proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Why not start a subscription based website along the lines of Sex and Glory or Lesson of Passion?? MrDots currently has 3,500+ patrons on his Patreon. Assuming most pay $20 a month, he can set the minimum for his subscription based site at $19.99 a month. He delivers a new update each month, something that S&G and LOP fail to do and MrDots currently does. This may even draw in more subscribers, especially people that dislike waiting almost a year for an S&G/LOP game.

Hell, he can even offer a discounted rate for those that subscribe for a full year right off the bat. AND like S&G/LOP, he can use PayPal to set up payments.
Those sites do not offer short updates but rather full games, most of the time thoroughly tested with no bugs before being released. Quality might have fallen off last year of so, but for 20 bucks, you can play dozens of games, most of them very good.

SikaNauta

Jul 21, 2017
just look LOP at the moment,i remember 3-4 years ago there was so many subscribers that i knew from other forums and their blog,now you can find only handful of subscribers only on their blog,that's why i doubt mrdots is considering that option
How much of that decline in subscribers is due to increased competition? I haven't been interested in any of their new stuff for ages now. They haven't improved at all. Any new release is virtually indistinguishable from the stuff they were doing three or four years ago.

justjoe2k

May 6, 2017
I am just so sad. I was really into their love. It was buiding up into a special situation of love and lust. Now someone has spoiled it. Compared to the rest in this amazing site, DmD was so much better.
The project didn't come to an end, it is on hold until the can find a way to continue the support. They plan on going with DMD. Only it will be release on a slower paste. The good news is no censorship.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Could you please explain further? Would nice to hear what is going on :)
I can't go into too much detail but there are 3 different sites being developed right now that are hoping to offer the same services as patreon with the exception of actually allowing content such as ours.

All 3 are currently stuck and looking into how to get around the finacial aspect of things because otherwise they'll run into the same issue patreon has with using Paypal, as paypal does not allow content such as ours to be financially supported through their platform.
As there are many laws / TOS they have to look at and get in order before anything further is developed.

3xtreme

Jan 5, 2017
Two of the most popular games are on hold.... Man this is sad. On the other hand, I kinda felt it coming. The only bad thing is that a good quality content is not easy to find these days. DMD is one of my favorites.

Reactions: ShadowWing

Kane Salvatore

Salvatore Studios
Donor
Jan 2, 2018
not sure if these help or not but found these..

Reactions: darkmine
D

Deleted member 219719

Can't say I've been following *all* that's been going on with DMD and Patreon, but...I've been thinking.

I've seen some games and such on numerous sites, in which the characters *weren't actually related* (/underage/whatever else) which only made me think it's because of legal reasons, but almost always there was always a little "restoration patch".

Now I wonder, wouldn't it be possible to adhere to Patreon's "no incest" rules and on the side, spread the patch around for free, instead of having to delete content, get banned, set up new sites and in the meanwhile, halt the game's development?

Anyone knows if it was this taken into consideration already?

XMFR64

Mar 5, 2017

by

Hi guys!

Sorry for the long absence. We’ve been quietly working on both DMD and the new game, and today I’d like to share with you the new release date for DMD v.017.

DMD v017 will be released on February 14th (Valentine’s Day)

Also, this week:

• I’ll be sending my January patrons DMD CH.1 and DMD CH.2 v0.16.5, both uncensored and without the bullshit patch via email.
About DMD CH.2 v0.16.5

My original plan was to release this update in January, so that it would have given you the time to catch up with the game before v0.17. This update solves the transferring system for those players who played v0.14.5. Unfortunately, with the whole Patreon fiasco, I had to put this update on hold and couldn’t release it in time. If you have played 0.16, your old saves won’t work anymore That’s why I was planning on releasing it a few days before 0.17. But this will be the last time that you’ll encounter this error since updates from now on will consist in content only.

About DMD CH.2 v0.17

We resumed work last week and we thought it would be best to include a few more scenes that weren’t originally planned for this update. And I’m quite sure you would have enjoyed it more than the previous version that we had planned . That’s the main reason for the delay. Given that after we release v0.17, we will have to focus on the new game, DMD won’t be updated for a while so I thought maybe we should include some of the content that was going to be included in v0.18

The new Game

We will start focusing our energy on the new project after we release v.17. We have some ideas already and I’d like to share them with you:

• It will be a VN, just like DMD. A romantic, slow corruption VN.
  • You’ll play a middle-aged man who will date younger women.
  • A better story, or at least a more organized one.
  • It won’t be as long as DMD. We estimate that the game will take us a year and a half at most to complete.
I will be releasing a few previews on Patron this week, once we get the approval from their Community and Guidelines staff (they want to see that the new game doesn’t contain incest and that is not related to DMD basically, but they have taken their sweet time to review the content…)

About a dummy project:

Many people suggested me to create a dummy project: an image set or a small game to convince Patreon that I’m working on something while I focus on DMD. Unfortunately, they already told me that I can’t collect funds to support DMD, so the dummy project is a no go. In fact, I suspect they are expecting me to do exactly that to ban me. It’s too risky and I won’t take the chance.

We will play by the rules and develop a game the way they want that will also hopefully satisfy your tastes.

Final words:

So, that’s basically what’s happening guys. We will finish all the content we had planned for this update (v0.17), and then we’ll focus on the new game for a while.

Until the dust settles we have no other choice but to comply with Patreon and wait. We don’t want to rush the ending of the game either. Maybe a good Patreon alternative may become available in the next few months, who knows? But for now, we want to play this carefully and not make any rushed decisions that could mean the end of our games.

It’s you the fans that keep us going, and if DMD had been completed already, this new project that we’ve begun working on would’ve been the game we would have followed up with. So due to the unfortunate circumstances, we’ve started on it a lot earlier than we have previously planned! But we also hope that you will support us on our new project or at least try it out to begin with.

Thanks for your continued support,

Mrdots.

IMPORTANT: Please do not post any questions, links or comments that relate to DMD on your Patreon wall anymore. If you need to know anything about the game, post it in my comments section here on this website. Thanks!

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
About a dummy project:

Many people suggested me to create a dummy project: an image set or a small game to convince Patreon that I’m working on something while I focus on DMD. Unfortunately, they already told me that I can’t collect funds to support DMD, so the dummy project is a no go. In fact, I suspect they are expecting me to do exactly that to ban me. It’s too risky and I won’t take the chance.

We will play by the rules and develop a game the way they want that will also hopefully satisfy your tastes.
Makes me wonder if this guy actually knows what a dummy project is. It's not like the headline of the site would "This is a fake project to fool patreon, but in reality it's to fund DMD".

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Can't say I've been following *all* that's been going on with DMD and Patreon, but...I've been thinking.

I've seen some games and such on numerous sites, in which the characters *weren't actually related* (/underage/whatever else) which only made me think it's because of legal reasons, but almost always there was always a little "restoration patch".

Now I wonder, wouldn't it be possible to adhere to Patreon's "no incest" rules and on the side, spread the patch around for free, instead of having to delete content, get banned, set up new sites and in the meanwhile, halt the game's development?

Anyone knows if it was this taken into consideration already?
Yes. DmD had a patch to restore banned content, and Patreon came after Mr Dots for said patch appearance on the interwebs. That's why he was given the ultimatum to remove DmD and any reference to it.

Reactions: if95
Jan 27, 2018
It feels like he's already backtracking on his promise to complete the game no matter what :(
"Given that after we release v0.17, we will have to focus on the new game, DMD won’t be updated for a while"
"Maybe a good Patreon alternative may become available in the next few months"

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Walking into a ready-made position is easier than to come up with something on your own. I don't blame the devs for such behavior since quite a few are dependant on patreon money, but progress will be slow until more people take action.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Well, 1,5 year for development of slow VN seems to be too little for me so I don't really like that. Most likely it will be constricted into a form similiar to MSN which means linearity. But I still like general idea and I hope it will be great. As for DMD it's just normal. You can't realistically develop a second project on a side if it's not the one you're being paid for. Passion and dedication are great things but resources aren't limitless.

Reactions: Xaiouto
D

Deleted member 219719

Makes me wonder if this guy actually knows what a dummy project is. It's not like the headline of the site would "This is a fake project to fool patreon, but in reality it's to fund DMD".
I don't think that'd be viable. Anyone ignorant to the development of the problem between DMD/Patreon wouldn't know it's a dummy. Dots couldn't post updates, bonuses, or even links that would connect the dummy with DMD, and he could only send out his games for his patrons, which would heavily limit accessibility to new, potential patrons and people who wouldn't want to pledge (yet).

Reactions: VOYEUR

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I don't think that'd be viable. Anyone ignorant to the development of the problem between DMD/Patreon wouldn't know it's a dummy. Dots couldn't post updates, bonuses, or even links that would connect the dummy with DMD, and he could only send out his games for his patrons, which would heavily limit accessibility to new, potential patrons and people who wouldn't want to pledge (yet).
Yeah sure, I just meant that he makes it sound like they already know it'd be just a dummy project.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
It seems like Mr.Dots want his Patreon shekels back no matter what, hence the entire new project option.
Idk, but it looks like DmD funeral.

Reactions: Xaiouto
D

Deleted member 219719

Yes. DmD had a patch to restore banned content, and Patreon came after Mr Dots for said patch appearance on the interwebs. That's why he was given the ultimatum to remove DmD and any reference to it.
That's interesting, because unless Dots personally signed the patch, legally he couldn't be held responsible for its existence, which probably means Patreon's actions aren't to better public relations, but then what other reason does that leave? It's their crusade to remove anything even remotely connected to what is considered a "taboo"?...

I mean, is Bethesda responsible for Skyrim mods that allow the murder/molestation of children? From a legal standpoint, it'd be no different.

3.80 star(s) 325 Votes