buff

May 29, 2017
Which is a great reason to once again advertise that saving paths for different choices/combinations can be valuable, IMHO ...
I honestly wish developers would finish games on the harem route first before bothering with the 1-girl romance routes. It's a game, a fantasy. Other than completionism the bulk of players are going to go harem, and it sucks having the story development slow to a crawl because so much dev time is being devoted to the branch content. Finish the harem route, make it big and robust, then take a poll and see if it makes more financial sense to go back and add branches vs start on the next game.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I honestly wish developers would finish games on the harem route first before bothering with the 1-girl romance routes. It's a game, a fantasy. Other than completionism the bulk of players are going to go harem, and it sucks having the story development slow to a crawl because so much dev time is being devoted to the branch content. Finish the harem route, make it big and robust, then take a poll and see if it makes more financial sense to go back and add branches vs start on the next game.
But that assumes most players want that route above others, plus it's interesting to see *any* plot's events unwind over time, I feel. So, watching each unfold in relatively real-time with each release seems a reasonable thing to do.

Plus, if you've ever worked on a story where multiple, parallel paths can occur and each have some points of shared consistency, you'll likely experience many moments where a decision in one path influences the others. So, if a harem path was completed and you then go after individual ones, it may be that the latter come up with new ideas (from their unique perspectives) and you find that the harem path could be limiting where the other paths might have gone (assuming you don't want massive divergence between them).

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It's the other way around.The harem path is now the main route.All other routes with 1 girl are just an addition.
Pretty sure that if a path will end first it won't be the harem one.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
While I like the idea of finishing off one path at a time I don't see it happening.
DMD has a fan base who would wait to play through the various paths as they are created, but another part of the base would be very upset. Think back to how many times on this thread players averred they planned to quit after D lost her virginity, or would quit if they felt their D-only route was being slighted.
Logically completing one route at a time has merit, but financially maybe not so much.
Ironically as much as I prefer the D total slut/harem plot I would want that route developed last. Not only would it be a shocking counter-point to the more sedate romantic route, it would also benefit from knowledge gained creating the earlier routes.

Last edited:

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
It's the other way around.The harem path is now the main route.All other routes with 1 girl are just an addition.
Pretty sure that if a path will end first it won't be the harem one.
Yep the D only route is pretty much done except the wedding, pregnancy and the inevitable Rachel drama to drag the story out

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
A D-only route, or any character-only route, is very limiting. The narrow scope of the plot in-and-of-itself provides very little story growth beyond friction between the MC and main character.
Agreed Rachel will become an antagonist. IMO her drama may result more from the issues she creates between D and the MC than any direct conflict she will bring.
Rachel will most likely scheme against D and the MC in both the D-only and D+harem route.
As I have said before I would like to see a D+harem route path wherein D actually has a harem of her own by the end of the story.

Reactions: splamo

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
A talented artist jdpetela used D to recreate the classic beautiful temptress and snake image.
The sultry and yet somehow simultaneously innocent look on D's face in this image in many ways captures the essence of DMD. A seemingly innocent girl that has been led into temptation. In reality that is only a persona, D's true dormant predisposition is far from innocent.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
A talented artist jdpetela used D to recreate the classic beautiful temptress and snake image.
The sultry and yet somehow simultaneously innocent look on D's face in this image in many ways captures the essence of DMD. A seemingly innocent girl that has been led into temptation. In reality that is only a persona, D's true dormant predisposition is far from innocent.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A reworking of the olde Natasha Kinski poster.

DenBover

Jun 19, 2018
So I'm playing through Chapter 2 and the MC just broke up with Georgina with zero input from the player with incredibly dumb reasoning. Can anyone explain what's up with that? Is there a mod to make the Dad punch himself on the throat on command?

Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
So I'm playing through Chapter 2 and the MC just broke up with Georgina with zero input from the player with incredibly dumb reasoning. Can anyone explain what's up with that? Is there a mod to make the Dad punch himself on the throat on command?
I'm guessing you called jen to go shopping for you.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes