proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Incest games are not really as popular as they used to be so we'll see.
Games made in last couple of years feature dramatically improved graphics, visuals and much better writing. This offsets headache in dealing with Patreon, hence most of top games on this site are not incest. 4-5 years ago you were almost guaranteed to make money with cliche story: missing/dead father and pervert kid living with mom and 2 sisters.
Not so much anymore. DMD was pioneering and innovative when it started 5 years ago. People invested lots of time (and many of us money as well) so there is lots of nostalgia attached to the game. If game dropped in now, it would have much less success.

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
Games made in last couple of years feature dramatically improved graphics, visuals and much better writing. This offsets headache in dealing with Patreon, hence most of top games on this site are not incest. 4-5 years ago you were almost guaranteed to make money with cliche story: missing/dead father and pervert kid living with mom and 2 sisters.
Not so much anymore. DMD was pioneering and innovative when it started 5 years ago. People invested lots of time (and many of us money as well) so there is lots of nostalgia attached to the game. If game dropped in now, it would have much less success.
Exactly, adult games have overall evolved (I remember when Man of the house, Milf City, Dreams of desire, DMD etc. were the most popular games here, all incest). I don't mind the occasional incest game but its good to see that there is more variety now and overall better writing. The incest formula was getting old

Reactions: proximus

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
well...to change things up a bit...I somehow didn't realize this game existed until now. I have played through Chapter One and I am amazed good this thing is.

can't wait to start playing the next chapters!

Reactions: pr0rebel

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Dude stop projecting.... This is a MrDots game and not Shakespeare... go read a book or something...
There are other games out there that use literary inspiration, but I wouldn't consider DmD as one of them.

I can imagine basing a game on Oedipus Rex, and then angering a contingent with the traditional ending.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
To each their own. If I were Dot's though I would have preferred to be known for creating something good, rather than to be known for my ability to milk something mediocre.
Oh come on....
It's not that bad....
Did you forget the Milker in the City?
Cause that's some real milking....
MrDots is a n00b compared to that....

Reactions: Looper9

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Oh come on....
It's not that bad....
Did you forget the Milker in the City?
Cause that's some real milking....
MrDots is a n00b compared to that....
That's some pretty bad milking I'll agree, but when you compare DMD Ch1 & 2 to what we have seen in 3 & 4, the contrast is quite stark. IDK, I'm probably considerably older than Dot's, but in my opinion, DMD was something to be proud of up to 2 despite the stilted dialogue, after it was at best just a paycheck.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
That's some pretty bad milking I'll agree, but when you compare DMD Ch1 & 2 to what we have seen in 3 & 4, the contrast is quite stark. IDK, I'm probably considerably older than Dot's, but in my opinion, DMD was something to be proud of up to 2 despite the stilted dialogue, after it was at best just a paycheck.
I mean for me the game could have ended with F and D moving to Seaside and living happily ever after...
CH3 and 4 are completely useless and well.... let's call it "meh"....

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Playing chapter 1, I guess I kinda screwed up. After punching Lucas and taking him out, daughter asks to go to her mommy and...game over.

Searching through forum, I guess I should have gone to the police earlier. MUCH earlier. Is there a way to edit the safe to go forward? Or am I SOL? And if I just start with chapter 2 and ignore what's left in chapter 1, how much am I missing? Am I close to being done anyway?

Great game...easily one of the best I've tried in quite awhile.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Playing chapter 1, I guess I kinda screwed up. After punching Lucas and taking him out, daughter asks to go to her mommy and...game over.

Searching through forum, I guess I should have gone to the police earlier. MUCH earlier. Is there a way to edit the safe to go forward? Or am I SOL? And if I just start with chapter 2 and ignore what's left in chapter 1, how much am I missing? Am I close to being done anyway?

You could just start a new game and do CTRL or TAB to get back to where you have to make the right decisions and/or be lazy and install this Lains Mod for CH1.

Reactions: menatv

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018

use the load option and click on the Auto button

Reactions: menatv

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
One more stupid question...once I somehow get past the Lucas scene in the apartment, does that idiot come back in this chapter or further ones, or are we finally done with him?

Thanks!

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes