N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
Added new bug fix to op and check the readme file.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Awesome thanks!

So to play the game I download the main game, the patch and the bugfix?
You're welcome. Yep. Put the bugfix in but there might still be bugs as you can see from the last page or so (I haven't tested the latest update the mod just posted so there might be some in your playthrough) and for the incest patch, it's only if you want incest but if you do, follow the instructions as there's two versions of it.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
i have updatet the incest patch again.I have found that i forgot 1 text line in day 7 to change

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I was disappointed in this update as it seemed to me to introduce too many new Characters to no real interest in the short or longer term for me. I was hoping for more of a story progression with the existing characters and that quite frankly didnt happen as far as I was concerned.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
With incest and bugfix - and 0.5 save:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/day8.rpy", line 105, in script
    with Pause
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.NoTransition'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 4e1ab50>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 49f3550>}>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    with Pause
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1357, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1456, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2217, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3005, in interact_core
    raise Exception("Expected transition to be a displayable, not a %r" % trans)
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.NoTransition'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 4e1ab50>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 49f3550>}>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Culture Shock 0.60
Thu Dec 27 14:50:55 2018

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Most dev's resent that they're losing income from leechers among other things and it's tough to change the mind of someone with built-up resentment.
Well there is the thing, do you do that for fun or do you do that to make money? Lets be honest, here are a lot of games where no one would pay for if they couldn't test it beforehand...or at all because you know.

Sure there are games here where i would say that i would buy them when they are finished, but there are also a lot of games that i would not even touch if you would pay me for it. ;)

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I was disappointed in this update as it seemed to me to introduce too many new Characters to no real interest in the short or longer term for me. I was hoping for more of a story progression with the existing characters and that quite frankly didnt happen as far as I was concerned.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well there is the thing, do you do that for fun or do you do that to make money? Lets be honest, here are a lot of games where no one would pay for if they couldn't test it beforehand...or at all because you know.
Don't get me wrong in this business you have to have some sort of passion to head down an AVN route over other game types but if you're pouring your blood, sweat and tears over this and would like to be remunerated for your effort, surely you'd want as much as you can get? My original point was not all devs think the same of leechers so it's hard to gauge and some don't like to change their opinion because of prior resentment of leecher communities.

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Oh yeah btw @Heartlessnobody95 is it me or there are no rivals *yet* with swimming teacher and some of the other teachers? or will it be Marcus? also please lemme know if marcus got punched for spilling the cum instead of doing it into the cup

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
My AV doesn't want to Download the bugfix saying the website is infected ...
The upload site puts the bugfix into an .exe file, which causes problems. Please upload the bugfix to some site that allows a straight download as a ZIP or RAR

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
The heck? The bugfix has a Trojaner and is an Exe-file? I would never download an unknown exe-file. ^^

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Don't get me wrong in this business you have to have some sort of passion to head down an AVN route over other game types but if you're pouring your blood, sweat and tears over this and would like to be remunerated for your effort, surely you'd want as much as you can get? My original point was not all devs think the same of leechers so it's hard to gauge and some don't like to change their opinion because of prior resentment of leecher communities.
I know what you mean, but if you present your game to a bigger community you'll find more people that are willing to pay if your work is good. It doesn't matter anyway what you or i are thinking, its what the dev decides to do and thats good that way.

Reactions: King of Lust
U

User_17502

Okay, it's probably just me but i think Maude is a tsundere (check it out on google if you dunno what it is) she gave Marcus a HJ but he came way more than she expected, got shit messy and that's why he got punched in the face xD, yet she's still interested in him (since thats what tsunderes do, "i hate you i hate you but i love you)
In the end decent update, liked everything about it. @Heartlessnobody95 @King of Lust Three's a small bug, when Tracy calls Liza, instead of Liza it says Lucas (where it says who's speaking atm) also when you ignore mom's crying it crashes
Bug fixed below. That was my bad. Kept using the call code for Lucas instead of Liza.
With respect to Maude being a tsundere,
That wasn't her fist meeting Marcus's face ;)
I downloaded the new Culture Shock and I am getting an error starting the game.
I can't replicate this one at all. Do you mind giving me some more information about how this happened? Or has anyone else encountered this bug?
Can't open the mac version. I get "This application can't be opened"
Seems to work just fine? Is there a problem with your AV?
still some errors
Bug Fixed below.
do we need to start a new game? Old saves dont seem to be working
Old saves should work so long as you saved before the "You Died" screen and before you went to bed.
Error again and old saves dont work even if you dont install Ipatch
Old saves should work. As long as you saved before you went to bed.
Again another game that on the 3rd day you get a error. I was enjoying it too. The error occured after the beach and marcus talking to the mother..
Bugfixed below.
Getting an error.
Bugfixed below.
With incest and bugfix - and 0.5 save:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    with Pause

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    with Pause
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1357, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1456, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2217, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "[...]\CultureShock-0.60-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3005, in interact_core
    raise Exception("Expected transition to be a displayable, not a %r" % trans)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Culture Shock 0.60
Thu Dec 27 14:50:55 2018
Bugfixed below.

To apply the bugfix. Unzip the "game" file and copy and paste it into the "CultureShock-0.60-pc" or "Cultureshock-0.60-mac" file.
Allow it to overwrite. And then the game should work as intended.

Thanks for all the feedback with regards to the bugs. I know they are not fun to run into but I appreciate your patience and fervor for our tiny little game.

Reactions: gigan
3.30 star(s) 81 Votes