deltavega

Donor
Jun 1, 2019
I started the game from the beggining again and i'm still stuck at chap 8 point 6 in the walkthrough, the event doesnt trigger.

I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong, i tried to go everywhere and got 3 places what access are forbidden : the kitchen, the bottom bathroom and scarletts room.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
well,just as i feared,cant play yet,dunno why,but everytime,the first i download a newer version,it doesnt work on my pc....fuck linux.....
The game runs fine on Linux just mark the bash file (.sh) and program file (lib linux-86_64) as execute and you will be able to start the game.

First off, just to be clear; this game is not running on Linux, as it has been repacked once in Windows. This is not Linux being bad or anything, but happens because Windows uses a different system for file permissions than any UNIX-based OS. Once those files gets extracted by ssomeone on a Windows computer, it will effectively wipe any UNIX permissions on the files and folders. Repacking the files then will always screw up the permissions.
Try this:
  1. Download and install/unzip the .
    • This game was built with version , so I recommend downloading that versison.
  2. Create a Projects folder where you want your games to be saved.
  3. Launch the Ren'Py Launcher.
  4. Click Preferences in the bottom right corner.
  5. Set Projects Directory to your newly created folder, then click Return.
  6. Download and extract the game in your newly created folder.
    • Delete the lib, renpy and .app folders + the .exe, .py and .sh files to save some space.
    • This game has been repacked once, so you need to move the DarkNeighbourhood-1.0-pc folder to your Projects folder, then delete the empty DN-1.0-Gamer folder
  7. In the Ren'Py Launcher, click refresh (to the right of PROJECTS:)
  8. Left click the game under PROJECTS:
  9. Click Launch Project and enjoy the game.
This method works for most Ren'Py games with a missing or non-working Mac or Linux port.
You can download a PC/Win version and play through the Ren'Py launcher.
Your advice is only needed if the game comes without the linux library. 9 out of 10 the library is included but the bash-file (.sh) is missing. Then simply copy and paste it from another game and rename the same as in the program file in the library.

Reactions: CLDꝜ

burning dega

Jun 27, 2017
you left out, did the mc get attracted to his daughters once they came of sexual age and continue the 'family tradition'? haha

btw i loved the ending, laughed my ass off over that.
well if i saw the daughters grew and became hot babes, then i would definitely have asked this question also.;)
bro i also loved the ending that's why i wanted this questions to be clarified.
Edit: this game was hell of a ride for me. overall this is a really great game.
so i really wanted to know bro. but if things kept secret for a sequel then i have no questions.

Last edited:

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Your advice is only needed if the game comes without the linux library. 9 out of 10 the library is included but the bash-file (.sh) is missing. Then simply copy and paste it from another game and rename the same as in the program file in the library.
I know. But personally I prefer having all the games in a "launcher" on Linux, and it's been working for me every single time. It's also a faster method (after setting it up the first time) than using chmod every time something is wrong^^ I also do this because I compress and rebuild games for f95zone every now and then. This is also a more universal way, since it's the same method for Windows, Linux and Mac.

9 out of 10 times it's simply enough to just change the permissions as you suggested. If the game is built as a "Win" in Ren'Py, both libraries and the .sh files will be missing. If it's repacked, file/folder permissions will be wrong.

Reactions: cold_arctus

jsr1403

Sep 3, 2018
The version you posted was the gamer version NOT the SG version. SG stands for Super Gamer, so once that becomes available, all of us will depend on you to bless us with a crunched version :) Thanks for saving our hard drives :D
So, does this mean that the extra scene at the hot tub by the end of Chapter 8 is still not available? Because I just finished the game and couldn't trigger it, even though everything up to here led me to believe this was the extra content version since I got to see every alternate scene listed in the guide - except this last one.

D

Deleted member 1375282

This is the type of game that is prolonged it does everything in its power to waste your time and never goes to the good stuff... is there anything positive about this game you may think? NO its all bad due for a reboot to much unnecessary drama

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billi.bolli
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes