Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I'm not. I agree that the content is tilted towards the NTR path at the moment. I disagree that the game is content-free for people on other paths. I think impatience is never a virtue while reading a story.
"OMG, she's totally banging that black dude!" if you can avoid it isn't a reason that the alternative path must include commensurate content. The starting state of the MC isn't exactly a secret. He's not going to be impregnating the island the day after he arrives.
I have to second you on this! That ATM there is more content for NTR/Voyeur routes is even acknowledged by the Devs and they already stated earlier that some updates will be more for Alpha, some more Diplomat, some more for Betas. Case in point the nextupdate will be focused on family interactions.

As for content on non-Alpha routes, I played a bit with various diplomat routes, focused on Mom and Sis. I got over these routes, partly as told before, a handjob from Mom, Kiss from Sis, playing with Sis´breasts, blowjob from Sophie, blowjob from the coffee shop barrista, dream about Mom or aunt and some breastplay with the Aunt. And I am rather sure I did not get everything on these routes. Yes, that be "less" than what you might see on the voyeur route, but it shows that there is content for the other routes.
And the choices you make do make a difference. There is quite a variance how the diplomat routes turn out. That is great!

I think sometimes that the super-alphas did just a single playthrough, did not get their choices right and now sulk.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Folks, I very seriously don't disagree that "content" (meaning H-scenes) is overloaded towards non-MC routes. But it's a game in which choices can (when errors are fixed, like they were after the last upsdate) result in a pause while the MC builds up his Greek alphabetical primacy.

Hoorah.

Reactions: User_17502

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
We've moved from "nothing" to "badly written" fairly quickly.

Can we get a "not enough for me" all up in here?
Oh let me specify, I don't generally count words as "content." So when I say badly written I mean the text as a whole for the Alpha route, not specifically in relation to the scenes. I don't know why you combined them

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Basically if you want to play the alpha path at the moment and even mainly on the diplomat path the game at this moment is a cockblock simulator for the black guys. Dev said there would be more interaction (now he did not say sexual interaction) between MC and his family in 0.9 so we finally get the feeling that we are forging relations with them. That is the moment I am looking forward to and will start to play. I do not need to bang mom and sis on day one, but I do want to see the relation evolving in an incest path, cause that is what incest games are about: The relation with your family members. Not just cockblock third parties.
And how come no one mentions that the NTR situations are just as unrealistic as Cuckboi9000 banging the whole town. None of this is realistic.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Well, then let me ask you @RedPillBlues, if this game ended with an MC harem but denied you that pleasure and tortured you with NTR temptations until the very end of that route, would you be okay with it? What's the word count at which you'd consider this a story rather than wish fulfillment?

And how come no one mentions that the NTR situations are just as unrealistic as Cuckboi9000 banging the whole town
Because no one other than you has ever conflated the two?

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Well, then let me ask you @RedPillBlues, if this game ended with an MC harem but denied you that pleasure and tortured you with NTR temptations until the very end of that route, would you be okay with it? What's the word count at which you'd consider this a story rather than wish fulfillment?
I wouldn't play it, does that answer your question? Playing an entire game avoiding content I don't like isn't fun, or more importantly fappable. Im not going to spend 10 hours skipping dozens of NTR scenes to get one mediocre Harem scene.

As for word count, its not the words count, its the story itself. All the situations in the story are pretty unrealistic for the NTR, but I'm supposed to sit here accept that the beta and alpha routes are the ones that have to be serious? This isn't a The Last Sovereign.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Gosh, these goalposts are so slippery and keep transporting themselves all over the field.

If you don't believe that there's an "alpha route" then I very earnestly and seriously ask why you're participating in this game thread.

If you don't believe that serious NTR routes can be countered by serious NTR-avoidance routes, then I seriously ask why you're participating in this game thread.

If you don't believe in the story itself, then...honestly, why are you here?

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
If you don't believe that there's an "alpha route," then I very earnestly and seriously ask why you're participating in this game thread.
Just because there isn't one currently doesn't mean there wont be one in the future, even if i'm skeptical, who knows maybe it'll be alright. And with that hope I check the thread every now and then, this time I saw someone replying to someone asking about incest content and joined in. Can you not go literally a page back?
If you don't believe that serious NTR routes can be countered by serious NTR-avoidance routes, then I seriously ask why you're participating in this game thread.
First of all let me stop you at serious, the cuck route is not serious. You want to know what im really hoping for? A mod that just locks it all out from the beginning.
beat my meat? Ok not only to beat my meat, there are some games that I actually really enjoy the story. A recent one would be Gates Motel.

Reactions: Koulo077

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Right, there we go. So: there's going to be a route in which you're intrigued enough to play and stick around. If that's true for you, then it's true for others who share your preferences. And if that's true, then flinging potential players aside based on the current content of the game is...

Well, you know what i'm going to say. It's the assurance of future content, isn't it? You know how the sentence ends, and so you're going to go ahead and read it until the end even though the end doesn't yet exist.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Right, there we go. So: there's going to be a route in which you're intrigued enough to play and stick around. If that's true for you, then it's true for others who share your preferences. And if that's true, then flinging potential players aside based on the current content of the game is...

Well, you know what i'm going to say. It's the assurance of future content, isn't it? You know how the sentence ends, and so you're going to go ahead and read it until the end even though the end doesn't yet exist.
They should be just as skeptical as I am.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Cock blocking is not a serious NTR avoiding route and certainly not a fun one. A route where you evolve your own relations with your mom and sis is though. So that is what I am waiting for and whether that has a hand-job, full penetrating sex, a kiss or some groping is not what matters first nor only thing that matters. Though remember this is an adult game in the end as the NTR part shows. Not all of us are into extreme slow burns without any relations evolving and game over when you finally get to the fun parts or having to follow the NTR path to see some action. :p

Edit: to be fair those parts are not there at this moment on the alpha path at all.

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
Gosh, these goalposts are so slippery and keep transporting themselves all over the field.

If you don't believe that there's an "alpha route" then I very earnestly and seriously ask why you're participating in this game thread.

this is what happens when ntr lovers run out of arguments : they tell you if you dont like it go play another game...we're not here to troll or cause we dont like the game ,we're here cause we like it and this was supose to be an even game with even content for both routes,and yes how come the ''alpha'' route has to be the realistic one and gets no content whilst the others are the ones that are unrealistic as shit and the content seems rushed and thrown out there just to please the ntr players while other routes get close to no content?

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
@Segnbora At the end of the day you think that there's enough content and story to warrant a play through of the Alpha route. I don't think there is because of a lack of content, and the story isn't enough to carry it. You believe there will be a good Alpha and beta route, I'm skeptical. Its ok to disagree.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I was wondering will eventually a gym be introduced too ? if the character is going to become alpha he really needs to be looking the part. Right now he looks way to nerdy to even be seen as any alpha type.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I was wondering will eventually a gym be introduced too ? if the character is going to become alpha he really needs to be looking the part. Right now he looks way to nerdy to even be seen as any alpha type.
Not a bad idea, while it is pretty cliche its no joke that the gym is a serious self esteem, and confidence booster.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Handjob from your mother = no sexual content.

Got it.
For someone who is not alpha yet he did get enough though, like you mentioned hand job from mom, blow job from the aunt another blow job from the barrista. just because he did not have full sex scene yet, does not mean there are absolutely no content yet in the alpha route. we just need to wait and see for next chapters how things evolve.

How can i forget at the party he even get another blow job from the markus his girlfriend. That seem plenty of content for me. most other games dont have that much content in the starting phase the game wife and mother still waiting for sexual content at all.

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

arshad545

Oct 3, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Invalid key specifier image_load_log

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\MHA\Downloads\CultureShock-0.85-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\MHA\Downloads\CultureShock-0.85-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\MHA\Downloads\CultureShock-0.85-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\MHA\Downloads\CultureShock-0.85-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\MHA\Downloads\CultureShock-0.85-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3477, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\MHA\Downloads\CultureShock-0.85-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\MHA\Downloads\CultureShock-0.85-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 435, in event
    if map_event(ev, name):
  File "C:\Users\MHA\Downloads\CultureShock-0.85-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 221, in map_event
    check_code = eval("lambda ev : " + compile_event(keysym, True), globals())
  File "C:\Users\MHA\Downloads\CultureShock-0.85-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 140, in compile_event
    raise Exception("Invalid key specifier %s" % key)
Exception: Invalid key specifier image_load_log

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Culture Shock 0.85
Thu Apr 04 15:11:42 2019

anybody help

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I think if the devs simply labeled the routes "becoming an Alpha" or "becoming a Diplomat" would have saved a lot of frustration on behalf of the players expecting an actual "Alpha" or "Diplomat" route.
They did. Explained it multiple times. Everybody who paid a minimum of attention knows it. This should really be a non-issue by now.

LordStrike

Sep 13, 2018
error is popping out when trying to investigate the company (Delmar or something) on the PC like multiple times.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
@Segnbora
Seems there are a couple of guys really pissed off with the devs and need to come here over and over to rant, making false statements to enforce his arguments.
See @wep said: https://f95zone.to/threads/culture-shock-v0-85-king-of-lust.13753/post-1695730
The devs explain their visions of the game. We, as users, may or may not like them and reasonable people just move on if not. But seems not everybody can do it.
So the best I suggest is to try ignore these arguments to avoid endless pointless discussions.

3.30 star(s) 81 Votes