3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

BadWolf71

Jan 1, 2019
Lol, i meant it as "don't treat it as gospel". Yea, with the download version, it shouldn't change with when go to the next chapter.
I knew what you meant, I was being a smart-ass. Well I started all over again from chapter 1 and in-between 1 & 2 they changed the diner name from "Kear Morhen" (Yes, I'm a Witcher Universe fan) to "Kear Morhen Arcade" I'm clueless as to why it changes things. It did switch the relationships to default.

I just wish that you can change the name of the place with each chapter like you can with the relationships, just for the reason of continuity. I'm sure the choices are going to be fucked up as I go from chapter to chapter again.

Maybe @Palmer will read this and maybe give some insight as to why this is happening on the online version.

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
I knew what you meant, I was being a smart-ass. Well I started all over again from chapter 1 and in-between 1 & 2 they changed the diner name from "Kear Morhen" (Yes, I'm a Witcher Universe fan) to "Kear Morhen Arcade" I'm clueless as to why it changes things. It did switch the relationships to default.

I just wish that you can change the name of the place with each chapter like you can with the relationships, just for the reason of continuity. I'm sure the choices are going to be fucked up as I go from chapter to chapter again.

Maybe @Palmer will read this and maybe give some insight as to why this is happening on the online version.
Not sure why that happened, but did you check customization (the wrench icon on the main menu)?

AfroM

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2017
Cracked is basically online. If you play the download versions, you have to start from the beginning. I recommend online because you can use backup saves
Edit: don’t play cracked, as it appears no one is releasing cracked versions anymore

i bit late for that >.> i play until ch 11 online and now your telling me i need to play all over again in the offline mode? oh boy..

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
i bit late for that >.> i play until ch 11 online and now your telling me i need to play all over again in the offline mode? oh boy..
Just play online (official)
Edit: no, I never stated you need to play offline, that was an option. I recommend playing online because you can use back up saves. When I say online, that means official, not cracked as no one is posting cracked versions anymore

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018

You could try or

I can't guarantee they still work, but they (or one of them, if they're different - can't remember) worked for me a few chapters back. Good luck! :D

Vaassaa

Feb 17, 2018
I don't get the mandatory playing of previous chapters to progress. The game is fucking 14+ chapters long and has been going on for what, 2 years now? People have started switching PCs, so it's probably inconvenient for everyone...

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
I don't get the mandatory playing of previous chapters to progress. The game is fucking 14+ chapters long and has been going on for what, 2 years now? People have started switching PCs, so it's probably inconvenient for everyone...
I think the main issue is the fact you can't use saves for online then switch to offline or vice versa. If you could use the same saves for both online and offline versions, the issue would be lessened. Until then, thats why I recommend playing online, allowing you to use backup saves if it comes to it.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
I think the main issue is the fact you can't use saves for online then switch to offline or vice versa. If you could use the same saves for both online and offline versions, the issue would be lessened. Until then, thats why I recommend playing online, allowing you to use backup saves if it comes to it.
Open your Windows explorer and go to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local and keep a backup of the VNE2 folder...
Problem solved for offline... (that's how I keep 2 savegame lines (one for "harem mode" and one for "only Kathy" (as far as the game lets me)) alive)

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Glad to see this thread is back to normal :p

The last 10 pages:
We interrupt this broadcast to give you breaking news: Amanda is a bitch, and nobody cares about her anymore.

This page:
And now, back to our regular scheduled programming of the same 3 questions repeated ad infinitum:
1. Why don't saves transfer?
2. What's the difference between cracked and official?
and 3. Where are the last two chapters?

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
Glad to see this thread is back to normal :p

The last 10 pages:
We interrupt this broadcast to give you breaking news: Amanda is a bitch, and nobody cares about her anymore.

This page:
And now, back to our regular scheduled programming of the same 3 questions repeated ad infinitum:
1. Why don't saves transfer?
2. What's the difference between cracked and official?
and 3. Where are the last two chapters?
Man, those are the good old days

Reactions: Palmer and DrFog

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
@Palmer
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you so much for those remarks! I will just answer briefly now as we are getting close to a new release and I'm on my monthly 30-40 hours awake schedule; so a little bit stressed out :)

Patreon changed their TOS in Oct 2017 so there are some things I can't really reply to in your list. We were suspended at the same time as most of the other "top" adult creators and I was literally told to remove this entire thread on F95, which I'm not the creator of, and which is frankly totally absurd.

Me and AW made a stream on Twitch for 2 hours where we talked a lot about the layout of the game, how we planned the game from the beginning, etc. It's a shame it was auto-deleted after a certain amount of weeks, and that you didn't catch it.

I think a lot of what you say is subjective and your opinion is obviously as valid as ours or anybody else's. DFD was from the beginning meant to have exactly this story and was supposed to have a "TV-series" vibe to it (since you're a writer, I'm guessing you can find those elements). We never "changed" or made "additions" to the story from the initial synopsis, despite the TOS changes, which still obviously had an impact on the game. We haven't shortened or prolonged the game in any way.

We're also working on an extremely tight schedule obviously. With 3 games being currently developed, two of which are scheduled for monthly releases, things will happen - that to me and AW makes total sense - but for you, might not. And that is obviously totally okay and also why it's so important I listen to you guys.

Although I and AW don't agree with your reasoning in your post, we are obviously a) biased, b) know the story, and c) think it makes total sense. We've also never heard any of the feedback that's come up on this forum after the free release of Ch14, compared to what was being said on Patreon and/or Discord after the Patreon release, which is why I said earlier that there's a difference in what type of comments patrons/non-patrons make. There obviously is; but we do listen to both, which is why I'm here. And releasing all games for free is something we are proud to be able to do, so all feedback here definitely matters.

I'd be more than happy to talk about this further more after this month's release is done.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
That's actually not a bad thing. One of the strong points of writing is that you can kinda prey on the experiences of your audience to bring out the desired emotions in them. So if you're writing for teenage girls, you talk about the stuff that they might experience in school, with friends, etc. and then they can't help but have a gut reaction to it. But the problem here isn't that this was done, it's how it was done.

With something like this it's something that should evolve naturally over a few episodes. So for example aunt is introduced in episode 1 and she acts like a bitch. In episode 2 she comes back and tries a more carrot and stick approach that seems to convince Amanda to listen. In episode 3 Amanda is spending time with her and getting a bit standoffish at times but nothing huge. Episode 4 comes and Amanda is now acting more cold and distant. Not indifferent, like she's written here, but less prone to displays of affection and not interested in sex. Come episode 5 and she's pulling all the crap she's pulling in these episodes. It makes it seem like the aunt is slowly wearing her down and twisting her to believe in her BS. This is only made worse by the fact that it's either something she's making up 100% or we, as the audience, aren't being told what the problem is. So to us it looks like Amanda is 100% being a jackass for believing what the aunt is saying.

Amanda doesn't come off as "undecided" on the matter. She comes off as emotionally abusive. One day she's sunshine, sparkles and rainbows and doesn't want a thing to do with her aunt. Then the next day she's not coming home, she's not responding to texts, she's cold and indifferent in conversation and when you finally try to confront her on it you get a "if you don't know what you did then I'm not going to tell you." Then, when stuff feels really hopeless, they have pity sex with you before telling you it was a mistake and kicking you out, taking you from the high and crashing back to the ground.

This is actually pretty classic emotional abuse. Flip the tables and imagine a guy doing this to his girlfriend / wife and you'll see how destructive it is. There's a number of really drastic flags here. The disappearing for all hours of the day / night with no communication, trivializing or not caring about your feelings and an unwillingness to actually communicate the problem are classic abuse signs. I used to work with emotionally abused women and this shit sets off some insane red flags that immediately made me loathe the daughter.
This is exactly why the "she's undecided" excuse gets thrown right out the window. It shows she has made up her mind and believes the aunt and is exacting punishment on the MC.

Reactions: lanternflux
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes