dx_boost

Mar 6, 2018
I haven't checked out SubscribeStar's cut, transparency, etc but if it works out better than Patreon then I can see two things: Once Melody's finished I can see Dots and the team moving completely over to SubscribeStar to get away from Patreon and, two, is that there might be hope for a Patreon alternative for every other dev. Might turn out to be a really good move for everyone involved.

But this is all pure speculation.
Oh you're right!
I haven't even thought beyond DMD, but if it does work out for MrDots it could be a safe haven for all similar developers.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Oh you're right!
I haven't even thought beyond DMD, but if it does work out for MrDots it could be a safe haven for all similar developers.
Well it's early days so as awesome as the news is about SubscribeStar (To be honest I thought they were replacing humblebundle with SubscribeStar till I took the 2 minutes to look deeper), let's see how it all works out first because, although there's already huge advantages (It accepts crypto as a payment method), we don't know much about it right now.

dx_boost

Mar 6, 2018
Well it's early days so as awesome as the news is about SubscribeStar (To be honest I thought they were replacing humblebundle with SubscribeStar till I took the 2 minutes to look deeper), let's see how it all works out first because, although there's already huge advantages (It accepts crypto as a payment method), we don't know much about it right now.
Then it's good that a big name as MrDots goes in for testing, if it works out for him, it works.

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
The longer you wait the longer it'll take for you to get through. It has a hefty amount of content and it just keeps growing.
I'm aware of that is quite big game (f.e. Acting Lessons & Melody took me about 5-6 evenings each to complete, so more that 10 hours each), but I will make a time for it ;)

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I haven't checked out SubscribeStar's cut, transparency, etc but if it works out better than Patreon then I can see two things: Once Melody's finished I can see Dots and the team moving completely over to SubscribeStar to get away from Patreon and, two, is that there might be hope for a Patreon alternative for every other dev. Might turn out to be a really good move for everyone involved.

But this is all pure speculation.
AgentRedGirl's account was recently slapped for an incest theme by Patreon, so now has a SubscribeStar account for supporters. The content was apparently not difficult to change (i.e., same work product, just altering relationships and titles) and Patreon has reinstated the account.

AgentRedGirl is maintaining a presence on both sites for now and has hinted that if Patreon throws up more problems and SubscribeStar appears to work well enough, the latter may become the primary subscription site.

fishina

Jul 18, 2017
If anyone had a subscribestar pledge, please can you post the preview images when they get uploaded? Thanks!

Mar 7, 2018
So I've been thinkin (mostly hoping), if this SubscribeStar thing works out maybe we'll get 1 month Melody, 1 month DMD release schedule?
Yes i very much hope this too! :confused: but with Buymecoffee and humblebundle we saw no changes... but we are still hoping, because this is not a good situation we are in! :oops:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I don't think you have to worry too much about that guys.Melody probably will end this year or start of the next one.We know it will be something like 14-16 updates.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Just read an update on Mr Dots game .com

V0.21 release date is March 30th. OH NO! another month! You're killing me Smalls!
Actually... I really looking forward to it! Melody is SOO beautiful, but DMD (I call her Debby) is a pervert's dream, SO Hot!
There is also a link to SubscribeStar, a Patroen alternative.

And a one time donation link too. HumbleBundle

Mr Dots gets ZERO from Patroen for DMD so these a good ways to help him out. THANKS ALL

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
@ReJoe

Not all patreons are only for Melody, there are a lot of us that go for both on patreon.

When he had to drop DMD I drop but when he came back with this new 2/1 I went back to patreon.

Reactions: January2015

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Did you back now with Dark Silver too?
Hell no DS still sucks and there will be no incest in his new game.
I will never go with DS for his bullshit of having to connect to the internet just to play the game because you must download most of the game every time you want to play.

I will never give russian access to any of my computers like this.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hell no DS still sucks and there will be no incest in his new game.
I will never go with DS for his bullshit of having to connect to the internet just to play the game because you must download most of the game every time you want to play.

I will never give russian access to any of my computers like this.
Not the same situation, Dark Silver dropped BB for good while MrDots continued work on DMD.
I mean he kinda will put BB in Glamour.Now Max will be a second MC.And we have Alice,Lisa and Ann too.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I mean he kinda will put BB in Glamour.Now Max will be a second MC.And we have Alice,Lisa and Ann too.
No he will only use the same characters with the same name is all not the BB story of incest.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
AgentRedGirl's account was recently slapped for an incest theme by Patreon, so now has a SubscribeStar account for supporters. The content was apparently not difficult to change (i.e., same work product, just altering relationships and titles) and Patreon has reinstated the account.

AgentRedGirl is maintaining a presence on both sites for now and has hinted that if Patreon throws up more problems and SubscribeStar appears to work well enough, the latter may become the primary subscription site.
Which isn't surprising. It's about what does SubscribeStar allow now and whether SubscribeStar might do the same as Patreon in the future because of the same reasons or whether it has the appetite for an action like that. I'm sure that someone with much more knowledge about SubscribeStar might be able to fill us in on how it's like and what's allowed/disallowed then if it's solid maybe we might see more people start building up the support base, hype, etc.

Right now, with 70 subs on SubscribeStar, that's a good start for Dots.

No he will only use the same characters with the same name is all not the BB story of incest.
Guys, friendly reminder, take it to the BB/Glamour threads. :)

Reactions: Axer Hell and fried

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Which isn't surprising. It's about what does SubscribeStar allow now and whether SubscribeStar might do the same as Patreon in the future because of the same reasons or whether it has the appetite for an action like that. I'm sure that someone with much more knowledge about SubscribeStar might be able to fill us in on how it's like and what's allowed/disallowed then if it's solid maybe we might see more people start building up the support base, hype, etc.

Right now, with 70 subs on SubscribeStar, that's a good start for Dots.
Yup, and I'm one of them :) . I was paying for each post-Patreon installment anyway, but it feels better to have a place where his crew can get a better idea of ongoing support, I figure.

It's possible that SubscribeStar might succumb to some of the apparent pressuses which Patreon gave in to, but they have direct credit card and crypto-coin payment methods and are at least bypassing Paypal's massive influence for now.

For those who haven't used crypto-coins, it's relatively easy to setup an account+wallet these days, I have seen. Their volatility might mean that - even if you send $10/month to a Developer - you may actually pay more or less due to the nature of crypto-coin valuation at a point in time from your original investment. So, something to consider.

Reactions: Axer Hell and Walg
3.80 star(s) 324 Votes