Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Is there a solution to the "NameError: global name 'name' is not defined" exception?

I tried downloading a fresh copy of the game from both Mega and NOPY then tried them with and without Lain's mod but it keeps happening regardless.

Last edited:

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
I have a question about my chapter 3 save and chapter 4. I loaded a save file and tried manually entering my choices, and the relationships are wrong. In chapter 4, it keeps telling me I can't be in a relationship with both Jennifer and have a threesome with Georgina/D at the same time. I finished chapter 3 with those two relationships. Is it a bug or something?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
:unsure:
is it just me or should the game renamed to "making my daughter a whore"

the story is stretched to be a pain atm ...

and i was lucky in case with martin at ch1 - or there would be unavoidable action ? at ch3
he´s maybe a friend but for nothing in the (game)world i let him fu.. her ,
or this ryan ..or cassandra

game was nice until half of ch3 ... :( , i really hope ch4 will be different than 2nd half of ch3
i think "Melody" is the better story in the end

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Yes you did. You played it. If you want more control you can always install Lain's Mod.
how tf do you know what i did with the D in my game? - a little bit of smart ass here huh
i have LM installed.... but barely use the options , because i want to play the game as it should be ;)

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
how tf do you know what i did with the D in my game? - a little bit of smart ass here huh
i have LM installed.... but barely use the options , because i want to play the game as it should be ;)
You complained that your D is a slut. She wouldn't be one I you would have chosen your options wisely.
That's not me being a smartass, I just read your post.
If you have LM installed and she is a slut despite you not wanting her to be one then that's your own fault.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Oh I'm sorry You used the word whore instead of slut.
Playing the semantics game is always funny.
Read your own posts...
"".. You complained that your D is a slut ..""
i dont said this - you should read carefully what i stated first
here a quote "" is it just me or should the game renamed to "making my daughter a whore ""
i said nowhere that I made her a whore/slut
but yeah - you got it right - and i have my peace...

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
The sharing path is probably a Mr. Dots fetish. In Chpater 1 nothing points to such a thing, in chapter 2 there are some things, and then in Chapter 3 is like he decide " screw this,i love sharing and i won´t hide it anymore, and you had the awful Chapter 3.
:unsure:
is it just me or should the game renamed to "making my daughter a whore"

the story is stretched to be a pain atm ...

and i was lucky in case with martin at ch1 - or there would be unavoidable action ? at ch3
he´s maybe a friend but for nothing in the (game)world i let him fu.. her ,
or this ryan ..or cassandra

game was nice until half of ch3 ... :( , i really hope ch4 will be different than 2nd half of ch3
i think "Melody" is the better story in the end
The sharing stuff is probably a Mr. Dots fetish. In Chpater 1 nothing points to such a thing, in chapter 2 there are some things, and then in Chapter 3 is like he decide " screw this,i love sharing and i won´t hide it anymore, and you had the awful Chapter 3. Like many said and i say as well, the game deviated to much from what was supposed to be.

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
No bugs. It's optional. Install Lain's Mod from the OP to have better control over sharing.
You didn't notice the odd text-bug implying something else happened with another guy randomly thrown in there? Happened to me several times even when I had the mod installed and definitely chose no sharing options. Either way don't you think 3-4 are kinda pointless if you're not on the sharing path? Seems like there's no alternative/it's much shorter if you don't.

Hey so I played chaps 1-2 awhile back and enjoyed them a good deal but from reading the reviews it's very quickly changed to something I would not enjoy at all re:sharing the daughter repeatedly. I read that it's a choice but in some reviews I've seen you still get bugs/dialog that make it seem like she does it anyway which totally ruins the experience for me(even the thought is keeping me from downloading it) and chapter 3(and 4)'s plots are monumentally shorter/truncated if you don't select sharing.

This all true, folks? Appreciate the help
I don't know about Uthuriel but in my experience said bugs do exist and like I said above it definitely seems shorter when you're not pimping her out.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
You didn't notice the odd text-bug implying something else happened with another guy randomly thrown in there? Happened to me several times even when I had the mod installed and definitely chose no sharing options. Either way don't you think 3-4 are kinda pointless if you're not on the sharing path? Seems like there's no alternative/it's much shorter if you don't.

I don't know about Uthuriel but in my experience said bugs do exist and like I said above it definitely seems shorter when you're not pimping her out.
No I never had a bug. Especially not with Lain's Mod installed. Martin was never mentioned again apart from when he gives you the tickts to the boxing match and when he borrows MC his car.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
How to import the dmd3 save files....To dmdv4
.. Anybody please Tell.
It seems Chapter 4 is a self-starter.
All you need from Chapter 3 is the stats and the what you did with who information.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
True, but that isn't a good measure of success.

In Alice in the wonderland the red king had an advice:
'Start from the beginning, continue to the end, and then stop.'
I think this story should have ended in chapter two.
I agree that a Chapter 2 ending was correct if you want a Fairytale ending, of if you are on a D only path.
If you are on the path of D maturing and becoming more open to new experiences (both sexual and non-sexual) then a Chapter 2 ending would have been anti-climatic.
IMO if the team would have done that, making the Chapters following Chapter 2 solely about D maturing and becoming more open to other experiences the VN would be much better.
Trying to equally satisfy groups with opposite ideas never works.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The sharing path is probably a Mr. Dots fetish. In Chpater 1 nothing points to such a thing, in chapter 2 there are some things, and then in Chapter 3 is like he decide " screw this,i love sharing and i won´t hide it anymore, and you had the awful Chapter 3.

The sharing stuff is probably a Mr. Dots fetish. In Chpater 1 nothing points to such a thing, in chapter 2 there are some things, and then in Chapter 3 is like he decide " screw this,i love sharing and i won´t hide it anymore, and you had the awful Chapter 3. Like many said and i say as well, the game deviated to much from what was supposed to be.
If you read the tags when DMD was first released there was no hidden sharing agenda. MrDots games move slowly, there was a building of D moving toward more sharing and her trying more fetishes. In fact bestiality was one of the original tags.
D becoming more and more "corrupted" as the VN progressed seems to have been derailed by team members brought in after the VN was released. It appears as if the goals for D have changed to what we now have, but this does not seem to be how she was supposed to develop at the release of DMD.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes