3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Then you obviously don't understand what Amanda has learned what the sister of her mother has told her about the MC. I'm guessing? Anyway, thanks for your feedback man!
You guessed wrong. I'm up to date, and I still don't think that Celia's bullshit should have been enough for Amanda to turn her back on her father at the drop of a pin like that. Hopefully you'll change my mind with the next episode, but as it stands now, Amanda is in the dog house.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I agree it is refreshing to have a different set of obstacles to overcome and its all about the execution of it. Just the sudden 180 attitude we as the player are met with. Its funny because Amanda even admits she doesn't trust or really like the aunt in the beginning and then BAM... MC garbage, Aunt Super AWESOME.... gtfo...
Exactly. She's uncertain. Doesn't know who to trust and what to do. She handles it in her - young - way. We felt that was realistic and we like it. But hey, it's not for everyone.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
You guessed wrong. I'm up to date, and I still don't think that Celia's bullshit should have been enough for Amanda to turn her back on her father at the drop of a pin like that. Hopefully you'll change my mind with the next episode, but as it stands now, Amanda is in the dog house.
But she has not turned her back to him? Play Chapter 14 again. She's "in between". We feel that makes sense and realistic for a girl her age.

Reactions: DrFog

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
But she has not turned her back to him? Play Chapter 14 again. She's "in between". We feel that makes sense and realistic for a girl her age.
Not completely, you're right, but for her to not talk to her father and go live with her Aunt just seems blown way out of proportion to me. She didn't even attempt to hear his version of events... You might be right, a young, naive girl with a melting pot of conflicting feelings might try to distance herself from the problem, but it has invariably annoyed me to a point where I don't really even care much about Amanda anymore. Hopefully she'll shape up and win me back over, but I doubt that's going to be the case, especially if MC ends up apologizing to her, and not the other way around. To be fair, Moe was also annoying the fuck out of me, but with the last episode, I've forgiven him more or less, so hopefully the same thing happens with Amanda.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Not completely, you're right, but for her to not talk to her father and go live with her Aunt just seems blown way out of proportion to me. She didn't even attempt to hear his version of events... You might be right, a young, naive girl with a melting pot of conflicting feelings might try to distance herself from the problem, but it has invariably annoyed me to a point where I don't really even care much about Amanda anymore. Hopefully she'll shape up and win me back over, but I doubt that's going to be the case, especially if MC ends up apologizing to her, and not the other way around. To be fair, Moe was also annoying the fuck out of me, but with the last episode, I've forgiven him more or less, so hopefully the same thing happens with Amanda.
Not when you consider what her mother's sister tells her. But we have to agree to disagree. Regarding her listening to him? Play the later chapters. Thanks for the chat bud! Have a great evening and weekend!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That's pretty much the problem.

While you have men that love to say they like younger women, what they don't want is to deal with their immature bullshit.

Now the issue is you've put a girl in the position to be hated by the people that prefer other characters. On top of that you've also highlighted the biggest issue of dating someone so young, they can't handle, well, anything.

People don't like dealing with other peoples shit. In a relationship, if this was to happen, some people would count their losses and move on.

The one major flaw of using young women in roles like this is they aren't ready for that kind of commitment. All this has shown is Amanda isn't ready to handle a relationship or deal with tough situations on her own.

To put it plainly, you've taken a character that was portrayed as happy, lively and loving and turned her into the kind of person some of us just don't have the patience to deal with.

As I said, it doesn't matter what the aunt says, what evidence she has hell, it wouldn't even matter if the MC was guilty of it. Amanda has kinda been pushed to the back of the girl queue by a few people here for characters they prefer. For some, she was never going to win against Heidi or Kathy and now with her acting like a child she's even further behind in the running with no way of her catching back up.

Which leaves the issue for some of us that can see where this is going, as it happens with all romance novels with "oh no, drama, oh yay we made it through" situations where you have the MC and Amanda live happily ever after while you have readers that are praying he ends up with one of the others.

While i'm not a writer so can't tell anyone how to do it properly one suggestion I would give out is, if you are going to make the main love interested have such a flawed personality that grates on some people .... make sure that MC doesn't have better options he could be going for because you can bet your arse your readers will be hoping he picks one of the others.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Exactly. She's uncertain. Doesn't know who to trust and what to do. She handles it in her - young - way. We felt that was realistic and we like it. But hey, it's not for everyone.
I don't understand when you say "uncertain" when its obvious she has already decided who she "trusts" and its not the MC.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
That's pretty much the problem.

While you have men that love to say they like younger women, what they don't want is to deal with their immature bullshit.

Now the issue is you've put a girl in the position to be hated by the people that prefer other characters. On top of that you've also highlighted the biggest issue of dating someone so young, they can't handle, well, anything.

People don't like dealing with other peoples shit. In a relationship, if this was to happen, some people would count their losses and move on.

The one major flaw of using young women in roles like this is they aren't ready for that kind of commitment. All this has shown is Amanda isn't ready to handle a relationship or deal with tough situations on her own.

To put it plainly, you've taken a character that was portrayed as happy, lively and loving and turned her into the kind of person some of us just don't have the patience to deal with.

As I said, it doesn't matter what the aunt says, what evidence she has hell, it wouldn't even matter if the MC was guilty of it. Amanda has kinda been pushed to the back of the girl queue by a few people here for characters they prefer. For some, she was never going to win against Heidi or Kathy and now with her acting like a child she's even further behind in the running with no way of her catching back up.

Which leaves the issue for some of us that can see where this is going, as it happens with all romance novels with "oh no, drama, oh yay we made it through" situations where you have the MC and Amanda live happily ever after while you have readers that are praying he ends up with one of the others.

While i'm not a writer so can't tell anyone how to do it properly one suggestion I would give out is, if you are going to make the main love interested have such a flawed personality that grates on some people .... make sure that MC doesn't have better options he could be going for because you can bet your arse your readers will be hoping he picks one of the others.
You are 100% correct. The only reason I am still playing is to see how things turn out with Kathy and Heidi and hoping Amanda does come around and realizes she messed up by doubting the MC just so I can completely crush her for ever doubting the guy who fucking raised her when he had 0 obligations to do so.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
If another family member tells you something like that about your Mum, it can be very easy to be shocked and not think straight + worry about 'evidence'. Its a game that builds with story each month, we still have chapters to go so maybe not assume and wait to see what happens before making assumptions?

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
If another family member tells you something like that about your Mum, it can be very easy to be shocked and not think straight + worry about 'evidence'. Its a game that builds with story each month, we still have chapters to go so maybe not assume and wait to see what happens before making assumptions?
I really hope your right mate because before the aunt showed up Amanda was one of my favorite characters in all these games. But then chapter 13 happened...

Reactions: McWoodz

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
I really hope your right mate because before the aunt showed up Amanda was one of my favorite characters in all these games. But then chapter 13 happened...
Have faith! insert red dead joke. But things have to happen to build a story, otherwise it will be the same repetitive stuff.

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
But. Chapter 14? I seriously don't see the issue. There is a clear romantic and passionate relationship there. But the "issues" needs to be resolved.
You can't just use sex to indicate a 'romantic and passionate relationship'. She's cold and distant, or as you seem to suggest, thinking things through and trying to decide who to trust, in every other scene, then bam, she's up and willing. It feels fake and manipulative rather than the romantic and passionate that you were trying to convey. Regardless of the issues involved, it's a terrible way for the daughter to handle it, especially considering that the choice is between an unknown entity and her only parental figure, one that she's in sexual relationship no less. There should be some benefit of the doubt there.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I don't understand when you say "uncertain" when its obvious she has already decided who she "trusts" and its not the MC.
I think you are misinterpreting the game. Maybe we didn't make that point clear enough. Hope it becomes it more clear for you when you play the later chapters, if you do :) Have a good evening bud!

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
We'll get it a few months and if it turns out that playing the later chapters changes nothing about how we feel, than hey, I guess you can do you being passive-aggressive.

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
The Diner is the problem how could Amanda be so invested into the Diner??? The Diner was there her whole life or not?
Since when does she work at the diner she should know that "her diner" isn't made out of gold.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She made a plan to turn the table and make the diner to a profitable diner or not?
How could she believe a woman that was never there for her and her Mother.
Why does Amanda not thing for a sec and ask a question why the Billion Dollar Aunt shows up now???
Amanda is my daughter or not why is she ignoring her life? She has a father that owns a diner he raise her her whole life or not?? She works with him and loves him more than a daughter should.
Sex is Sex without Trust how can i think that she loves/trust me?
Because we had Sex come on my incest daughter wants just the D!!!
Tell me whats on your mind daughter nope Father i just want the D!

recatcher

Feb 16, 2018

I honestly appreciate the "this was executed badly" complaints more than a "man I used to like her but then she had to go and have her own opinions about shit" complaints.

As for choosing "better girls"... We haven't really seen any of them tested, per se. Throw uncertainty and conflict the other characters' way and who knows how they'll do. Heidi might be the most balanced one, honestly. Kathy and Lily would both flake out, with references to bongs or pop culture or somesuch. Kathy's been known to just run off, and Lily was introduced as someone whose tendency was also to deal with things rather randomly.

Y'know, maybe if we'd skipped chapter 13 things wouldn't be feeling so dire. It has a few sex teases but just doubles down on the mean uncertainty in the main plot rather than inspire SOME hope.

Reactions: IAmTheGrim
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes