Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
That bug was just found by someone else too. Expect a new build and a patch tonight :) I've also fixed a the jet thing. And tweaked some dialogue a bit.

It's not currently possibly to buy mana crystal powder. Honestly I didn't anticipate people grinding so hard they would get past the point where they could consistently roll over 100 for mana gathering. It's a balance issue for sure. If you have a motashi lectis equipped un equipping it might help for now. But expect the mana wasps to drop the powder in 0.4.

Reactions: SpecterX

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Having just gotten back into playing (well, a few hours ago), I noticed the game is lacking a bit in trigger pacing.
I leave the base, get called to come back in and go to the VIP lounge.
Going inside, I'm hit by the Keikyu+Hanabi being fired event (btw, if coming back from a mission the background stays black until the first room change on that).
Once that's done, I go to the VIP lounge, where I get the Jet + Absinthe event, followed by forcibly being moved to the Bar where I get the first Vanda event (surprisingly cute in that outfit).
I've been trying to go to that event I was called for that was supposedly "urgent" for 5+ minutes at normal reading speed now, and an ingame day later I still haven't had the chance. I think it might be helpful if there was an event-trigger block for such cases.

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Hahaha I'll try and address some of that in the next update unfortunately a lot of those events are triggered by affection levels. So if you do a lot of stuff to raise affection without going back to the base it can be a bit like that. However I think I know a good way to fix it.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
I'm not aware of having done anything specifically to raise affection levels. Not even sure anymore what does that.
But, I knowthose things can happen. Just figured I'd mention it.
Also, on the 'Crime Scene', when the party is said to turn around and leave, there was a dog in the way, deadlocking the game until a restart.
Edit: Not quite restart, apparently a reload (autosave loading failed because of a "clamp" something), from before I got into the area.

Last edited:

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Huh .. that thing with the dog/cat fucking things up should have been fixed. It should be really rare tho. I'm going to have to pen those events in. And it's sometimes just how people play. If it's a bit different than how i usually test it's a bit hard to know how people do things. It's weird but it's easily fixed. I just set the beast emerges emergenc trigger not to happen until you're done with keikyu/hanabi.

Btw I am now aware Dhuzzi event is still acting a bit weird now it kicks you back to the Yamiko mountains with sealed gates. But if you just keep going and finish the exploration then everything should be fine. I don't want to update the patch all over again. And the final Dhuzzi event will be getting an overhaul for 0.4 to make it neater XD .. Teach me for trying to change maps mid parallel event ..

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
One more thing I found puzzling:
The events with Vanda. I've never talked to her in thebase before, and only brought her on one, maybe two, short missions.
If the events are based on affection, and affection is based on interaction, then I really don't know how I triggered those.
Later dialogues don't make as much sense then.
Edit: And on the Dhuzzi events (of which I got 3 in a single run), on click the party still moves around, and apparently sometimes passes to squares they shouldn't yet? Or maybe the last talk event didn't count as one but still dropped the border.
Also, when picking her up, the party ends up in midway again, but it's still considered to be a mission, so saving is disabled. No resources, as well, for obvious reasons.
Going into the maze (short) afterwards, I had an interesting arangement where there was a portal on the top right and bottom right, but not the middle, and the first 6 events were already done. I managed to get to the bottom portal without a single fight. ...ahh, I see. I should have gone back to the mountain?

And damn, I have no idea what to do about the Samantha research. I think I had the same problem the last time with such a quest. I really thought I'd have to find clues on missions this time. What gives. Ah well, luckily there's forum search. ^^

Last edited:

PsyClogr

Dec 20, 2017
atm i can't progress the main story, since i have all the neccesary steps for this quest done but it won't progress the quest. Is this a bug?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Try going into mailloux labs if nothing happens send me your save folder over discord and I'll look into it. What should happen is that you should get a ping in the docks to return to mailloux labs. However you are very nearly at the end of current content.

DrakeNot

Oct 11, 2020
I'm sorry but I cant figure out where I am supposed to find mei and Samantha

edit: Nevermind figured it out

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Holly dicks, whats memory usage?
new.jpg
It takes 3.3 gigs of ram in main menu. Game itself have size only only around 700 megabytes.
Crazy_Chameleon what are you doing there? Im scared to open game folder(s) it in visual studio.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
The RNG in this game sometimes can get quite aggravating.
For hours, I'm not getting the artefact I need - well, I honestly have no idea where to best get them in the first place.
So I decide to buy that one tech artefact I still need, and then later go about the whole 6 magic ones I still need.
So I buy it to get the metal works, go into the maze to build them, and you can probably guess, artefacts. 2 tech (that I don't need anymore), and 2 magic.
Speaking of randomness:
I gather every event is random on those explorations?
Would it be possible to just create, say, 5 layouts that have different orders of event categories, and each of those cetegories has a random selection of one type of event and a less likely secondary selection?
Then you could, that way, make sure that there's no such thing as 5 fights in a row, or in the above case 3 artefacts.
Basically, move part of the randomness to the map generation.
Of course, creating that layout randomly would also be fine. Or just a counter in the background, I suppose, that also works. And, reagarding maps, if a longer run creates harder enemies, maybe it should also reliably yield better drops, in case the event is one that grants items? (example: I do a full maze clear, and the first row sums up to 450 Kultan and 1 Erosi). Of course, alternatively, better drops could just be restricted to the lower lanes. I admit that I can't rule out the possibility that's already the case and it's just the RNG again. After all I never got 50 money on the long runs. In that case, maybe just steepen the curve a little?)
Or, maybe add some player choice? Say, have strong and weak encounters, and once a player has reached a certain level they get the option to scare away the opponents for half the xp gains and no vajra? Or deciding on an approach for each "alley" or "valley" where you could roam agressively, or be more careful, with a chance of avoiding a combat encounter, but also less drops? :unsure: Guess this has started turning into a feedback post without me noticing, when at first I was just kind of venting at the rng. (favourite so far: 2x fire motashi, 2x barricade, 2x magic artefact, baricade, motashi, artefact^^)

Something else: Are there multiple options to raise Charisma, at this point, or just Taka? And Aura manipulation, I suppose.
Not that it makes a difference as of yet.
Edit X: On the Vajra Infuser Quest, I first dropped of the last resource and then immediately went in, resulting in Samantha calling me to her lab after I left, and in the quest log the last entry remained white (though the quest was said to have been finished). If I first go somewhere else, she will ask as soon as I'm back in the dock area. Granted, neither option actually grants the quest reward (so far).

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy_Chameleon

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
I'm going to be toning down the grind. I'll admit that I purposefully went pretty hard on it right form the start. Because it's easier to start high and go down rather than start low and go up. A lot of people have objected. I believe I already stated what I'll be doing to help. But first is I'm going to slightly raise the sell price of goods in kulta. And second I'm going to create additional sources of artifacts. Some of the higher level enemies will drop them rarely and there will also be more artifact events in the expanded random event pools. I appreciate things are a bit annoying right now with balancing the grind. But this is precisely why I included the debug attack.

For the tier 1 zones I think I will leave things more or less as is randomness wise. As that would require me rebuilding a LOT of stuff which would take a very long time. It will be easier to add a few events to each zone to lessen the odds of bad rng and tone down the combat frequency. Which I think is a bit high right now. However I do actually like your idea of grouping the events into multiple pools. And I'll be implementing it for tier 2 zones onwards.

And yeah the weirdness with the Vajra infuser shouldn't break your save. But I have found the weirdness and caught it. If you didn't save before finishing the quest then the quest might hang around unfinished in your journal. But it won't really impact your save. The journal itself doesn't really track the quest progress. And all the variables that you need should be in their correct values.

When it comes to charisma all gathering conversations raise it. And so does any event where you successfully persuade someone. Right now there are only two examples. The first is if you have high tung mei affection she will respond well to you. And quote you less for her services during legalize it. By the same token. If Samantha responds well to your flirting then you gain charisma.

There will be methods of checking it. As well as new methods of getting it implemented at some point. I'm going to be expanding the Hud at that point I will add elements for influence and the player's charisma score.

ALL feedback is appreciated. ESPECIALLY elements of the game you find particularly aggravating.

Reactions: UnDeaD_CyBorG

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
A lot of people have objected.
Typical whining from typical weaklings who boot cheats in every game they play anyway. :whistle::coffee:
Force everyone to play your game like YOU want it to be played man, you won't adapt to everyone anyway so make people adapt to you instead. Gaining power is not supposed to be easy in the first place.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
For the artefacts, I think what would be most helpful would be
A) An option to re-check where specific artefacts are most likely to find, and
B) Trade them. Maybe as easy as allowing them to be sold at half price, or, if there's not that many options to use them and you fear for the 'economy', allow a 2 for 1 or 3-1 trade ratio at some place, probably Samantha (as she is selling them anyways).

Maybe also of interest, when I was supposed to bail out Vanda, if I immediately went down afterwards, the surface was still blocked - as was going to the base and immediately back.
So I spent a few runs in the maze, where no resource gathering buildings can be placed, before it became so tedious I decided to try again to go down.
Could there be a more obvious announcement that it's possible now? I seem to remember there was one, but that was obviously not the time it actually was open.

As for the grind, I think the most annoying thing is that you often have to repeat things that aren't really challenging anymore, or fun.
Vanda f.Ex. is a character that, usually starting with no mp or tp, always spends her first turn doing the same thing, and she better not miss. Every character but the protagonist, in my book, has at most 2 valid moves for starting an engagement, and the safest route is almost always a slow buildup under cover of defensive abilities until a series of "attack all" skills can be triggered, followed by mopping up the survivors. I know you're probably aware of that, but I think some of the party members could just do with a little more synergy.
Though that all said and done, I've had my fun with the latest version and I will support it once I actually can. :)

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Holly dicks, whats memory usage?
View attachment 2065433
It takes 3.3 gigs of ram in main menu. Game itself have size only only around 700 megabytes.
Crazy_Chameleon what are you doing there? Im scared to open game folder(s) it in visual studio.
This isn't an issue anyone else has reported and judging from my download numbers many people have played the game .. And given lots of feedback. I'm not saying you aren't experiencing this issue. But this is most certainly the result of either a rather rare memory leak or some kind of compatibility issue between your system and the rpgmakerMZ engine itself. Could even be third party software fucking about. Which is frustrating because such problems are extremely hard to identify or diagnose. Almost impossible for a single dev like me. If you can find information on where that issue is coming from I'll take steps to correct it. But I'm not going to go looking for a needle in a haystack XD

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
This isn't an issue anyone else has reported and judging from my download numbers many people have played the game .. And given lots of feedback. I'm not saying you aren't experiencing this issue. But this is most certainly the result of either a rather rare memory leak or some kind of compatibility issue between your system and the rpgmakerMZ engine itself. Could even be third party software fucking about. Which is frustrating because such problems are extremely hard to identify or diagnose. Almost impossible for a single dev like me. If you can find information on where that issue is coming from I'll take steps to correct it. But I'm not going to go looking for a needle in a haystack XD
How much memory it takes on your machine?

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Personal feedback on that:In the main menu, the game takes about 300 mb of Ram, in the laggy docks, it more than doubles to around 700, usually below that.
Though tbf I probably wouldn't have noticed, nore cared, if it was 3x as much.

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes