3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Wrong tackle.....

Anywhooooo.......

But you don't know what the aunt has told Amanda, and why she is acting the way she is, do you? It's obviously something extremely important to Amanda, and is explained in later chapters. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts then
Therein lies the problem.

This one time loving "daughter" has suddenly turned into a complete thundercunt to the man that raised her on the word of a woman that just turned up without so much as an attempt to talk it through.

I know we can be vague when we're angry but if I acted like that towards someone, especially someone i'd known my whole life, i'd let them know why or they would think i'm a complete and utter bitch and not want anything to do with me.

The issue isn't so much as what has been said but more how she's acted now. She's like a child throwing the mother of all tantrums without being clear about what she's angry about which is about as attractive as the thought of piercing my clit with a nail gun.

It's a "me" thing. People that can't say what they mean piss me off. It winds me up in games as much as it does in real life, I just find it frustrating. Here you had a character people liked and regardless of what the aunt said she's shown a side of her that isn't attractive or appealing at all. Had she said her piece, left and then it been up to the guy to figure things out, fine, but now we have a character that has managed to turn off more than me due to what looks like a complete personality change.

Don't get me wrong in this, i'm by no means slamming your game or your writing. I know full well why it's happening, most stories need a bit of drama to get make a happy resolution seem worth it, it's just the kind of drama that happens to wind me up.

That said there are characters I adore like Kathy and Heidi which irks me all the more thinking that my hopes of a happy ending with one of those is going to fall to the wayside due to Amanda who, as it stands, is showing a severe lack of emotional maturity which does not bode well for future relationships either romantic or family wise.

As the man that raised her, seeing how quick she can turn without bothering to talk to him, is not going to end with sunshine and rainbows regardless. I may not know how men think but being who I am I would be advising Amanda to stay with her aunt as I couldn't be coping with her juvenile bullshit. If she's got a problem, say so and we can deal with it, if she can't then there is the door, don't bother coming back until you can handle a conversation.

Sorry, bit of a long winded ramble there.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Wrong tackle.....

Anywhooooo.......

This one time loving "daughter" has suddenly turned into a complete thundercunt to the man that raised her on the word of a woman that just turned up without so much as an attempt to talk it through.

I know we can be vague when we're angry but if I acted like that towards someone, especially someone i'd known my whole life, i'd let them know why or they would think i'm a complete and utter bitch and not want anything to do with me.

The issue isn't so much as what has been said but more how she's acted now. She's like a child throwing the mother of all tantrums without being clear about what she's angry about which is about as attractive as the thought of piercing my clit with a nail gun.

It's a "me" thing. People that can't say what they mean piss me off. It winds me up in games as much as it does in real life, I just find it frustrating. Here you had a character people liked and regardless of what the aunt said she's shown a side of her that isn't attractive or appealing at all. Had she said her piece, left and then it been up to the guy to figure things out, fine, but now we have a character that has managed to turn off more than me due to what looks like a complete personality change.

Don't get me wrong in this, i'm by no means slamming your game or your writing. I know full well why it's happening, most stories need a bit of drama to get make a happy resolution seem worth it, it's just the kind of drama that happens to wind me up.

That said there are characters I adore like Kathy and Heidi which irks me all the more thinking that my hopes of a happy ending with one of those is going to fall to the wayside due to Amanda who, as it stands, is showing a severe lack of emotional maturity which does not bode well for future relationships either romantic or family wise.

As the man that raised her, seeing how quick she can turn without bothering to talk to him, is not going to end with sunshine and rainbows regardless. I may not know how men think but being who I am I would be advising Amanda to stay with her aunt as I couldn't be coping with her juvenile bullshit. If she's got a problem, say so and we can deal with it, if she can't then there is the door, don't bother coming back until you can handle a conversation.

To the defence of Palmer and as a married man, (and no offence to you) it is a character trait of a lot of woman.
(Not telling you what's up and assuming you know why she's upset, or what you have done "wrong". Giving you the silent treatment.)

I have experienced in my younger days, about a girl feeling hot and "almost clingy" over me and then dropping me like a hot potato the next week. Al without telling me what's up. (I found out afterwards, I was the rebound guy)

The question is just if you would put up with that BS. Some guys( and girls) do and some don't.

Personally, I'm angry at Amanda, but also curious to see what could have caused her behaviour.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Rileyfksurmom

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
So if you're fiddling around with the basic program then you'll understand it takes a while to produce a quality render and there's more than 50 renders that Palmer releases including small effects that he has so that's a bit of a stretch to say he only has 50 renders per release. I'd encourage you to search for Palmer's older games which are here then I'd say you might have something different to say about his growth.
Yeah it does take time, and for the amount of money he gets 50 quality renders is extreamly low. FFS The Adventerous couple was releasing about 500 quality renders each update till last update which took 3 months, but had about 1500 renders. Milfy City also releases a couple 100 quality renders (much better quality at that) each release, and so on. The fact is Palmer's renders haven't increased despite getting more and more money, unlike literally every other developer out there. Bare minimum for 6k a month is ridiculous.

Reactions: Rileyfksurmom

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
To the defence of Palmer and as a married man, (and no offence to you) it is a character trait of a lot of woman.
(Not telling you what's up and assuming you know why she's upset, or what you have done "wrong". Giving you the silent treatment.)

I have experienced in my younger days, about a girl feeling hot and "almost clingy" over me and then dropping me like a hot potato the next week. Al without telling me what's up. (I found out afterwards, I was the rebound guy)

The question is just if you would put up with that BS. Some guys( and girls) do and some don't.

Personally, I'm angry at Amanda, but also curious to see what could have caused her behaviour.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh, I don't take offense, it takes a hell of a lot to offend me .... in fact I don't think i've ever been offended .... except that one time a car salesman thought i'd spend 14k on a rusty mini cooper.

Like I said, it's a me thing. I have 3 sisters, one of which is my twin and we've lived together our whole lives, and she's like that which is why it frustrates me. I need to say what I think or it drives me nuts, even if what i'm thinking makes no sense, so it annoys me when people have something to say but don't.

It's just one of those things. Everyone has something that winds them up about other people and that's mine. Either say what you need to say or don't bother talking to me. I'm not here to play guessing games about their feelings, i've got more important things to do with my time.

My biggest issue here is Amanda has stuck herself firmly on my shit list but I adore Kathy and Heidi. The issue being I don't think i'm going to end up with Kathy or Heidi but Amanda is still firmly on my shit list so that's less of a happy ending.

Reactions: Alfius

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Yeah it does take time, and for the amount of money he gets 50 quality renders is extreamly low. FFS The Adventerous couple was releasing about 500 quality renders each update till last update which took 3 months, but had about 1500 renders. Milfy City also releases a couple 100 quality renders (much better quality at that) each release, and so on. The fact is Palmer's renders haven't increased despite getting more and more money, unlike literally every other developer out there. Bare minimum for 6k a month is ridiculous.
Why do you even care? What's it to you what a developer make or not. If his Patreons like to support him, it's between him and his Patrons.

You compare his game to Milfy City, but Milfy's City's last update was in November 2018. Not a dig against Milfy City - I like that game, but it's not an example of fast rollouts.

Developers works at different pace. You get a work horse like the "Man of the house" dev that rolls out versions every 2 weeks, then you get the "dark cookie's" of the world that takes a couple months for a realease and than extreme snails like the Dual Family Dev, that takes six months or more for a release (And the subsequent loss in Patreons).

Not that it should matter to you or anyone except his Patreons, but Palmer rolls out his updates as scheduled with roughly similar size content give or take. In other words, his patreons knows exactly what they pay for.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah, the sudden turn of Amanda made me lose interest in this game.
from a interesting game to a game that i don't care anymore, like Avaron i can't stand that behavior, not after all that work with the relationship between them and getting close, that should be enough to have enough faith in Mc to talk with him. if I where the guy, I would ask and push it until she open up, I would not just wait or take it. If she continues to not talk, I would tell her to fuck off, as openness and be able to communicate is the key for a working relationship. Mc should be mature enough to know this.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Why do you even care? What's it to you what a developer make or not. If his Patreons like to support him, it's between him and his Patrons.
It's a pet peeve of mine when people waste money on projects where devs are clearly just doing the bare minimum in order to gouge patrons.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
My biggest issue here is Amanda has stuck herself firmly on my shit list but I adore Kathy and Heidi. The issue being I don't think i'm going to end up with Kathy or Heidi but Amanda is still firmly on my shit list so that's less of a happy ending.
Just wanted to say that I'm also a fan of Heidi and Kathy.
Although I'm still rooting for me and Amanda. Hopefully there is a good reason for her change in mood.

Heidi would be my first choice atm with Kathy a close second. Hopefully we can find a good ending for all ;)

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
It's a pet peeve of mine when people waste money on projects where devs are clearly just doing the bare minimum in order to gouge patrons.
Fair play to you. The issue is, taste and opinions differ. There is a lot of devs out there I would like to have more Patreons, Ptolemy would be first on my list. I absolutely love his games. But people support devs who's games are inferior in my opinion to his and nothing I can do about it.

As far as DFD goes ,I thoroughly enjoy every update. He is maybe doing less effort then someone else for the same amount of gameplay. Good on him I say. It's a clever way of doing things on his part.
Other devs are rendering each image that they use separately (Like Tora games and A wife and Mother) Compared to them you could say that Milfy City is a rip-off.

In anycase opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one. So this is mine.

Reactions: botc76

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
yeah, the sudden turn of Amanda made me lose interest in this game.
from a interesting game to a game that i don't care anymore, like Avaron i can't stand that behavior, not after all that work with the relationship between them and getting close, that should be enough to have enough faith in Mc to talk with him. if I where the guy, I would ask and push it until she open up, I would not just wait or take it. If she continues to not talk, I would tell her to fuck off, as openness and be able to communicate is the key for a working relationship. Mc should be mature enough to know this.
You might not like it, but it's a very realistic behaviour of some woman (Like Avaron's siter)

I agree that it's off-putting (And when it's used in marriage, you can not just tell her to Fuck-off. You have to grid your teeth and try and do the impossible and figure out what you have done "wrong")

I would assume that a daughter that you are in a relationship with would function similar to a marriage, where you can not just tell your daughter to fuck off. (Kind of screwed up, but there it is)

Obviously, people react differently to this. You have some people that would just tell them to fuck off like you and Avaron. Or other that want to see if there is still something to salvage (like me I guess).

Reactions: botc76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This game is turning in to a non sexual game . always sign of fucking someone but when you think it finally gonna happen it does not
Hint, if you manage to not get to the sexual options, it might just be that you made the wrong decisions. The OP has a walkthrough for chapter 1-16 where you get told which choices you need to get to the sex.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Wrong tackle.....

Anywhooooo.......

Sorry, madam. Please play the next chapters :)

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
FYI guys, you have your precious renders partially for "Farmer's Dreams" patron's money. Because actual renderer, MuseX, fucked developing his own game to spend more time on DfD renders.
Except, we are three people making renders for DFD. (The latest image posted here was done by me, including postwork, and MuseX had nothing to do with it. Actually the entire story was written by me too, so AW had nothing do with that either).

Hope you're having a great weekend bud!

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I use to be one of the biggest fans of Palmer they ever was. The first game he ever created is still to this day the best game I ever played. To me its the best game he ever created. I supported him for awhile until something happened in my life where I couldn't any longer.
I was on his website just the other day and read a post asking if you was a 5 dollar a month supporter when could you play the games. The answer was 2 months after the release when it was released for free. I'm not sure if I will ever play another one of his games.
$10 Patrons have access to the games before we release them for free. $20 Patrons get extra bonus scenes. The $5 tier is for images just for patrons that support us with $5+. I hope all of these 'awards' are clearly listed on our overview page at patreon.com/palmer.

If you need more info, please visit our Discord and talk to me directly :)

Have a good weekend bud!

Reactions: Alfius and botc76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Pretty strange discussion about Palmer and how he doesn't deliver. The guy has constantly delivered updates to all his projects regularly, has finished several games already and while he might not have as much renders per update as some, there are also those that provide far less and take longer.
Every chapter of DfD delivers about the same amount of storytelling, you never can finish them in just five minutes, unless you skip through to the decisions and that is far, far more than other devs deliver.
Fe. I love "Long Live the Princess" it's a fun game with high quality standards, nice renders, humour and a pretty interesting story, but the updates are short as fuck. Even with the whole needlessly complex navigating it only takes you a few minutes to see every bit of new content, because it literally is so little.

And the renders aren't everything in a game like this.. In fact there are several games on this site with good renders, but a pretty crappy story.
Guess what I prefer, a few more renders with a shitty story or a well-made story with a few renders less, but nevertheless of a high quality?
Yes, the latter.

Anyway, I can understand why in someone's personal opinion, you don't think much of Palmer or his games, but objectively to call him a fraud or a milker is ridiculous, because there are so many, many devs who are far, far more deserving of that title, compared to a guy who continuously produces content on a regular base.
If the amount of renders is enough to beat down on a dev like what I read here, then some of you might go and check out a few more games on this site and look how much some of those devs get, even when half a year passes between updates.

Not to mention those that dropped their games after milking their patreons for years.

drinktheevil

Feb 24, 2018
Error when hitting start on chapter 6....

any help would be appreciated

of Draw Event
for object oProcessFile:
DoAdd :: Execution Error
at gml_Object_oProcessFile_Draw_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_oProcessFile_Draw_0 (line -1)

Reactions: Zans and dxdy

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I tried to play after she turned up but the story kinda went to shit after that and I lost interest. I skipped most of it and just read the bits with characters I found interesting.
If you just skip the story, it might not make sense or be interesting :D

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Downloading some savefiles are all cool and dandy. But what do we do after downloading them?
Are they to be renamed, to be stored in /appdata/.. ?
Wierd leaving savedata with no instructions.

Can't even post a reply on the site. Just wauw..
Save files are for the online versions only.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I stop following people when they grow, and quality doesn't grow with them. When you're making the amount he makes a month, his updates should be getting better, not remaining the same. Or at the very least he should be producing the same amount of renders as others. But as I said, he's producing very little renders each month. The game isn't worth even 1$ a month, when you can get better content elsewhere for the same price.
Well, we are also making two other games at the same time thanks to the patrons and their support, and the quality of DFD has not suffered in any way, according to us.

Reactions: botc76 and DrFog
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes