dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
Has anyone mentioned about the Preferences screen?
For me it's all in one long vertical list rather than the normal layout, which could be intentional, but when you get to the sound settings they go way off the right of the view and out of sight.

Reactions: Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Has anyone mentioned about the Preferences screen?
For me it's all in one long vertical list rather than the normal layout, which could be intentional, but when you get to the sound settings they go way off the right of the view and out of sight.
Yeah I've spent the last few hours fixing that. You're currently getting the 4k settings screen rather than the 1080p one. I'll put out a patch when I get the chance.

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
Nice renders as always.

Godspeed, Ellaraia
can't see neither nipples nor vaginas in the preview images.
The only thing that lets me discern Sarah from Dani is the different hair colours later on, otherwise, they're as bland as fuck can be, king.
If it wasn't for the brown/green eye colour, I'd say they're twins. Which defeats the point of having two of them.
Actually, lore wise, having to coerce two bitches instead of one is worse, because they have to share an average sized dick and balls.
I can appreciate the lack of femdom and bondage in this one (*squints* so far) and the lack of NTR is a godsend (*squints harder* so far), but this story is as entertaining as RGB was, and that story had pregnancy as a climax, not as a gameplay feature. I could write a full-on review, but I don't want to play it before some major update invalidates my wordplay/verbal barrage of honesty.

• Angry
Reactions: Feyd

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
On Sandbox/VN: I like the simplicity of the VN aspect and that I can rely on it to work. I can easily miss a bug in sandbox which turns out to be a complete disaster which is unlikely to occur in sandbox. The creation of the sandbox is something I very much enjoy, however. I'm very happy with them both existing though there are alterations required.

As for Scenarios: I like having the variation of a bunch of paths and none of them are things I dislike (unlike the old submissive Player stuff which I never liked). I do wonder if I need both Domination and Belonging but other than that, each girl has their solo paths (my irl preference) and then together there's the vanilla and obedient variants. I'll admit that I have to have both of those because my supporters are split 50/50 between them, but I enjoy both. I think Rivalry is interesting and as for the obedience content... Let's just say obedient/pet Sarah is adorable.
I think there is a big difference between taking into account the opinions of users and trying to please everyone's tastes. I am not a game developer, and in no way am I trying to teach you, but I think you went down the second path, and as far as I know, this path has never led anyone to a good result.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
can't see neither nipples nor vaginas in the preview images.
The only thing that lets me discern Sarah from Dani is the different hair colours later on, otherwise, they're as bland as fuck can be, king.
If it wasn't for the brown/green eye colour, I'd say they're twins. Which defeats the point of having two of them.
Actually, lore wise, having to coerce two bitches instead of one is worse, because they have to share an average sized dick and balls.
I can appreciate the lack of femdom and bondage in this one (*squints* so far) and the lack of NTR is a godsend (*squints harder* so far), but this story is as entertaining as RGB was, and that story had pregnancy as a climax, not as a gameplay feature. I could write a full-on review, but I don't want to play it before some major update invalidates my wordplay/verbal barrage of honesty.
What a strange comment.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What a strange comment.
Agreed. I think Sarah and Dani are pretty easy to tell apart, and I'm not a fan of humongous penises in games. I also can't say why Sober has to type out all of their issues with their eyes. :unsure: It seems they think of themselves as a verbal craftsman, though. I didn't really find any wordplay, nor did what they say seem like a "verbal barrage". I think I may just not understand the comment or something.

Reactions: Nicoed and Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Agreed. I think Sarah and Dani are pretty easy to tell apart, and I'm not a fan of humongous penises in games. I also can't say why Sober has to type out all of their issues with their eyes. :unsure: It seems they think of themselves as a verbal craftsman, though. I didn't really find any wordplay, nor did what they say seem like a "verbal barrage". I think I may just not understand the comment or something.
Yeah, their skin is completely different, face shapes, eyes, hair, bodies, height, freckles/not. I ignored them after "bitches". Just needlessly unpleasant imo.

BwanaPower

Jun 12, 2021
I've been looking forward to this and so far I'm not disappointed.

One minor (hopefully constructive) criticism (not even that, more like putting my pebble into the dish of counterweights to the endless barrage of comments in this forum asking for instant gratification): Although I found the sandbox mechanics in the previous game a bit too obtuse, I kinda wish, there was a slower progression in this one. Not by making me grind more for scenes, but by saving some of them for later. I'd rather start out with where we left of with Dani and work towards having Jess join, than just have a "Oh, do you want her to come? Here she is!"-option, for example.

Also there is a bug when rummaging through Sarah's Stuff. I can find a diary and the pillow, but whatever else there is (vibrator?), leads to an error.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Does this game require a patch to get the "correct" content, or is it already built in? Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Does this game require a patch to get the "correct" content, or is it already built in? Ellaraia
Non-incest is the correct content. I like having it as an option but it'll never be in the game I release. I didn't have any time to create a mod myself and when I looked into paying someone to do it for me I realised that the way scenes are implemented right now means everything has to be done 3 times which is stupid. Need to fix that before we talk about sister fucking.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Non-incest is the correct content. I like having it as an option but it'll never be in the game I release. I didn't have any time to create a mod myself and when I looked into paying someone to do it for me I realised that the way scenes are implemented right now means everything has to be done 3 times which is stupid. Need to fix that before we talk about sister fucking.
Oh! Cool! Sister fucking is a topic we'll have to put on hold. As for the "correct content" I get you ;)
Pretend I gave you an elbow to the shoulder before I did the ;)

Have a nice day!

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
Tags need updated. You can play the first three chapters as a VN.
I enjoyed it. The script is not bad,the art is good quality,and over all it is very playable.
Hints would be nice to trigger events,but no real grind in the VN mode,and very little in the sandbox mode(it does have more content,but not by a huge amount).

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
... the way scenes are implemented right now means everything has to be done 3 times which is stupid.
Can you explain this a bit more? Is there duplicate code in three places? Can you give me an example where exactly (files, lines)?

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Can you explain this a bit more? Is there duplicate code in three places? Can you give me an example where exactly (files, lines)?
There is, yes.

Story mode is completely seperate, all in game/Story/ScenarioName. This is the most complete version and the one that I write while I'm making the images.

Sandbox then gets a copy found in game/Sandbox/ScenarioName. This is an altered version which is usually changing the intro so it's less specific and therefore fits in the sandbox.

Then the gallery gets a complete copy of the story mode as found in Gallery/ScenarioName.

Dani's intro scene is duplicated at:
Gallery/Adventures/Slideshow Handy.dpy
Sandbox/Adventures/5 Return/Photography.rpy (label Adventures_5_Photography_Fun)
Story/Adventures/C1 - Intro/1 - Wanker.rpy

In 0.3 I'm going to collect them together into 1 file which has changes based on if you're in sandbox/story/gallery.

Reactions: Feyd

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Ellaraia: I see. Three slightly different copies are far from ideal. It's good idea to change that, and not only to make patching easier.

I was thinking about simple search & replace patch (example from another game), if that would suffice (it limits some possibilities). It would handle even texts in different files without requiring to have duplicates itself. But it's actually what I don't like about it much. It's fine for longer unique texts, but it could wrongly replace some shorter non-unique ones, where there are same original texts, but not all should be changed. It can be improved by linking texts to specific files (but then of course it wouldn't work with your current structure with duplicates).

What I like about this approach in general, is that it's future-proof, it can be used even with newer game version and it will work. It won't magically change new texts, but at least previously existing ones will work (as long as developer doesn't change original texts or code too much). I think it's good choice if someone would work on it independently (just to make sure nobody is misunderstanding, I'm not volunteering ;), except maybe as technical advisor, if someone would want to do it). Even if done by developer, it's still good and some things could be even automated.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Ellaraia: I see. Three slightly different copies are far from ideal. It's good idea to change that, and not only to make patching easier.

I was thinking about simple search & replace patch (example from another game), if that would suffice (it limits some possibilities). It would handle even texts in different files without requiring to have duplicates itself. But it's actually what I don't like about it much. It's fine for longer unique texts, but it could wrongly replace some shorter non-unique ones, where there are same original texts, but not all should be changed. It can be improved by linking texts to specific files (but then of course it wouldn't work with your current structure with duplicates).

What I like about this approach in general, is that it's future-proof, it can be used even with newer game version and it will work. It won't magically change new texts, but at least previously existing ones will work (as long as developer doesn't change original texts or code too much). I think it's good choice if someone would work on it independently (just to make sure nobody is misunderstanding, I'm not volunteering ;), except maybe as technical advisor, if someone would want to do it). Even if done by developer, it's still good and some things could be even automated.
Search-and-replace patches are problematic generally. It might be appropriate, for example, to call a female sibling "sister" if it's the MC speaking, but if someone else refers to them, "my sister" or "your sister" would be more appropriate to that conversation. In Cutely Together it might be OK in most cases, if it's just the MC, Dani and Cutie. But if anybody else shows up, odd phrasing is likely to crop up unless Ellaria is very careful in his script so he makes sure the wording is fine with or without the patch.