Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Thanks for the feedback!

1. I'll sort out the Gabriella affection stuff you're right that shouldn't be the case.

I've already been working on fixing the rest of the issues you mentioned. And they will all be fixed in 0.3

You're right about the mana crystal powder. Though it would be very hard to run out. I agree that it's still possible and that's an oversight of mine. I will create a skill for the demon lord to allow him to condense mana in his reserve into the portable forms. Whichever one he chooses. So someone who is incapable of getting powder may obtain it with a little inefficiency. It's good that you pointed this out. Because zones in later chapters will instead give pebbles as their low tier result and something higher as their high tier and give more skill points. At a certain point you will be able to get more than pebbles from ch1 too. There needs to be a system in place to prevent material lockout. So good catch :)

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
I'm looking for a way to do keybinding so players can change it but this does appear to be slightly tricky. I set it to wasd because there are some parts of the game where you might want to use directional movement and mouse separately and this is usually more comfortable with wasd.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020
Is there any pregnancy content planned?

Also with the title being ''Currency of Damnation'' you better add a bitcoin joke in there somewhere

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
It does depend. If you're just after the act of knocking up it's already ingame. However fully developed pregnancies will not be in the game until much later. The idea of kids being a statistic does not sit well with the themes of the game. So when I do add them you will have pregnancy vn art and sex with the mother as well as social interactions with the child as a dad. It's definitely something I'm planning on. But don't expect it anytime soon. It's kind of why I leaned into certain species not having those mechanics. So I could at least have that kind of breeding content partially in the game without it being a huge investment of time. I want to have at least a few chapters fully finished before I consider something like that. As I would probably have to dedicate an entire update of content at least to each pregnancy. If I'm going to do this I'm going to do it RIGHT XD

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
I'm stuck on the Investigate Samantha mission. I only find one clue police station. I can't find others.

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Check the bottom right of the Maze. After you have that and the police station more npcs' will show up.

snslty

Aug 29, 2021
Some bugs:

To finish an expedition, you click the symbol in the floor at the end. When you finish an expedition, click "No" when it asks if you want to sell materials, then quickly click the symbol in the floor again. This finishes the expedition twice (it will get a bit glitchy) and doubles the completion rewards (Kulta, Influence, and materials), which is rather useful for the grindy "Legalize It!" side quest.​
After the Vajra construct has terrorized Tung Mei's shop, you can bypass the police cordon by entering through the south alleyway. This allows you to enter her shop, in which case she will be there as if nothing happened. Furthermore, when you leave the shop, you are placed on an impassable tile, making you unable to move. To fix this I had to edit my save file and move the player sprite to some other unobstructed location.​

Some QoL suggestions:

I don't know if this is customizable, but every time you open the main menu, the game autosaves. This means that the game will overwrite your autosave before you can even reach the load menu. To actually be able to load an old autosave, you need to kill the game and then load it at the start (I had to do "Legalize It! twice...).​
Occasionaly you get a Fire Khara Motashi drop. Unfortunately you aren't able to sell these, so they end up being useless (your party can use 4 at most). This in spite of the fact that you need to give 500 Kulta and expensive materials to Tung Mei for her to manually craft a Fire Khara Motashi.​
Taxi services would be better if they had more destination options. Going to Tung Mei's shop can be a bore, and its the only way to craft potions/Motashi and buy a bunch of stuff. To make this work without having taxi sprites everywhere, the taxi sprite in each map could be left at the last destination it served.​
If you ask Samantha about Kits, or Raia about Influence, they don't actually explain much about those topics and instead talk about how it personally affects them. I might have gotten the wrong idea, but I expected these dialogue options to be there as a way to remind the player of how these mechanics work.​
The casual dialogue when doing "Survey the Bar" is fun, but it's a bit... too random. I often get Jet with her tits out three times in a row, which can get tiresome. Maybe choose the next dialogue randomly from a list of those not yet shown, and fill the list with all dialogues again when it goes empty or you enter the bar?​
Pepper's Dark Kunai skill does 0 damage to enemies vulnerable to Dark/Neutral damage, even though it's a Dark/Neutral element ability.​

Reactions: Konstantinus

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Thanks for the awesome feedback! The bug with bypassing the cordon has already been reported and fixed but I'll have to look into stopping people from glitching out the mission completion. Then again I'm not particularly against it if that's what people want to do. If people want to simplify the grind by doing that and it gives them a better game experience.

I'll see about extending the kit and influence converstations to give players a bit more of a mechanics suggestion. However at least when it comes to influence you do eventually get a more mechanically oriented tutorial when you first check the statistics. I do think that perhaps I skipped over explaining kits a bit too much though.

As for the fire Khara Motashi there is actually a quest in 0.3 that requires you to have three of these. I added that event to give the player an easy way to get some without having to craft everything. And to encourage players to grind the maze not just the Yamiko mountains as in testing it was noted that players would often default to these because of the surface buildings. At least at the start a lot of players favored the mountains over the maze. So they ended up behind on technological and magical artifacts.

It should be noted however that though it is 'possible' to complete legalize it in 0.2 the game doesn't really rush you to do it. Some things are a little skewed right now grind wise as when the game gets longer the player will be able to grind these side objectives out gradually over a longer period. And with the aid from quest rewards that aren't available yet. I'll have a look at adjusting these if they are still a nuisance after the game gets to the point where completing them should be easy.

As for more taxi destinations .. I do see where you're coming from. I personally thought the maps don't take that long to walk around but I do get that repeating the same journey over and over is a pain. My initial thoughts was to make one taxi destination per map. But the Huangzhao docks is a bit unique as its' the set off point for all the surface missions. I imagine making one stop for the station and one stop for a central location between tung mei's and Samantha's would be a good solution?

For the bar dialogues you aren't the frist person to mention that. It won't be in the next update but I'll see about improving it. The problem should alleviate however as more and more events get added to this pool. As the party expands and I add events for the harem girls. It will be way less likely that you'll get the same event two times in a row.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
from the discord, looks like we're getting a goblin waifu
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, 2 more bugs:
Vanda's upgraded weapon doesn't seem to be implemented correctly, after buying it she doesn't have any weapon equipped

In the side UI the exp bar is misaligned:
01.png

On the QoL front, unlike other equipment, there's no way to see how much you're actually getting out of weapon upgrades, which makes it hard to judge whether or not they're worth it (specially since they're among the more expensive upgrades around)

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Yeah unfortunately the way they work and the way weapons work makes them difficult to incorporate into a standard shop interface. Weapon upgrades are an investment that's designed to be able to wait initially. I think you only really get +10 stats out of the first upgrade. Which is still about 40% as good as their roh motashi. Weapons also boost different stats depending on the character. For example The protagonist buffs attack and magic attack. Whearas Pepper's Boosts Attack and Agility. This alone means she will never be quite the magical powerhouse the protagonist is. As with his final weapon the protag would get 200 mat from his weapon alone. The idea is to make the player further consider which roh motashi to use. Is pepper agile enough? Perhaps you can swap in a power roh to boost her magic or a strength roh to boost her weapon attacks? Or maybe just play to her strengths and give her a speed roh and watch her have every other turn XD

But you're right that there's no real way to tell so I'll modify the dialogues to include a brief description of the upgrade.

Last edited:

SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
Do you plan to balance the prices of items/weapons ameliorations/research? I think these are really high especially this early in the game.
Do you also plan to change the battle system? Like adding a bestiary, adding an option to check enemies' vulnerabilities if it's not already in the game? At the moment it is not bad at all but it's sometimes really challenging, and since the expeditions' events depend on rng most of the time you get fucked easily (that happened to me, I lost 2 hours of progress :Kappa:)

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
03Preview.jpg

Currency of Damnation 0.3 is now available to patreon early access!

Surprise H-Scene ;)

New Character Scenes for Pepper, Vanda and Jet.

One new H-Scene each for Pepper, vanda and Jet.

New recruitable monster Dhuzzi.

New Dungeon area with a surprise encounter.

New Stealth Segment.

Lots of new dialogue.

Bugs and Errors squashed.

New Art for Raia office Scene. (Raia repeatable sex menu on the way in next update.)

Partially implemented enemy weakness display. You will now get an alert if you hit an enemy weakness or resistance, Or they hit yours. I didn't have time to finish getting the on enemy status display. But once it's done It will display all discovered elemental data about an enemy.

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes