3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Last one I played was chapter 10. The problem started on chapter 11
What's the version on your chapter 11 you're trying to open? I have a strange feeling for chapter 10 but let me look. Just wanted to make sure you're playing the right versions.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it'll help but try playing chapter 10 using link then play chapter 11 v1.02 and see if that works. I don't think it will be it's worth a shot.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
This game WAS great until I got to chapter 12 and realized I cant go forward as I was downloading to play them. Instantly cancelled my Patreon support.

Maybe ill support again if the this stupid online/download crap is changed.

Very disappointing....

(And before someone says just play online... I cant because it runs like ass on my setup...)

Reactions: January2015

recatcher

Feb 16, 2018
True but I wish your choices mattered more..so far there hasn't been much to them.
I can understand that, certainly. Especially with such good convo dialogue here, and some fairly interesting relationships and dynamics, you can do a lot with that.

But in the end I'm okay with it. For me it's fine because I hate "finding out too late that you can only do something in chapter 7 if you said one thing in chapter 2 and another thing in chapter 4 but DIDN'T say whatever in chapter 5 and now you need to do everything over... But remember if you do THIS then that closes a door for chapter 11 but gets you enough points for something else in chapter 9" and so on. Sometimes the possibility of forking paths is a nice way for devs to show they've put a lot of plotting into what leads where, but it can be tedious. And yeah, sure, you could just create a bunch of saves, but there are soon so many to keep track of it feels like you're doing your taxes rather than playing a fapgame.

Reactions: almostsentient

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
online vs download won't change anywhere in near future, if patreon version would be dlable then free players would get their hands on patreon versions too thus making supporting dev in patreon moot for some.

Reactions: ManedWolf

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
What's the version on your chapter 11 you're trying to open? I have a strange feeling for chapter 10 but let me look. Just wanted to make sure you're playing the right versions.
File says DFD_Ch11_102. I don't see any log file so there is nothing to read.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
File says DFD_Ch11_102. I don't see any log file so there is nothing to read.
That's the right version. I've never had an issue going to the next version using the official downloads. Only thing I can think of is have a look at your saves folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VNE2) and making sure you have your DFD10 saves in there. If they're there, looks like you might need to speak to @Palmer and see what he says.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
Personally, I’d stick with the official releases
Lol, i've tried the online version...
1) When i try to import Backup.dat from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 i somehow got the data from offline version i've played month+ ago...Tryed it on chrome & opera, with deleting cookies and cache...
2) The game dies for me at the same precise point, the same precise way as the offline version did - Chapter 2 at the park when you choose what to talk about with daughter...
It worked once, then i've chosen wrong topic(i think so) - loaded previous save - and it doesn't load anymore, just dies on 88%...Same goes for the earlier saves at the point of spending time with Heidi... :(

I've might like the game, but why the hell make it work so bad, with all this online shit, if it totally doesn't work as it should... :(

Oct 25, 2018
This has to be the first one of these games I played where I don't really care for the main girl. Kathy and Heidi are way better choices imo.

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
Lol, i've tried the online version...
1) When i try to import Backup.dat from Chapter 1 to Chapter 2 i somehow got the data from offline version i've played month+ ago...Tryed it on chrome & opera, with deleting cookies and cache...
2) The game dies for me at the same precise point, the same precise way as the offline version did - Chapter 2 at the park when you choose what to talk about with daughter...
It worked once, then i've chosen wrong topic(i think so) - loaded previous save - and it doesn't load anymore, just dies on 88%...Same goes for the earlier saves at the point of spending time with Heidi... :(

I've might like the game, but why the hell make it work so bad, with all this online shit, if it totally doesn't work as it should... :(
What do you mean by "dies"? Does the screen go black or just shits on you?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
just shits and can't load earlier save.

if really wants to start from fresh then needs to delete that vne2 folder.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes