UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
this game is still being made? holy . i feel like the story was REALLY starting to fizzle out a year + ago when I played it last. might be time to revisit. like many of these games it started off hot and heavy but it seemed like the dev was losing steam

edit; based off what i've read sounds like i'll pass. this dev seems pretty trash and puts his own cuck fetishes above what the community was actually asking for and what he ORIGINALLY DESIGNED THE GAME TO BE! Not to mention it seems like it's yet another milking project.
By the time you joined F95, Mr. Dots had already abandoned most of the tropes you long for. His original offering was not a design. Rather it was a shotgun approach to offer everything and see what generated attention. Four to five months after release this VN had become insanely popular and profitable and his patrons had made it clear what they preferred for Dee's future.

The VN was in development, and to a limited extent still is. Can't blame him for providing what his paying supporters asked for.

• Angry
Reactions: Fragmandk

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Agreed we need more Elena wish there was a game with her as the mc been saying this for ages. Ive seen a few games with the same model as the daughter also. WE NEED MORE ELENA
Elena will be the next update. They are wrapping up the side characters as the story comes to an end starting this update with Martin.

Gmandingo

Nov 3, 2019
here is my unofficial android port of Dating My Daughter CH4 v0.34.
  • Download
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  1. you can only import game states created by my android port of DMD CH3 v0.29.1
  2. you can only load save files created by my ports of CH4
from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Its not reading the save files from your port of the update before this one

Trikus

May 31, 2020
To me it looks like they are setting up Rachel's redemption nicely. She will figure out who Tyra is and take her down at Koko's party, hopefully publicly. Rachel being key to taking out Tyra is what will prompt D to start to reform the mother/daughter relationship. I also liked she considers going back to Maria as they were good together.

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
This post has nothing to do with any kink as I'm firmly in the camp that says to just avoid XYZ if X, Y or Z bothers you. This reaction is purely as it is as a VN today:

Ok, there is "jumping the shark" and then there is what DMD has become over the past year. This VN has officially jumped 500 sharks. It's over and at least they know it now.
They had to decide between ending it out of there being nowhere else to go with such a bland set of characters OR actually developing D as something more than a fucktoy...and they chose to end it. I think it's the wrong decision but I respect it as ending it is better than milking readers/players with updates as shitty as they have been for the past year or so.

The funniest moment being F (MC) telling Martin that D is not a goldfish...only for D to - seconds later - not do something because she "isn't allowed". I'm starting to think they know and actively try to make the plot nonsensical.
Further, the only trick this dev has is having a random pop in, try to rape D and have someone come in to save and eventually fuck D. First it was F doing it over and over but now it's Martin because...lol.

Finally, the further it goes the more I have a strong desire to get this girl away from her father! LMAO, I find myself sincerely wishing there was a "run, run away as fast as you can" option for D. The devs have unwittingly made F/MC a fucking slave owner. It's amazing. He went from a loving influence in her life to the sole arbiter of her EVERY thought, action and deed. It's creepy.

Yeah, end it. If this is the best they can do with it at this stage, end it. It's so bad now. A once very good VN is now just nonsensical, boring garbage.
Respect. I tip my cap. It's still better than most overall but it's outright bad now.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
This post has nothing to do with any kink as I'm firmly in the camp that says to just avoid XYZ if X, Y or Z bothers you. This reaction is purely as it is as a VN today:

Ok, there is "jumping the shark" and then there is what DMD has become over the past year. This VN has officially jumped 500 sharks. It's over and at least they know it now.
They had to decide between ending it out of there being nowhere else to go with such a bland set of characters OR actually developing D as something more than a fucktoy...and they chose to end it. I think it's the wrong decision but I respect it as ending it is better than milking readers/players with updates as shitty as they have been for the past year or so.

The funniest moment being F (MC) telling Martin that D is not a goldfish...only for D to - seconds later - not do something because she "isn't allowed". I'm starting to think they know and actively try to make the plot nonsensical.
Further, the only trick this dev has is having a random pop in, try to rape D and have someone come in to save and eventually fuck D. First it was F doing it over and over but now it's Martin because...lol.

Finally, the further it goes the more I have a strong desire to get this girl away from her father! LMAO, I find myself sincerely wishing there was a "run, run away as fast as you can" option for D. The devs have unwittingly made F/MC a fucking slave owner. It's amazing. He went from a loving influence in her life to the sole arbiter of her EVERY thought, action and deed. It's creepy.

Yeah, end it. If this is the best they can do with it at this stage, end it. It's so bad now. A once very good VN is now just nonsensical, boring garbage.
Respect. I tip my cap. It's still better than most overall but it's outright bad now.
What you see as him being a slave owner, is actually how swingers operate and still be committed to each other. Communication is key in this kind of relationship. Rules are set so both parties know what they can and can't do. If D had sex with Martin without talking to F first, that would break the agreement they both have. The swinger lifestyle might seem odd to people who haven't engaged in it, but everything they have shown so far since they officially became a couple is actually fairly accurate. Her being with Martin was her idea, F allowed it not because he is a slave owner, but because he is her partner and he wants her to explore everything sex has to offer. If F was a slave owner he would have pushed her into a relationship she didn't want. The same goes for other characters that she had a relationship with before officially being with F like Elena and Jennifer. She has her own mind when it comes to partners and choices with her life. F supports her decisions.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
I guess we're at the point of just shoe-horning sex scenes into the game now. I wish the devs would take the time to develop the still models instead to make the characters a little more distinct, or just focus on the next game completely.

Reactions: Qmil679

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
What you see as him being a slave owner, is actually how swingers operate and still be committed to each other. Communication is key in this kind of relationship. Rules are set so both parties know what they can and can't do. If D had sex with Martin without talking to F first, that would break the agreement they both have. The swinger lifestyle might seem odd to people who haven't engaged in it, but everything they have shown so far since they officially became a couple is actually fairly accurate. Her being with Martin was her idea, F allowed it not because he is a slave owner, but because he is her partner and he wants her to explore everything sex has to offer. If F was a slave owner he would have pushed her into a relationship she didn't want. The same goes for other characters that she had a relationship with before officially being with F like Elena and Jennifer. She has her own mind when it comes to partners and choices with her life. F supports her decisions.
Yeah, no. That could definitely be said for what her character was up until about 4 updates ago but lately? Now she's written like someone that wouldn't eat a meal or take a breath without her father's expressed blessing. It's one thing to be naive and subservient and another to not be able to think and act for herself at all. Then having her father talk about her to Martin like he's talking about a pet dog, lol. She's right there sleeping and he's like "she's not a goldfish, man" when she's so much less. A fn goldfish has more self-determination than D, lmao.

Again, my issue is not at all sexual and I understand the dynamics of an open relationship. It's one thing to be in an open relationship/love triangle/swingers and even be the more submissive in that relationship (sexually and generally)and it's another to behave the way D sorta always has but especially so lately. Again, it's the vibe that she wouldn't take a shit without F expressly telling her she can.

Now, we can talk about WHY that is but who cares at this point? It's over. I would and have said that I think the users were given way, way too much influence with the story but the story is over so who cares now. It's not a debate I'm having amymore.

It was a good run and I wish they took another angle but as it is right now it needs to end. I've been saying so for the past year or so and I can't fault them for seeing what many of us see and realizing this has nowhere to go. You can evolve the characters and plot of just call it a day and they choose to call it a day. I'm ok with it. This will probably be my last post in this thread regarding any wishes or regrets and I give a sincere, if not slightly disappointed salute to Mr. Dots. It was a pretty good run.

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
When did that ntr tag get added? Like blyzer said there is none here which will probably piss the people off that are looking for it.
I think it was always there, IIRC.

My belief (and that of others around from the start) is that this VN was going to deal more with things directly or close to NTR. The dev would later refute this but only after the people supporting him financially held a mini-revolt demanding it never even be alluded to. Immediately after we saw Lucas go and most of the constant "gotta save D from being molested again" events disappear.

There may be NTR with other characters but I think it would (or does) involve MC banging other people's women. So maybe technically worthy of a tag but who knows anymore? This title became something very different than it was that first chapter. I don't see how anyone could argue that what it is was what was intended, even if the dev insists it is. It isn't. Not saying they'd have had D be a whore or something but go back and look at the heated debates that took place about a year or two in. It affected and effected the story, 100%.

Reactions: Pepitosh
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes