Exanadae

Dec 19, 2018
My guess is that there's some serious reverse-plot-writing going on here.

As noted in the changelog, the developers originally planned the story to end with Chapter 3. Presumably this means the modelling competition would have been the big climax, and D's success or failure in the competition would determine which ending(s) you got. But the decision to continue into chapter 4 changed all that, because the fork in the plot caused by the modeling competition is so huge that you'd essentially have to develop two games to keep both arcs going.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Skode

Mar 9, 2020

As noted in the changelog, the developers originally planned the story to end with Chapter 3. Presumably this means the modelling competition would have been the big climax, and D's success or failure in the competition would determine which ending(s) you got.

Nope she ends up a model, its confirmed via his other games... so the "canon" ending is she becomes a successful one and doesnt walk away from her dreams for good. Its just being delayed how you actually get to that point - to NOT have her end up a model then he would have to rewrite his other games not just this one lol.

Mar 26, 2018
This is a terrible take and allows echo chambers to form. People can criticize whatever they want. Whether it be movies, games, books and anything in between. This idea that you need to pay for something in order to criticize it is one of the most childish and backwards things I've seen on this site.
There is a thin line between productive criticism and biased opinion..And no you can't be asking from the dev to include or exclude something from HIS game and create something to your liking simply because you have the power to post a comment for free here..The reason why the creators are ok with their games to be posted here is because of the promotion that they get then we must play the game ( i usually play 3-6 updates for free ) and if it is to our liking we subscribe to their patreon etc , if not we move on to another one..I get that you get all of your movies , games and books also for free ?

Reactions: hitmangen
Mar 26, 2018

As noted in the changelog, the developers originally planned the story to end with Chapter 3. Presumably this means the modelling competition would have been the big climax, and D's success or failure in the competition would determine which ending(s) you got. But the decision to continue into chapter 4 changed all that, because the fork in the plot caused by the modeling competition is so huge that you'd essentially have to develop two games to keep both arcs going.

Well this actually could be a good explanation of the plot..Kudos(y)

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Nope she ends up a model, its confirmed via his other games... so the "canon" ending is she becomes a successful one and doesnt walk away from her dreams for good. Its just being delayed how you actually get to that point - to NOT have her end up a model then he would have to rewrite his other games not just this one lol.
In the other games it may have been implemented this way because the decision for ch4 wasn't made then? So Exanadae could still be right. And even if not, I don't think there was or is a plan to create a whole universe ^^ And even if, which of the well-known universes are always consistent (time travel, time lines, etc.).

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

This is something I've been thinking as well because, at the end of the day, no matter what path you follow, she's currently having a sexual relationship with her father and they intend to marry and have kids. If D becomes an internationally renowned model by winning this competition and gaining lucrative modelling contracts that propel her to stardom, then that taboo relationship becomes harder to hide. Whereas if she loses and fades into obscurity, then it becomes easier to continue this relationship outside of the watchful eye of the press and the paparazzi.

However, this all assumes that she has to becomes an internationally renowned star, but she doesn't. She can win and still see the ugly side of modelling, then decide to just remain a small-time model operating out of Seaside and maybe even set up crowdfunding profiles on parodies of OnlyFans and Patreon. This allows her to still have a private life whilst being a known personality in certain circles.

So I do somewhat think they changed this from D having a chance to having no chance to win because they weren't certain how to navigate her potential public career with her secret, taboo relationship(s).

But this is what they mean by "reverse-plot-writing", because SL may have shown she would become a model, but then somewhere between then and now MrD changed his mind and thus changed the planned arc in DMD.

Reactions: Vollezar

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Nah what im taking it as is there WILL be an ending where she becomes a successful model with D in tow... this is the "canon" ending. Melody had loads too including ones as well with all the different girls never mind her but of course those are not considered the "canon" endings as we know she became a success in the music industry based on other games. One had Melody as stay at home mum never making it big in the industry.

To reverse write would be come end of chapter 4 there is no ending offering said "canon" events in the future but thats a long way away and i dont think for one second MrDots is retconning the interconnectivity of his games on a whim like this, its just not the simple path to said events that many of us assumed was going to be the case (or perhaps it will be and the rest of the update in december offers the alternate path where not kissing = no evidence and she wins the competition)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Nah what im taking it as is there WILL be an ending where she becomes a successful model with D in tow... this is the "canon" ending. Melody had loads too including ones as well with all the different girls never mind her but of course those are not considered the "canon" endings as we know she became a success in the music industry based on other games. One had Melody as stay at home mum never making it big in the industry.

To reverse write would be come end of chapter 4 there is no ending offering said "canon" events in the future but thats a long way away and i dont think for one second MrDots is retconning the interconnectivity of his games on a whim like this, its just not the simple path to said events that many of us assumed was going to be the case (or perhaps it will be and the rest of the update in december offers the alternate path where not kissing = no evidence and she wins the competition)
Except that we have it on record from Discord that she was never going to win the competition, no matter what you did. They might change that with the December update based on the feedback they've recieved, according to Jeff Steel, but it still might not happen.

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
I found a strange bug in the script: after the night of day 40, when Elena (or Jennifer) leaves the MC home, there are the thoughts of the MC for both of them separately, like they were there one after the other. Same happens after the bikini contest, when D asks about them: first asks about Elena, then asks about Jennifer, even asks about both of them, in one continuous flow.

Lunamaria

Jul 20, 2018
There is a thin line between productive criticism and biased opinion..And no you can't be asking from the dev to include or exclude something from HIS game and create something to your liking simply because you have the power to post a comment for free here..The reason why the creators are ok with their games to be posted here is because of the promotion that they get then we must play the game ( i usually play 3-6 updates for free ) and if it is to our liking we subscribe to their patreon etc , if not we move on to another one..I get that you get all of your movies , games and books also for free ?
All opinions are biased. And yes, you can ask the developer to include or exclude things from their game regardless of if you pay or not. That doesn't mean they'll listen but that doesn't stop you from trying. Most big reviewers get their games for free from developers. They don't pay for the games and their opinions hold so much weight that sites are constructed to catalog those reviews and scores. What constitutes as constructive criticism varies from person to person. Someone saying the game sucks without elaborating isn't going to hold as much weight as someone giving reasons. But many people here have been giving reasons why they dislike the current update and what they'd like in the game.
BTW, you can't call it HIS game when he's asking for money and holding polls on what content to include. Especially when the game as hijacked from the original ideas by people. It was no longer HIS vision when that happened. It's just a bastardization made in the pursuit of money.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Except that we have it on record from Discord that she was never going to win the competition, no matter what you did. They might change that with the December update based on the feedback they've recieved, according to Jeff Steel, but it still might not happen.
Thats fair enough but still doesnt negate the conclusion that she ends up a model. It just wont be via the route of winning this competition and as others have said her winning means it would be harder to hold the story back and slog it out to branch out all the other stories and kinks so theyve taken things a different direction to get the same conclusion.

lalka

Jun 2, 2017
If she was supposed to lose anyway, I don't see a point to getting that tip for what to wear in the evening dress round. IIRC we had to get a tip to win everything in that couples contest earlier in the game.
They probably just didn't complete all the paths, and left them for the december release

Mar 26, 2018
All opinions are biased. And yes, you can ask the developer to include or exclude things from their game regardless of if you pay or not. That doesn't mean they'll listen but that doesn't stop you from trying. Most big reviewers get their games for free from developers. They don't pay for the games and their opinions hold so much weight that sites are constructed to catalog those reviews and scores. What constitutes as constructive criticism varies from person to person. Someone saying the game sucks without elaborating isn't going to hold as much weight as someone giving reasons. But many people here have been giving reasons why they dislike the current update and what they'd like in the game.
BTW, you can't call it HIS game when he's asking for money and holding polls on what content to include. Especially when the game as hijacked from the original ideas by people. It was no longer HIS vision when that happened. It's just a bastardization made in the pursuit of money.
Like you said he was holding polls for his paid members to know their opinions and kinks and this have nothing to do with you..If you want to criticise a game you can do it via the review section and by giving it a star to your taste anything more than that is just a like i said before biased opinion and an effort to hurt the dev and manipulate the members here to move away from the game..You can always DM the creator on his patreon etc for any spot that you think the game is lacking and you have every right to do so as a consumer but here you can post if there is any errors in the script , any bug etc but you can't asking from the dev to change something from HIS game to your liking only because the maximum that you have spend is 5 minutes from your time to play it and you have never contribute to the project..

Lunamaria

Jul 20, 2018
Like you said he was holding polls for his paid members to know their opinions and kinks and this have nothing to do with you..If you want to criticise a game you can do it via the review section and by giving it a star to your taste anything more than that is just a like i said before biased opinion and an effort to hurt the dev and manipulate the members here to move away from the game..You can always DM the creator on his patreon etc for any spot that you think the game is lacking and you have every right to do so as a consumer but here you can post if there is any errors in the script , any bug etc but you can't asking from the dev to change something from HIS game to your liking only because the maximum that you have spend is 5 minutes from your time to play it and you have never contribute to the project..
People can post their criticisms however they want. They don't have to be pigeonholed into doing it one way. Like I said before, all opinions are biased. People are drawn to opinions that are similar to their own, aka their own biases. No one here is hurting the developer or convincing people to move away from the game. This forum isn't full of lemmings. People are going to do what they want regardless of the opinions of others. People don't have to DM the developer. In fact, people rant on forums because they believe the developers won't listen to them. The game stopped being HIS the moment he put it in the public eye. Now it's completely open to criticism. You don't want people criticizing your product? Don't release it. Keep it to yourself. People already asked him to change the game and he did. The original concept is completely dead because of criticism from people. If he was willing to do it once, people are going to badger him to do it again because he's already shown he'll bend to pressure.

Last edited:

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
You can ask dev whatever you want, they don't have to do what you want though.

Mar 26, 2018
People can post their criticizes however they want. They don't have to be pigeonholed into doing it one way. Like I said before, all opinions are biased. People are drawn to opinions that are similar to their own, aka their own biases. No one here is hurting the developer or convincing people to move away from the game. This forum isn't full of lemmings. People are going to do what they want regardless of the opinions of others. People don't have to DM the developer. In fact, people rant on forums because they believe the developers won't listen to them. The game stopped being HIS the moment he put it in the public eye. Now it's completely open to criticism. You don't want people criticizing your product? Don't release it. Keep it to yourself. People already asked him to change the game and he did. The original concept is completely dead because of criticism from people. If he was willing to do it once, people are going to badger him to do it again because he's already shown he'll bend to pressure.
"You don't want people criticizing your product? Don't release it." Are you seriously wrote that ? When someone releasing his product he knows that he will receive criticism the point is from who he will receive it..If you can't understand the difference between paying for something and have some suggestions to make to the creator as a consumer and the thing that you do that you haven't pay even a cent to the project and then you even have the audacity to criticize the dev for a product that you don't pay for it hence you are neither robbed , tricked or something else then i can't help you with that.."No one here is hurting the developer or convincing people to move away from the game." so are you telling me that if ten people keep ranting and ranting in here they are not hurting the developer ? They are not making ( even a small amount ) of potential consumers to move away from the game hence hurting the dev..? I'm not gonna continue this since this arguement with you is leading nowhere..Have a good one..And btw is HIS game , HIS idea , HIS creation whether you like it or not..

Mar 26, 2018
You can ask dev whatever you want, they don't have to do what you want though.
You can ask whatever you want in their page via DM..All of them ( the ones that i have encounter atleast ) answer back to you and tell you if they can do it or not..Now coming here playing the game for free and then you even have things to complain about is something that i'm sorry i will never support..

3.80 star(s) 324 Votes