matrixsharm

Jan 15, 2018
i have to ask. the game is great for its content and drama..
is mrdot the only who capable of this type of stories?
most of games there is like they just throwing sex scenes ( beside dual family and maybe Parental Love and babysitter for me )

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
i have to ask. the game is great for its content and drama..
is mrdot the only who capable of this type of stories?
most of games there is like they just throwing sex scenes ( beside dual family and maybe Parental Love and babysitter for me )
It depends whom you asking. I didn't find a game as good as DmD.

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
the last 20 pages or so are all bullshit spam. unless his new project is just a cover to satisfy patreon cucks, then DMD will soon die. he has a chapter and a half left, if he slows down because working on 2 project, you wont see the end at least 2 more years. if it is a cover, why does he have to do any work on the other game at all ? just add 1 scene per update and focus on DMD.

Reactions: volto

QcBern

Jan 27, 2018
First, to : Jeff Steele

Then, general commentary.

Hi Jeff ! Old friend here (former fellow commentator on community section on DMD's patreon site).

What a dismal time this is !

(More on that later)

I just wanted to thank you for the fantastik way in which you turned
the situation around in the restaurant scene. What a contribution you made !

You litterally saved the Georgina character !

We both fought hard in defending the notion of polyamory as an option, that it wasn't necessary for F to cheat on D to accomplish this.

And you succeeded !

- I made an allusion to this in another game, Pandelo 's ''My sweet neighbors'' -

But I've kept tabs on what was happening in DMD.

It's so frustratingly regrettable.

It would be understandable for them - Patreon - to want to provide guidelines for outward appearances for projects potentially controversial in nature.

But dictating content ?!?

That's against the very notion of freedom of speech !!!

Then it dawned on me...

Patreon is privately owned.

What happened to them ?

Did they get a new president that wanted to make their mark by changing everything ?

Is it this new cultural phenomenon called SJW ? They were pressured in doing this, in cracking down ?

Intriguing times...

That can be frustrating also

Reactions: Jeff Steel

SikaNauta

Jul 21, 2017
But dictating content ?!?

That's against the very notion of freedom of speech !!!

Then it dawned on me...

Patreon is privately owned.

What happened to them ?
It's just the way things go? At first, it's one big happy family, everyone's welcome! Hey guys! Let's toast some marshmallows on the fire and sing Kumbaya! Bob brought his guitar! Then when mainstream success or a big payday start to loom on the horizon, people pussy out and it's the Night of the Long Knives all over again.

SikaNauta

Jul 21, 2017
Entering into a contract with such a company is like playing Russian Roulette where ONLY you fire the gun at your own head.
This is somewhat similar to what Youtube has done recently. Any creator has to sleep with one eye open because the Corporate Overlords can cut their revenue stream at any time, for any reason. So toe the line and play it safe. Everything is starting to look like Disney...

milom

Jul 26, 2017
Couldn't Mr.Dots change the script of DMD to a 'Patreon-complient' version and host the actual script file on a different site?

My thought was that for the Patreon version, Rachel and the MC were old friends. Rachel was an French-exchange student who was hosted by MC and his family when they were in their teens. When Rachel went back, they still kept in contact over the years. Now Rachel has a daughter who's interested in studying overseas after her final year in high-school. Rachel suggests going to MC's country for a couple of weeks (to test the waters and so MC can watch over her)...

I don't think it would involve any major changes to the current script, but it would effectively remove the familial relationship.

Reactions: botc76

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
well this is some next level bullshit,what is this dictatorshp??
if he turns his page into 3d art page that would comply with all those patreon rules,in all logic,they could do jack squat to ban the page,there's absolutely no reason to ban him if he never mentions anything related to dmd and instead starts to create simple unrelated erotic wallpapers for example...what he does with the patreon money outside their page is none of their business,using their logic they could also tell him that they will ban his page if he buys new diesel...
But then you can get a problem with idiots writing in to his Patreony 3D Art page, harassing him about problems with his latest under the table release of DMD. You know it will happen. Just look at the constant barrage of questions that happen here after an upload.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Dots said he'll develop 2 projects but it means more or less that he will dump DMD at some point when his playerbase switch entirely to new project. Business is a bitch and there is no place for emotions.
Look on Dark Silver on BB game after version 0.13 it will be no more update for that game. R.I.P BB and soon or later DMD will be in the same position..

My, telepathy is a thing now? Because you seem to know exactly what Dots is thinking and planning to do.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Couldn't Mr.Dots change the script of DMD to a 'Patreon-complient' version and host the actual script file on a different site?

My thought was that for the Patreon version, Rachel and the MC were old friends. Rachel was an French-exchange student who was hosted by MC and his family when they were in their teens. When Rachel went back, they still kept in contact over the years. Now Rachel has a daughter who's interested in studying overseas after her final year in high-school. Rachel suggests going to MC's country for a couple of weeks (to test the waters and so MC can watch over her)...

I don't think it would involve any major changes to the current script, but it would effectively remove the familial relationship.

I'm pretty sure that the two underdeveloped girls are a problem now as well. Because apart from incest and mind control/ rape, patreon is also going against anything that could be considered lolicon.
Mind you, I'm not saying the two girls are, but I think patreon thinks they are.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Unfortunately for DMD fans, we fear we "know" what Patreon is thinking and planning to do.
MrDots' reactions are clear as mud...

My reply was basically about everything BEFORE the final line. We all know Patreon is cracking down on incest themed content.

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
DMD is done! Same as BB. We would all like for him to continue but an alternative Patreon platform doesn't exist and the guy has to pay to his staff on a monthly basis, so we'll have to assume that he's going to work on his new project full time, like DS. At the end of the day, this is a business and no one does it for free. Everyone needs to eat. And Patreon didn't kill incest games, stupid people complaining about the patches and reporting creators did. All we can do is support the creators however we can and hope that a Patreon competitor arises this year. Otherwise, the whole incest games are done for a long while, I'm afraid.

Reactions: VeggieNeptunia

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
My, telepathy is a thing now? Because you seem to know exactly what Dots is thinking and planning to do.
Since Aiden hasn’t posted for a while, I’ll take a semiofficial role and say that MDots is invested in the stated plan of having a viable and as entertaining as DMD VN to be released via Patron, and he plans to continue with DMD as envisioned. The New Story is not going to be a filler, or smoke and mirrors, but he intends it to be a genuinely supportable product.

Are their hurdles - to be sure. Virtuvoid pointed out (correct me if I’m wrong) that juggling two products could lead to production failure. Perhaps. I know how projects can overwhelm each other.

In addition, you have to train patrons to not talk about DMD on Patreon any longer, and links to DMD can’t be linked on Patreon (by MDots or fans). I can see self policing needed there.

But I guarantee MDots’ advertised intentions are his actual intentions.

Rome was not built in a day my friends. (And neither was Daughter’s virginity lost in a day).

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes