like, a menu being on the left or right side of the screen, can take up a lot of time. Getting those out of the way is very freeing.

And that is it for today. I'm now going back to put the mentioned finishing touches on the minigame. You'll hear from me again soon, have a nice week!

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
1686230933807.png

It's almost monday and I might've forgotten to do the regular post, let's not waste too much time, here is everything you need to know.

Everything new:

• The writing is about 90% done. All that's left is to go in and polish it as good as I can. Those are the final 10%.
  • I've rendered about 65% of the total images needed for this update.
  • I've fully planned out all the animations, but the animating still needs to be done.
  • I completed the first minigame you'll encounter in the game.
  • And I made important additions to the UI.
  • I've also put the first sandbox elements into the game. It's not much yet as the systems will be expanded with further story progress, but I think you can already get a glimpse at what I'm going for.
  • I've also implemented about 50% of the sounds for the update.
  • And made a bunch of 3D assets to be used in future environments.
The update is starting to slowly come together. I think at the end of next week I'll have a first rough draft playable and then I'll spend all my time on polishing until the updates release. I can't tell you an exact date when that will be though, as there is still plenty of opportunity for unexpected roadblocks ahead.

That said, I think I'll be able to give a more accurate date in the next Monday Update. That's all, have a good week and you'll hear from me soon.

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
Game was very good. left many questions to ask, Like WTF is going on?

Hope this game will get approved on steam, sad that MIST never made it..

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
1687185464080.png

This time it really is Monday and it really is time for another Monday Update. Things progressed smoothly, so let's get to the new stuff.

Everything new:

• The writing is done. I'm just now putting on the finishing touches and then I'll send the files to my Editor at the end of the week.
  • I've rendered about 99% of all the images for this update.
  • I've also animated and rendered the two sex scenes that will be in this update.
  • And I fully implemented them with soundeffects and everything into the game. One of those two, is also the first repeatable scene of the game.
  • I kept working on the soundeffects for this update and am pretty far along with those, I'd say 75%.
  • And I also did a bunch of different little tasks that keep piling up.
I severly underestimated the amount of small problems and code snippets I'd have to solve and make in this update, which is slowing me down quite a bit. For some reason I didn't take into account how many systems I still had to make and plan through in their entirety, keeping the next few years of development in mind.

The experience I got from MIST is really helping me in making those decisions, but I still struggle coming up with mechanics that have no actual content yet but will have that content down the line. It's all very theoretical which isn't my strongest suit.

But now the update is looking very good and a release isn't far off. I don't see myself finishing it in June as there is still a lot of polishing to be done, but I can definitely see a release in early July. So it's not far off anymore.

And that's it. You'll hear from me in two weeks and I wish everyone a good week!

4.10 star(s) 37 Votes