fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
So. overall ...

Considering that sharing/swapping for this game has been discussed practically since its beginning, anyone surprised it's actually happening might want to revisit their expectations towards this game. We all knew this one particular facet was coming, but perhaps some folks were hoping it might get buried over time as other events took hold. However, as I've written before, D's place in life right now does seem to naturally fit into enabling her (and the MC!) knowingly trying other relationship dynamics that involve other people and seeing what that means to them.

And hey, it's fiction: in real life I was a horribly jealous guy for many years, yet I fully support these fictional characters trying new things I never would have, for reasons of enlivening the story and to expand on their own range of possibilities in the universe within which they live. The game doesn't affect my personal choices in the real world with actual humans in a direct way, but roleplaying could be informative to some degree! My jealousy has actually been tempered by a lot of soul searching over the past decade, and while swapping/sharing isn't something I see in my real-world view for me, I always find it interesting to better understand from the perspectives of other people - maybe even a game can help me learn a bit more about other ways of living through purposeful role-play, regardless of my own path in life. It's just simply one more input towards better understanding other ideas and although it's merely a game option, I'm really curious to see how I react as the MC when allowing and enabling things I am not currently inclined towards in my own life.

But, that's similar for any fetishes I've viewed or even fantasized about which have no real analogue in my life: they stay in the mind, PC, on paper, etc.: fantasy is just that, it ain't real. But, once in awhile, it could be escapist+stimulating and still make one think + feel in ways you hadn't tried before. That doesn't happen for most adult fiction I see and read, but some topics do make me ponder what the characters were doing and why, because the writer may have brought out a point I hadn't considered before. In an adult game, of all things. And, that's the true allure of playing games such as DMD for me: I get to pretend I'm someone else and see where that takes things without any impact in the real world. It's a game.

Apparently, I'm in a minority with these perspectives (at least on F95!), but don't really care: the game is only becoming more entertaining with new options and paths emerging, especially with fresh areas of tension starting to grow. Keeping that drama going and maintaining the high production quality is what keeps me supporting the game.

Last edited:

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
So. overall ...

Considering that sharing/swapping for this game has been discussed practically since its beginning, anyone surprised it's actually happening might want to revisit their expectations towards this game. We all knew this one particular facet was coming, but perhaps some folks were hoping it might get buried over time as other events took hold. However, as I've written before, D's place in life right now does seem to naturally fit into enabling her (and the MC!) knowingly trying other relationship dynamics that involve other people and seeing what that means to them.

And hey, it's fiction: in real life I was a horribly jealous guy for many years, yet I fully support these fictional characters trying new things I never would have, for reasons of enlivening the story and to expand on their own range of possibilities in the universe within which they live. The game doesn't affect my personal choices in the real world with actual humans in a direct way, but roleplaying could be informative to some degree! My jealousy has actually been tempered by a lot of soul searching over the past decade, and while swapping/sharing isn't something I see in my real-world view for me, I always find it interesting to better understand from the perspectives of other people - maybe even a game can help me learn a bit more about other ways of living through purposeful role-play, regardless of my own path in life. It's just simply one more input towards better understanding other ideas and although it's merely a game option, I'm really curious to see how I react as the MC when allowing and enabling things I am not currently inclined towards in my own life.

But, that's similar for any fetishes I've viewed or even fantasized about which have no real analogue in my life: they stay in the mind, PC, on paper, etc.: fantasy is just that, it ain't real. But, once in awhile, it could be escapist+stimulating and still make one think + feel in ways you hadn't tried before. That doesn't happen for most adult fiction I see and read, but some topics do make me ponder what the characters were doing and why, because the writer may have brought out a point I hadn't considered before. In an adult game, of all things. And, that's the true allure of playing games such as DMD for me: I get to pretend I'm someone else and see where that takes things without any impact in the real world. It's a game.

Apparently, I'm in a minority with these perspectives (at least on F95!), but don't really care: the game is only becoming more entertaining with new options and paths emerging, especially with fresh areas of tension starting to grow. Keeping that drama going and maintaining the high production quality is what keeps me supporting the game.
People have a right to boycot and refuse to support people who implement that in their games

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
I understand, you have your integrity and your taste.
You decide what you like and not, you decide who you want to support.
The only illogical thing is your statement that you will not play/support if there's optionals of fetishes you don't like.
Its all fiction and like Schrödinger's cat, you decide the reality of the story with your choices.
What you can not see, doesn't exists. Its computer rendering, so its not real, until you experience it with your own eyes and mind.
Let the DEV make a diversity of experiences for more people with different tastes.
What happens with D in all those alternative realities is only true for the observer, you don't need to take a stand for all the alternative realities, that is a question for the observers of those realities.
Im new to this game and and this thread you seen to know a bit. I heard there are other fetishes and that this whole thread has basically argued about it with tons of messages. So if you can let me know some things that would be great. I just need to know if there is a way to avoid fetishs i prefer not to see, as in for instance the ntr some people said (i skimmed over it cause its just a bunch of argueing and such here) anyway are these fetishes optional? I personally want to just go through the game where only the father and daughter have sex with eachother and stay together without sharing or something. Perhaps after playing a second run and going down the optional fetishes route. Im only at the part in chapter 1 after the strip club scene with lucas. So idk much and i would rather he didnt go near her in my first run tbh. If you can or anyone can tell me more about whats optional and whats not that would be great.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
No one is insulting other players directly, we are voicing our disapproval of the addition of a fetish that goes against the core values set in this game... That said this is my last post for this game... its dead to me now, and I rather leave it at that before a certain resident mod comes and makes an example of me, and only me, or those that have similar opinion,s but not on the other side of the argument.

The rest of you enjoy the game, and have fun...

please dont tag me for this game again King Monkey Mon , as far as I am concerned Mr Dots only made Melody...
I put "" for this reason ! I'm sorry that you quit the game, if you want to come back one day we and D will be here (y) ;)

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Im new to this game and and this thread you seen to know a bit. I heard there are other fetishes and that this whole thread has basically argued about it with tons of messages. So if you can let me know some things that would be great. I just need to know if there is a way to avoid fetishs i prefer not to see, as in for instance the ntr some people said (i skimmed over it cause its just a bunch of argueing and such here) anyway are these fetishes optional? I personally want to just go through the game where only the father and daughter have sex with eachother and stay together without sharing or something. Perhaps after playing a second run and going down the optional fetishes route. Im only at the part in chapter 1 after the strip club scene with lucas. So idk much and i would rather he didnt go near her in my first run tbh. If you can or anyone can tell me more about whats optional and whats not that would be great.
If you're new to this, don't pay attention to those complaining. They have no idea what this game is all about. The true ending is and will be the one you've chosen (D and F together without sharing). The rest are just optional (and pretty small) arcs compared to the F/D only arc. Nothing is forced on you and you'll get plenty of opportunities to avoid content that you don't want to see.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yes, all optional.
the "main" route is F+D, and you can stay true until the end.
if you play without the walkthrough it will still be quite obvious what to choose to avoid other males.
most of the times is F and other females, we don't get much options for D, a few times you get a question if its ok (for male or female or 3some) or not, you simple click "no".

Reactions: fried

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
They don't listen. A mod a few pages ago just literally said to stop complaining over other people's tastes and they keep going at it. Some people need to get a thread ban.

It's sad to see some of the comments in the last few pages. Fighting over images of a 3d doll...
I'm a modder not a moderator, but thanks! :)

No one is insulting other players directly, we are voicing our disapproval of the addition of a fetish that goes against the core values set in this game... That said this is my last post for this game... its dead to me now, and I rather leave it at that before a certain resident mod comes and makes an example of me, and only me, or those that have similar opinion,s but not on the other side of the argument.

The rest of you enjoy the game, and have fun...

please dont tag me for this game again King Monkey Mon , as far as I am concerned Mr Dots only made Melody...
Dude, take a chill pill. This isn't the "addition of a fetish". It's mentioned in the Chapter 1 walkthrough! If you don't want it, don't make those choices.

Day 9 at the beach:
This option will change slightly the way the father treats his daughter. If you choose to let the bartender continue peeping, it might open a “sharing daughter” route later in the game.
If you want to drop support, fine, but don't say you're dropping support because sharing/cuck/whatever is being added. It's been planned since the start.

Because they aren't adding anything new. They are succumbing to the pressure of the cuck advocates that are a loud obnoxious minority pushing their fetish onto others. Every fucking game thread gets bombarded with cuckoldry requests. A bunch of games buckle under it and become unplayable. People are sick and tired of it.
There are "cuck advocates" in this thread? Really? Just...wow.

As I said above, this isn't new. This isn't because someone requested it. And it's a path that you don't have to take.

"But if he adds a cuck route that takes time/story/images away from the route that I want!"
And if he adds a non-cuck route that takes time/story/images away from something that someone else wants. What you want is not more important than what other people want. Which you'd probably realize if this whole NTR stuff wasn't such a major trigger. That's OK; just try to be less strident. The dev makes the game he wants. And so far he hasn't forced anything down our throats, except a relationship with D (the point of the story).

Look, guys, I get that this is a major trigger for you. That's OK; we don't control our triggers. I had one come up and slap me in the face about a month ago, and man did it ever suck. And then someone said shit like "that triggers you? what is wrong with you! man up!". Yeah, that helped a lot - not. But the game isn't going to force you into any cuck stuff. And if you can't play a game because one of the paths has it, then I wonder how you can be on this site, when some of the threads have (and celebrate) it. Kinda reminds me of the NTR discussion on the Love and Submission thread when the MC's mom sucked her date's dick - after the player chose to tell her to go on the date. If you don't want it to happen, don't make the choice that leads to it.

(No, I'm not saying you should leave the site - all are welcome, as long as they follow the rules.)

Last edited:

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
I'm a modder not a moderator, but thanks! :)

Dude, take a chill pill. This isn't the "addition of a fetish". It's mentioned in the Chapter 1 walkthrough! If you don't want it, don't make those choices.

Day 9 at the beach:

If you want to drop support, fine, but don't say you're dropping support because sharing/cuck/whatever is being added. It's been planned since the start.

There are "cuck advocates" in this thread? Really? Just...wow.

As I said above, this isn't new. This isn't because someone requested it. And it's a path that you don't have to take.

"But if he adds a cuck route that takes time/story/images away from the route that I want!"
And if he adds a non-cuck route that takes time/story/images away from something that someone else wants. What you want is not more important than what other people want. Which you'd probably realize if this whole NTR stuff wasn't such a major trigger. That's OK; just try to be less strident. The dev makes the game he wants. And so far he hasn't forced anything down our throats, except a relationship with D (the point of the story).

Look, guys, I get that this is a major trigger for you. That's OK; we don't control our triggers. I had one come up and slap me in the face about a month ago, and man did it ever suck. And then someone said shit like "that triggers you? what is wrong with you! man up!". Yeah, that helped a lot - not. But the game isn't going to force you into any cuck stuff. And if you can't play a game because one of the paths has it, then I wonder how you can be on this site, when some of the threads have (and celebrate) it. Kinda reminds me of the NTR discussion on the Love and Submission thread when the MC's mom sucked her date's dick - after the player chose to tell her to go on the date. If you don't want it to happen, don't make the choice that leads to it.

(No, I'm not saying you should the site - all are welcome, as long as they follow the rules.)

Why can't sharing be sharing D with other women? It's how I understood it, and how I received the Elena with D scene. Why does it have to have some dudes dick in her to be considered such?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I am not going to reference their alias, as requested, but do feel compelled call out their assertion.

Take a look at the official DMD Chapter 1 walkthrough from post #1 everyone ... I'll wait :) . My particular copy is dated 06 June 2018.

Office
- Massage her boobs
- Don’t insist (+1LP)
- Open the door
- Accept the compliment (This option will open a MMF route with Martin later in the game)
- or Change the subject (This option will close a MMF route with Martin later in the game)
We've known about this particular path for some time, folks - it does NOT go against the core values of this game, but is actually one of many themes that this game has been crafted to enable (in some capacity, I'm guessing that details were to be worked out later).

Hey, goobdoob beat me to it above! Sorry, I must have been editing this post while they commented.

Even before Day 13, discussion of MMF sharing (and polyamory, etc.) were happening. Before Chapter 3 was downplayed as a possibility, during its seeming removal and now again since it has been so nicely brought back to life.

As others have said better than I, different players will have their own fetishes or options to favor - and, for their own reasons. But, let's not pretend this game hasn't had various, forecasted trajectories that are suddenly being debated because - and only because - Chapter 3 looms grandly before us, making those once-unlikely happenings seem quite possible again.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Except I am making MY stand, not a group one... you dont like my comment, thats on you.. I dont have to bend the knee for content I dont like... just like you cant find good games for content you like, I just lost two games due to them adding content I DONT like...

If this was happening to "Light of my Life" or "Sorcery of Lust" or "My Work Life", or any of the other 100's of games that I dont play I wouldnt care... but they took 2 of my top games away Max's Life and DmD by adding stuff even if OPTIONAL, that goes against the spirit of the game to begin with...

I am not saying Mr Dots should go bankrupt or starve to death for daring to put said content in HIS game.. all I said is I dislike it, and once Melody is done (as I still like that game and am willing to support him for it, unlike many others) I will drop support for him. It probably wont even tickle him, and i dont acre... its for my peace of mind, not to start a revolution...

Whats next ? If I dont enjoy watching a harlot on youtube murdering puppies and kittens for the amusement of sickos, I should still support it cause those people get off on it ? Its my money, and i give it to people that do things I like... hence support.
No idea where you be in last 2-3 years.He don't add stuff out of nowhere.All fetishes are in the front page from october 2016.
Amen. A fucking MEN
Because they aren't adding anything new. They are succumbing to the pressure of the cuck advocates that are a loud obnoxious minority pushing their fetish onto others. Every fucking game thread gets bombarded with cuckoldry requests. A bunch of games buckle under it and become unplayable. People are sick and tired of it.
And how you reach that conclusion?Before posting check the facts,ok.That stuff was promised long time ago and is not a last minute add-on.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
theres no NTR in this game.

let's reverse it.
I have been waiting for the MMF from the start. Dev wrote that it will be one route. back in 2016.
- first the "slow" corruption. I thought, we will never get there.
- and the "patron" issues, and the start of Melody.
- Melody "took" 66% of the time from DmD. would DmD be dumped? will they remove routes to make it easier? will I ever get the promised route?
- After half year I started to believe in DmD again, it seems that the DEVs are doing a good job trying to make 2 games.
- Close to Chapter 2 end and no MMF anywhere, I thought, ok, I can't do shit about it, its the end, maybe I get 1 CG about a "future" sharing that I will never see, and "the end".
- Chapter 3 was now on the table and MMF could happen. hurray.
- People are bitching about it. reaaally?

if we reverse it, the ones that should bitch about this, is all the people that want to see the "optional" "promised" fetishes.
Chapter 3 seems to be exactly that. all the fetishes, harem, sharing, pet, love.
we are getting what we have waited almost 3 years. even so, people are bitching about it?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
theres no NTR in this game.

let's reverse it.
I have been waiting for the MMF from the start. Dev wrote that it will be one route. back in 2016.
- first the "slow" corruption. I thought, we will never get there.
- and the "patron" issues, and the start of Melody.
- Melody "took" 66% of the time from DmD. would DmD be dumped? will they remove routes to make it easier? will I ever get the promised route?
- After half year I started to believe in DmD again, it seems that the DEVs are doing a good job trying to make 2 games.
- Close to Chapter 2 end and no MMF anywhere, I thought, ok, I can't do shit about it, its the end, maybe I get 1 CG about a "future" sharing that I will never see, and "the end".
- Chapter 3 was now on the table and MMF could happen. hurray.
- People are bitching about it. reaaally?

if we reverse it, the ones that should bitch about this, is all the people that want to see the "optional" "promised" fetishes.
Chapter 3 seems to be exactly that. all the fetishes, harem, sharing, pet, love.
we are getting what we have waited almost 3 years. even so, people are bitching about it?
Amen brother baka!

Toriam78

Mar 4, 2018
Given that chapter 3 includes all the fetishes, harem, sharing, pet, love, my concern is the tone of the game as I feel like the tone in dialouge is not the same in a harem, sharing scenario and so forth. This would mean that dialouge in the chapter could be adapted for every fetish (some can be combined sure) or it turns into the same tone for all of them risking some of the dialouge not quite fitting the fetish. For example a love route lovey dovey dialouge would crash in my mind with a mmf, sharing fetish.

I cant really see multiple different scripts being written/adapted depending on fetish but I'm merely concerned with making everyone happy and the dialouge making sense for the fetish picked. As long as I can make the choice over what fetish is shown and the dialouge tone is great I wil continue to be a happy camper :)

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
So. overall ...

I’m going to stop replying and let you take over, as everything you say is spot on, echos my POV, and is better written.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I’m going to stop replying and let you take over, as everything you say is spot on, echos my POV, and is better written.
Uh, I was honestly thinking, "if Jeff Steel would reply further on this topic, I'm sure he could make it far more coherent and relatable ..."

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Given that chapter 3 includes all the fetishes, harem, sharing, pet, love, my concern is the tone of the game as I feel like the tone in dialouge is not the same in a harem, sharing scenario and so forth. This would mean that dialouge in the chapter could be adapted for every fetish (some can be combined sure) or it turns into the same tone for all of them risking some of the dialouge not quite fitting the fetish. For example a love route lovey dovey dialouge would crash in my mind with a mmf, sharing fetish.

I cant really see multiple different scripts being written/adapted depending on fetish but I'm merely concerned with making everyone happy and the dialouge making sense for the fetish picked. As long as I can make the choice over what fetish is shown and the dialouge tone is great I wil continue to be a happy camper :)
Interesting point on the issue of dialogue.

Besides Polyamory, even I don’t know how the other “highly contested” arcs will go. But, imo, instead of thinking we need to steer D toward the “style of those kinks” ... think more that those kinks will steer toward D. How exactly or successfully that will happen will be seen.

TungstenDuck

May 6, 2018
lol hoes mad. Ya'll realize bestiality was explicitly listed as one of the represented fetishes since the game's first release, right? It was right there until the shit with Patreon went down. Chill, you can simply not pursue it. I don't like the idea of D fucking Martin at all so guess what, I'm just not going to pursue that path on any play through. Calm yer tits.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes