crashdingo

Jan 25, 2018
hello i have few issues on opening this game.
i have screenshot the messages of the error i get and what was inside the game folder just in case i have messed up the procedure.
i have downloaded all the pacth file including Torcher's, i have changed the name of the folder file from gibberish into an english name, i am aware that it can only be played with Locale Emulator, but no matter which file i try to open with locale emulator it won't open (CRv, Custom Reido (which i have changed the name since it was gibberish too) and Installer), when i try to open normally those file the following messages appears.
what have i done wrong?

Reactions: DJD
Dec 27, 2019
hello i have few issues on opening this game.
i have screenshot the messages of the error i get and what was inside the game folder just in case i have messed up the procedure.
i have downloaded all the pacth file including Torcher's, i have changed the name of the folder file from gibberish into an english name, i am aware that it can only be played with Locale Emulator, but no matter which file i try to open with locale emulator it won't open (CRv, Custom Reido (which i have changed the name since it was gibberish too) and Installer), when i try to open normally those file the following messages appears.
what have i done wrong?
It's usually better to straight up change your regional language for non-unicode programs straight up to japanese since it causes less issues than Locale Emulator

Feb 3, 2021
Here is my possibly unstable machine translation of the game dialogues merged with GUI translation linked.
  1. Backup your current "patch" directory in game root (where game .exe is)
    1. If you don't have it, you probably did not apply the english GUI translation, you should do it beforehand (even though only the add.xp3 file is needed)
  2. Download my patch
    1. it has UI translation (from the first post here) + machine translated dialogues (google translate)
  3. Replace your current "patch" that you backed-up in step 1 with this patch
  4. Done, dialogues are translated, no need to hassle with textractor and others...
Note: I just finished this after ~3h of work. KISS had this great idea to put dialogues into same files that contain some game logic...it is perfectly possible that I broke something (I did my best not to, but you never know) in these scripts when replacing Japanese dialogues with English one.

YOU MIGHT RUN INTO CRASH IF I ACCIDENTALLY REPLACED SOMETHING I SHOULD HAVE NOT
If you do so, simply remove the patch downloaded from my link and put back the original patch...messeging me at what point the game crashed (ie. what text was right before) may help me to adress such case.

Technical stuff, what I did, for interested guys:
  1. Extracted all xp3 files using KrkrExtract (check documentation by author of the tool), "raw" settings in all boxes
  2. Found that dialogues are stored in files with extension .ks (along with some game logic)
  3. Found that dialogue text is on the next line after line starting with `@talk`
    1. there are few dangerous things, such as sometimes the dialogue also contains game logic, solved by regular expr
  4. Extracted the japanese dialogue
  5. Thrown the dialogue at google translate
  6. Replaced the original dialogue with japanese version
  7. Figured out that the translation patch in first page (the add.xp3) hacks the game so that files in /patch dir have priority over files in xp3, therefore I did not bother building new xp3 files from the .ks ones but simply put my translated .ks files to /patch
  8. It worked
If you want to improve the machine translations, you need to search for the line you don't like in the /patch directory (Free Commander has fulltext search, search the line you don't like, file will pop-up, open the file with encoding Shift-JS, manually edit the translation, save it, restart game...if you do a lot of changes, consider starting translation improvement project with GIT?
But keep in mind that the same text will be probably in multiple files and so , proper automation of this process might be needed

I did something similar for Custom Reido fantasy already, pretty good game as well. (this translation is much safer, KISS did not mix game logic with dialogues in this one)
https://f95zone.to/threads/so-i-did...ogle-translate-and-the-result-is-okish.44894/
Does this path only work with base custom reido 5 or does it work with the expansion as well?

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
What are the exact requirements for each of the states in the 3 way split from docile? Can you meet the requirements for two of them and choose the desired one wanted by clicking cancel when it prompts the wrong upgrade? What's even different between them all?

Search brings up nothing and this seems to be the only discussion about this game anywhere. I did find an old tinyfaq page with the help of a couple of archiver websites, but that doesn't mention anything about status unlocks. Also please, no "cheat engine" replies that's not helpful.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Michealstj

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Just struggled to run the game. First tried with applocal, then swapped to trying system local, neither seemed to work. Yet, I think I found the solution for anyone else struggling.

Simply unzip the file again while system local is set to Jap.

When I unzipped it, I didn't use either option, due to this the kanji (jap script) was just a jumbled mess of symbols. The game can't locate files without the proper name, causing the game to be unable to launch. It's either this, or something was corrupt during the unzipping process. Either way, just try unzipping it again.

ragisraad

Apr 10, 2020
how do you complete the special request
i met the requirement but still fail
Not "enternainment" status enough.
Sell that heroine, train a new one with better stats like noble lady. That's the profitable way around it, even more if the one you choose is an A/S tier.

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
so.. any info wiki for this game. i'm not found it.
There was a whole section on hongfire assiociated with this game, but Hongfire is long dead, though you may get lucky and find a data backup lurking somewhere online (no clue where).
There USED to be wiki info too, though I think the relevant servers were shut down years before hongfire turned to dust.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were other sites, but I don't honestly know where they are

Last edited:

Quintessentialquin

Oct 5, 2019
I got it working with Ntleas after renaming the folder it extracts to. Might be worth a try for some people.
I am using 7 tho, dunno if it will make a diffrence.
Also had no luck with AppLocale.
Have absolutly no idea why or how, but after trying and failing to get this game running on and off for 6+ months I decided to try renaming the folder to something else thanks to this and all of the sudden it works like nothing was ever wrong. Still using a locale emu on win10 but nothing worked before so you have my thanks.

ThompsonBalo

Jul 15, 2020
Have absolutly no idea why or how, but after trying and failing to get this game running on and off for 6+ months I decided to try renaming the folder to something else thanks to this and all of the sudden it works like nothing was ever wrong. Still using a locale emu on win10 but nothing worked before so you have my thanks.
Was the folder maybe in Japanese? If so then yes, that was the problem. If you play on a windows pc that has not the japanese language running and you have a japanese folder it can cause problems and the game won`t start. I don`t know why but I experienced the exact same problem with some other games in the past which only started working after renaming the folders, so I know it is a thing.

Especially if no proper Japanese is displayed and just gibberish like that
If you see that and the game isn`t working even so you are certain it is not about local restriction because you use local emulator and no data corruption or anything else is the problem, renaming the folder is the first thing you should do. Just a hint if you have the same problem with future games.

Reactions: Quintessentialquin

Quintessentialquin

Oct 5, 2019
Was the folder maybe in Japanese? If so then yes, that was the problem. If you play on a windows pc that has not the japanese language running and you have a japanese folder it can cause problems and the game won`t start. I don`t know why but I experienced the exact same problem with some other games in the past which only started working after renaming the folders, so I know it is a thing.

Especially if no proper Japanese is displayed and just gibberish like that
If you see that and the game isn`t working even so you are certain it is not about local restriction because you use local emulator and no data corruption or anything else is the problem, renaming the folder is the first thing you should do. Just a hint if you have the same problem with future games.
I think you are exactly right, it had some indecipherable text that I ignored as I wasn't aware that would cause such issues. I'm fairly new to Japanese games (although not to books and tv lol) so I never encountered this problem until this. What I do have is a passion for fixing computer problems, and that feeling I got when I found that comment and it's solution actually worked was just about worth the frustration.

This kind of support is what made me join this site in the first place, so you all have my sincerest thanks, for what it's worth. Nothing stirs up gratitude quite like smut

HatlessHobie

Dec 31, 2019
Anyone have a full save with all the attributes and piercings, and skills unlocked and maxed out? It'd be really darn helpful. Thanks!

Reactions: vmen14

Delofler

Mar 6, 2021
This is best burthday gift I recevied in a long time!
I want to put carl meme here "aw s@@t here we go again"
but that would be so lame ^_^

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes