3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
We were suspended at the same time as most of the other "top" adult creators and I was literally told to remove this entire thread on F95, which I'm not the creator of, and which is frankly totally absurd.
What the hell? Patreon told you to delete an F95 thread? Wow, that's kinda scary tbh. Makes me feel like we're being watched lol.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
I wouldn’t be surprised if they have people watching forums of games on patreon.
That's fucked up man. Thinking about Patreon agents lurking on here, waiting for @Palmer to slip-up. I just don't understand why they would go that far though... You think PayPal demanded they go undercover on F95 so they can lose as much business as humanly possible? And like, who the fuck are the lurkers? Did they get hired specifically just to spy on game devs?
1548725674634.png

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
That's fucked up man. Thinking about Patreon agents lurking on here, waiting for @Palmer to slip-up. I just don't understand why they would go that far though... You think PayPal demanded they go undercover on F95 so they can lose as much business as humanly possible? And like, who the fuck are the lurkers? Did they get hired specifically just to spy on game devs?
Plot twist, they all have a “Well known member” tag.

GeekUchiha9

Nov 5, 2017
Dude, i fucking love this game... EVEN MORE, the soundtrack of this game.

Please, if someone knows something about that, tell me! I need this lol

srusnak102

Apr 28, 2017
I like the game very much. Love the art work. Liked where the story was going. Still like most of the characters. But I just dont see how Amanda and mc will fix things.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Is all this Amanda bullshit that you're all discussing from when the aunt arrived up to end of chapter 14, i.e. if anyone played chapters 15/16 is anything cleared up?

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Cleared up? Yes. Excused? Not so much.
I'd love to find out for myself but unfortunately can't support Palmer. Not because of monetary reasons up because of the most bullshit technical problems ever.

srusnak102

Apr 28, 2017
I am not going to stop playing. I want to see the end. But i think that palmer might be going for a sad ending with Amanda and the mc and does not want to ruin that.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Thank you so much for those remarks! I will just answer briefly now as we are getting close to a new release and I'm on my monthly 30-40 hours awake schedule; so a little bit stressed out :)

Patreon changed their TOS in Oct 2017 so there are some things I can't really reply to in your list. We were suspended at the same time as most of the other "top" adult creators and I was literally told to remove this entire thread on F95, which I'm not the creator of, and which is frankly totally absurd.

Me and AW made a stream on Twitch for 2 hours where we talked a lot about the layout of the game, how we planned the game from the beginning, etc. It's a shame it was auto-deleted after a certain amount of weeks, and that you didn't catch it.

I think a lot of what you say is subjective and your opinion is obviously as valid as ours or anybody else's. DFD was from the beginning meant to have exactly this story and was supposed to have a "TV-series" vibe to it (since you're a writer, I'm guessing you can find those elements). We never "changed" or made "additions" to the story from the initial synopsis, despite the TOS changes, which still obviously had an impact on the game. We haven't shortened or prolonged the game in any way.

We're also working on an extremely tight schedule obviously. With 3 games being currently developed, two of which are scheduled for monthly releases, things will happen - that to me and AW makes total sense - but for you, might not. And that is obviously totally okay and also why it's so important I listen to you guys.

Although I and AW don't agree with your reasoning in your post, we are obviously a) biased, b) know the story, and c) think it makes total sense. We've also never heard any of the feedback that's come up on this forum after the free release of Ch14, compared to what was being said on Patreon and/or Discord after the Patreon release, which is why I said earlier that there's a difference in what type of comments patrons/non-patrons make. There obviously is; but we do listen to both, which is why I'm here. And releasing all games for free is something we are proud to be able to do, so all feedback here definitely matters.

I'd be more than happy to talk about this further more after this month's release is done.

Again, thank you for your feedback.
Hi and thank you for your answers! I am curious how the solution of DFD will be. As for our different reasoning that is quite logical. There might be the "author factor" playing a role here. Had that different PoV one or two times myself. When you are the author, some things you write about make total sense for you, while to those outside it is not so. So I will wait until the end of DFD how it is solved.
As for Patreon and their operational behaviour: It seems like their success went into their heads.

Reactions: Palmer

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
Thank you so much for those remarks! I will just answer briefly now as we are getting close to a new release and I'm on my monthly 30-40 hours awake schedule; so a little bit stressed out :)

Patreon changed their TOS in Oct 2017 so there are some things I can't really reply to in your list. We were suspended at the same time as most of the other "top" adult creators and I was literally told to remove this entire thread on F95, which I'm not the creator of, and which is frankly totally absurd.

Me and AW made a stream on Twitch for 2 hours where we talked a lot about the layout of the game, how we planned the game from the beginning, etc. It's a shame it was auto-deleted after a certain amount of weeks, and that you didn't catch it.

I think a lot of what you say is subjective and your opinion is obviously as valid as ours or anybody else's. DFD was from the beginning meant to have exactly this story and was supposed to have a "TV-series" vibe to it (since you're a writer, I'm guessing you can find those elements). We never "changed" or made "additions" to the story from the initial synopsis, despite the TOS changes, which still obviously had an impact on the game. We haven't shortened or prolonged the game in any way.

We're also working on an extremely tight schedule obviously. With 3 games being currently developed, two of which are scheduled for monthly releases, things will happen - that to me and AW makes total sense - but for you, might not. And that is obviously totally okay and also why it's so important I listen to you guys.

Although I and AW don't agree with your reasoning in your post, we are obviously a) biased, b) know the story, and c) think it makes total sense. We've also never heard any of the feedback that's come up on this forum after the free release of Ch14, compared to what was being said on Patreon and/or Discord after the Patreon release, which is why I said earlier that there's a difference in what type of comments patrons/non-patrons make. There obviously is; but we do listen to both, which is why I'm here. And releasing all games for free is something we are proud to be able to do, so all feedback here definitely matters.

I'd be more than happy to talk about this further more after this month's release is done.

Again, thank you for your feedback.
Always struck how reasonably you come across, Palmer. Robust in defense of your achievements, but "listening", responsive, and courteous too, if sometimes through gritted teeth. When others express themselves less temperately than Turret.

To put my cards on the table: Inc*st is something that doesn't interest me a bit. Not revulsion, just: Why?

I've mentioned before, Palmer and whoever AW is "motivated" the father-daughter attraction as plausibly and gently as I suppose one could. A guy badly missing his lost wife, lonely in the world as well as stressed by work and financial and existential worries, and increasingly seeing his lost woman's image in the daughter. The daughter missing her mother too, a loner for the most part (Kathy an uncertain/ambiguous best friend, and that's about it), an introvert pretending to be an extrovert, tending to be suspicious of others, anxious about most things though not wanting to show it, so putting on a carefree manner. With a certain verve and energy and initiative, when not too troubled or downcast. But needing the psychological protection of the MC, and, since her hormones are working overtime, not satisfied to vegetate.

All that was handled as sensitively, I'd almost add cutely, as about possible. Personally, I still preferred the step- over the blood-, but others, I guess especially in character and experiences more like the MC as just described, might have inner hankerings, temptations, needs or whatever it is. At least in fantasy. Whatever.

Big clampdown (a sort of clanging portcullis) bashed the game for a while, knocked out a central pillar of the investigation of that relationship - if not a central pillock. And Amanda's (and the MC's) status towards each other has been floating about a bit ever since. Not only because they can't work it out: who they are, individually let alone towards each other.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
I started playing for the daughter, and I'd like to finish with the daughter, but at this point it's looking like I'll wind up enjoying the Heidi ending more.

We've also never heard any of the feedback that's come up on this forum after the free release of Ch14, compared to what was being said on Patreon and/or Discord after the Patreon release, which is why I said earlier that there's a difference in what type of comments patrons/non-patrons make. There obviously is; but we do listen to both, which is why I'm here. And releasing all games for free is something we are proud to be able to do, so all feedback here definitely matters.
I'd be curious to know why you bring up the difference between paying and non-paying player's comments. I mean, people who pay to support you already think the game is great or they wouldn't be supporting it. That's not to say that people can't change their minds, but if they already enjoy it that much it's not surprising that you'd see less deviation and disagreement. Conversely though, it makes it seem like you're calling the people who don't pay ungrateful freeloaders, because they're the only one's you think are criticising the story's direction.

But, let's give you the benefit of the doubt, and for a second assume that's not the implication you're making. What is the point you're trying to make with the comparison of paying and non-paying players? What exactly do you believe is the correlation?

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes