TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Well, a lot of new devs have found a way of cheating the absurd rule about incest by doing a game without incest (even if it means the dialogues are absurd) and then releasing a patch that adds the incest content, but I suppose it is late now for a game named "Dating My Daughter".
Maybe he could call it Dating My Dental hygenist

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
There's something else that makes no sense.
Dark Silver (dev of BB) is planning for ~30 characters for his "new" project. Supposedly, some characters from BB WILL be in this new game. (Unclear whether as characters or models).
So why not DMD characters, too??
i'm not big fan of BB but i'm very interested in his new project,and if there is possibility to see kira in there it would be great,but i agree that it doesn't make sense if he can use characters from BB but mrdots can't

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
i'm not big fan of BB but i'm very interested in his new project,and if there is possibility to see kira in there it would be great,but i agree that it doesn't make sense if he can use characters from BB but mrdots can't
I imagine the issue is that Patreon feel MrDots' characters look too young.

darkmine

Jun 16, 2017
The worst thing about this Patreon situation is that we can't do anything against it imo.. just typing and talking will not solve anything

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
a spin-off is not something i would like, a game without D that will remind me of D all the time?

but, if MrDots continues DmD in the shadows, while creating a spin-off where the other females will be the main characters, sure. DmD need to be scaled down, so only D route on that one. and.. a nice patch to merge it together by some "anonymous modder" (that is actually MrDots in disguise)

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Here is something I posted on mrdotsgames.com. I’ve dealt with US Federal fiscal law, and funding restrictions on projects (e.g., Congress is funding you “x” project. None of that funding can go towards “y”. However, if you have facilities needed for X and Y gets the collateral benefit, then you have not violated the funding restrictions.

My post:

“To be clear, any monetary pledge you make on Patreon is to go to support on the new project, which should be fantastic, and to pay for rent, food, staff expenses, computer needs, etc. for that new project. (Out of those items - some amount of DMD staff effort and purchased DAZ art packs and whatnot related to DMD should not come from Patreon related pledges.) — I would still pledge what you are comfortable with on Patreon knowing that crossover expenses (rent - for - and computer whatnot are necessarily covering both projects [new and old] with no distinction. - e.g., you are keeping the studio lights on... a studio that happens to be doing two projects at once.”

darkmine

Jun 16, 2017
This is not completely true.
Patrons of devs--many in this thread--obviously have "some" influence with devs. If/when enough patrons unpledge, maybe devs will start leaving Patreon and search for a more adult content friendly site.
If @f95zone becomes more involved with the "situation" perhaps additional support by the community can improve things.
At the very least remaining hopeful, and fighting off depression over this DMD mess, is a good RL feeling for our members. We do what we can--a very good habit!--even if we "will not solve anything".
well there's always hope I guess :D

Imskel

Apr 23, 2017
I know i have not donated or anything so my voice is weak, I really would not want a spinoff yet I would like to finish DmD first. I have not even tried any of the other females in DmD yet I wanted to get through one round of the game before I replayed it with other routes.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Here is something I posted on mrdotsgames.com. I’ve dealt with US Federal fiscal law, and funding restrictions on projects (e.g., Congress is funding you “x” project. None of that funding can go towards “y”. However, if you have facilities needed for X and Y gets the collateral benefit, then you have not violated the funding restrictions.
The outcome of this approach depends on how much strongly is Patreon against the "bad" stuff. It's different whether they want to look like they don't help to fund it or they want to be sure they don't help to fund it. First case is great, use Patreon to collect for X, make both X and Y and everyone will be happy. But for the other, as soon as they (or whoever else might be the force behind all this) start to believe that without funding X there would be no Y, it can be quick game over. They may not be able to prove it, but they don't really have to prove anything, they can kick out anyone anytime.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
If I was MrDots I would make a shitty game and post in on patreon with about 5 renders each release and work on the game that I started my career with instead (DMD) send this one to the emails of my patreons as a bonus for supporting my shitty game but never talk about it or mention it on Patreon, that website needs shitty games? Give them their shitty games then.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The outcome of this approach depends on how much strongly is Patreon against the "bad" stuff. It's different whether they want to look like they don't help to fund it or they want to be sure they don't help to fund it. First case is great, use Patreon to collect for X, make both X and Y and everyone will be happy. But for the other, as soon as they (or whoever else might be the force behind all this) start to believe that without funding X there would be no Y, it can be quick game over. They may not be able to prove it, but they don't really have to prove anything, they can kick out anyone anytime.
If they approach it like many in Congress want to approach health funding and abortion, I believe you are correct. However, they’ve said MDots can continue DMD off site and have a new project on site - as long as there arenno links to DMD and the new project meets standards. I don’t know if they now have the time and energy to follow DMD, guess at its fundsources and it’s actual DMD expenses and say “aha, cross funding.” If they were to be that dickish then why not just ban MDots from the git-go?

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes