Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Nah looking at the current popular games like Being a DIK it seems pretty obvious. A few years ago there were mostly incest games here. I think they just became repetitive
Arranging the most popular games by "Likes" gives 19 out of the top 30 with the "Incest" tag; some of those have it as the primary theme, while for others it's of varying degrees of relevance. Saying they're not popular is absurd.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
It may seem not as popular recently because incest as a genre/fetish is heavily saturated in the VN space. What's not saturated is GOOD incest games. If given a choice between a good incest game vs non-incest game, I think most people would still pick the former.

A lot of these incest games that are coming out are mediocre (sometimes straight up bad) in either renders, story, or game mechanics. Those games do not catch on and so players mistakenly correlate incest genre with bad games. This leads to a decrease in popularity. I feel like VN games overall is not in a good place right now. Most "good games" either take forever to update or being placed "on hold" and "abandoned".

I know people have a lot of gripes with DMD but tell me an equal or superior alternatives?

• Angry
Reactions: Uthuriel

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Nah looking at the current popular games like Being a DIK it seems pretty obvious. A few years ago there were mostly incest games here. I think they just became repetitive
Pretty sure that has more to do with Patreon and less to do with user preferences. Less devs making incest games means more non incest games getting popular. Less to do with incest's popularity, more to do with financial services boycotting the kink.

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
About the time of Chapter 2 DMD was caught up in the Patreon Purge and it screwed with not only the game but with what fetishes the dev was willing to show.
DMD changed since then It's become a forced hybrid of the story of D's corruption from a naive girl into a sexual young woman with a romance story overlayed on the basic corruption premise until it's shifted into being robotic and in many ways unsatisfying.
D meets someone she wants to have sex with.
Internally agonizes over the fun she wants and what she thinks is right or wrong.
D and F talk.
D has sort of the sex she wanted. F is usually always lurking around.
Exactly right. It has finally reached a point of eye-rolling for me where every other male is outright telling her in private

"I will only touch you with your father present"

Lmao wut? What guy would have this living sex doll grabbing their dick and be like "let me see if your father approves"?!
Honestly, other than being the player what had F done to deserve such reverence? Why does every other male and female bow to him so quickly and permanently?

It's ridiculous. It's some real incel-mind shit, IMO. The notion that pussy is property and you are infallible or something.

Anyway, now the only interesting plot seems to be the female photographer that has something going on behind the scenes. Martin has all but turned bitch for F.
Graham goes from the logical choice for having secret plans to a total bitch for F, outright telling D he doesn't even like her lmao.
Lucas has been gone forever, brother the same (maybe working with photog?).

The story is just very different than it was presented as early. The first chapter alone had D & F fighting off other men constantly, as would be realistic with a woman like D. It made D & F feel more risky, taboo and sexy by default of the other men constantly trying to have her.
Now? Since the 2nd chapter? It just feels like a dude fucking. It's boring, IMO.

They need to bring back a bit of that 1st chapter or just end this fn thing. I'm not really into their other work so I want this to go on but at the direction it's in I'd almost rather see it mercy-killed.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Exactly right. It has finally reached a point of eye-rolling for me where every other male is outright telling her in private

"I will only touch you with your father present"

Lmao wut? What guy would have this living sex doll grabbing their dick and be like "let me see if your father approves"?!
Honestly, other than being the player what had F done to deserve such reverence? Why does every other male and female bow to him so quickly and permanently?

It's ridiculous. It's some real incel-mind shit, IMO. The notion that pussy is property and you are infallible or something.

Anyway, now the only interesting plot seems to be the female photographer that has something going on behind the scenes. Martin has all but turned bitch for F.
Graham goes from the logical choice for having secret plans to a total bitch for F, outright telling D he doesn't even like her lmao.
Lucas has been gone forever, brother the same (maybe working with photog?).

The story is just very different than it was presented as early. The first chapter alone had D & F fighting off other men constantly, as would be realistic with a woman like D. It made D & F feel more risky, taboo and sexy by default of the other men constantly trying to have her.
Now? Since the 2nd chapter? It just feels like a dude fucking. It's boring, IMO.

They need to bring back a bit of that 1st chapter or just end this fn thing. I'm not really into their other work so I want this to go on but at the direction it's in I'd almost rather see it mercy-killed.
So to clarify, your upset that main character (protagonist) of a story gets preferential treatment over minor side characters?…

you understand that’s for every game, movie, and books out there… the world revolves around the MC

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
So to clarify, your upset that main character (protagonist) of a story gets preferential treatment over minor side characters?…

you understand that’s for every game, movie, and books out there… the world revolves around the MC
You literally couldn't be more wrong OR have only watched Marvel movies. Either way I feel bad for you.

And I never once said that was what I wanted or even implied it. In fact, I openly stated - should you have actually read what was written before replying with what you incorrectly thought was a cool retort - you'd have read that I stated what made the game BETTER with D & F. It can be better than it is now and has been before. As the post I quoted said, the story changed dramatically around the time mentioned.

Finally, let me end by getting to the point everyone in disagreement falls back on:

You think people that find the story boring want NTR or "cuck" stuff. No, not necessarily. I'm not in to cuck shit myself. I'm into good stories and since you bring up other media, let's go there:

What movie or book has a story that lacks an arc, the so-called "Hero's Journey"? What story has a main character that faces zero struggle or odds to overcome like F does in DMD?
The man is fucking his biological daughter, ffs. The so-called "cuck lovers" just want any other man with different genetics to bang her, lol. That's it. Yet, they're the weird ones?! lolok.

But back on point, even a man banging his daughter has found zero real struggle to overcome. All women love him, all men respect and bow to him. What fun is that?
As I said, that's incel mentality to the max. That's not a good story.

Yet, not only are the other threats/challengers gone but the remaining men are now privately telling D that they won't touch her without her father's permission, lmfaoooo!

"Sorry, Blonde With Big Tits McGeee, I shan't place thine gaze upon the without thine Father's Permission! Never would I betray such a righteous man."

So what is the story arc here? That's all we want! Well, I'm sure some just want some cuck shit but many of us just want ANY struggle, any challenges of any kind, any development as a person from D. That's it.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
You literally couldn't be more wrong OR have only watched Marvel movies. Either way I feel bad for you.

And I never once said that was what I wanted or even implied it. In fact, I openly stated - should you have actually read what was written before replying with what you incorrectly thought was a cool retort - you'd have read that I stated what made the game BETTER with D & F. It can be better than it is now and has been before. As the post I quoted said, the story changed dramatically around the time mentioned.

Finally, let me end by getting to the point everyone in disagreement falls back on:

You think people that find the story boring want NTR or "cuck" stuff. No, not necessarily. I'm not in to cuck shit myself. I'm into good stories and since you bring up other media, let's go there:

What movie or book has a story that lacks an arc, the so-called "Hero's Journey"? What story has a main character that faces zero struggle or odds to overcome like F does in DMD?
The man is fucking his biological daughter, ffs. The so-called "cuckoo lovers" just want any other man with different genetics to bang her, lol. That's it. Yet, they're the weird ones?! lolok.

But back on point, even a man banging his daughter has found zero real struggle to overcome. All women love him, all men respect and bow to him. What fun is that?
As I said, that's incel mentality to the max. That's not a good story.

Yet, not only are the other threats/challengers gone but the remaining men are now privately telling D that they won't touch her without her father's permission, lmfaoooo!

"Sorry, Blonde With Big Tits McGeee, I shan't place thine gaze upon the without thine Father's Permission! Never would I betray such a righteous man."

So what is the story arc here? That's all we want! Well, I'm sure some just want some luck shit but many of us just want ANY struggle, any challenges of any kind, any development as a person from D. That's it.
Dude stop projecting.... This is a MrDots game and not Shakespeare... go read a book or something...

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

DMD has as D has evolved from a shy sheltered girl into a sexual curious young woman F faded from being the central character. Since D went tot eh model cometition in Chapter 3 DMD is D's story.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
DMD has as D has evolved from a shy sheltered girl into a sexual curious young woman F faded from being the central character. Since D went tot eh model cometition in Chapter 3 DMD is D's story.
You could make the credible argument that just as Haley's Story revolved around Haley as opposed to the MC, DMD has also revolved around Dee from day one. While we've experienced the story through the MC and there was a period of separation from Dee, she's been the MC's singular or most important focus throughout the VN. Compared to the MC's involvement with Dee, all other possible LI's, including Georgiana, are really side girls. There has never been a woman/girl in this VN that the MC would choose over Dee.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
You could make the credible argument that just as Haley's Story revolved around Haley as opposed to the MC, DMD has also revolved around Dee from day one. While we've experienced the story through the MC and there was a period of separation from Dee, she's been the MC's singular or most important focus throughout the VN. Compared to the MC's involvement with Dee, all other possible LI's, including Georgiana, are really side girls. There has never been a woman/girl in this VN that the MC would choose over Dee.
The whole trouble is that F & D haven't really faced any significant challenge, as a couple, since Ch2. Their story has become very boring as a result. A crisis in their relationship would do wonders to alleviate this.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Some of you have a long round about way of asking for more sharing and/or even straight up NTR content.

But Mr. dots and his team already firmly rejected the idea. Time to move on and move the discussion over things that might actually happen instead of complaining and aSking for things that will not happen.

there’s been no real game discussion in the past like 500 posts. Just complaining. none of my other game threads are anything like this.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Not true. Mr Dots and his team repeatedly said F and D path are main content and that ch 4 will continue their story to its conclusion. Everything else are side content that doesn’t need to be flesh out.

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes