Inanna_17

Jun 13, 2019
Can anyone tell me what this means:

maximum recursion depth exceeded python while pickling an object

I'm getting an unhandled exception trying to save.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well obviously it means that a python was trying to make pickles but the brine in the barrel was too deep.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Nice to see someone trying to open another option for indie games.
I don't know if I would have went with Pervestor though, the name could dissuade game devs and players from using your site.
Good Luck.
The name is a small joke but not inaccurate, though your identity is safe. Nobody will know your real name, e-mail or location unless you disclose it yourself. Nothing brings the pervs together better than anonymity :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: RustyV

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Can anyone tell me what this means:

maximum recursion depth exceeded python while pickling an object

I'm getting an unhandled exception trying to save.
Think the ol' snake reached a point where he can't go any deeper :unsure:

Reactions: fried

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
This is the log. Pretty sure the error isn't related to a barrel.
Appears at first blush to be a recursion limit issue.

I am just guessing here, but maybe consider upping that limit, such as doing the below:

While not running the game, add a "moresaves.rpy" file to the \game subdirectory which includes the following two lines:

init python:
sys.setrecursionlimit(200000)

Start the game and play+save as normal - see if that helps or otherwise let us know.

Reactions: recoba and eliezer

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
DMD v0.23September 28th, 2019
29 days
As a reminder to new folks joining, there is a link to MrDots' own website in the first post of this topic - if you go to the " " post, then the planned delivery date for DMD's next installment will be shown on the right-hand side of the page.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
As a reminder to new folks joining, there is a link to MrDots' own website in the first post of this topic - if you go to the " " post then the planned delivery date for DMD's next installment will be shown on the right-hand side of the page.
Tell them also that we are getting previews each Saturday.At least is Saturday for me:)

Reactions: fried
3.80 star(s) 325 Votes