torcher54

Jan 29, 2018
Here is my possibly unstable machine translation of the game dialogues merged with GUI translation linked.
  1. Backup your current "patch" directory in game root (where game .exe is)
    1. If you don't have it, you probably did not apply the english GUI translation, you should do it beforehand (even though only the add.xp3 file is needed)
  2. Download my patch
    1. it has UI translation (from the first post here) + machine translated dialogues (google translate)
  3. Replace your current "patch" that you backed-up in step 1 with this patch
  4. Done, dialogues are translated, no need to hassle with textractor and others...
Note: I just finished this after ~3h of work. KISS had this great idea to put dialogues into same files that contain some game logic...it is perfectly possible that I broke something (I did my best not to, but you never know) in these scripts when replacing Japanese dialogues with English one.

YOU MIGHT RUN INTO CRASH IF I ACCIDENTALLY REPLACED SOMETHING I SHOULD HAVE NOT
If you do so, simply remove the patch downloaded from my link and put back the original patch...messeging me at what point the game crashed (ie. what text was right before) may help me to adress such case.

Technical stuff, what I did, for interested guys:
  1. Extracted all xp3 files using KrkrExtract (check documentation by author of the tool), "raw" settings in all boxes
  2. Found that dialogues are stored in files with extension .ks (along with some game logic)
  3. Found that dialogue text is on the next line after line starting with `@talk`
    1. there are few dangerous things, such as sometimes the dialogue also contains game logic, solved by regular expr
  4. Extracted the japanese dialogue
  5. Thrown the dialogue at google translate
  6. Replaced the original dialogue with japanese version
  7. Figured out that the translation patch in first page (the add.xp3) hacks the game so that files in /patch dir have priority over files in xp3, therefore I did not bother building new xp3 files from the .ks ones but simply put my translated .ks files to /patch
  8. It worked
If you want to improve the machine translations, you need to search for the line you don't like in the /patch directory (Free Commander has fulltext search, search the line you don't like, file will pop-up, open the file with encoding Shift-JS, manually edit the translation, save it, restart game...if you do a lot of changes, consider starting translation improvement project with GIT?
But keep in mind that the same text will be probably in multiple files and so , proper automation of this process might be needed

I did something similar for Custom Reido fantasy already, pretty good game as well. (this translation is much safer, KISS did not mix game logic with dialogues in this one)
https://f95zone.to/threads/so-i-did...ogle-translate-and-the-result-is-okish.44894/

Last edited:

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
Nice one Torcher! That doesn't completely translate everything, but it's a definite improvement :D

Dec 27, 2019
This game definitely needs a full translation to be appreciated, although I doubt anyone will dare to do it properly and anyone who translate it will do it with machine translation

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
This game definitely needs a full translation to be appreciated, although I doubt anyone will dare to do it properly and anyone who translate it will do it with machine translation
This is what I did to the game downloaded here:
Install the translation patch 2.0
Then install the 2.02 patch provided in the first post, then follow the instructions provided here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/custom-reido-5-kiss.4953/page-14#post-4776207

At a guess it translates about 95% of the game, some elements are still in japanese, but its not as bad as it was before Torcher translated much of the conversation elements.
It is machine translated and suffers the known quirks caused by such translations, but it is good enough to understand

Reactions: ertl

Jace1593

Dec 30, 2018
got this trying to use locale emulator on the file image_2021-01-01_204306.png Edit: Used nopy link just saying in case its got to do with the link.

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
got this trying to use locale emulator on the file View attachment 966988 Edit: Used nopy link just saying in case its got to do with the link.
I found the easiest way to get around that, is to use locale emulator on winzip/winrar or whatever you use to extract the files (it'll translate the files properly), then rename the main exe file and folder to something in english :).

Reactions: Jace1593

Jace1593

Dec 30, 2018
I found the easiest way to get around that, is to use locale emulator on winzip/winrar or whatever you use to extract the files (it'll translate the files properly), then rename the main exe file and folder to something in english :).
worked

Reactions: Gaisa

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
I only use it to change the money.
First open cheat engine, then open the game and link cheat engine to the game by selecting the little computer icon on cheat engine and selecting the respective game.
Play the intro up to the point where you capture a girl, and check funds available and set that value into cheat engine's "value" slot, then click "first scan".
Go back to the game, take note of the value of the girl, then with the respective girl selected, click the "enter" button on the bottom right of the screen.
Do what you need to do to get to the next stage, and you should be at a staging point where you can see what you have left, amongst other things; this should show up on cheat engine.
You can search for it in the list created originally, by "searching for decreased by value" or simply by scrolling down the list until the number comes up. In this case, the value shows twice, and changing both to whatever you want seemed to work for me.

Thats just a bare bones guide to using cheat engine on CR-V, there's a heck of a lot more to the tool than that and "I" don't fully understand how to use it myself, but for simple things like changing some values (on many, not all games) is pretty straight forward

Gaisa

Mar 2, 2018
Will stands for willpower, you do NOT want either that or Stamina to go into negative figures!
Negative Willpower leads to "spiritual exhaustion" (translator in my phone)
Negative Stamina leads to "physical exhaustion".
Causing either cuts the respective stat in half for the next day, reducing the amount of training the girl can handle

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
So, i've tried using Locale Emulator on this thing and i've tried reinstalling it to different drives on my computer, but I still can't get it to run.
If I try running it with the emulator, I get this error (if I could copy the text, i'd just use google translate, but it won't let me select the text):
error.PNG
So where exactly am I being a fool at, and how do I remedy it?
I've already tried sifting through the existing comments, but they didn't help.

GregoryRump

Oct 23, 2020
I searched around in Sukebei and found this:

1611827002987.png
Will this get updated? and does this contain the other extensions and plug-ins?

Reactions: ertl
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes