yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Here is the situation from my end. I am just going to lay it out for everyone:

When it comes to Damaged Goods, I am the Author. Sin is the Artist. I enjoy working with him, and hope to continue working with him. The great popularity of this game shows that we make a good team, and together we have built a nice little fan base.

Sin has had my render requests for Damaged Goods for several months now. Some dating back to April, some even as far back as January, and I also added a minor scene this week as well that would round out a very nice update for DG. Unfortunately, Sin hasn't given me a render for DG to work with since March, and has not been very talkative with me on discord lately, but he is a very busy man with his real-life situation and I understand.

Based on what I have sent him he should have a very good idea of what is needed for the next update of DG, and if for some reason he doesn't... He can always message me and I would be more than happy to fill him in or answer questions about what we need going forward or send him another copy of what is needed if for some reason he lost the originals.

I don't have a rendering rig. I can't make renders. I am 100% reliant on Sin for that aspect of production. This means that production is halted until Sin gets to work on things.

Sin has not been lazy sitting around with his thumb up his ass, he has been working very hard and has released 3 major and 2 minor updates for Wings of Silicon, and he is doing a great job at that. I give him a pat on the back for his work on that. I completely understand how a project like that can suck you in, and consume a lot of your time and focus.

I want him to come out here and respond to this in one of two ways:

"I'm ready to start working on renders for Damaged Goods. I got this! It's coming! It is going to be fantastic!"
or
"Sadly, I am going to have to abandon Damaged Goods. I am going to continue to focus 100% on WoS."

I really don't like that "On Hold" Tag, and I don't think Sin likes it either. It is the most annoying tag, and the only way we can get rid of it is to make a release or announce Damaged Goods is abandoned. I wouild much rather make a release, and many more releases until DG is finished.

The point of this post is to get Sin to come out here and make his intentions clear.

The M.O.

Nov 27, 2020
Well, I don't know what too say. In 6 months time when I visit f95 again, It won't be for anything else other than to check for a new part of Damaged Goods. I consider you both sort of special people coming together to do this. It is rare quality collaboration. For years and years the 'penny comic', whatever you want to call it, has been popular. I have a few beside my bed. If slightly more work was put into them, they would be hailed more. And this is what we have here, great light reading with strong added value with forethought. For a million dollars I could not harness this. So that's the carrot out of the way. The stick now? No, no way, not from me.

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
Here is the situation from my end. I am just going to lay it out for everyone:

When it comes to Damaged Goods, I am the Author. Sin is the Artist. I enjoy working with him, and hope to continue working with him. The great popularity of this game shows that we make a good team, and together we have built a nice little fan base.

Sin has had my render requests for Damaged Goods for several months now. Some dating back to April, some even as far back as January, and I also added a minor scene this week as well that would round out a very nice update for DG. Unfortunately, Sin hasn't given me a render for DG to work with since March, and has not been very talkative with me on discord lately, but he is a very busy man with his real-life situation and I understand.

Based on what I have sent him he should have a very good idea of what is needed for the next update of DG, and if for some reason he doesn't... He can always message me and I would be more than happy to fill him in or answer questions about what we need going forward or send him another copy of what is needed if for some reason he lost the originals.

I don't have a rendering rig. I can't make renders. I am 100% reliant on Sin for that aspect of production. This means that production is halted until Sin gets to work on things.

Sin has not been lazy sitting around with his thumb up his ass, he has been working very hard and has released 3 major and 2 minor updates for Wings of Silicon, and he is doing a great job at that. I give him a pat on the back for his work on that. I completely understand how a project like that can suck you in, and consume a lot of your time and focus.

I want him to come out here and respond to this in one of two ways:

"I'm ready to start working on renders for Damaged Goods. I got this! It's coming! It is going to be fantastic!"
or
"Sadly, I am going to have to abandon Damaged Goods. I am going to continue to focus 100% on WoS."

I really don't like that "On Hold" Tag, and I don't think Sin likes it either. It is the most annoying tag, and the only way we can get rid of it is to make a release or announce Damaged Goods is abandoned. I wouild much rather make a release, and many more releases until DG is finished.

The point of this post is to get Sin to come out here and make his intentions clear.
Yih has asked here some time ago for a decision. I am happy to comply with this decision after some time to think.
Unfortunately, Yih has directly made the post, because I actually prefer the direct and personal communication.
But I am good with him.
The question is of course if and how DG will be continued.
As you know, DG consists of an extremely large number of characters, some of which appear in several scenes. When I think of the Gym alone, we simply have 5 G8 models + Enviroment.
This causes an enormously high VRAM load.
Actually no issue, since I had several good GPUs. Unfortunately, the good GPUs broke last February. Therefore I am not able to render such scenes at the moment.
The gaming experience can and will be reduced accordingly.
It would make more sense for me to save my money and as soon as I can afford it, I will buy a decent GPU again.

DG is a long term project for me and not a sprint. It's a niche that Yih is filling.
You know my situation now. I'm trying to get everything out of the small card with WoS. So I am not lazy at all.

From my side, however, it makes more sense when I have saved to get back in full.

Yih sees it differently, and wants me to work 2 months on WoS and 1 month on DG. I think it can be discussed that I can do part of it. But it just can't be the amount that was there before. Since the GPU power is missing at the moment. And I can't do it right away either.
But that can change in the future. That's why I wasn't going to abort the game, even if everything takes longer than I thought. But that happens sometimes in life.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Yih has asked here some time ago for a decision. I am happy to comply with this decision after some time to think.
Unfortunately, Yih has directly made the post, because I actually prefer the direct and personal communication.
But I am good with him.
The question is of course if and how DG will be continued.
As you know, DG consists of an extremely large number of characters, some of which appear in several scenes. When I think of the Gym alone, we simply have 5 G8 models + Enviroment.
This causes an enormously high VRAM load.
Actually no issue, since I had several good GPUs. Unfortunately, the good GPUs broke last February. Therefore I am not able to render such scenes at the moment.
The gaming experience can and will be reduced accordingly.
It would make more sense for me to save my money and as soon as I can afford it, I will buy a decent GPU again.

DG is a long term project for me and not a sprint. It's a niche that Yih is filling.
You know my situation now. I'm trying to get everything out of the small card with WoS. So I am not lazy at all.

From my side, however, it makes more sense when I have saved to get back in full.

Yih sees it differently, and wants me to work 2 months on WoS and 1 month on DG. I think it can be discussed that I can do part of it. But it just can't be the amount that was there before. Since the GPU power is missing at the moment. And I can't do it right away either.
But that can change in the future. That's why I wasn't going to abort the game, even if everything takes longer than I thought. But that happens sometimes in life.
I feel you. The reason why I brought it to the forums is to keep the people in the loop. It is unfair for supporters and fans to not know where we are going with this. Its been a while since DG has been mentioned on the Patreon or Instagram or anything for that matter.

You are right some of the scenes were character-heavy. The most recent update with the homeless folks had 5 on the screen at once.

Directly following the timeline on DG it is expected for Rose to have a small wake-up scene with or without Mark. That is only 2 max. So shouldn't be an issue to render that.

Follwoing that at the school / her workplace I think just briefly there is a moment or two of 4 on-screen, but only briefly, and that could even be shot as 3 on-screen at once if the camera is adjusted to do that to compensate for a lack of GPU power. Then it is 1 or 2 or 3 for the most part for the school scenes so that should not be an issue. I specifically wrote it to avoid the 5 or more on-screen at once that you don't want in there.

I think there is other methods to get more on-screen if we needed it. Render 2 or 3 at a time with transparent background then just overlay one render on top of the other.

After school I wrote a major branching point that would offer a much reduced cast in one of the lines, and we could play that line out to completion over a long stretch until your render capabilities are back up to full capacity.

The 2 months WoS 1 month DG compromise I offered you was just to get you back to working on DG in some capacity.

pecard255

Mar 28, 2020

From what I gather, to make DAZ and other high quality renders it take a cutting edge PC with as much GPU as you can stuff in.
I build my own PCs, went to tech school, worked in industry, military, yada yada, so I know what's involved.
I hear it cost like 10K in US dollars to build one and sometime it take multiple rendering PCs. I know that is chump change for some people. No I don't want to build one myself. The Honey Select renders are........ I think you get what you pay for.

Reactions: SinAppeal

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
rosehead.jpg

Last week I bought a cheap drawing tablet. I don't know how to draw at all. 0 experience drawing anything since I used chalk to draw on the sidewalk as a kid. This is after 5 days of practicing. How am I doing so far?

Last edited:

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I don't think Sin ever wants to continue making Damaged Goods. For a number of reasons. It is what it is, I'll name them off.

1) A very subpar performance by sin in the last update of Damaged Goods. No attention to detail compared to his previous renders in the game. The lesbian scene was just a void black background... Then talking with Kelly & the homeless family. He left tons of missing backgrounds there too. Like a cloudy void. I complained about it, but he refused to fix it. So there went the plot.

2) Damaged Goods never made the money he wanted in the time he wanted it. Peaked at around $100 a month. His new game is making $250 now. He feels 90% of the fans and supporters are for the new game not this game.

3) He never mentions Damaged Goods on Patreon or twitter or discord. He scrubbed the DG images from Instagram.

4) The discord server has a WOS channel, but does not have a DG channel.

5) WoS is an easier game to make. "How so?" Smaller cast. Fewer meaningful choices. More linear. A lot of renders are -1 person because of 1st person perspective.

6) Sin hasn't messaged me first in like 6 months, and since the last update of DG has often taken several days to message me back.

7) The way WoS was released initially was a shit show. As in he kept it secret from me when it was my idea for us to work on it in the first place. It was supposed to be called "My Sweet Temptation", and would have been a significantly better game if I was working on the project too. Now it is just a wanna-be My Sweet Neighbors without any originality, but makes money because "muh male protagonist!"

8) Its kinda funny to me anyways I was never mentioned in WoS. He made the developer of DG in that a 1 man developer. There is a token black friend of his on the phone he talks to. That character could have very easily been his teammate a little nod, but nah fuck that. He acts like it was ONLY him that made DG when that is not the case. As was written by me in DG I clearly say its two of us, but then in WoS it is just 1 developer?

9) Sin will always have an excuse, and never have a solution when it comes to DG. Rarely willing to compromise.

10) Sin wants a full script for DG. The entire project in advance, and I'm not giving it to him. I give him a day maybe 2 in advance or... What does he need me for? A full script does exist! He isn't getting it all at once. I feel scenes, and plot points would just be taken from DG that never gets worked on and put into WoS.

11) Sin is more concerned about an abandoned tag than actually abandoning DG. He thinks it will cost supporters, but he thinks 90% of them are WoS anyways... So its confusing. He is more concerned about "Image" than "Honesty", and that'll catch up with him.

12) DG is more likely to get a reboot by me learning how to draw, and making it a 2d game than Sin working on it, and that is a real pain in the ass for me.

13) Unwilling to even work on DG at even 1/3 capacity. Does that sound like someone who wants to work on it? No...

14) Sin has gone full depression mode the last time I pressure him to work on DG even the slightest little bit.

15) I don't think Sin likes me. Maybe I am an asshole. I don't know. I guess some people can't handle how blunt and honest I can be.

16) Even going back several months to when we were working on it. There was some snobby college professor in this thread. I forget who it was. Talking mad shit to me, I remember he said some real nasty shit to me being a real dick. You'll have that its the internet. Trolls are gonna troll. Its like Sin would bitch at me about a dude being an asshole to me. That's not how teammates or friends roll. If you are on my team, or you are my friend... Someone comes in talking shit about you. That person is gonna have a problem with me. Its then I knew I couldn't trust Sin.

17) We had an anime battle (figuratively) back in the day over ownership of the DG thread. I am the OP poster in this thread. Sin put in a ticket. Mods hand it over to him no problem without consulting me AT ALL. This started a fight between me and Sin. I'm more active on f95, more in the thread, and I let him have the twitter, and discord, and patreon and all that other stuff, but just wanted the 1, but he wanted THEM ALL. This was one of the biggest fights we ever had. I'm the author of this game. I got it back. Only after Sins permission for some reason. Which is kinda funny to me. They took it from me without my say, no mod ever messaged me asking "Can we give the thread to Sin?" but then to get it back had to get a signed permission slip from Sin? The reason I threw a shit fit was he never consulted me about it, and just did it. I liked having it so I could change tags, or edit the OP changelog, and keep it in order. I think sin was just trying to flex on me or something.

I could go on, but the long and the short of it is.... I don't have any confidence that Sin wants to continue making Damaged Goods at this point in time, or at any specific point in time in the future.

I have begged, and bargained, and let him have all the money we made making $0 ever from this, but I just don't think his heart is in it. I have offered the stick and offered the carrot, nothing I say or do ever gets him motivated. No interest at all. It's sad because I really want to finish this game, but I don't see Sin wanting to put any effort in.

As for me... Gonna continue to work on my shitty drawing skills until they are less shitty drawing skills... Gonna make my own Patreon one day when I am ready for that without letting Sin have it all, and make something new that is not reliant on an unmotivated person. Maybe it will be a DG remake, maybe it will be something new. I don't know. Time will tell.

Down the road if Sin ever hits me up and I am not dead, homeless, in prison, with dementia or tied up in a rape dungeon... & He is like "Lets work on DG!" We will work on DG. I'll be more than happy to work on it. until that day.... It is abandoned to me.

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
View attachment 1309640

Last week I bought a cheap drawing tablet. I don't know how to draw at all. 0 experience drawing anything since I used chalk to draw on the sidewalk as a kid. This is after 5 days of practicing. How am I doing so far?
I gotta buy myself one of those drawing tablets.
I've been trying for some time to do a hybrid style (render + overpaint). Still got a long way to go!
Sorry for "damaging" Rose! She was good practice. :BootyTime:
HS_DG_Murica.jpg
Murica!

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Looked intresting then I saw "female MC" .. well guess ill pass on this one..i mean let's be honest here any guy who's actually into this game playing as a chick getting fucked by other dudes should question their sexuality or their mental state.. Anywho good luck with the game, hope the female gamers enjoy this one
It's not your business to comment on other peoples likes or dislikes much less question their manhood or mental health. Stick to giving you opinion about the game. Thank you.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Looked intresting then I saw "female MC" .. well guess ill pass on this one..i mean let's be honest here any guy who's actually into this game playing as a chick getting fucked by other dudes should question their sexuality or their mental state.. Anywho good luck with the game, hope the female gamers enjoy this one
I promise you I'm quite comfortable in my own mental state and sexuality. I absolutely love nothing more than burying myself into a female orifice. I enjoy playing female protagonist games, because it allows me to control what happens to her.
It's not even from her POV, because you're looking on from a 3rd person perspective. I'm controlling a female, and making her decisions for her, while I watch on from the side and see what she's doing. In no way does that mean I should question my mental state. Maybe YOU should be the one questioning things if you feel like you need to insult other people with your lack of knowledge about the rest of civilization and how real life actually works. :)

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I promise you I'm quite comfortable in my own mental state and sexuality. I absolutely love nothing more than burying myself into a female orifice. I enjoy playing female protagonist games, because it allows me to control what happens to her.
It's not even from her POV, because you're looking on from a 3rd person perspective. I'm controlling a female, and making her decisions for her, while I watch on from the side and see what she's doing. In no way does that mean I should question my mental state. Maybe YOU should be the one questioning things if you feel like you need to insult other people with your lack of knowledge about the rest of civilization and how real life actually works. :)
Sadly, that is something that goes over a lot of people's heads.

I'll try to give a real-world equivilent in an attempt to get it through to them to see the error of their ways, and see the light!

Suppose you are an eccentric billionaire. You have all the money in the world to make people do and act any way you want. You are a person in complete control. You come up with a plan. For 30 days, you want to hire an individual to be under your control. They will live their life how you tell them to, and sleep with who you want them to, and do everything you demand of them. You got a team of drones, and hidden camera men following them around, and they always wear an ear piece so you can talk to them and get them to say what you want.

Lets say you pick a Male Subject... Whoop dee do... What are you gonna do? Watch the guy take a piss before staring at some man ass in the shower, finally he fucks some chicks that you want to bang but he gets to bang and not you. Seems pretty cucked up if you ask me. That's fine you can be a cuck if you want its not my business. Possibly gay... not that there is anything wrong with that.

Lets say you pick a Female Subject... Hell ya! Complete pussy control! Make her act slutty, or make her act innocent, watch her in the shower spying on her all the time. You want her to go full lesbian and play with some girls? That can happen.

4.30 star(s) 31 Votes