3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I just can't.

There is nothing that would make it make sense, no rationalization. Nothing that would fix it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Except that's not what she does. She distances herself from the MC to think about all of this. Ch14 even has a sex scene with Amanda and the MC, so their love is obviously still very strong and passionate. But what her mother's sister told her is going to elicit a similar response in almost anyone IRL I think. She is being brainwashed by C to believe the MC did this to gain money and hurt Amanda's mom. Of course Amanda will distance herself in that situation. Also, this is better explained in the upcoming chapters.

Reactions: IAmTheGrim

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
No, very poor wording from me. I obviously didn't mean F95, just this thread :) Sorry about that!
Palmer Thank's for replying! I became one of your biggest fans with E.S.A. before you even had a patron page. It was and still is the best game I ever played. To me the best game you ever created. I'm not on this site because the games are free.I'm here because its simply the best site to find quality games and actually get to hear other peoples thoughts on them.

Marko1245

Jun 8, 2017
can someone tell me what kind of engine is used for this game and how to extract the CG ? thanks

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Well, I skipped spoilers here not to destroy the storytelling, but played the chapters (14) and with some of you guys I agree.

@Palmer - I really hate you for Chapter 14 ending :D In such moment!

@Avaron1974

I'm not that "dog-ish", but have different view on issue.

1. Amanda move out with aunt and leave the cafe.
2. She lives like a princess with a lot of cash and opportunities.
3. None of other characters want to deal with her (yes, even Kathy).
4. After some time she realizes that she's rich, but alone (which I pressume Lanie felt the same).
5. She regrets what she did and tried to build-up relations once again, but everyone turn their backs.
6. She's depressed and make a suicide hanging herself - noone cares, because noone knows.
7. Celia comes to MC and says what happened and put the blame on MC.
8. MC is "mentally broken", but he knows he's not responsible and Amanda being an adult could do what she wanted. Having Heidi on his side (I love Heidi, if Palmer gives an option, I want MC to marry her and start a family), Heidi defends MC (because MC is a freakin pussy, when it comes to arguing) and says that Celia is responsible for everything when she showed up.
9. Moe (Mortelli) is kicked out of the cafe because of plotting behind the "friend's" (MC) back. We don't want traitors (I wonder what will happen in Chapter 15 after that ending, but please, no spoilers!).
10. Kathy and Lily are happy to work with MC and MC is in love with Heidi, being married and a child on it's way :D Of course Heidi always keep worm place in bed for Kathy, when she wants to have fun with MC as well :D
11. After some time Celia realises what she've done and shot herself straight in her fucking face.
Now this here is a storyline I can get behind :LOL:

This whole thing is hilarious to me that through the first 11-12 chapters almost everybody loved Amanda and it took the writers a single chapter to make most people just wish she would just leave or die in some horrific way :LOL:

So I guess kudos to the writers for making most want any other girl but the main love interest...:ROFLMAO:

Jayjayj

Aug 15, 2017
Except that's not what she does. She distances herself from the MC to think about all of this. Ch14 even has a sex scene with Amanda and the MC, so their love is obviously still very strong and passionate. But what her mother's sister told her is going to elicit a similar response in almost anyone IRL I think. She is being brainwashed by C to believe the MC did this to gain money and hurt Amanda's mom. Of course Amanda will distance herself in that situation. Also, this is better explained in the upcoming chapters.
I think what some us of have the problem with is that she wouldn't come to her Dad right away to get his side of the story. Instead of buying in seemingly to continue to get brainwashed. That to me seems the more plausible response in almost anyone IRL.

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
I personally think the aunt should have never been introduced in the game. It would have been alot better without her for me. Just when the MC and Amanda relationship was starting to go somewhere the Aunt came in. It should of have been about him and Amanda and his ability to be able to resist the temptation of all the women or not.
Was the Aunt at her sisters funeral ? wouldn't it have made more sense if the Aunt would have tried to take Amanda when she was a baby to raise her the way she thought she should be raised. I mean they keep bragging about their endless supply of wealth so you can't tell me she couldn't find her for 19 years .
I haven't played it since what ever the episode was were the Aunt first met with Mort. in the park at the end of that episode. So I really don't know whats going on in it now.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I personally think the aunt should have never been introduced in the game. It would have been alot better without her for me. Just when the MC and Amanda relationship was starting to go somewhere the Aunt came in. It should of have been about him and Amanda and his ability to be able to resist the temptation of all the women or not.
Was the Aunt at her sisters funeral ? wouldn't it have made more sense if the Aunt would have tried to take Amanda when she was a baby to raise her the way she thought she should be raised. I mean they keep bragging about their endless supply of wealth so you can't tell me she couldn't find her for 19 years .
It's drama, a lot of stories have them especially romance ones as it adds to the feels when it all works out in the end.

It's how it's done that some of us take issue with not the actual story itself.

If the aunt had maintained contact and was someone Amanda looked up to, sure, I could see her believing it. The issue is that the aunt was already portrayed as bad news and they knew she was out to cause problems.

It makes no sense to some of us why Amanda would instantly believe something from someone she knows is out to cause an issue over the person she claims to be in love with without so much as getting his side of the story.

It just makes Amanda look immature, emotionally unstable and incapable of the kind of relationship she was trying to start. She has years of growing up to do before she's ready for that kind of commitment going by her character now.

There lies the issue some of us have. This hasn't made the aunt into the bad guy, it's made Amanda into the bad guy.

Tom10

May 25, 2017
Damm, I just can't enough of Heidi, her personality makes me wanna put a ring on her LOL :D Hopefully there will be a path where MC ends up with her

Reactions: Trojaner

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
I think they could have created enough interesting scenes with the temptation of all the other women without the Aunt.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think they could have created enough interesting scenes with the temptation of all the other women without the Aunt.
Doubtful considering not all of us had Amanda as the favourite.

That kind of storyline is always doomed to fail as everyone has different tastes. If that was the only plot line I think a lot of us would have already had a game over. A lot here like Heidi, I like Kathy and I think Lily and V have their share of fans too.

Some of us only went with Amanda to start with because the story pushed us in that direction. Had we been given the option I never would have gone that route, i'd only bother with Kathy.

Reactions: Kromo and wildt

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
Would you rather see a scene with Kathy coming in his office teasing and seducing him into having sex and Amanda coming in and catching them or the Aunt turning Amanda against him?
Is Amanda going to watch and masturbate ,is she going to join in or is she going to raise hell .

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
would you rather see a scene with Kathy coming in his office teasing and seducing him into having sex and Amanda coming in and catching them or the Aunt turning Amanda against him?
Neither bother me, as I said, i'm all for Kathy.

Amanda catching them in the first one wouldn't matter because i'd be with Kathy not Amanda and the aunt turning her will hopefully lead to her leaving so I can have Kathy.

Win win, still not drama though.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
I think that this whole Aunt shenanigan could have been an excellent twist to the story, but there are two major flaws. First, Palmer has just been dragging it out way too hard. There's too much filler and not enough problem solving, and the whole situation is way too irritating to leave it be for so long. Second, the way Amanda reacts to it is absurd. Sure, she might want to distance herself, but to outright leave and go live with her Aunt is just ridiculous. If I had an "Aunt" that just showed up in my life one day and told me that my father/mother was a criminal, I would tell them to fuck off and go get the answers from my parents, not from some random-ass lady that just inserted herself into my life. Not to mention that

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
Neither bother me, as I said, i'm all for Kathy.

Amanda catching them in the first one wouldn't matter because i'd be with Kathy not Amanda and the aunt turning her will hopefully lead to her leaving so I can have Kathy.

Win win, still not drama though.
Is there not enough drama in real life that we have to have it in a game to enjoy it?

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I think that this whole Aunt shenanigan could have been an excellent twist to the story, but there are two major flaws. First, Palmer has just been dragging it out way too hard. There's too much filler and not enough problem solving, and the whole situation is way too irritating to leave it be for so long. Second, the way Amanda reacts to it is absurd. Sure, she might want to distance herself, but to outright leave and go live with her Aunt is just ridiculous. If I had an "Aunt" that just showed up in my life one day and told me that my father/mother was a criminal, I would tell them to fuck off and go get the answers from my parents, not from some random-ass lady that just inserted herself into my life. Not to mention that
This is definitely my main gripe. Its the he said/she said and believing the unknown source over the one you love and was in love with just makes it a weak way for the writers to add needless drama.

But if pissing off a huge portion of your fan base was the goal. You nailed that shit hard!

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes